American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Ranking....

Melinda...she gave me goose bumps..and teared up a bit.

Lakesha...great vocals but seemed restrained.

Jordin...It was good but a bit pitchy

Gina...great songs chocie...a bit dead

Stephanie...lacked some oopmh

Phil ...the one that had the most passion among the guys...but still pretty pitchy and strained

Chris S....good vocals...but atrocious arrangement...totally didn;t understand the song

Blake...good arrangement...but lousy vocals

Haley...seemed too nervous but looked good

Brandon...boring and bad vocals

Chris R...exctiing but excruciating vocals

Sanjaya...you really should go home...

I would say about 9 of them should go this week. I am really not caring this is truning into season 3 for me.

Maybe it is not like star treks (even numbered movies are good) - so every 3rd year AI really sucks

Edited by playbiller

I just want to state for the record that while there was a huge power vaccuum while Sanjaya was singing, he was on key and did not forget the words like some - just saying, that I dont think that he was the worst last night - that might have been - say Bleak or timberfake or Haley the song whisperer or Brandon the bland or ......

Edited by playbiller

Dean Baneowitz is on my radio station every wednesday morning. This morning the main topic was Sanjaya's hair and he wanted everyone to be REALLY clear that what sanjaya wants for his hair is what he gets - and he's the one that wanted that. He said that the kid just has to change his hair all the time and that it's partly to freak his mom out. He also claimed that he was pretty sure that Sanjaya was safe. Gut feeling, he said. The DJs said that the heard some of the kids were "arrogant" this year and they asked who. They asked if Blake was, and Dean said Blake wasn't at all and he was very nice. He volunteered that Chris Sligh was very "confident" - which I like, since it is not perjorative like "arrogant" is. He didn't say it like it was a bad thing.

He thought that either Brandon or Stephanie would go, but he claimed to not have any real inside track on that.

I also got the feeling today that Dean had set some prior ground rules on who and what he would discuss on the air. I can't remember why I had that feeling, but it was pretty clear at the time. <g>

ETA: I forgot - during the "arrogant" conversation, Constantine's name was brought up by Dean. <g> The DJs said "yeah, you can see that one". <g>

YEah there really were too many that sucked. I am not srurpised that Sanjaya is still there...I think he will go once the mediocre people are gone. The teenies and VFTW people are just too determined to keep him in.

They were not doing it as a cohesive group...

and did you all notice they gave the girls two songs to sing and the guys just one.

Melinda thoguh has a ahrd time sounding pop, but I love her.

kinda cute commercial.

Phil in the bottom three - he looks like a vampire again tonight. Chris S. safe.

Now either Hayley or Sanjaya in the bottom three - can we hope for Sanjaya?? Could we be so lucky??

I like Gina's hair and I lurve Blake - I guess I don't fit in here. <g> Not that that's ever stopped me before.

Well DIal on Idol had him as one of the top three with Lakesha and Melinda...so I doubt it. I think its Haley in the bottom...

I think Brandon is out.

You talking to me?? About Sanjaya?? Yeah, either Brandon or Phil I'm thinking.

Diana is pitchy. <g> But yeah, she knows how to work the stage and make an entrance.

WOW DialonIdol was wrong...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

will Sanjaya go....stay tuned....

oh well...Brandon was pretty bad this week and has always been boring..I actually didn't expect him to be in the finals.

Brandon is going home, but there is HOPE we may get rid of Sanjaya next week. That's all I need. I do wish we could get rid of Timberfake (tm Playbiller) though. I can't explain it.

I don't think I agree, Playbiller - they call it the bottom three and on more than one occassion they've used "bottom three vote getters" - in past seasons that is. But they do call it the bottom three. With all the accusations of manipulation they've had in the past, I think they would be more careful.

God, Ryan, can you be more of a tool?? Putting your high class guest on the spot like that. Geez.

You know that I really notice that a lot...Ryan does not know how to handle really top Celebrities. He tries to make himself look classy with the suits but always shows his true self in his questions. I hated him on the red carpet on the Oscars for example...really awkward questions.