#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

Dear God. Quiana is.....unreal. I like her voice so much better than Jennifer Hudson's and I like Jennifer Hudson's voice.

Holyshit. She KILLS this song....she owns it. What a talent. I'm so proud of her. And now I have to find out how long she's going to be in this role and whether or not I can go to see her.

I loved Jennifer in Dreamgirls but Quiana's performance outdid hers, IMO. I'd love to see some of her acting skills besides this amazing musical number. Clay must be so proud to have this woman as a friend and tourmate. She is NO backup singer which is why he gives her and Angela their own songs. I totally believe him when he says Quiana is one of the best singers out there. Hope she finds more success from this. This performance made me cry.

I loved Jennifer in Dreamgirls but Quiana's performance outdid hers, IMO. I'd love to see some of her acting skills besides this amazing musical number. Clay must be so proud to have this woman as a friend and tourmate. She is NO backup singer which is why he gives her and Angela their own songs. I totally believe him when he says Quiana is one of the best singers out there. Hope she finds more success from this. This performance made me cry.

You said it, skybar! :clap: Go Quiana! :clap:

Thanks, play! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Dear God. Quiana is.....unreal. I like her voice so much better than Jennifer Hudson's and I like Jennifer Hudson's voice.

Holyshit. She KILLS this song....she owns it. What a talent. I'm so proud of her. And now I have to find out how long she's going to be in this role and whether or not I can go to see her.

:clap::clap::clap:QUIANA :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for bringing over that file Playbiller.

I agree with all of these, and skybar22, I got choked up and felt tears well in my eyes as I watched the performance and I'm not sure if it was feeling so proud of her or responding to her performance.

I hope Clay gets to see the Quack!!

Play ...thanks so much for sharing that link...I would love an mp3 of that version. She does out sing Jennifer IMO, however...Jennifer still had more raw emotions. But on its own...Quiana's performance was totally excellent. Great for her first acting role...I hope this opens up all kinds of doors for her.

yay thanks for sharing that. I'm not sure she outdid Jennifer - and with her I was just as impressed with her acting - but damn that was good vocally. You go Quiana. I wanted to comment earlier that Clay may have recommended her but I'm sure she had to win the part. That girl has true talent.

Hmmmm...I like Quiana, but have never quite put her on the same level as many others.

Jennifer Holliday stills hold the definitive version for me, especially in the context in the play. I liked JHud's version because she did change the emphasis - from desparate to defiant. Not better, but almost equal. Quiana for me mines a little too close to Holliday's version - but without the heart. Holliday left it all out there. The girl is good, undeniably good - but I don't lose myself in the performance. It sounds so cliched, but she doesn't make it enough of her own. But that's just me.

I would love to be able to see Q's whole performance. The build-up to that number adds SO much to the performance. It's a little jarring all on its own. Her voice is stunning, and she looks wonderful.

However, I think Jennifer Hudson absolutely owns the role of Effie in the movie version. I've probably watched it 15 times now, and that scene never fails to move me. Sometimes to tears (ask luckiest1 - I think I actually sobbed in the theatre the first time, lol) and sometimes to applause. She might never do another thing in her career, but for me she will always be Effie White.

:clap::clap: Quianna very nicely done. I would not compare her with Jennifer because I have not seen the whole show. I saw Dream Gilrs in the movies and I really enjoyed Jennifer. To compare only a segment will not be fair to Quianna of Jennifer.

Oh god, I'm watching Group Two for the first time ever. Hold me FCA.

:smoke:

And he sang first? I didn't know that. I wonder if it mattered? I don't think I could've handled it if I saw this from the beginning. The Wildcard was the first full show of AI I ever saw and I only had to wait 24 hours to know he was back. This? Woulda KILLED ME!!!!!!!!!!

I did not get to see rewind, cause a football game interupted it. And I missed the whole show.

And he sang first? I didn't know that. I wonder if it mattered? I don't think I could've handled it if I saw this from the beginning. The Wildcard was the first full show of AI I ever saw and I only had to wait 24 hours to know he was back. This? Woulda KILLED ME!!!!!!!!!!

Oh now i would have still missed it, even if the game ended earlier! :cry4:

I LOVE the emoticon.

I remember my feelings so well when I saw group 2 results. I was totally deflated and disappointed but since I was not yet totally invested in Clay I was able to tell myself to keep watching and he could definitely be back.

My, my, my. The pimping coronation support of Ruben started fast and early, didn't it? I love Ruben, but seriously do not enjoy his treatment of Superstar, then or now. I believe someone called it the longest 3 1/2 minutes in recorded history.

Lordy, I'm glad I know how this all turns out.

I actually quite moved by Ruben in this episode. I really loved him. End of this show...I was probably more a Ruben fan than Clay's. I do think clay going first also hurt him...followed by pretty forgettable people then Ruben and that little exchange with Simon and Kim...I can understand how he came in third.

But that is probably the last time he came in that position.

Chiming in late to STAND UP and :clap: for Quiana. That was amazing! I can't compare her to Holliday or Hudson, as I've seen neither (the Jennifer Hudson variation is definitely on my "to do" list) but I am so very proud of her!

And muski....me too. It's often cheap to get down to Raleigh from here....hmmm.....if anyone knows how long it's on, could you chime in? TIA

ETA as well...is there anymore Quack that anyone's seen anywhere?

Kim kinda lost me on the ...You suck comment...that was too childish. At the time...I was really impressed with her SOTR, but now, I can see all the flaws.

I really think that Simon simply liked Ruben...I think he figures he gets him. he never got clay and that bothered Simon I think.

Kim kinda lost me on the ...You suck comment...that was too childish. At the time...I was really impressed with her SOTR, but now, I can see all the flaws.

I really think that Simon simply liked Ruben...I think he figures he gets him. he never got clay and that bothered Simon I think.

Heh! I loved Kim's comment to Simon which is probably what first endeared me to her. I could not stand Simon and thought he was OTT mean in season 1. Anyone who stood up to him made me smile.

Wow...watching Quiana was amazing. I was hoping she would do well and I expected her to sound good..but I didn't expect to feel my gut clenching and my hands curling into fists in my lap...and then tears in my eyes. And I don't even like this song all that much! *applause, applause* ;)