#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

I long ago gave up the hope that Clay would produce music that matches my preferences, and why should he? And it doesn't matter. I end up enjoying it anyway.

Ducky after spending a few hours listening to one of the CDs you burned me, this just cracks me up! It would be angst-y, dark Clay! I know the feeling; I don't listen to anything else remotely like Clay - well, there isn't anyone remotely close anyway!

So, like, a Aiken / Reznor collaboration would be up your alley? [Maybe without all the death and destruction and apocalyptic imagery and whatnot. B) ]

th_LibraryCrop.jpgth_Reznor.jpg

Hee - why not? I'm all for the unexpected. But, death and destruction are really not my sort of dark. Saltie and company don't know truly dark (hugs to y'all). I like the contemplative, self-reflective, message-y stuff, with interesting lyrics. And some silly ditties thrown in. I'm thinking more Imogen Heap's debut CD (whatever it's called), and The Decemberists' Crane Wife. My favorites from MOAM, from the first listen were I Survived You and No More Sad Song, which I think is way underappreciated. Too bad they both have some lyrics that are hard to overcome. Yet, as I've said before, I'm addicted to Everything I Have. Go figure.

Uh Oh - Top of the page. Seems that's a bad thing?

Edited by duckyvee

Working all day and having no internet access (at work) makes it hard to keep up, let alone jump in and comment.

I have enjoyed reading the thread. I was a post whore over in Eayor at RHT. I hardly post at all anymore. Y'all are just too damn funny and smutty and witty. I can't compete, so I'll just read.

Working all day and having no internet access (at work) makes it hard to keep up, let alone jump in and comment.

I have enjoyed reading the thread. I was a post whore over in Eayor at RHT. I hardly post at all anymore. Y'all are just too damn funny and smutty and witty. I can't compete, so I'll just read.

It's not a com pet tition. [tm SexyHottStudMuffin].

:)

ETA: :nana: I hit a hundred posts!! Whoo Hooo! I thought I'd never get there. It's been, like, a whole week or something. Aaaaaanndd...my 100th post was even a semi-intelligent one over in the book review thread.

Edited by Bookwhore

But when are we gonna get to talk it over? (Is there a hissy fit girl here?)

Don't know. After all, sorry seems to be the hardest word.

snowflakecrop5.jpg

Damn it.

But, love mean you never have to say you're sorry.

That was lame, I know....

'Night

Edited by duckyvee

unicefsf-13-1.jpg

I looked into to it, and strangely enough, the fact that they don't liking the UNICEF Snowflake hair is not enough grounds to have someone deported. That just doesn't seem fair.... :eusa_whistle:

Deported???????? Heck I might leave of my own free will!!!

Oh the torture.

I"ll just have to keep scrolling up and petting the AMA pic...yeah that will make me feel better. Really the hair is not that much different, I guess but I just hate (oh yes I mean hate) that sNOflake pic!

Me too Merrieeee!

And I think I'll go straight to my sister's house where I'll park my dirty nasty cluttered car and then go inside and play with the kids. My bil will undoubtedly see said car, and spruce it up better than any professional detail guy. It works every time.

I need that man's address! I barely recognized my car when I walked out to it in the hotel parking lot this morning. Barrie to Timmins to Sudbury to Sault Ste Marie...to Barrie tomorrow will do it to ya everytime. Currently sitting in Sault looking fondly across the water to sweet memories of Interlochen. :blush:

And I cannot TELL you how happy I am to see Clay's gorgeous ruddish arm hair coming back....GAWD, I did.not.like. that slick, white skin on his forearms ...gave me the willies.

Me, too. I also noticed when I was going through photos, here, that the little curls at the neck opening of his shirt were missing, too! What was he thinking? My His little curlies? Ripped out right out from under my fingers his throat? Yes, Clay, some things hurt….not just you. I’m glad to see that they’re back, too.

What the h* did he do?? Dunk himself in a vat of bathtub cleaner?? ...and WHY? Was there every any consensus?

Oh how I wish he would be accepted singing soul--like 50's, 60's soul--it would be so, so fine.

Heeeee's so fine...*cough*...oh YES, I'll have some of that!

I go out to dinner, and you guys start pulling Clay apart, piece by piece...and for some reason, it's only considered a sad, sad situation....

Both couchie and cindi are hot tonight with their wonderful posts. This one, in particular, really made me shake my head a LOT:

And yet I have learned to temper my expectations..but I think that's a good thing. The "he's going to change the music industry" mantra ... eeek ... I never believed that. And I don't know a single singer who's fortunes has only risen. There have been bumps in the road for even the biggest stars. I also am not sure if THIS is the album that will tell us ultimately where he's going. But that's ok...I'm here for the journey. Always have been. It's REALLY quite fascinating...doncha think?

Good Lord, yes. I really think that Clay understands that too -- that his career is going to have peaks and valleys, and he's got to make choices that are best for HIM at that particular moment. It's a roller coaster of a career, and after a few years of being in it, he knows it. I know it too. And I totally believe that this career is going to take some time. I want Clay to be around for a long while. Be prepared for a ride!!!!!

Laughn - yes I love that green eyed soul. Wonder how he feels about it. Is it something he feels excited about or something he experiments with on the tour because he has soulful back ups. <snip>

But here's the question. Would Clay Aiken be accepted as a soul singer or would have he have to work up to that. I'd love to see him get some high profile duet gigs singing some old school soul. He'd shock the house.

That's a good question. I'd love for him to be considered the aught's version of Darryl Hall, but I really can't figure out if Clay wants that or not. All I know is that I really appreciate it when he does the soul!

...but speaking about that photo from Houston, not meaning any disrespect to your obviously impeccably honed skills, :F_05BL17blowkiss: but I didn't even notice the dang fold till someone mentioned it. Dear Lord, I am sad. I loved that shot for the light and dark/shadows effect and all that artsy crap. Take pity on me. :lmaosmiley-1:

Heh. I'm actually with you -- the light and shadow is what makes that picture interesting to me. I guess I'm just an amateur smutter.

Harry meets Sally = rcknrllmom meets Clay

Eaten in a deli recently?

BWAH!

Snowflake hair - what hair - it's hard to get beyond the Snowflake look, that face, those eyes!!

That's me! The eyes -- those eyes. Guh.

The world would be boring if we all liked the same looks on Clay, wouldn't it?

*high fives BookWhore for her 100 posts*

Psycho? Moi?

It's not a com pet tition. [tm SexyHottStudMuffin].

:)

ETA: :nana: I hit a hundred posts!! Whoo Hooo! I thought I'd never get there. It's been, like, a whole week or something. Aaaaaanndd...my 100th post was even a semi-intelligent one over in the book review thread.

Congratuations Bookwhore! Yes your 100th post was an intelligent one over in the book review thread. I love to learn about new books in that thread. Reading is so much fun!

I'm afraid that instead of getting the Manilow Jr. tag, if Clay sang soul, he'd get the unflattering Michael Bolton comparisons.

Ok...explain to the person who turned off the radio in 1985. When did Michael Bolton become a whipping boy. I know one thing, I know he was accepted as a soul singer for a long time. And I know that I had relatives - aunts raised on Jackie Wilson and James Brown - that went to see him in concert more than once. Is this a case of kicking somebody when they are no longer on top?.

I love him even more for it too. Such wisdom for such a young man. I'm sure he's turned down many opportunities, and he doesn't play the Hollywood games. This makes me very happy, because he's avoided some of the pitfalls of being a star. Others have caught up to him anyway, but it must be so much more tolerable to deal with when he's home and surrounded by people who care.

Oh I loved this. Nothing to add.

I'm immortalized on the GMA BFM looking like an idiot--had no thought at the time that I would be on TV. Oh well--them's the breaks. It was amazing being so close that day--he was so, so gorgeous and so happy.

Oh bwah..now I have to pull this out so I can feel better. Heeee OH lord I can see it now..my phone ringing off the hook cuz I was cheesing up a storm as my pasty white boyfriend got question after question right. I think I even imitated hurl face from AI2 results night before some of the answers were revealed. Nope I'm not smarter than a fifth grader either We have a con nec tion. :cryingwlaughter:

And YAY for mom!

How about a duet with Whitney? Mutually beneficial??

Clay and crackhead whitney. The Clitney. eek. If her voice was even half of what it used to be MAYBE the shock of such a pairing would probably shake the music world... ok that's an exaggeration but you know what I mean. I used to love that woman but to me now she's just so distasteful. I wonder if she'll ever have that comeback somebody thinks will make millions for everyone.

You know, I really don't have any expectations beyond what we know will be happening. I'm excited about the upcoming appearances and tour, and am looking forward to whatever music Clay will serve up in his next CD, whenever it happens. I long ago gave up the hope that Clay would produce music that matches my preferences, and why should he? And it doesn't matter. I end up enjoying it anyway.

Thanks for more meet and greet tidbits. And I love the rest of what you have to say. I don't have expectations either. I think that's why Clay can always suprise me. I'll be quite happy with a touch of soul every now and then. I know in concert he'll always give us a shot.

Do Clay and I have the same musical taste. It's funny... I'm so old school soul it's ridiculous. But the other time I really loved music was in the 80s..so yes Clay IS my taste heh. I think he would have had it made if he were 20 years younger.

Harry meets Sally = rcknrllmom meets Clay

Eaten in a deli recently?

Bwah. I loved this Play! It took me a couple of times to get it. I can be slow heh.

Who mentioned "deportation"? Nice way to send shivers down the spine of someone whose visa expires in 48 hours. :scream: I'm sitting up here in Canada waiting until my husband brings me the paperwork that will get me back into the US. At least this year I didn't overstay....last year I went to GMA on September 19th not even thinking that I was supposed to be out of the country before September 2nd. OOPS!!! I got a nice little reprimand at the border, upon reentry, for that misstep. From now on, I'll be good. :RedGuy:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your story. Good luck with everything.

I love you psychos.

Ya know I don't know you but your reputation has preceded you so everytime I looked at those steel stilletos someone posted many pages back, I got a visual of you riding your new Giddeyup (sp) with those steel stilletos on your footsies.

Gotta tell you, it's a memorable thing.

Ooooo! Lookie!! Two more pictures for the lovely Scarlett's scrapbook! <snip>

That Tangerinee is one talented person! :Thud:

VERY talented and sweet and kind and thoughtful and .... (thanks for the Red Bank ticket, Tangerinee! You're an angel!)

I agree totally fab! And merrieeee can hate UNICEF hair all she wants to, and I will always love her, because she gave me this in poster size.....Oh..... and when Scarlett ran off with it, she made me a new one even bigger. I don't know what it is about that photo (uh.....you know a big fat lie when you see one, right?) but my house guests always try to roll it up and leave with it in their suitcase. I've come to do exit inspections before anyone leaves the premises. I love this picture! FLOVE!
(green-eyed bolding mine) Errrrhm... a new one even bigger??? I don't mind anyone not liking the Snowflake hair or any hair (btw, Solo and I use this 'nice' nickname for the bowl cut -- "Flowbee") as long as it's easy to make off with a poster from merrieeee's house. However... she sent you an even bigger one??? Waaaah! *sniff* And this after your searing-hot Canandaigua pictures turned my Canandaigua Icewine to firewater?!! *sniff*

ps. The not-so-nice nickname is "Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel" hair.

I think a new milestone has been reached at FCA. Have we really talked about the hair all day..wait is it two days now? heee But who cares as long there continues to be visual evidence.

Don't I remember a time when JBT was considered best hair evah. What happened to the love.

Errrrhm... a new one even bigger??? I don't mind anyone not liking the Snowflake hair or any hair (btw, Solo and I use this 'nice' nickname for the bowl cut -- "Flowbee") as long as it's easy to make off with a poster from merrieeee's house. However... she sent you an even bigger one??? Waaaah! *sniff* And this after your searing-hot Canandaigua pictures turned my Canandaigua Icewine to firewater?!! *sniff*

Sent? No, she didn't send me one. She handed it to me with an explanation.....which in American English translates into "She ratted you out."

But hey, :allgood: Mine's bigger than yours, afterall.

Hmmmm......would you really like the bigger one?

Just where is that Red Bank seat, anyway?

Hmmmm???

It's an awfully pretty picture in 24 X 36

I think a new milestone has been reached at FCA. Have we really talked about the hair all day..wait is it two days now? heee But who cares as long there continues to be visual evidence.

Don't I remember a time when JBT was considered best hair evah. What happened to the love.

It just grew, couchie, it just grew.

Whew! What a lot of wonderful, insightful and funny posts to catch up on today!

You know, for a long time, my siggie on the Clayboard has been a Mark Twain quote:

We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter.

This is mostly how I feel about Clay and my fandom now. I don't want to know about the mechanics. I don't want to know the about the man behind the curtain. I just want to love and enjoy whatever the man chooses to offer me. (down, smutters!) Sing for me, tour for me, show your pretty, pretty face on tv for me. Make me laugh and swoon and tingle all over with that incredible voice. I don't need to know about the storms and the sun and the perfect angles that need to come together to provide it. I just want to appreciate the beauty of it.

Amen and Hallelujah to that! I don't want to analyze Clay's career trajectory, either. The only thing I want to analyze is his looks, and specifically, the pants. And sometimes the music, because I'm a musician and I enjoy analyzing how he's singing or getting music arranged or the musical styles he likes. But the rest of it is tiresome, frustrating and no fun. And if it's no fun, why do it? I'm all for a good time.

See bottle it didn't hurt to post one of my favourite pics of all time, the library one. Thank you....all is forgiven! So am I to deduce from your creative cropping of Clay that he must indeed be the sum of his parts...and what parts?

Laughn, I love that pic of THE profile!

BWAH to the parts posts! Heee!

Library Man? Whew, he's hawt! And I can't let a mention of him go by without making sure he's on this page:

atdw.jpg

Congrats on 100 posts, Bookwhore! You'll be passing me up soon, 'cuz I don't post much on days that I work. Darn it, why do I have to earn money, anyway? Oh, yeah, to support my addiction to Clay!! Withdrawal wouldn't be a pretty thing.

Edited by Gibby

But then, I suppose merrieeee would be too busy standing in line for this guy.

72620533.jpg

And I would be elbowing her out of the way to do talk to him first. Now that is one hott-looking man.

Couchie, the love is still there. Always has been. No matter how I feel about the hair or the outfit or even the choice of song, believe me, the love is still there. If I was only infatuated with the superficial stuff I'm sure my obsession would have faded after a year or so. But there are so many dimensions to Clay, so many things to admire, it's what keeps me hooked. Nice package pictures are always appreciated, but they only serve to sweeten the pot.

Didn't you ever go out with a guy that was super handsome, sexy and hott, only to find out that he was dumber than a box of rocks and shallow as a rain puddle? And then he wasn't so handsome and sexy anymore? With Clay, he just keeps getting sexier and handsomer as time goes by, each time he lets us glimpse another layer of himself.

Edited by Bookwhore

Philly comes out of lurkdom again...

I haven't had the time catch up on oh about 70 pages...

Has this been posted yet?

188938420-L.jpg

If it has my apologies for bringing up old pics...

But, why does that ding dang"Mic Stand" have all the luck?

*Whimpers*

Edited by PhillyluvsClay