# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

I know Clay is really going to see MY comment in his blog even though it is

Blogging confession: I confess. I edited my blog on OFC to be on the list with Clay Aiken. :ninja:

:whistling-1:

BWAH!!! Welcome Aspiegirl! (and anyone else I might have missed welcoming--let's see, jamar1700, oldnaiken, Sally, Maddy, how'm I doing??) :RedGuy::RedGuy::RedGuy:

Edited by jmh123

DO IT DO IT DO IT. Lord we need all the enablers in the house to help me work on her.

*puts on Enablers-R-Us beanie*

Seriously. Why the heck not?Life is too short!You know you wanna!You know you won't regret it.But can you say for a FACT that you wouldn't regret NOT doing it?Huh?Huh? Can you?

:RedGuy:

How'm I doin?

---

My day today was at turns frantic, frustrating and hysterically funny.

Bottom line...everybody made it through.

Nobody died.

:allgood:

---

eta : HEY! Her tomato is bigger than mine! *pouts*

Edited by jamar1700

YSRN :lol:

(tomato envy is not a pretty thing)

Hey, I just realized that in the first 6 months of this year Clay has visited 4 out of 7 continents...and if you count his earlier trip to Africa, he's only missing Australia and Antarctica to complete the seven (Shut Up! So what if I am a bigger geek than he is!)

I figure he'll never try for Antarctica (no MickyDs and they don't make enough t-shirts on earth to keep him warm) but I could see him trottin' over to Australia just to say he was there. You can't tell me that Mr. 'Hey, look at my pretty passport stamps!' hasn't noticed that he's set foot on almost every continent on earth.

Ok, I'll shut up now. I think I need sleep...this should help > :all_coholic:

:backtotopic:

I think he's been to Australia---don't remember when, but I remember the suit he was wearing. Brown, with a thin stripe. He flew over with Rupert Mudoch. Ruben too???? 2003 or 2004??? Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers this. There was a newspaper photo, or wire service??

Ah, thank you ldyjocelyn for finding that!! No Australia. That we know of.

Edited by jmh123

I think he's been to Australia---don't remember when, but I remember the suit he was wearing. Brown, with a thin stripe. He flew over with Rupert Mudoch. Ruben too???? 2003 or 2004??? Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers this. There was a newspaper photo, or wire service??

Close, but no cigar. I remembered it too...but he and Ruben attended an Australian-American Association dinner in NYC in September 2003. Here's the picture you're remembering:

2003dinner9.jpg

Close, but no cigar. I remembered it too...but he and Ruben attended an Australian-American Association dinner in NYC in September 2003. Here's the picture you're remembering:

bwah ldyjocelyn! I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who references Clay events by what he was wearing - the suit, the tie, the hair.

Let's see who's here - pop quiz - ready?

Color of Clay's tie when he sang at the Atlanta charity event attended by Rosalyn Carter? Suit?

I know - this is an easy one :)

eta ding ding ding! we have a winner - great job jmh123! :clap:I just love this fandom

Here ya go!

Clay_-_mrs_carter_-_zoom.jpg

Edited by PuddinsJoy

Sooo..what does it mean that I went to Southwest.com to see about roundtrip flights Denver-Las Vegas for the skating gig only to find out they're not even taking reservations that far in advance? :unsure::blush: I mean....really.

I'm flying to Denver Monday, Nov. 5. Soooo.....I mean, how long could it take between those two cities, right? I could like sorta just get a quick flight in the afternoon....see the show....maybe there's a late flight that same night...and I could even mislead my coworkers---just tell them I'm having dinner with some Denver friends.

Shit. My luck the plane would get stranded somewhere---hijacked on the Vegas tarmac just before take off by some nutcase who lost his life savings at the blackjack table and wants to take everybody with him on his way to ruin. That would look good to my boss, huh? Held hostage in Vegas after sneaking away to see Clay Aiken?

Yeah, my mumblemumble-ieth birthday is in a few weeks...what of it? :glare:

PS. That "Creature Comforts" show is freakin' hilarious! :cryingwlaughter: Oh, man. When the gorilla impersonated that tv artist, Bob Ross? Holy CMSU! :lmaosmiley-1:

PS again....Welcome, aspiegirl!

I went to bed early tonight because I was so tired. But once there, I couldn't sleep. Couldn't shut off my mind. So finally I got up. I was sure Clay blogged again because every time I went to bed early last week he did.

But alas, nothing.

So here I am awake with nothing to read.

Bummer.

Oh well, I guess I'll try something else to get sleepy.

Not that Clay makes me sleepy. He is far too stimulating for that!

But he does make me want to take him go to bed.... :whistling-1:

ETA:

[Hey, I just realized that in the first 6 months of this year Clay has visited 4 out of 7 continents...and if you count his earlier trip to Africa, he's only missing Australia and Antarctica to complete the seven (Shut Up! So what if I am a bigger geek than he is!)

I figure he'll never try for Antarctica (no MickyDs and they don't make enough t-shirts on earth to keep him warm) but I could see him trottin' over to Australia just to say he was there. You can't tell me that Mr. 'Hey, look at my pretty passport stamps!' hasn't noticed that he's set foot on almost every continent on earth.

Ok, I'll shut up now. I think I need sleep...this should help > :all_coholic:

:backtotopic:

I am one continent up on Clay! I have been to every one except Antartica!

Of course, it took me years to do that, not just 6 months.....

I am boring myself!

I really need to try and get some sleep.

Edited by Claygasm

Hee. Elliot Yamin was at the Giants game tonight. He sang, casually from the stands, Take Me Out To The Ballgame at the seventh inning stretch.

It was a nice little surprise while I was watching the game. I kinda lurve him.

'night FCA.

'night artquest.

'night Claygasm.

In a few weeks I'm going to be celebrating (quietly with just ourselves) my 25th anniversary. At one time we had thought it would be a hoot to scoot off to Vegas and do something crazy like renew our vows in the Graceland wedding chapel....then Frisco and Houston etc etc etc came up. All of a sudden Vegas got to be way too hot a place to go in July and I sort of thought early November would be nice. Funny coincidence, no?

I REALLY did have the idea to go to Vegas in early November before the ink dried on the skating show contract. How do you all feel about being bridesmaids? Won't John be tharilled! Clay Aiken and figure skating all in one show. I can sense his enthusiasm as I type this.....well, if he wasn't passed out from the suds of a very long wing night at the other end of this sofa, I'm SURE I could sense it!

Ya know.....I think right after a marathon happy hour might be the best time to break the news. Let me go wake him up.

How does this sound for an opener? You wanna be on TV on Christmas Day? Hmmmm.....do you still want to take me to Vegas for our anniversary? Ummmmm.......would you rather go to Vegas for our anniversary or buy me a very large piece of shiny bling in July?

While in Vegas I shall pay a visit to David Copperfield and have him create the illusion that I haven't left home to go JNT hopping in December......that might be important.

That second Kevin Hees photo and description of how it came about a la muski have made my evening most extremely pleasant......most extremely...Whew!

Welcome Aspiegirl!

Goodnight my lovelies! Seriously, think about the bridesmaid thing. I'll have us all garters made with a picture of Clay in the center of the little bow part. You'll be able to slip him up along your thigh and no one will ever be the wiser.

Well.....don't go see David Copperfield right after the ceremony.....just in case he happens to ask what Clay Aiken is doing there under your skirt.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

bwah ldyjocelyn! I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who references Clay events by what he was wearing - the suit, the tie, the hair.

At one point in time, sometime way before the CD release parties, I had what I thought would be a fantastic idea for a party game -- Clayo. It turned out to be way too much work, and my skills at photoshop sucked at the time, but the idea was this: everyone would get a "Clayo" card, with 24 different pictures of Clay. Every card would also be different. (See, a lot of work). The center square would be a picture of Raleigh (this was before Durham came into the picture), and that would be the freebie. And then, a caller would say "AI 2, Tell Her About It" or "Christmas special promo picture" and people would have to scramble to figure out if they had that picture or not. Of course, 5 squares in a row (up, down, or diagonally) would be the winner. I still think it would be fun, but I'd have to recruit an army to create those cards.

But yeah, my memory for most of his outfits is still pretty good. I think. I've loved almost all his outfits, even when he's casual as hell (those usually make me LOL, because he seems so "guy" to me).

KarenEh? said:

I'll have us all garters made with a picture of Clay in the center of the little bow part. You'll be able to slip him up along your thigh and no one will ever be the wiser.

My favorite color is red.

Edited by muskifest

Well today is my neices graduation (from junior K LOL) and we finished the first montage, turned it into a movie, burned it to a DVD, tested the projector and were done by 2 AM. Now my ass is dragging. Of course while we were waiting for some things to finish we set up the projector and needed something to test...nothing like Clay swinging his hips on top of a piano on a 60 ft screen to keep you awake. I may have to look into this new fangled big screen/HD/ flat screen technology one of these days. Just waiting for one of my TVs to die. heee. And they are still going strong. Happy Tuesday.

nothing like Clay swinging his hips on top of a piano on a 60 ft screen to keep you awake.

GUH.

I may have to look into this new fangled big screen/HD/ flat screen technology one of these days. Just waiting for one of my TVs to die. heee. And they are still going strong. Happy Tuesday.

You know you could "accidentally" hit your TV with a mallet, like this guy.... :breakpc2:

A Clay friend of mine has a 62" HD TV.

We do our Clay get togethers at her house a lot.

Clay is always better when he's bigger. :whistling-1:

So this woman I have known forever who works for us just asked me if I knew anything about Chautauqua, NY. Seems her granddaughter is doing an internship this summer at the Institute! Part of her job is taking care of the guest artists!!!

I told my friend that Clay would be there in July. She likes Clay! They may go up there for that since they want to visit her granddaughter anyway.

If she meets him I will be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!

I'm already jealous of her granddaughter. I want to take care of Clay! **sniff**

I bet her granddaughter doesn't even appreciate Clay - at least not like I do!

...nothing like Clay swinging his hips on top of a piano on a 60 ft screen to keep you awake. I may have to look into this new fangled big screen/HD/ flat screen technology one of these days. Just waiting for one of my TVs to die. heee. And they are still going strong. Happy Tuesday.

Me, too. I saw some clack once on a HD flat screen TV and was all over those suckers in Costco the following weekend. I am kicking myself now for buying that SONY 13 years ago. It isn't showing any signs of giving up the ghost anytime soon.

KarenEh? said:

I'll have us all garters made with a picture of Clay in the center of the little bow part. You'll be able to slip him up along your thigh and no one will ever be the wiser.

My favorite color is red

muski, why did I know that? Hee!

ldyjocelyn, I think Clayo sounds like a blast...but you're right it would be a lot of work to make enough cards for a party.

:DoClay: