Star Plaza Theatre, Merrillville, IN

Ansamcw

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

That was the most amazing experience EVER! The man was on fire this evening.

He was still incredibly chatty, and witty, and funny. One part that I'm sure didn't come over the cellcert was the "Word of the day" thing. He brought Jaimie out with a sign that said "crescendo" and she walked across the stage just like the boxing girls do at a boxing match. It was incredibly funny.

But the highlights of the show was the last three songs. MGUCL...when he went to that high note at the very end, I almost fainted. It was unexpected to me, and he hit it right on. DSIAFCD -- what can I say? He had power, he had strength, and he nailed that glory note. luckiest1 and I were holding on to each other for dear life during the bridge of the song, and I'm pretty positive the entire audience was sending him good vibes. They worked.

And then, AIW. When he came out, he gave Jesse Vargas a look like "help me make it through this." In the meantime, the audience started holding up their hands...with crossed fingers. The power from the audience was palpable. He hit that note -- the audience broke into wild applause. When he finished, he grinned, signed thank you, bowed, flipped his hair back (just for Heidi), and left the stage. More than a few people were in tears by that point. Me included. I've cried twice before seeing Clay -- make it a third time, now.

More later when I'm coherant. Which should be about, oh say, December 2008.

Thanks for the first hand report!

I'm so glad you were there to experience it.

I think the entire Clay Nation was willing him through AIW tonight.

He is so amazing. :)

Now, what's taking that clack so long??? ;)

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

That was the most amazing experience EVER! The man was on fire this evening.

He was still incredibly chatty, and witty, and funny. One part that I'm sure didn't come over the cellcert was the "Word of the day" thing. He brought Jaimie out with a sign that said "crescendo" and she walked across the stage just like the boxing girls do at a boxing match. It was incredibly funny.

But the highlights of the show was the last three songs. MGUCL...when he went to that high note at the very end, I almost fainted. It was unexpected to me, and he hit it right on. DSIAFCD -- what can I say? He had power, he had strength, and he nailed that glory note. luckiest1 and I were holding on to each other for dear life during the bridge of the song, and I'm pretty positive the entire audience was sending him good vibes. They worked.

And then, AIW. When he came out, he gave Jesse Vargas a look like "help me make it through this." In the meantime, the audience started holding up their hands...with crossed fingers. The power from the audience was palpable. He hit that note -- the audience broke into wild applause. When he finished, he grinned, signed thank you, bowed, flipped his hair back (just for Heidi), and left the stage. More than a few people were in tears by that point. Me included. I've cried twice before seeing Clay -- make it a third time, now.

More later when I'm coherant. Which should be about, oh say, December 2008.

EEEEEEEEE I was thinking about you guys as I was listening to that final note...that was to make up for the lousy weather.

I did cry too...that was incredible.

I did notice that he was pacing himself so much better...he added some flourishes but used his head voice a lot and he wasn't tryint to power through DSFIACD and thank god he paused before the glory note.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

who is Jaimie?

Clay's cousin that is part of the entourage not...she is his new hairstylist.

Hee I felt like we were all on that stage with him at that point. I know I held my breath until he hit that note...

and the audience reaction was just insane...

Muski...will you be changing your encore song to AIW now? you know in the last chapter?

So basically, when you work for Clay, you never know what you will be doing from walking dogs to being part of the schtik? Will Jerome be carrying it with boxing shorts on in the future?

BWAH...in a blonde wig?

luckiest1's daughter and her friend had seats in the balcony, and we're watching the clack from it right now.

Have I mentioned that he was freakin' awesome?

Meanwhile, luckiest1 and I were in the 13th row, dead center. We also had binoculars...and he gave us both lethal eyef**ks through them. We could not see up his nose to his brain though. :D Oh, and he also had his hand in his pockets several times...stretching the pants across his crotchal area. Good God. Left very little to the imagination.

Wow! The Clack godesses are quick!

Go get it at the CH!

ALL IS WELL

OMG!!! Clack already!!!!

Woo hoo!

Downloading now.

OMG he sang this so well from the expressiveness of the low notes and the strength of the high notes...you can tell he was giving it his all.

Wow! The Clack godesses are quick!

Go get it at the CH!

ALL IS WELL

OMG!!! Clack already!!!!

Woo hoo!

Downloading now.

OMG he sang this so well from the expressiveness of the low notes and the strength of the high notes...you can tell he was giving it his all.

Wow! That was amazing! He was making so many funny faces . You could tell how hard he was working for it.

And then that note! And when he was done you could see him saw Phew! And the way he turned and smiled at Jesse, He was soooooooooo relieved!

Mr. Perfectionist must have not been happy last night!

Picture.

Still not loving the hair, but I do love the suit!

114384095_L.jpg

P1040068-2.jpg

Edited by Claygasm

Yes, we just got home from the show...and did we download the clack? HELL YEAH!!!

We applauded at the end of the clip, just as we did at the show....

It's going to take a LONG time to come down from this show. Amazing night, amazing man.

Yes, we just got home from the show...and did we download the clack? HELL YEAH!!!

We applauded at the end of the clip, just as we did at the show....

It's going to take a LONG time to come down from this show. Amazing night, amazing man.

My cheeks are hurting from smiling...this is one of those incredible times in this fandom...right up there with Wilkes barre...he will probably sing this song better on other nights...but I will never forget this night...when he conquered that song and the whole fandom was behind him and we all cheeered at his triumph.

And guess what...remember what he said in the WALK interveiw...without the hurt or bad times...we don't get these high. THIS guy will never be dull.

P1150475c1t.jpg