American Idol 6

Ansamcw

PHew! Gobbled down my dinner made it!

First guy - bring. VERY karaoke.

This Brandon guy has a great tone to his voice, but I am not bowled over by his performance. Maybe nerves?

By the way - anyone else think it was odd they mentioned AI success stories and left out Kelly and her Grammys and, maybe oddest of all, mentioned DAUGHTRY!!!! and Kat, but not the reigning AI winner Taylor?

Edited by Claygasm

Ugh I am finding him cheesy in the beginning...puching the sexy look too much...

yuck...he was flat in the top notes...this guy is not impressive...his vocals are not that strong, its like he is struggling to keep on top of the notes.

oh man...Randy called it.

I agree with the judges, very disappointing.

He's wearing Clay's white belt too. <g>

But he doesn't have Clay's brilliant white teeth! :em0100:

He also doesn't have whatever it is that makes me want to DO Clay, like, All the time. <g>

I like Sundance's song choice, but he's not sounding that strong tonight - But better than Brandon.

Claygasm I think they were simply mentioning the most recent successes..Carrie and Jennifer are the big story...and there reallt is nothing to brag about with Taylor...he is turnign out the biggest flop of the winners when it comes to sales.

WOW this guy is really disappointing me...he is also pitchy...

I am pretty disappointement...yeah he lost his unique vibe.

wow these judges are really on the ball with the judgement.

Claygasm I think they were simply mentioning the most recent successes..Carrie and Jennifer are the big story...and there reallt is nothing to brag about with Taylor...he is turnign out the biggest flop of the winners when it comes to sales.

Yeah, I didn't see any insult to Clay - but then I haven't seen an insult to Clay so far this year and I noticed others did. When mentioning Daughtry's platinum, they definitely qualified it. I think they said fastest platinum from "last year". They've been nicer to Clay this year than they have in years past.

WOW this guy is really disappointing me...he is also pitchy...

I am pretty disappointement...yeah he lost his unique vibe.

wow these judges are really on the ball with the judgement.

Yeah, I think the judges are right on top of it - fer now anyway. <g>

Oh I never thought they would mention Clay. Didn't see it as an insult to him. I just was surprised not to hear Kelly mentioned and Taylor as much as I don't like him, is the AI winner and has sold more than Kat.

Paul Kim (one of my oldest friend's husband is named Paul Kim!) is pitchy too! Opening night nerves perhaps?

Oooo. That falsetto was brutal!

Edited by Claygasm

Unfortunate song choice - Paul wasn't bad but he wasn't good - played better with the camera - dammit I'm agreeing with Randy. He brought it up a little toward the end - none of these guys are interesting...Lord, I gotta agree with Simon too. George Michael had one of the best pop voices period when he released this - you need to bring it if you're going to pick this.

Playing it safe isn't going to get you through.

oooo who is the alum making a guest appearance...could it be???

heh...

We should be so lucky.

Paul's choking. I think he started too low. Okay getting better on the bridge when it goes higher, but then he really loses it. Boy. Sad.

I think Randy is right on target with his comments.

At least Paula seems sober, even though her hair looks weird. <g>

If I were Simon I would slap both Paula and Randy. They get to say whatever they want - good or bad - without interruption but whatever Simon says they interrupt him.

AI alum with a big announcement? Maybe Clay will be on to announce he's leaving RCA!! <snark>

Maybe its DAUGHTRY!!!!! to announce his song will be the send-them-home song. Not a surprise, but they love DAUGHTRY!!!!

The thing is its easy to say that Kat had a number 2 and Chris had a number one...even whenhe only had it in a time of the eyar that didn;t ahve any big openings...and KAt sold less than Taylor. I don;t know how high Taylor was on the charts... Besides that, I really think they are not happy to work with him.

Chris...kinda cute...but boring personality

omg he is really trying to cash in on his similarity to Justin...blech.

but he is pitchy too...but at least he sounds very current, wow he is really off...yuck

this has been a very weak group so far.

I bet the judges will fawn all over him...