# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

heee YAY I love the hair. I think it's like wind blown or something. Doesn't look spikey... YAY I love the hair. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh and Yay Clay is Californian. heee

Y'all just had to pick on the Moustache Hair didn't ya? Couldn't leave things alone, nooooo. NOW look what you've done!!!

I still wanna Do him though.

ETA: California? I thought he was in Vancouver? Maybe this was from when he was in California at Ahnuld's place? I'se confuuuuuused!

Edited by cindilu2

AAACCCKKKK! I will respect ldyjocelyn's delicate sensibilities and not say what I really think about the hair, as it involves violent images of out-of-control weedwhackers and perhaps a stray blast from a jet engine...

That's OK -- I actually LOL'd at your response!

I think I'm with KarenEh? in that I'm getting tired of whiplash! And hell, I'm so easy that I still think he's damn adorable.

counts the days until July 4

Hey, you know what? It's JUNE! That means there's only one more month before the tour. (And one more month to stress about the hair and the tour!!!!)

Just a reminder:

First FCA Chat this evening! 9:00 - 11:00 EDT. Topics:

1) ATDW and the PR campaign -- what worked? What didn't? What else could have been done?

2) RCA/Clive/Roger -- what do you think is the relationship between them and Clay?

3) What do you think is Clay's "musical direction?"

4) The next album -- what? When? Where? How? Why?

5) The Upcoming Tour -- what songs will he sing? Who will be with him besides the orchestra? What will the musical arrangements be like?

6) What is Clay's market demographic at the moment? What do you think should be Clay's market demographic? How can any of this demographics be expanded?

jmh, thank you for that blast from the past regarding Clay appearing with the Governator! I guess that's another one of those mythical "no-clack" shows, which is probably why I don't remember it.

ETA:

Y'all just had to pick on the Moustache Hair didn't ya? Couldn't leave things alone, nooooo. NOW look what you've done!!!

Karma can be very strange, can't it?

:allgood:

he

Postwhoring to add a link to a neat article about symphonies and pop/rock concerts, also from Notacanuck at CH:

http://www.reuters.com/article/inDepthNews...245641020070601

They talk about wanting to find artists who are a better fit for the symphony (using Aerosmith as one who was not) and they mention Clay's upcoming tour.

heh...well I know Clay will be a fit. Look like he's found his nitsch :bolt:

:DoClay: and his new old hair

ETA: Cindi no ...this was some "offifical" California event in Vancouver... Definitely a new picture..and they took along California's sexiest resident heee ..after seeing the clip..The govenator was their to try to get you Canadians to come to California on vacation. I know the cute singer has already done his fair share in helping the economy.

Solitaire....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

send space link

Tonight is my date with Linda Ronstadt in Jones Hall. Yipee! I'm going to try really hard to look at her while she's singing and not at the back of the head of the person in Row D Seat 1 all night. That, I think, is daydream #178.

Forgot to say I'm jealous of you too!! I played her "greatest hits" album back in the day about a million times. Great sing-a-long music those folks made/make. Kind of like that Clay Aiken guy. And thanks for reminding me of "Celebrate", ldyjocelyn!!

I got a new camera for Christmas last year. I took it last night to practice with for Clay's concert. I need LOTS of practice and I need to get my instruction book out for how to do the 3 minute "movies" with it. I forgot to take it with me for the Eagles concert but I did last night. Since you were envious of Karen eh and I for our concerts, I thought I would share a couple of pics with you. I hope it is okay to post non Clay pics on main, if not someone can delete them or move them for me. Here is Cool & The Gang (They sang Celebrate, ldyjocelyn)) & Hall & Oates. (They opened with Man Eater *g*) I'm glad you enjoyed your concert too, Karen Eh and thanks for sharing that picture of Clay he looks yummy. You need to give pointers on how to hold the camera still, without moving my hand. I had a few fuzzy pictures. LOL Seems I have a hard time not moving when I push the button. Can't keep the hand still. This was an outdoor concert.

th_HallOatesConcert003.jpg

th_HallOatesConcert002.jpg

th_HallOatesConcert007.jpg

th_HallOatesConcert008.jpg

So Clay was in Vancouver with Arnold? That's neat. The hair, not so much. Looks like he just rolled out of bed and has that tousled look. LOL That's our boy. In that link to the Clayboard screencaps if you scroll down a bit further there was a You send it and you could hear that Clay sang Solitaire.

I third the vote for Cindi for the emoticon position. Interesting article about pop crossovers luckiest1, thanks for bringing it.

heh...well I know Clay will be a fit. Look like he's found his nitsch

:cryingwlaughter: You know you better run, don't ya? I think your right actually.

ETA: Edited because I repeated a sentence. Can't spell either. Duh! Also to say I was 10th row, baby. Later, as I need to go in earlier today.

Edited by Clayzorback

ETA: Cindi no ...this was some "offifical" California event in Vancouver... Definitely a new picture..and they took along California's sexiest resident heee ..after seeing the clip..The govenator was their to try to get you Canadians to come to California on vacation. I know the cute singer has already done his fair share in helping the economy.

Solitaire....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

send space link

Awesome video - FLOVE seeing Clay right there in the front row. Since the Do Me man lives back home again, the sexiest CA resident is the governator? Hmmm.. dunno about sexy, but he's v. v. cool. Always been a favorite of mine (politics aside - I know nuthin).

Edited by cindilu2

Couchie...actually the way the reporter puts it ...it seems that Clay's performance was set up by the Host BC's governor. So since DF is from BC..Clay is part of the BC entertainment. So was that Jaymes sitting at Clay;s left???

Couchie...actually the way the reporter puts it ...it seems that Clay's performance was set up by the Host BC's governor. So since DF is from BC..Clay is part of the BC entertainment. So was that Jaymes sitting at Clay;s left???

Yeah, that was the way I took it too -- that DF was probably asked to set the entertainment up for the soirée, and so he brought in Canada's favorite son via North Carolina.

Just a random though -- could this be the "private concert" that some lucky bidder got early last September? Or maybe he's in Canada to soon give that private concert?

Aw geez, I missed Jaymes sitting next to him. Twist my arm, gotta watch again.

That hair does not look current - I have to check the teeth again, but that what the? Could someone have decidedthat people can't recognize him.

My concen with the spikes is that I was sure it would make him bald with all the flatironing. Then there were many more questionable days, more bad days than there are with other hair, but that is just my useless opinion on a matter that does not mattter - same voice.

Can ya'll leave me with my fantasies? Actually you're right. We're getting news on this too..just no Clay.

Now let the hair dissection begin...

clayctv2.jpg

I really don;t think its the same spikes as before. Its just mussed up a bit. BUT he certainly looks so much bigger.

Yeah looks like fantasy shirt...wonder what he was singing???

OMG! The hair looks AWFUL!!! Are we SURE that's a current picture? It does look like we are caught in a time warp except he's much heftier than he used to be.

AAACCCKKKK! I will respect ldyjocelyn's delicate sensibilities and not say what I really think about the hair, as it involves violent images of out-of-control weedwhackers and perhaps a stray blast from a jet engine...

PERFECT analogy!!

Karma can be very strange, can't it?

:allgood:

I am sooooooooooooo sorry I ever picked on Moustache Hair!!!!! Please hair gods - forgive me! There's still plenty of time to make it better for the tour!

(And some real facial hair might help too......)

*hands Claygasm some Kleenex and a punching bag*

Thank you! I need it! Especially after looking at this picture! He looks like a goofy hick here!

goofyhick.jpg

Where are my long, luscious, reddish locks??? You know, something like this?

ama06-41r-1.jpg

Y'all know I lurve the dude to pieces, but that screencap up there makes it look like he's been doing more than a little "wine-tasting" before his performance. The guy looks wasted. And yeah, I know it's just a weird camera shot and all, but geez.... :all_coholic:

Claygasm man that picture of him with his hand in that lucious long hair renders me quite speechless and that is all I will say....

no it isnt

lol

normally I dont say anything about his hair , except I LOVE the long hair.....but this just.was.not.good...

I had to go watch Hair Part 4..the ode to the long hair....

After watching that clip, I am convinced there was no wind making his hair look like that.

Obviously, bottle's lawnmower gone wild theory is the only excuse for that hair!

Or, maybe Clay really pissed Jamie off one day and this is the result.

(Repeats to herself hair grows....hair grows..... hair grows..... hair grows.... hair grows......)

ETA: This cracked me up - mainly because I was thinking the same thing. From Cap at CV:

Most definitely the Fantasy shirt. Are we sure that wasn't just a hologram of the AI3 Fantasy appearance with the glasses photoshopped off?
Edited by Claygasm

Or, maybe Clay really pissed Jamie off one day and this is the result.

Or maybe Mary, Nick, Jerome, Q&A, etc. have had enough of Clay's tour pranks and have conspired on arrangements for the biggest payback EVA! "No, dude, really - your hair looks great! It's very edgy! The Claymates will love it! <snicker, snicker, snicker>"

ETA: This cracked me up - mainly because I was thinking the same thing. From Cap at CV:

Most definitely the Fantasy shirt. Are we sure that wasn't just a hologram of the AI3 Fantasy appearance with the glasses photoshopped off?

You're not trying to tell me she didn't say anything about the hair, are you? LOL

I FLOVE it. So there. :hubbahubba:

ETA: Have fun in chat tonight. I won't be able to join you as I'm heading off to Dayton, OH to see Kim Locke tonight. Wheeeeee!

Edited by luckiest1

You're not trying to tell me she didn't say anything about the hair, are you? LOL

I FLOVE it. So there. :hubbahubba:

Of course a few times already....

You know what I think I love about Clay, more than anything else in the world? The curve balls he throws. He shocks die-hard fans, casual fans, and so many others in a thousand different ways *g*. Just when some complacency can set in with the die-hards, he changes his look once again. This orchestra tour, which I just know in my bones will be a fairly laid back event promoting ATDW, could be the rockin-est tour ever. I think he truly loves to mess with our heads, just for sport of it. Sure, could be considered cruel by some, but in other ways, it just makes me laugh. He's never boring, that's for sure.

{{{{{{{{{CG}}}}}}}}}}} just because I'm guessing she needs it.

I sure hope Jamie finds that bowl soon. She doesn't do so well without a template.

Oh well.....another day, another chuckle in Clayland. Maybe he gets a kick out of reading about who he HAD to have been in bed with moments before his appearance.....I know I do.

Clayzorback, does your new camera have image stabilization? That helps a lot with camera shake. Another thing that I do pretty much all the time is to use the viewfinder and not the LCD screen on the back. Holding the camera to your face with you arms tucked tightly into your sides, and pressing the shutter as you hold your breath for a second is the best way I know of to reduce the chance of blurred shots.

Inside Jones Hall there are some screens that they use to advertise upcoming appearances and the like. They also posted a camera and video policy up there from time to time that read, "No Flash Photography, Audio or Video Recording" which is slightly different from what I was told when I bought my tickets and is posted on their website which says no cameras. It gives me hope, at least. I didn't see very much in the way of ushers along the sides, th first one started on either side of about Row M, just under the start of the mezzanine overhang. There are only narrow aisles along the sides of the hall and doors every few rows along for access.

I don't know how this will relate to Clay's concert but last night the symphony played an opening set of about 30 to 40 minutes. During this time there was a moat where the pit would be, the width of a grand piano. I know this because there was a grand piano in it. During the break the grand piano was raised up and then the moat was covered over to be used for Linda's part of the show. She had her own band and backups with her. She had a sound panel set up against the wall on stage left and there were a few of those low speaker boxes set up in the front corners and in the center of the stage...one layer high. Pretty much what we have seen in Clay's concerts before. When the pit was filled in, the front row was CLOSE! VERY CLOSE! My seats are in the center of the 4th row and they are going to be amazing! We were in Row S center last night and those were excellent. The sound in there was wonderful and so full. I can't wait to hear Clay in this place!

Like I mentioned last night there was lots of advertising and his face was all over these tables where they had information set out for people to take. Oh and one other important thing. There is a bar set up immediately to your right as you walk through the door. If you use the furthest most door on the right to go in......you'll be about two steps away from your favourite libation.

ETA: Okay, I rewtched the CTV video from last night and the body hugging shirt and jeans have made me forget everything from the neck up for the time being. (Even the hair looked a wee bit better this morning...I said "wee"). I wonder if we will get jukebox tour hair this summer. That was a great look on him and one of the more consistent ones.

ACK! I don't care! In less than one week it will be less than one month! :Tour3:

Edited by Karen Eh?