American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Haley has a good voice...just not a good song choice...

and Melinda is starting really good...old school too. the tone of her voic eis really great.

yup they are looking for another jennifer.

good stage presence too...

wow the girls are really whipping the guys butt...too bad that six will be eliminated to bring in the guys...

Is gina the Kelly fan...she was able to handle that song really well...I like the tone of her voice and she handled the glory note pretty well...not as long and powerful as Celines....but she didn't embarrass herself

The guys should be thinking they are in trouble once they get to the top 12!

LaKisha - She is amazing!

She knows how to perform.

She has a great voice.

Tons of power.

She is really, really good!

Damn - there are some great, great women in this competition.

Awesome!

You know, its finding someone like that who is that mad talented and would otherwise never have a chance to make it that is what this show SHOULD be all about.

And the top talented women don't even seem to have an attitude problem.

The women may have save this season's show from being a snoozefest!

WOW...WOW....

She give Jennifer run for her money with that one. Her stage presence was fantastiv.

Tamyra did that in seosn one...and it was no where near that quality.

I agree...4 guys and 8 girls...

wow what a night...I hope it keeps up.

This is going to be another battle of the divas...

stephanie, sabrina, Jordin, Melinda, Gina, LaKisha, ...GAH they were all fantastic

Haley and Nicole..can stay if its top 8 girls

amy, Leslie, Antonella, Alaina...bu bye

Its funny that some relatives of the boys are already psreading the word that the judges comments are scripted and that theyare goign ot be more positive about the girls. They even said the bad thought the boys were better than the girsl...

BWAH...dream on!!! even the worse of the girls should be able to beat half the guys.

my rankings...

Lakisha...that was a really gutsy move. jennifer hudson performance is so hot right now that anything less that super amazing would;ve bombed...and shes lucky she was super amazing. I didn;t even think she was OTT for the setting she is in...just perfect. My only fear is that she peaked too early....but with that kind of voice...I doubt that.

Melinda...I love the tone of her voice and for someone that is so soft spoken and shy she shure knows hoe to perform on stage.

Jordin...I love the fact that she is only 17 and yet she has that much sould and confidence and power...she will only get better. She also looks very cute

Stephanie...she wa fantastic. My fear with her is that she would be overlooked because of the other three women...she has the same style vocally...so she might get lost in the mix

Sabrina...I think she was also fantastic. A bit to "pro" that it was tending on chessy...but lots of potential. She may not get as lost because she was a different look and ethnicity so she won;t be splitting votes too mush...except maybe with gina.

Gina...she has a strong voice but she better not try to be another Diva or else she will get lost in the mix...I think she should try to rock out more if that is her true style

Haley..I like her voice...its very lvoely and has potential...She should be there before any other guys...too bad she is in the cutting point.

Nicole...she had a powerful voice...and may be more memorable if she chooses to sing in a different style than the other women...again...she should be there before any of the guys.

Leslie...not too bad

Antonella...I think she actually has a nice tone but her nerves are goign to get the better of her. Now I know why she made it and not Marisa...they needed more cannon fodder...

Amy...yuck, don;t remember what she did. Oh ICMYLM...very boring and unemotional...buh bye.

Alaina...SUCKS

I think Alaina and Amy should go and may go...

I went out partying instead of watching Idol…..but I do have TiVo.

Sabrina – YES!!

Antonella – well that was disappointing. Just not good.

Shit, ansa and Claygasm, I just can’t take my eyes off of your avatars. Not a bad thing, but I keep getting distracted. <g>

Jordan is only 17??? She looks older and not in a bad way. Go girl! The girls are kicking the guys butts, like you all have said.

This next girl (cannon fodder) just isn’t good. Just…bad. Actually improving a bit as the song goes on. Nicole – that’s her name.

Haylie –not a bad voice, actually, but her phrasing is weird. But she is definitely getting better as she goes on. I like her okay.

Melinda is from MY neck of the woods!! And dang, she’s awesome!!

Alaina – cannon fodder? Not nearly good enough for that song. Not even close. Ya gotta have personality for that song and she ain’t got it. And to top it off, she’s flat.

Gina –Hard song. LOVE her mom getting all choked up on the chorus. And I thought she did very well, up until she was a bit flat on the high note – but then she killed it on the end.

Lakisha – GREAT song choice and fantastically sung. Well done. Great personality. Fantastic!!!! Amazing. Boy butt being kicked all over the stage.

Well, this show should be over. Lakisha. Period. That said, my favorites are Lakisha, Blake, Gina, Melinda, Jordan and, to a lesser extent, Sabrina.

Heh - I had a date last night and while we were waiting to go out, his eye was caught by Jordan in the red room - and when the fact she was 17 came out, he was flabbergasted. He was hoping at least 23 so he wouldn't feel like such a perv...he thought she was seriously hot and talented. The next one - he was impressed by her audition - and was horrified by her song choice.

We went out to dinner after that and so I missed the rest, but it does sound like girls rule this year.

Looking at stuff I missed last night - so Simon said he was seriously tempted to tell 23 people to pack their bags and go home - I assumethat was after Lakisha. What a snot.

They showed the two worst woman first. Then htye showed Melinda and Lakisha - they news people felt that Lakisha was just not as good as Jenniffer and that Melinda appears to have a more versitile voice.,

So much for the no nothing news people andConstatine.

What a bad thing for Ryan to do...they fooled antonella into thinking she was goign...I didn;t think she was...too pretty to go first.

I totally agree with Amy and Paul out first...

awww Melinda was crying...she has such a soft heart...

OMG...Phil is taking out the patriotic card...

Pitchy...I hate when that happens...first line and they are all over the palce...

but I like the song choice...but this is so karaoke....nothing really outstanding...

ouch that glory note was painful....