#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Hee. One of my co-workers is planning on going to Las Vegas next month and he looked into going to see Prince's show. He found out it's all standing room only, and Prince comes on whenever he feels like it, even if it's 2 or 3 in the morning. My co-worker decided he was too old for that shit, and decided not to try to see Prince after all.

missed Prince, I was watching grease.

Claymate - hate with a thousand suns. I remember how it developed and the people that pushed it (not the people who created it fortheir board) and the people who didn't want it. I guess if someone said all claymates line up here for a free autograph, I would not get in that line. It rubs me the wrong way, makes my skin crawl and I cringe when ever Clay says it, but that is just my opinion and I can respect others like ---->attitude20.gif

I really can;t say that I like it...although I personally don't have any reaction to people using it. But I do not use it either to refer to me or the fans in general. BUT...what frustrates me about this debate is how some people take it as a personal affront to them when Clay uses it. Its something the media has latched on to and it is the most generic term next to ClayNation. I do think he may not want to use that cos it seems too egotistical of him to encourage the idea that he has his own nation... :medium-smiley-070:

missed Prince, I was watching grease.

Claymate - hate with a thousand suns. I remember how it developed and the people that pushed it (not the people who created it fortheir board) and the people who didn't want it. I guess if someone said all claymates line up here for a free autograph, I would not get in that line. It rubs me the wrong way, makes my skin crawl and I cringe when ever Clay says it, but that is just my opinion and I can respect others like ---->attitude20.gif

I really can;t say that I like it...although I personally don't have any reaction to people using it. But I do not use it either to refer to me or the fans in general. BUT...what frustrates me about this debate is how some people take it as a personal affront to them when Clay uses it. Its something the media has latched on to and it is the most generic term next to ClayNation. I do think he may not want to use that cos it seems too egotistical of him to encourage the idea that he has his own nation... :medium-smiley-070:

Even though I flinch a little when asked if I"m a "mate" - it depends on the questioner, I don't mind it that badly. Every great star had their followers like the "manilows". I like the Aussie and NZ interpretation of "mate" anyway. We're his "mates"- like throw a shrimp on the barbie on all. Hey, Clay, mate! throw your shrimp on my barbie, wouldja? :hubbahubba:

Hey, Clay, mate! throw your shrimp on my barbie, wouldja? :hubbahubba:

Don't forget that he's allergic to shellfish.

Oh....that's not what you're talking about.

Nevermind. [tm Emily Litella]

:medium-smiley-070:

Hey, Clay, mate! Is that a monster, Gorilla-like shrimp in your pocket or are ya just glad to see me? B)

Hey, Diva! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I guess you won't be doing the Kimmel Valentine's Day thing, eh? You know, I'm ecstatic that I'll be a 'special house guest' and all and won't have to stand in line and then still not get in again...but...dang. I'm sorta gonna be sitting by myself, sorta. I mean, I'm sure I'll not be sitting by myself---there are bound to be people on either side of me, but I probably won't know them. Well, maybe by the end of the show, I will.

If I can work against my natural instinct to be shy and retiring and all to say hello to a stranger or two.

I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other regarding the term Claymate. I don't refer to myself as one, but I don't shrink in shame when the name is tossed around. It surprises me sometimes though how worked up some can get about it. I think those who are going to wear blinky tiaras and dealy boppers will do it no matter what they are called.

What I found amusing was that one who is so strongly opposed to the name because of it's similarity to Playmate because that term is so "derisive" and sexist, can follow it up with a statement of what a great "ass shot" that SLC got of Clay on GMA. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that either, it just seemed a little like a double standard, and it just struck me as funny.

Hey, Clay, mate! Is that a monster, Gorilla-like shrimp in your pocket or are ya just glad to see me? B)

Hey, Diva! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I guess you won't be doing the Kimmel Valentine's Day thing, eh? You know, I'm ecstatic that I'll be a 'special house guest' and all and won't have to stand in line and then still not get in again...but...dang. I'm sorta gonna be sitting by myself, sorta. I mean, I'm sure I'll not be sitting by myself---there are bound to be people on either side of me, but I probably won't know them. Well, maybe by the end of the show, I will.

If I can work against my natural instinct to be shy and retiring and all to say hello to a stranger or two.

HA!!! I guess you are just as shy and retiring as miz KAndre...maybe people will take pity on you wall flowers and talk to you a bit...BWAH!!!

Just make sure you wear some really noticable accessory so we can spot you on camera...

I saw this on the CH...from Sunnydays:

I heard something early this morning about the number of celebrities that would be attending and the security that is involved as they reeled off a list of the known people that are there, and his name was on that list. No biggie, and it wouldn't surprise me.

<snip>

ellenpoppy, it was some sportcaster/sports show on our local channel around noon (we are only 90 mins from Indy, so they are acting like the Colts are our hometown boys @@), and they started off talking about the party that Kanye West hosted, whether Bill Murray really was there with Letterman and the president of CBS, and listed a bunch of celebrities and how all of them being there had made the security that much harder. Typical anchors trying to fill time. (When you have 6 hours before the game starts, you'll talk about anything.) I didn't report it because #1, I didn't even get online until noon and figured it was already reported, and #2, I just didn't think it a big deal that he was included in a list of celebrities -- I think a list of who isn't there would be easier. I don't neccesarily believe it either, and it's not my style to report on every time I hear about him being somewhere.

WOOHOO for the Indianapolis Colts!

So, Clay could have been at the game? Damn it! Doesn't CBS know that Clay Aiken demands screen time, whenever there's a TV camera around? Oh yeah, it was probably Clive's fault that Clay didn't make it on camera.

muski -- you shy and retiring person -- I'm sure you'll have new friends by the end of the night. Especially if the people next to you know about SOUTHERN HEAT....*g*

Yeay! I need to join...

By the way...I just talked with my family on the phone and man, oh man...I miss them! When Kenny picks me up tomorrow it will have been 18 days since we've seen each other. And I miss him. 'Coss he's a sweetheart and a really, really good guy and...

sigh.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here holding hot compresses against my funky eye and cursing the eye gods.

And drinking wine, so it's all good.

Oh, and play? Those couch tomato emoticons are a riot! :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by muskifest

Yeay! I need to join...

By the way...I just talked with my family on the phone and man, oh man...I miss them! When Kenny picks me up tomorrow it will have been 18 days since we've seen each other. And I miss him. 'Coss he's a sweetheart and a really, really good guy and...

sigh.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here holding hot compresses against my funky eye and cursing the eye gods.

And drinking wine, so it's all good.

Oh, and play? Those couch tomato emoticons are a riot! :medium-smiley-070:

AWWW I;m sure you will have a great homecoming...hee lucky MrMuskifest...and take care of the eye.

hee is that a banana jumping on the couchtomato???

I was flipping through channels and came upon Nick at Nite and that old series with Will Smith, "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" was on and who should I see but Tyra! This had to be well over 10 years ago. She looked so young.

Muski - I bet your family misses you too! And what's up with that eye???

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. Weekends really should be longer.....

Clay wasa t a Party? That would be news

I will combinethese two emoticons, just becaues Couchie is having a bad time.

sofa.giftomato.gif

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh heee that is so cute.

Tomorrow I will submit names to TBAF. Then I will provide more info about donations in the thread. I think people can make donations as soon as your name is registered there. He said it would be faster if I sent him names so I'll ask for a time line.

I love our name too Ansa.

Poor Muski with her wonky eye..she and Clay have a connection.

I can't believe the weekend is over. I did absolutely nothing. I didn't even leave my house. I just felt a general despressing crappiness. Just thought I would share. LOL.

That was an amazing show by Prince. I only watch the Superbowl for the commercials. Now that I have EyeTV on my computer I can watch TV on my computer screen while I'm doing other stuff. Can also pause and backup like you can on Tivo too. Pretty cool.

---------------------

A reminder to check out the new songs that will be featured today on Rose Radio at 11:00 a.m. (Pacific Time). You may want to refer to the Broadcast Schedule to see what time it airs for your location.

http://www.live365.com/stations/roseviolet/schedule

Some of the new songs added to the playlist this week are:

"A Different World" by Bucky Covington

"We All Want to Believe" by Judd Harris (Visible From Space)

"Papion" by Bo Bice

"Hell Of A Day" by Taylor Hicks

"God Bless The Dreamer" by Tamyra Gray

"Make Ya Feel Beautiful" by Ruben Studdard

I have also created a blog where you can read more about the songs I picked to add this week. I will also be posting messages about the schedule and weekly charts for the most popular songs.

Be sure to flag your favorite songs with the thumbs up icon, or the thumbs down if you hate a song. This will help me decide which songs to keep or remove each week. I am also open to requests and suggestions for the playlist. Just leave a comment on the blog:

http://roseradio.blogspot.com/

God save me from self-righteous divas! Rant follows, please scroll at will.

Big group of 150 people from Wed-Sat. Smooth as silk. Lovely people. Conference went very, very well.

Small group of 30 people Sat-Mon. People themselves wonderful, laid-back, hard-working, friendly.

Two facilitators that our company contracted with to lead the session?

EXACTING, SUPERCILIOUS, ARROGANT, UNPLEASANT DIVAS. :finger:

Result? This small group has been more of a headache in two short days than 150 people were. One of the faciliators has yet to smile at me...when she speaks to me, she obviously considers my job and role beneath hers (after all, I'm just the person who takes care of her room reservation and makes sure there's coffee when she wants it, right?)...She finds fault with everything from the color of the linens on the table to the distance she has to walk from the meeting room to the restroom. She gives new meaning to the word BITCH. :drama:

No need to go into the situation in detail from this morning that has me ready to commit a felony. Let's just say one version of Hell in my mind now is to have to work with this woman in any capacity for one minute past my departure at 1 pm today. :mallet::biteme:

End of Rant.

So...how's it goin', FCA? :rainbowsmile::Morning: :big hug:

Edited by muskifest

Muski - if it came to a showdown between you and the Bitch, my money would be on you! She would never know what had hit her! :mallet:

(And I just LOVE that finger emotion. Its so expressive!)

ETA: I was reading on another board where the Pods are making their move. Did you know that Clay and Clive had an argument and so Clive "mandated" the covers to punish Clay??? :believeitornot:

I can hear Clive saying to Clay "Clay, I'll show you who's boss! I'm going to make you sing "Right Here Waiting" and "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)"!."

Yup, that sure does make sense! :funny:

Edited by Claygasm

On another note...without trying to create a political debate, I have to say something in reaction to reading today about Pres. Bush's proposed $2.9 TRILLION budget he sent to Congress. The money would come from individual income taxes, corporate taxes and SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICARE AND RETIREMENT receipts, primarily.

Meanwhile...I got a call from my younger daughter yesterday. Seems that our local paper had an article about the huge eduction deficit in our little town and that the city council was considering closing one of the three middle schools and then spreading their student population between the two remaining ones, Carrie's being one of them. See, Lincoln Middle School is already serving a population of about 900 students; the buildings were designed for 600. The sixth graders don't have lockers since there's just no space for them, so they get a separate set of textbooks to keep at home, then use textbooks in the classroom only. Those students who buy lunch often hardly have a chance to eat it because the lunch lines are just too long.

Etc.

Here's the part that had me ready to cry: Carrie said that she was one of four sixth graders who went to the city council meeting last week. One of the other girls' moms had tee shirts made for them to wear, each saying something about their school. They're the Lincoln Lions and Carrie's shirt said, "Lions Need Their Space". One of her friends' shirt said, "Lions Want to Roar", etc. One of the girls wrote a speech about why closing the other middle school is a bad idea and delivered it at the council meeting. Each of the girls went to the front of the room and presented one condition at their school that would worsen if the other school closed; then each girl asked one question of the council about the situation. Then they started a petition and have been passing it around to keep the school open.

She told me they'd collected almost 300 signatures so far.

I was flabbergasted.

Then she told me that another thing the city was considering as a way to find money was to cut athletic programs at the schools. She was fighting back tears at this. She said, "Mom, if they do that, there won't be any scholarships for college!" (She's thinking about softball, of course.)

Okay. If that wasn't enough already to have me sniffling, get this. I told her how amazing everything was---how wonderful that she and her friends had taken the initiative to do something, take a public stand and get involved. I told her how proud I was of her and that I had never done anything like that at her age.

She said, "Thanks, Mom. I feel good inside about it."

:cry4::crying1::clap: :large-smiley-003:

I'm just in shock.