American Idol 6

Ansamcw

I thought Sanjaya was really entertaining tonight. I haven't seen many shows but I've read this thread and the CH thread, and I know he's supposed to be horrible, but I enjoyed that. I'm watching cause it's British Invasion night and I love these songs, and Peter Noone and Lulu. Besides Sanjaya, I thought Jordin was fantastic. (I caught her number last week too--she's really good.) That's about it. I mean, there were others that were good, but no one is blowing me away. Melinda hasn't sung yet though.

Edited by jmh123

Clay can sing while walking through a crown and still keep the mood and the key - not everyone can do that - -I need a siggie - Clay is my gold standard!

Shesh - I think of this as a broadway song, not a british invasion song - cheat.

Edited by playbiller

Melinda - OMG! We sang this song in chorale! Isn't it from "Oliver"??

Should be a good song for her.

(There is crying girl again!)

She sounds amazing. Perfect song for her. She would be amazing on Broadway - and I mean that as a compliment.

ETA: But it was a British musical, play!

Edited by Claygasm

OK...Another song that I loved...I just loved oliver ...

lets see how she does...

her vocals are good and the emotions are great..but not as excited as I thought I would be. I think I found her phrasings a bit awkward.

but she is always very good...

SHe not only sounded good, I did not recognize the arrangement!

ETA - the term British invasion does not refer to everything, but to a particualr group of sounds - this was not among them!

I would have to agree with Play on this one...yeah its is an british play but I didn't think it fit in with the British Invasion sound.

Wow these clips they are showing in the end are not as good as the show...

What is up with Simon...he seem to be really pissed about something.

I think this show was overall better than last week. This is whats good when the theme is a whole era...they have so many different sounds to choose from

This week...I think my favorite was Jordin. She was the one that moved me the most.

Jordin

Melinda

Haley

Lakisha

Gina

Chris s

blake

stephanie

phil

chris R

Sanjaya

ok guess I should give my overall comments.

Jordin...I just love performance, the emotion was just right...her vocals was spot on and she actually didn;t do a karaoke version...she was beautiful...

Melinda...It actually lacked heart for me...her vocals was great and stage presence was just right but somethign with her phrasing made the whoel thing awkward for me.

Haley...I really enjoyed her performance...she had just the right vocals...the perfect song choice and she looked beautiful. The biggest problem for me was she lost a bit of steam in the end...

Lakisha...I think it was the wrong song for her. She didn't seem really into it. Her vocals was there of course but it lacked fire...awesome voice still

Gina...The vocals may not be perfect but I thoguth it was a good rock performance for her

Chris S...I want to like him...but his goign through the audience was really anemic...Paula was right he wasn't really interacting with them. His vocal quality also suffered cos he seemed breathless

Blake...I liked the way he added the beatbox..didn;t need it, but he did it the right way this time. BUT his vocals was soo weak that it was boring in the middle of the song. That song needed a cool smooth voice to carry off the funky beat but his voice is really thin and not good enough

Stephanie ...I actually felt she was so stiff, nervous and had some pitchy moments...she really disappointed me

Phil...I really didn;t mind him but he does tend to get lost in the shuffle

Chris R....this is actually my favorite performance of his...but the tone of his voice is just yucky to me...I so want Clay to sing that song with that arrangement

Sanjaya...yup it proabbly was his best performance...but he was so out of tune in a lot fo parts it was painfull..the best parts were when he was screaming and thats not good...

I do think Phil is in danger ...along with Stephanie and maybe sanjaya will keep them company but I think he will survive another week.

My favorites from last night were Hayley, Melinda and Blake - not in that order. I think Melinda is just miles above the rest. Lakesha normally is as well, but last night wasn't a good night for her.

I totally disagree that Blake has weak vocals this week. I have to go with Dean Baneowitz and say that Sanjaya will stick around just because he hugged the girl. He doesn't seem to care much for Chris S. but he seems to like the rest. He DID say that he thought Sanjaya would have a Mohawk *next* week - but he might have been joking. Am I the only one who thinks Phil looks like a cancer patient? I'm sorry - but I can't get past that look.

My favorites are Melinda, Lakesha, Jordan, Blake and Gina - although I don't think that Lakesha or Gina had good night last night, but for very different reasons.

Sanjaya should go home but won't. I wish to God it was Chris R going home because he totally skeeves me out and I'm not quite sure why.

Oh gosh peter noone is all cheesy fun...I love this song...

hee...he is funny!!!

husssshhhhh

I was thinking that he's held up really well - he's gotta be getting up there. His eyes are amazing and he seems happy.

God, could I get my wish re: Chris R?

I was thinking that he's held up really well - he's gotta be getting up there. His eyes are amazing and he seems happy.

God, could I get my wish re: Chris R?

I bet its Stephanie.

This is weird though not saying who the third bottom three is. Its kinda tough for the fans to try to save that person if they don;t know who was the other one in the bottom...this may be their way of gettign Sanjaya out.

I checked out "Vote for the worst" and it is Sanjaya. He's a cute kid, but does he have that many fans? And can VFTW really skew the votes? I'm all questions today. When I was out of the room, my son said he saw a sign in he audience saying, Clay Aiken hurt me. This sounds really strange. Can anyone solve this mystery for me. Thanks. :huh:

I checked out "Vote for the worst" and it is Sanjaya. He's a cute kid, but does he have that many fans? And can VFTW really skew the votes? I'm all questions today. When I was out of the room, my son said he saw a sign in he audience saying, Clay Aiken hurt me. This sounds really strange. Can anyone solve this mystery for me. Thanks. :huh:

the sign was held by the cast of "till death " with Brad garrett...i suspect it is just their way to get more attention for their show and I think they just looked for the most buzzworthy former AI contestant and thoguht saying hurt me would be funny. I suspect the joke is...Clay is seither such a nice guy or such a wimp that he woudln;t hurt anybody...its really up to whatever interpretation you can give it.

I do think Sanjaya is like by a lot of tweenies cos he seem cute and sweet. and those tweenies can vote a lot...

and they usually don;t care to much about vocal talent... but they are a good demographic to target cos they can buy lots of CDs or concert tickets.

Gina - in a pastel dominatrix lyra thingy - with black high heeled boots - of course - did not likethe song. She did it well, but I really did not like that song for some reason.

Sanjaya - singing Bathwater - does not sing well, but he does not fail to entertain - how boringthis show would be without him.

Ah, Simon really wants him off - he didn't even insult him!

Haley sang True Colors - I feel this is a kiss of death song - thisis like sung by Sandy in Grease - she really tried out for the wrong show.

Phil's eye make up is off - really off. He is singing OK so far, but it is kareoke version of the song. - nope, he went off and did his own thing, I pefer the kareoke.

Edited by playbiller

Got home late at work so I haven't read other comments.

Quickly - what do most of the songs have to do with Gwen Stefani?

Secondly....

Lakisha - Very good but Ihated the dress

Chris S. - Judges were right, he was off the beat and as usual for me, a snooze fest.

Gina - Very good. The best she's been.

Sanjaya - OMG!! That is all.......

Hayley - She's a drable but boring

Phil - Good I guess, but it did sound like karaoke Sting/Police. Nothing original. The hat is bugging me. He is always better on the chorus than the verses.

Did I miss anyone??? If I did, I guess that tells a lot about their performance!