American Idol 6

Ansamcw

This girl is seriously old school - and twenty times better than any of the guys yesterday.

As for Simon, I only hate him when it comes to Clay - because in general I agree with a lot of what he says. But frankly he encourages any attitude toward himself, and isn't quite the arbiter of all that is good in music - especially in genres he doesn't care for. He also is a little too derivative and seems to have problems with real originality.

Another Clay song????

What is wrong with these people??

Of course, unless they saw the JBT they don't know Clay sung this......

I don't think either Clay or Bonnie Raitt need to feel threatened by her.

A bit pitchy, a bit draggy (is that a word?). Her voice sounds a bit thin. Its ok, not anything really memorable to me.

Edited by Claygasm

Is it just me or is Amy doing the most emotional flat version of ICMYLM I've ever heard? And she's somehow managed to limit the range. But she still better than most of the guys. But a real come down from the first girl.

Yeah, draggy is the perfect word for it.

I knew I remembered Kelly Clarkson singing Natural Woman (which I always think of as a Carol King song) in season 1 - and I also remember her knocking it out of the park!

I didn't remember some weird fan jumping up on the stage to give her flowers right before she finished it though.

If you want to see it you can here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DzHcAs8mMY

Sabrina - I had a guniea pig named Sabrina once....

She is good! Very bluesy. Very powerful voice.

I liked her.

The guys are fading fast!

Antonella - Starting off a bit shaky...

She has a nice voice, but nothing that knocks my socks off.

Its tough following someone amazing too.

She just wasn't memorable.

oh yeah you can tell how nervous she was. I think they gave her good advice. she needs to sing cute light songs that she can have fun with. I doubt she goes this week though. I think Amy ANd leskie are bigger Cannon fodders.

Eeeeeeeeeee!

They just did a promo for the Mike and Juliet show with CLAY!!! He was announced as multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken!

This chick is a local girl. They keep talking about her on our local Fox news.

Don't really like the song. She has a powerful voice but it lacks something to me. Not sure what.

You know - anyone of these contestants who have watched AI through the years MUST know how important song choice is. Yet so many year after year just keep making bad song choices!

I can't sing worth a damn. Is it that hard to pick the right song??