American Idol 6

Ansamcw

I was worried that he would choose a boring song...and of course he did...

a little pitchy but he has a strong voice...but yeah it was boring.

I don't know where to put this guy...

Wow simon...you just got a lot of votes for this guy..just be mean and he can smile and be a good sport and you will get him through once again...

OMG....I jsut noticed the time...this is a TWO HOUR show???

5 hours of Idol??? and of course Ryan says exactly the same thing...

Ok Chris has a good voice and strong...but a bit nasal...

good personality...I think he is the front runner so far...

Finally - Chris is providing a little charisma with some nice vocals - he's interesting! Unhappily for him, I'm really shallow and he's not there for me physically - but I like him best so far. Way, way, way ahead of everyone else.

I have to say I kind of agree with Simon. I mean, Chris is fun and entertaining and does have charisma, but I just found his voice to be rather meh!

Just ok.

And I repeat - why can Randy be negative and get away with it but Simon makes an honest comment and gets lambasted?

Edited by Claygasm

What's really sad is that I know that I won't remember what they sang as soon as the show is over - or actually, I don't remember them now.

He wasn't as meh to me because the nerves weren't as much in evidence with everyone else. Just him and Blake so far I might be willing to listen to again...the guys do seem excessively weak this year...

What's really sad is that I know that I won't remember what they sang as soon as the show is over - or actually, I don't remember them now.

Yep, I with you there.

Can I just say that I'm highly distracted by the avatars of Clay? Particularly claygasm's and ansa's?? <g> I keep getting hung up on them. Can't.....look.....away.......

OMG...grow up guys...wow that was really uncomfortable

ohhh...chris you weren;t witty in that...you can get back on Simon without being snipy, CLay was great in doing that and of course he just got back with a really bad insult and you can tell Chris got kinda hurt...so for zingers I think Simon won that one.

yikes...be funny Chris...don;t be snide.

hope he does not lose votes for that.

The thing is...Ryan was in the wrong there. Simon was still talking and he was very disresepctful...

I agree with simon on this.

OK about Chris'

OK...I jsut wish they would outlaw the wagging fingers move...

I like the voice of this guy...its strong and smooth..hasn;t been very pitchy so far...oops I typed too soon...

oh wow...the note after the falsetto...yikes...

yup I agree with Simopn...no one is making me sit up and take ntoice...except Blake actually. I think I like his tone the best. Chris was just slightly nasal for me.

Now at least this one is a little entertaining - AJ - and I am glad he at least looks like he's enjoying himself - sounds different than Luther - gave it a younger vibe -

The vocals are still a little weak.

AJ - He's not bad! At least he's fun to watch.

Got to root for a guy who has tried out for Idol 5 times!

5 times? I guess I look at it the opposite way - he wasn't good enough before, what makes him good enough this time? Or is the rest of the field just not good enough??

I think I liked this next guy (phil) when he was in Hollywood......

Oh, was he was one of the cannon fodder ones? Well, I think it was a better song choice than Simon made out - it does stand out against the overwhelmingly bland ballads...

Cannon fodder? What do you mean??

Dude, never EVER do a Clay song. Because I'm nearly guaranteed to frown upon you. <g>

He did all right once he got past the opening, the quiet part. He even did Clay's hand move.

And Randy and Paula echoed my shakey early part comment. He may have been in the top three of the night, but I'm not sure he was number one.

5 times? I guess I look at it the opposite way - he wasn't good enough before, what makes him good enough this time? Or is the rest of the field just not good enough??

Sometimes because of the sheer numbers really good ones fall through the cracks. Look at Quiana. She made it to Hollywood and that was it and she was certainly more talented than most of the girls in top 32 much less the top 12.

Sorry Phil. This is Clay's song!

He's not bad, pretty good actually, but I LOVED Clay's version of it during AI.

Edited by Claygasm

Distracted by the phone, guess I didn't miss anything - I doubt there is much competition for Blake - as for Chris, if he can pull off humor, that always makes a man more attractive.

Don't they all soound much better once they get to the big stage?

Edited by playbiller

they seem to choose forgettable ones that will be fillers...

OMG...he is singing a Clay song...started badly.

he came on well in the end.

at least he sang it more differently than Clay...Clay sang it with a very cool vibe..

oh god...don;t try to eyef*ck...

yeah in the end he pulled it off but still that was not really great beginning.

Sometimes because of the sheer numbers really good ones fall through the cracks. Look at Quiana. She made it to Hollywood and that was it and she was certainly more talented than most of the girls in top 32 much less the top 12.

Yeah, but Quiana didn't come back five times. Clay too - he got rejected and went to Atlanta. But *5* times? That's alot.