American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Paula's feisty tonight. And Simon's running out of "That was like some ghastly..." metaphors.

I can't tell if Sanjaya will get the John Stevens pity votes for being such a nice young man, or if he will go out earlier like David and Will from last year. The kid really doesn't have the chops and the confidence to do very well.

Now, this is good. He's showing them how you can do a ballad WITHOUT BEING FREAKIN' DEAD. I think Chris is gonna be the make over story.

Taylor did this last year? Well, apparently I didn't like then, I certainly don't remember it...but I liked this.

He sounds almost exactly like the original artist (whose name just went out of my head).

He's not bad and if I had never heard the original of this I would say he's really good.

But it's so like the original I would use Simon's previous comment - very, very good karaoke.

Has anyone here heard Guarini's "Stranger Things Have Happened "? He has mastered jazz singing on this. With an amazing combo. It's one of my favorite CD's to listen to.

I think I heard a bit of it...not really a big jazz fan but what I heard sounded good.

I do hope chris impresses me tonight...I want to cheer for at least one guy...his hair irritates...

didn;t Taylor sing this last year...he is doing a better job at least

ok...I can hear the good tone this time...good stage presence...ok lost it in the last glory note...but it was good.

OMG, I thought Ryan said "Nick breaks into Beaver after the break", and I thought that couldn't be right. Oh, wait, "Fever" - that makes more sense.

Try to remember the original artist - I want this.

Trouble by Ray LaMontagne. I just pulled it out of my CD rack to take to work with me tomorrow.

Ray LaMontagna...I think he is also a favorite of Kelly...I think she sang one of his songs.

Well so far Chris is front runner tonight...followed by AJ.

If you would be karaoke...at least be good karaoke...

OMG, I thought Ryan said "Nick breaks into Beaver after the break", and I thought that couldn't be right. Oh, wait, "Fever" - that makes more sense.

Trouble by Ray LaMontagne. I just pulled it out of my CD rack to take to work with me tomorrow.

I am glad you aren't as senile as I am!

I love that album too.

I actually first heard Ray LaMontagne on Promosquad and that was enough for me to buy the CD.