#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Home from work...whipped up a Mac and Cheese casserole for dinner and just finished watching the clack from last night.

I honestly cannot describe what I am feeling after watching him...this is definately a 360 from last year's show and in a good way. I don't know how to say it; but there is just something different about him...he looks gorgeous and sounds amazing, but there is just something about his aura or being that wasn't there last summer. Maybe because he so in his element, in Church, singing to his God...but at times it almost felt like intruding on private moments. Just watching the videos you can tell he put his heart and soul into this and I am beyond excited to see this in Merrillville...never had to wait for a last show before, so this is really going to be tough!

Couchie My pin arrived today!

Kim

Why go to other boards and read negativity? Well, I don't see all of it as negativity. I see a very few people on several boards sort of instigating agitating others who are truly upset. Now it is probably only my belief that a few are instigating, but sometimes I don't really think it has to do with Clay.

I have this philosophy about board and the general segregation of the fandom. I think it is important to support Clay on general TV boards rather than to leave everything to the trolls and haters and I think it is important for people to travel between the different Clay boards so that ideas perculate through the fandom and you don't get a single group think with no differing ideas. I don't want to be excluded because I am not a popular person with popular ideas and I don't go around hating on people that I disagree with, it is just a matter of a difference of opinion, nothing more.

I just watched a video clip of last night. I can't even remember what he was singing but

GAWD.

He is such a professional. He looks amazing. His looks are amazing---as in how he looks at people and cameras (heh)....His hands are so fucking beautifula and expressive and GAWD I wanna be a microphone stand! His lipbites are so deliciously sweet and sexy at the same time. Hell, I don't even care about the occasional breaks in his voice. Let somebody else do it better!

GAWD. If the first show went that well and seemed so very polished and tight, imagine how he'll caress it and tweak it and lick smoothe it even more as the tour continues!

GAWD.

I just watched a video clip of last night. I can't even remember what he was singing but

GAWD.

He is such a professional. He looks amazing. His looks are amazing---as in how he looks at people and cameras (heh)....His hands are so fucking beautifula and expressive and GAWD I wanna be a microphone stand! His lipbites are so deliciously sweet and sexy at the same time. Hell, I don't even care about the occasional breaks in his voice. Let somebody else do it better!

GAWD. If the first show went that well and seemed so very polished and tight, imagine how he'll caress it and tweak it and lick smoothe it even more as the tour continues!

GAWD.

Yeah, but did you like it? :cryingwlaughter:

I am digging it too, now I am praying for that CC album so Clay can snag Grammy and now I am running for the hills before you put a hating on me.... :cryingwlaughter:

Now come on, lightmyfire, you don't think yo' heathen daddy would approve something like that, do ya? :tongue09:

Yeah...you and mah daddy on the Highway to Hell, but then again Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be.. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am digging it too, now I am praying for that CC album so Clay can snag Grammy and now I am running for the hills before you put a hating on me.... :cryingwlaughter:

Now come on, lightmyfire, you don't think yo' heathen daddy would approve something like that, do ya? :tongue09:

Yeah...you and mah daddy on the Highway to Hell, but then again Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be.. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Bwah! Well Hells Bells, Let There Be Rock... :lol:

Yay, lookit Clay... he's Back in Black.

What?

I completely love everything that Clay sings (ad nauseum.)

I consider every performance a gift, and the giver is free to choose that which is given.

I do my best to completely ignore people who criticize Clay because I just don't give a shit about their opinions.

I'm just so excited for tonight's perfomance. My daughter will be there, and I'm thrilled to know what pleasure she will get from this wonderful concert. She just called me to say that she was getting all dressed up to go to the theater!

It makes my heart happy.

Via CV, SmartyPantsSuz's pictures of Quiana and Angela's dresses with her comments.

WichitaCITH5.jpg

WichitaCITH4.jpg

Angela came back before Clay came to talk to us after the show and I asked her who designed the dresses. She wasn't sure of that, but she said Clay picked them out. The man has great taste!

I completely love everything that Clay sings (ad nauseum.)

I consider every performance a gift, and the giver is free to choose that which is given.

I do my best to completely ignore people who criticize Clay because I just don't give a shit about their opinions.

I'm just so excited for tonight's perfomance. My daughter will be there, and I'm thrilled to know what pleasure she will get from this wonderful concert. She just called me to say that she was getting all dressed up to go to the theater!

It makes my heart happy.

Amen, sistah!!

After seeing the pics (Angela and Quiana look gorgeous!!), and our boyfriend in his finest, even *I* who avoids dresses like the plague have the strangest desire to wear a dress for our date on Friday. :dancingnana:

Exactly how much snow is on the ground in Kalamazoo? :deepersnow:

Ok, since this is a board where it's really OK to say what you really think..... I really think those dresses are unattractive. And that is from someone who liked all but one of Clay's fugly jackets.

On a positive note, I so enjoyed the cellcert last night, and love the new sound of some of the songs and medleys. I can't wait for my shows!

Ok, since this is a board where it's really OK to say what you really think..... I really think those dresses are unattractive. And that is from someone who liked all but one of Clay's fugly jackets.

check my recap duckyvee - I'm a major sunshine-blower :) and even loved the paisley fugly - but I didn't care for the dresses either, except to say the ladies were striking in them - they're beautiful women - just too much dress for my taste. Major buzoms action though, so I guess they do have Clay's taste all over them :cryingwlaughter:

Via CV:

Clayperfect just called. The meet and greet is over and she is on cloud nine! That Aiken fog I guess. She's having a hard time remembering everything right now but here are a few tidbits.

He was wearing gray sweat pants, a gray Nebraska sweatshirt and gray tennis shoes. Hair parted on the side.

She said he was very, very happy.

A couple of them told Jerome they couldn't think of any questions and he said to think of some and Clay would stay longer - get him talking and he'll talk and talk.

He said this is his favorite tour of all. He loves it and he's not changing it. He figured out he can't please everybody so he has to do what's right for himself. That's not to say that he may not tweak the show somewhere down the line but he's very happy with it.

His lack of skating skills during the filming of the Christmas skating show was an act. He had to act like he couldn't skate for the cameras (we kindof knew that).

The whole time he's signing things he's talking a mile a minute.

One girls snarkily asked him why he was dressing "like that"? He replied snarkily, "Excuse me!" She said it's Christmas, you should be dressed up and he replied he didn't get dressed up until he had to. Clayperfect said they were cute going back and forth - all in good fun.

They had their pics made in front of a Christmas tree.

Do ya'll know who Moanica is? Well, Clayperfect took her little stuffed giraffe and asked Clay to hold Moanica for their picture. He said, "Oh yea, I know Moanica." She wrapped both arms around him and said he's not skinny and he's not fat - he's just right.

The whole thing lasted about 25 minutes.

The last thing she said was, "He's a hunk!"

After she comes down from her high she'll probably remember more. She did say there were no questions about the album or Spamalot.

check my recap duckyvee - I'm a major sunshine-blower :) and even loved the paisley fugly - but I didn't care for the dresses either, except to say the ladies were striking in them - they're beautiful women - just too much dress for my taste. Major buzoms action though, so I guess they do have Clay's taste all over them :cryingwlaughter:

Hee. I see we have the same screech-meter too. :whistling-1:

He said this is his favorite tour of all. He loves it and he's not changing it. He figured out he can't please everybody so he has to do what's right for himself. That's not to say that he may not tweak the show somewhere down the line but he's very happy with it.

<snip>

She did say there were no questions about the album or Spamalot.

Awwww, love this recap. Love that he is doing what is right FOR HIM, and not trying to appease any certain group of fans. And I evil-ly love that there were no album questions. :P

Just bringing this forward. I am nothing if not annoying determined! :cryingwlaughter:

O Come O Come Emmanuel

Jesus Medley - luckiest1

Mary Did You Know - Toots

Merry Christmas With Love

Jazzy Medley - Gibby

Christmas Waltz - liney23

Who Would Imagine a King (Angela) - ialreadyam

Welcome To Our World - jmh123

O Holy Night - keepingfaith

Hark the Herald Angels Sing/Oh Come All Ye Faithful

Sentimental Medley - duckyvee

Where Are You Christmas (Quiana)

My Grown Up Christmas List - FearOfH2O

Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - couchie

All Is Well - KAndre

ETA that y'all might want to go and grab your individual file from deborah760's Wichita clack here. Uploaded by running free at the CH.

smileaday24's Wichita's M&G recap from CV:

Somewhat of a recap last night's M&G. I've always wondered just what those of you who have had M&G's meant about him looking 'freshly scrubbed'....well, now I know. There is definitely an aura around him when he first walks into a room. It's almost like a cleansing moment. I had been pretty excited about meeting the 'man' but as soon as he opened the door and said "Hi Guys!!, I was at ease. He came in, kinda looked around and commented on how amazing the room looked (and it did). He sat down and we all began to chat. Jerome had told us to be sure and keep him talking because if he got bored, he would just leave the room. I don't think he got bored at all. The conversation was free and easy. It was clear to me that he was ready to GET 'ER DONE. The show was ready for us to see and feel. Clay commented that it was going to be really different. He said he would only stop twice to talk....but it wasn't scripted. There would not be any 'farting' jokes at this concert...it was going to be :reverant".

There was a question about Spamalot and would he wear a wig. He giggled a litle and said YES, he probably would wear a wig. He doesn't like to bother about his hair. Someone said he should bring Jamie to NY with him...they both agreed that would NOT be a good idea. I asked about taking dancing lessons for the show and he said NO he hadn't taken any and wasn't going to. I asked him how was he going to do the Russian dance and he came back with why did I ASSUME he was going to do a Russian dance. He didn't HAVE to do one. I really think they (directors and producers) have given him the green light to make the part his own. Just because it has been done a certain way doesn't mean he has to do that same way.

Someone asked about the new CD and whether or not he had been doing an song writing for it. His response was probably not...maybe...he'll write when/if he gets the urge. He did say he hoped it might be ready sometime in the first half of the year. I got the feeling that he isn't ready to talk much about the album. Right now his entire focus is on the Christmas tour and Spamalot.