American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Sanjaya wanted a mohawk to look edgy and they did it with 7 pony tails. Hey - say what you will about him, this show would be mostly a snoozefest without him. I think he works the camera best and connectsto the audience, he just doesn't concentrate on his singing enough.

Melinda - sounded great - but her invisible neck made me wonder if she has a from of scoleosis - she sings bent over, I am amazed she can sing that way because her lungs must be somewhat compressed.

Blake was ok meh - I was glad to see he left the robot moves home. Didn't Robin Williams used to do the robot on Mork and Mindy.

Edited by playbiller

I missed Melinda! Her voice s wonderful and she's very polished, but to be hnest, she's beginning to bore me.

I really liked Jordin. She did seem much younger today and her vocals are really good. I like her better each week.

Jordan definitely showed the recording artist she could be - she could fit in right away and she has that giggly appeal of a youngster that some older rockers ahem have lost

If Chris R got a cold he could not sing - nothing would come through his nose

They should rename that song from "don't speak" to "don't sing".

Edited by playbiller

See, here I disagree with you, Sanjaya is really the only reasonto watch this show at this point - he is having such a good time where everyone else is running scared - I guess he has heard how people dont like him, so he goes all out each time.

Without Sanjaya - this would be a very boring show.

Edited by playbiller

I was off watchign my little girl sing on stage tonight. She did a duet and the only ones who sang consistnetly on pitch with a lovely tone...YAY

anyway...will watch AI during west coast feed.

but I saw Chris R...yuck and caught the review and yes Sanjaya looke d ridiculous...but I love that he did that.

The little bit I saw of Blake was BAAAD...and boring...

Why did Melinda and Lakisha choose such old songs...

Jordin looked good...

Hayley looked pretty

Phil sounded karaoke

Chris S sounded bad...

GIna was ok...

this was all from the small snipets...will come back later after I watch

Ok watchin it on real time...

I liked Lakisha and her choice...tonight. I think her problem is her personality does not really shine.

Chris attempt at humor kinda feels forced...

I find Gwen really, really pretty...and giving really good comment

OH GAH...Chris S..that really sound bad...he has too much vibrato and bad phrasing...his performance seems awkward. That was a mess...The thing is that song is supposed to be fun and yeah he was dragging it...its like he can't keep up. Even his vocals was not good.

Gina...yeah she was good tonight..perfect song choice...I loved how she gave texture to her voice. I loved her outfit. Yeah I agree with paula...she wasright on with the emotion.

OMG...that first shot of Sanjaya...was hilarious.

Sanjaya...I agree playbiller that was fun...I also agree with Paula and Randy...he really does have a good voice if he can just totally comitt to the song vocally...the way he did last week then the strength of his vocals will come out.

Haley...she is starting kind a good and then strats getting pitchy...but she knows her legs are an asset and she will display it...yup and please just stick to the melody...this is one of the most haunting songs and that didn't work for me.

WOW phil is doing good I think...its pretty much karaoke but good karaoke...I think I am liking his vocals than most of the other guys...specially tonight

AHHH...I love melinda...I love how much personality she shows when she sings. She can do uptempo well and she is jsut fantastic...Randy explained it really well...she did make that song and the lyrics come alive

Blake...ok I read that he is actually doing the arrangement of 311 for this song...his vocals are not bad...oops I spoke to soon...no it wasn't bad. It wasn't strong either...just ok. See he wasn;t original...I do agree he is the strongest guy so far...that is not saying too much really.

Jordin...I wish they took it a key higher... she had a bit of pitch problem..but she was cute and I think that performance worked for me. that skirt though made her look wider.

Chris R...I saw him already...and he may have done some good change ups there. but his voice still bugs me and he was pretty pitchy. I alos think he sang that with more committment and passion. his only problem is the nasally voice and a bit pitchy.

My rankings:

Gina

Jordin

Melinda

Lakisha

Phil

Haley

Sanjaya

Blake

Chris R

CHris S.

bottom 3

Chris S

Haley

Phil

Hello-ello-ello-llo-llo-o-o-o-

Well, considering that peopel are Sanjaya bashing all over the media - Idol uses him for most of their punch lines, but in a more good natured way. This year sucks so much, I can't believe taht I may stop watching when they get rid of him!

Oh well, the intial comments were edited all out of order for what reason?

Hmm INteresting Phil in the bottom 3 after being so high last week and Haley - no surprise she really did nothing yesterday.

Ah - Gwen Stephani is wearing Minnie Mouse shoes - black tights with huge clunky white shoes, heh. She is just missingthe big bow on them and the big white gloves!

Edited by playbiller

Although I didn't think the judges were too bad on Sanjaya last night...I think you are right about him being the media's whipping boy. I don;t usually watch the entertainment shows anymore...but I caught ET tonight...and that host was really very mean about him...they said the got 88% people saying why is he still there he was horrible.

I really didn;t think he was that bad...I totally enjoyed him. Right now he just needs to just project more and be more confident in his vocals.

Oh I love Gwen stefani on this. Wow when you are a world class popstar...you have more money to promote and have a full production...with dancers and all that musicians.

too cool...and gosh she is pretty

YAY ...this is my bottom three I think...can;t remember what I wrote now...but I agree with this.

I really think Chris should go...

YESSSS

I know Chris has a good voice...but he can;t handle this kind of big stage. His singing hasn;t been good...he does not have enough energy on stage. I think he is really more a frontman for a band, singing his own songs.

I hope he got enough exposure to get his own music out there. Good Luck Chris.

I like that sing out. He was sweet giving all of them a hug.

Blake - Mack the Knife??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That was one of my top 3 Clay AI performances. NO ONE can do it like Clay!!! No one!!

They'll probably love it but I am finding BORING!!!! And no glory note at the end.

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!!!

Think I'll go watch Clay's performance to se ehow it should be done!

Hee, in my opinion anyone that likes Blake or Chris R don't care much about vocal talent either.

No tomatos - just an opinion.

It's weird - that someone who doesn't care about vocal talent (me) would love both Blake and Clay. Funny how that subjective shit works.

Blake - Mack the Knife??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That was one of my top 3 Clay AI performances. NO ONE can do it like Clay!!! No one!!

They'll probably love it but I am finding BORING!!!! And no glory note at the end.

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!!!

Think I'll go watch Clay's performance to se ehow it should be done!

Frankly, comparing Blake and Clay is as ridiculous as comparing Ruben and Clay. Why?

As for Blake's - I thought he did a fabulous job, but then I'm known for having no taste.

Just watched Clay's Mack the Knife. Even Simon said it was "brilliant"! No 7 out of 10 - just "Briliant"!

LOVED that performance!

So they got Kelly to perform at their Idol Gives Back. Good for her! I kind of wish Clay would participate because it would so fit him - and any time I can see Clay on my tv is good for me.

Especially if he turned up looking as hot as he did at the Gala...... :hubbahubba:

Phil - Boring. It was ok - just rather blah.

ETA: Aw HeidiHo! You have as much taste as any of us! I agree comparing Blake and Clay is ridiculous. Apples and oranges. I just so loved Clay's performance it kind of colors any other performance. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by Claygasm

Man, I'm shallow - I really just can not stand Phil's looks.

blows kisses at Heidi...

Blake is just so..so so to me. But that's one of the things about covers - I do compare to others that have sung and and hell, I still like Bobby Darin's bestest of all, thought Clay's was just OK, and just didn't like Blake's.

And Paula is insane.

Again.

And am bored with Melinda. She's good, don't get me wrong...but she has yet to bring anything new to the table.

And Simon was right, it was very cabaret - cabaret singers can be very, very good - but I have a limited taste for them.

I missed blakes Mack the kinfe ...will catch it later...

I didn;t mind Phil...I thought his voice was good. Don;t get where the disconnected came from...

but I will agree with Kandre...he really looks a bit creepy to me..relaly saw the mosferatu comparison tonight...

I thought Melinda was great...but I think that is why she is getting boring...there is nothing to discuss about her but another good competent perfromance...

But she's not selling it to me. Honestly, for me, every performance of hers has been fairly interchangeable. The only one who has inspired me this year to download anything new was Jordin and "I Who Have Nothing". I saw a You Tube of Shirley Bassey - and she's what Melinda wants to be. Jordin's take was very different and she brought something new to the take.

But she's not selling it to me. Honestly, for me, every performance of hers has been fairly interchangeable. The only one who has inspired me this year to download anything new was Jordin and "I Who Have Nothing". I saw a You Tube of Shirley Bassey - and she's what Melinda wants to be. Jordin's take was very different and she brought something new to the take.

I think she may have peaked too early because I understand what you're saying. I just am not getting excited about it anymore. I'm not really sure why.

Chris R. I used to find him skeevy for some odd reason - probably because I don't like JT. You know, he's not horrible, really, he's just JT. There's nothing wrong with him and he has a decent voice - it's just the JT comparison is too much.

Well, if you're talking downloadable performances - for me there have been none this year!

I get what you're saying about Melinda. Maybe she's boring in her consistency!

Chris - He's still a bit pitchy, but this is by far my favorite performance of his so far! By a long shot!!

Edited by Claygasm