#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

ldyj, I hope you feel better soon. Stay in, stay warm, (easy to do if you're watching Clack) and get better.

bottlecap...I think that damn bear is at my back door now. :P

Now, I'm going to sit here, sipping tea, and dream of April in NY and a Knight to remember.

:14: Glad someone hasn't forgotten! :lilredani:

uh oh..heee I'll do mine ...promise..

KAndre... oooh I can work with that..fancy restaurants AND dollar menus...but about this auxillary member of eHP thing... well I don't knw..I think I have too much pride to watch all these cool designations while I get to be keeper of the wet spot. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Happy Tuesday everyone....

Great banner Cindilu2!!

I think I have too much pride to watch all these cool designations while I get to be keeper of the wet spot.
:unsure: Er....I'm not sure I want to know what this means....

Well...y'all have a good one! I'm at work now and facing a mountain of crap to plow through (I'd rather be plowing some of that snow y'all are complaining about! :blink: )

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

A couple of things jumped out at me...this is not a debut for cowards..or something like that. Nope it isn't. Now that it's a success it's easy to say..yeah but this role was perfect for him. But to me it was not the obvious choice and it was damn risky. That he would work hard at it, well I knew he would But all the practice in the world doesn't guarantee that you will be good at anything.

Great point, couchie! This role was a risk... the British accent, the comedic timing, the dancing... And it's gratifying to see at least one reviewer acknowledge this. I agree that it was a bold but brilliant move for him to choose Spamalot to make his Broadway debut.

(((couchie))) Don't work too hard.

I think this is the PERFECT place to use this -

You might want to right-click and save this one, for later use....

funny-pictures-farting-kitten.jpg

Perez Hilton Could Play New Role: A&R Man

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/arts/mus...e.html?ref=arts

My eyse my eyes!!! Ack

It's the end of the world as we know it! wtf

Oooh, Warner Bros - isn't that the label people were swooning over the possibilityf Clay signing with?/ Oops, ended iwth a preposition. Must try again.

Isn't that the label with which Clay was supposed to sign and many people were praying for him to do so? Why don't people bnelieve me when I say that BMG is one of the better labels, among tough business congolmerates? Of course this doesn't mean they don't appreciate the wonders of creative bookkeeping, like so many entertainment businesses.

Eeew cat farts! This place is going to the dogs cats!

Oooh, Warner Bros - isn't that the label people were swooning over the possibilityf Clay signing with?/ Oops, ended iwth a preposition. Must try again.

Isn't that the label with which Clay was supposed to sign and many people were praying for him to do so? Why don't people bnelieve me when I say that BMG is one of the better labels, among tough business congolmerates? Of course this doesn't mean they don't appreciate the wonders of creative bookkeeping, like so many entertainment businesses.

So Clay is with a more reputable and classy organization than the one with which David Foster is affiliated? Well, isn't that special.

There is no label that will win an award for artistic nobility, but at least Clive didn't hire Perez Hilton! Clive was excoriated in Clayland for inviting PH to one of his parties -- but at least he's not on the freaking RCA payroll!

With Winehouse winning Grammys and PH working for Warners, the current popular culture has become absurdly insignificant. Winehouse winning those Grammys for Rehab is a near total devaluation of the worth of a Grammy Award. When "bad" in the literal becomes popular -- what's left but to bring out the broom.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

I just have a friend who works for the third major label and said BMG is considered more artist friendly. But, from personal experience, where you work is always the least reputabable, so you have to take that as the usual worker gossip. I worked for a bank (several in fact) and I was shocked at the treatment of customer data, broke all the rules/laws with casually testing with live data and then going back and altering the tranaction traces to removed the testing they did with other people's money. I always wondered how much they screwed up and how many people trusted the transaction history - still don't have an ATM card to this day, they made me sick. Of course I have a pension managed by my last company and I know how casual they are with sending personal data out of the country (illeagal! And specifically spelled out in customer contracts to not be allowed!) which could easily assist in identity theft. The best thing I did was change how my Mother's maiden name is spelled (I had been spelling it wrong for years!) after I retired, changed all my records, except theirs.

There are probably few major businesses that win any awards for honesty now, but whatcha gonna do. I completely understand Clay's "the devil you know". it takes a while to learn who you can trust and how to deal with certain people you have to deal with, so going to a new company has it's challenges.

I realize his "claim to fame" as he has said before is Clay. Without all the crap and the hits he received from both sides due to "the crap" he got a huge kickstart and became a juggernaut in the blog-o-sphere and this makes me very very sad. I can only contend that the rest is based upon the fact (in my own mind) that he must be givin' good booty to some big mucky-muck somewhere on the 150th floor! (or has photos of such. heh)

:kotz0:

I realize his "claim to fame" as he has said before is Clay. Without all the crap and the hits he received from both sides due to "the crap" he got a huge kickstart and became a juggernaut in the blog-o-sphere and this makes me very very sad. I can only contend that the rest is based upon the fact (in my own mind) that he must be givin' good booty to some big mucky-muck somewhere on the 150th floor! (or has photos of such. heh)

:kotz0:

:cryingwlaughter:

That just cracked me up.

I think Warner Bros. is paying him to shut up, no matter how they present it publicly. They can call it whatever they want. The little bastard just blackmails himself into one position after another and he's SO revolting. How a miserable little mole who sits in a coffee shop surfing the net and writing nasty notes on pictures of people's asses can get this rich just boggles the mind. Society is truly going to hell. (Rant, rant, rant....!)

What makes this most cringeworthy is that it gives the little maggot some semblance of credibility (lord, I need to shower just typing that). If there is ANY justice or karma in the universe, this toad will one day get exactly what's coming to him. And it won't be a position at a record company.

If there is ANY justice or karma in the universe, this toad will one day get exactly what's coming to him. And it won't be a position at a record company.

I'm one that believes that this kind of "karma" (or whatever you want to call it) will come. The question is, when? And that's the main problem in a nutshell -- I think God probably has a plan for almost all scum suckers of the world, but unfortunately, God also tends to take these things in time. In this case, I do wish God would hurry up a bit; but just as I can't tell Clay what to do with his career, I can't tell God what to do either. But I do still hold onto the belief that it will happen. In the meantime, I'll just be sad with the rest of you that much society seems to enjoy what PH does.

I just tend to ignore the PH stuff -- anything to do with him. Didn't get the PH references in the Kimmel video from yesterday until someone explained it to me, and I think I'm probably just the better for it. I don't have time in my life for that kind of crap.

What makes this most cringeworthy is that it gives the little maggot some semblance of credibility (lord, I need to shower just typing that).

I don't know, people said that about him getting a show on VH1 too. How many episodes did it go? One? Two? Is it even still on? As I said, it is rather sickening, but I still think the best thing is to just ignore the "little maggot."

If there is ANY justice or karma in the universe, this toad will one day get exactly what's coming to him.

And I just HAVE to believe that 'what goes around, comes around' or...

what's the point?

I read this and immediately thought of the movie I saw over the weekend, "No Country for Old Men"....my hubby and I were discussing the meaning of that title (and of the whole movie) for a long time. This latest sign that this current 'country' or society or culture is no place for those who yearn for past sensibilities or a time when a good VOICE won awards (I'm with you, keepingfaith, re: Winehouse and the Grammies) and TALENT gained respect, is disheartening to say the least and absolutely disgusting, if I'm being more honest.

What an embarrassment he and the people who encourage him are. :(

so would a side benefit of him getting this job, if he gets it, that he'd have to give up his little website...not that 3 other roaches wouldn't climb out in his place. I haven't worked for a company yet that you could throw a halo on. Most will cut a corner or two for the bottom line.

And Play I made a deposit at an ATM last year for the pins (it was only 29 for mail orders) and I got a letter telling me I had put in an empty envelop. Now I am absent minded but not that damn absent minded. The person whose check it was told me it had been cashed and she was to mail me a copy but alas I never got it. So they have my freakin' money. Pissed me off.

Ouch! Been there Couchie. When first married, husband was too lazy to wait in line and used a quick deposit boax for our wedding cash - they claimed envelop was empty and he would not pursue it!!! Duh!, of couse with him, the money could have been spent elsewhere...

Anyway, I always deposti directly to a person. The one time when the bank told me I did not give them a check, I hightailed it in there with my deposit slip that had bank teller stuff on it and told them it was their damn loss. Oddly enough, they found the missing check in a few minutes.....Banks, Ha! Do not trust them....I worked for enough. With the ATM, you should have asked to review the tape, they tape all the opening transactions and you have a right to request a review. If you had that check, you could have found out who they wrongly attributed the money to. That was the story they gave me, the money went to the wrong account. I still hold, once it is in there hands, it is not my problem!!

Sorry for the postho....

Piggies show on VH1 went on hiatus and just returned with Mary Blige and Dolly Parton as guests.Probably still low rated, but what ever.

Thanks for the info. Blech.

What an embarrassment he and the people who encourage him are. :(

But now, this brings up an interesting question to me: are WE (Royal) part of the problem? I think he thrives on people hating on him, as much as he thrives on people loving what he does. I know, it's fantastic to rant about what a waste of space the man is. I've done it more than a few times myself. And I know this sounds like censorship (something I'm totally against as a librarian), but I sometimes wish references to him would be ignored. In this case, it's actually kind of funny, if I'm reading this board correctly -- Saint David Foster's company hired him? BWAHAHA! So I guess I can understand it being brought over. But, in my case, I just tend to ignore whenever possible. I know I can't tell people what to say and think though, so I'll just shut up now.

Well there's a difference between ranting (and puking) here on our board, and hitting his site and engaging him. Big difference, IMO.

I have never seen his blog and god-willing never will. I saw him on an E! special about paparazzi once, and that was enough to make me despise him even if I'd never heard the name Clay Aiken.

Had to go into work after all; wasn't too bad driving this morning except that they decided to plow the street right before I left, so it was a little dicey getting out of the driveway. Our database was down all afternoon, so it made for a long day since everything I do is on the computer. Hope it is back up tomorrow...I hate having to look for things to do.

Laughn I am in the suburbs south of Chicago.

Kim