American Idol 6

Ansamcw

Ditto. Its like a different show when its the girls.

The boys are going to be in trouble when they start competing head to head.

Wasn't Jordin's best, she was a bit shrieky at times, but so far ahead of the strongest guy she just left them all in the dust.

Atonella - Weak, especially compared to the other two, Pitchy in parts. She always looks uncomfortable up there to me. Rather boring. IMO she should have been gone week one, and I hope she's gone this week.

Kudos to Simon saying she has handled all the crap well, but I agree with his assessment of her singing.

Edited by Claygasm

Hayley = Not the best of the girls by a long shot but so much better than any of the guys. Can they just not take as many guys as girls? Just kick off Antonella, take 7 girls and only 5 guys - and that would be generous to the guys!

But since they can't, she should go bye-bye.

Stephanie - She is a shoo-in for the top 12. This wasn't her best, IMO, but maybe its because I wasn't crazy about the song. A bit pitchy in parts, but her voice is very strong and she has been so good over the last couple of weeks, she should be safe.

Edited by Claygasm

I agree antonella is the weakest female singer...and she does not deserve to be in the top 6 girls....

But I definitely think she deserves to be in the top 12 more than most of the guys. She does have a good voice and she has good range. What she lack is real confidence and good stage presence.

Haley... she was shrieky...I think she is actually in the same level with Antonella.

The two of them should be the one going home.

What I can see will be the problem in the finals...too many similar styles. I really think they would have a better variety if Antonella stayed...but I like the others more than her except Haley.

In the end...I wouldn't be surprised if the girls split peoples votes and I guy end up winning this thing.

I really expect a diva's moment again this year. This is just too much of a set up too many alike, too many bad but "cute" (to some) guys.

SO, next week is when they get the styling advice?

I don't understandthe big deal about the top 12, unless they sent them on tour. This is just a sex isolated version of the top 12, it is not different enough.

Lakisha's hair looks like Sanjaya's did last night!

She not only has a great voice, but she seems like such a seasoned performer. She's a can't miss.

And Simon is right = she looks beautiful tonight.

Edited by Claygasm

Ok this is what I like about this performance...I know this song has been doen to death in this show but usually when people do it they forget about the quiet moments cos they are just getting ready for the huge notes. With Lakesha she gave as much passion and care in the verses as the chorus. I also like the fact that she didn;t go over the top with the vocals...It wasn't manic, she was in control.

I also love her personality...She really should be in the final 3 or 4...

The girls are making me want to tune in next week. If they were on par with the guys, I think I would tune out.

And Ansa, I totally agree about her performance. She seems to understand the nuances of the song that most seem to forget.

Gina - A bit too much screaming for my taste, but she has a good voice and she's very energetic. I think she would be a good balance in style to the other women and she's heads and tails above Antonella and Hayley. She could be very interesting to watch.

Any guesses as to the important ground breaking event that will be announced tomorrow?

Probably that song writing thing.

Sabrina?? I thought she was okay – but I thought pitchy in quite a few spots. Maybe she’s better live.

Antonella – extremely beautiful. Great outfit. But MAN does she suck as a singer. I think she probably has a real attitude that makes her ugly – the commentary last week points to that. I’m afraid that her pretty face and great body will for her much the same way the teenybop boy factor will work for Sanjaya. Ick. I don’t know how she’s made it as far as she has.

SO, next week is when they get the styling advice?

They are getting their hair done, but I don’t think Michael O is there yet in a huge way until next week. He’s interviewed on the radio here every Wednesday – I missed him yesterday but I did hear the DJs say that he said that Sanjaya “insisted” on having his hair done that way. Although – Michael did say that he was in charge once the live shows start and that was last night so maybe he was there and in charge.

Haley – she didn’t do too bad, really. Not as good as many of the others. But Simon is right – I can’t remember her name either and that’s a bad thing.

LOVE Stephanie’s dress – what a classy woman. Lower register isn’t that good, but the rest of it is good. Okay – she really lost it at the end of the song. Badly. Bummer. Can you tell I’m watching on TIVO??? <g>

I think the judges are on crack with regard to Stephanie, anyway.

I think they need Gina in this competition to have a bit more variety.

Simon is right...the biggest fear is that the usual AI voters won;t get into the song choice.

Gina - A bit too much screaming for my taste, but she has a good voice and she's very energetic. I think she would be a good balance in style to the other women and she's heads and tails above Antonella and Hayley. She could be very interesting to watch.

I think she is why they are so hard on Antonella...cos I think its a chocie between thsoe two and Gina is a better choice IMO.

Lakesha - great song choice because I don't think many were expecting it - she seems to go more bluesy than whitney. I think she did great and she looks great.

Gina - I really like her and I'm not sure why. I like the punk rocker chick and I think she has a really good voice although it may not be consistent. I think she was better than Stephanie tonight - although her last note was bad too. I think she got tired out.

Melinda - Wow again this week!! I think this competition may come down to Melinda and Lakisha with Melinda winning. Unless she and Lakisha cancel each other out.

If there is any justice, Antonella and Hayley will go home. All the others deserve to be there.

Edited by Claygasm

I really love Melinda...but she started out not as good this week.

But her stage presence is really great...and she did give her all to that song.

I think I will put her and Lakesha at the same level on stage presentation but I think Lakesha has an edge on vocals.

Melinda is seriously good - that quick swipe at JHud was totally unnecessary Simon.

They need to get rid of Antonella (delusional as Carmen in the day), then it's between Haley and Stephanie. I really didn't like Haley's song choice, though she sung better than Stephanie.