#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Hopefully the people who keep yammering and blathering and adding to the warming of the atmosphere with the marketing-better-than-thou shit will STFU now. But they prolly will say RCA made Clay post that, and continue on their merry joy-killing destructive way.

Actually, who in the business would want to work with them?

Oh boy. Clay posted on OFC and he is some kind of pissed.

I'm skeered!

And I love him right down to my toes.

Oh, WOW! [tm King Arthur] I'd say someone on Team Clay has been reading the boards, because Clay's post is pretty pointed in addressing all the whining about lack of promotion. Seriously, go and read it.

"I stood up when I had to!" (tm CHA)

Holy crap - I would NOT want that man mad at me! He's definitely articulate and definitely pissed. I flat out LOVED that post. Loved it. It's' about time he took some of these people to task. Naturally the worst of them won't accept the post is directed at them. Most especially I was glad he spoke to the RCA issues. WOO HOO.

I haven't found anything yet that I don't love about that man!

Hello FCA peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just wanted to pop in and say how much I love this CD. :wub: TRM is stuck in my head. I claim the world "frail-teeey" as mine, all mine, he's singing to meeeeee! :flirtysmile3: I looooooove SAU, it's hott, it's mine, all mine, he's singing to meeeeee!!!! :flirtysmile3:

I'm not going to any other boards, not reading reviews, not watching TV...nuttin'. I don't think it's my job to worry about numbers or reviews, and I don't think that's what Clay necessarily wants us to do. So I ain't gonna.

Did I mention that he's singing to meeeeeee!!!? :flirtysmile3:

Oh boy. Clay posted on OFC and he is some kind of pissed.

I'm skeered!

And I love him right down to my toes.

If this doesn't shut up the fan experts, then nothing will. I'm sure some heads are exploding as I type.

I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT LOVE HIM MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone pm me what he posted? I forgot to renew my OFC membership. :(

Heh - yup, flew right over the intended heads.

Well unless they are prepared to call Clay a liar - they really need to just shut the fuck up.

God, I would SO do him at this moment. He makes me tingle.

I want to....siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing..... There are you.....There are you...........there are you sweet, pissed-off Claaaaaaaaaaay.

OMG. I am seriously in lust.

Hey you guys think that Clay Aiken guy can fit right in with FCA...hee

LOVE LOVE his post...please those that can read it go ahead and do so.

in a nutshell..he ranted about all the fans blaming the label and publicist. He also said that a lot of problem with booking the shows is that they were pretty late in finishing the recording.

Oh gah...just go and read...totally love the guy...

hee

Hah - it didn't take too many posts over there before someone was asking if it was really him.

And if y'all are doing him - he's going to be too tired to promote. So back off a little, k? :cryingwlaughter:

But seriously, just when I think I couldn't be more impressed with him (UNICEF, Spamalot etc.) he comes out with that post! It just goes to show he really does know what's going on in his fandom or has someone keeping tabs. And that ALSO means either Clay or Team Clay is fully aware who the shit-stirrers are. Somehow that gives me a big ol' smile.

Well unless they are prepared to call Clay a liar - they really need to just shut the fuck up.

They are saying he is just being loyal, and now they are critiquing his post. Didn't make a dent - those are some titanium-plated egos around the fandom.

If this doesn't shut up the fan experts, then nothing will. I'm sure some heads are exploding as I type.

Still barking like seals about what TC should have done.

I'm pretty familiar with Neil Diamond. I saw him in concert in 1967 if that tells you anything! He was huge in his day and his concerts were legendary, but I just don't see it now. It's like Tony Bennett being No. 1 -- and Tony Bennett is a shadow of what he once was. This has to be a nostalgia / sympathy buy for people. His voice left town a long time ago -- unless Rubin has "enhanced" it. It's like Elton John -- nobody was bigger than Elton in the 70's and certainly not Neil Diamond, but Elton's last effort was nowhere near No. 1. There's another dynamic going on here, I'm just not sure what it is.

Neil and Tony and Frank Sinatra (yes I know he is gone now) have something that Clay has - warning, rare schmoopie stuff just ahead - you might say their voices left town, but in the case of Tony and Frank (and Dean, and some others) their voices have not left my heart. No sympathy involved. I believe this is a thing singers might strive for - to build a base of people who love to listen to them, who don't weigh and measure and judge each release.

I'll slap my money down for any of them, or Lucinda, or Leonard Cohen, or Marianne Faithfull, for example, and not even wonder what is on the CD until I listen to it.

Elton John was more about the songs he wrote and his showmanship than about the voice, IMO. It is a great voice that gathers long-term fans.

KF I think this was my point. These artist simply have a fanbase that would buy their CD cos they love them. Since they also tend to be older...that demographic tend to buy more CDs.

They are saying he is just being loyal, and now they are critiquing his post. Didn't make a dent - those are some titanium-plated egos around the fandom.

Well that really does make me want to laugh and laugh. Or dance like a kitty.

You're not foolin' anybody you know (tmTheBigandStrongandHotLancelot). Get on the cart people - your time is up.

Clay Aiken IS THE MAN!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Some fans are really more fans of themselves and what they think as their status within the fandom. They fight against Clay because they think Clay is his worse enemy. They probably beleive that they would've made him a superstar if only he would stop thinking for himself and allow them to control him..

yup they want a puppet not Clay.

:DoClay:

Badly.

My fangirly just went into hyperdrive.

Holy shit.

Someone fan me, or get me a drink or something.

:bier: ....and I need a cigarette to go with it. That man just gets my motor going like nobody's business. :smokelots:

Bolding is mine:

Forty-one years after he first appeared on The Billboard 200, Neil Diamond looks to be on course to earn his first No. 1 album ever on next week's chart as first-day sales of "Home Before Dark" (Columbia) lead the Nielsen SoundScan Building chart released May 7.

Unweighted sales for "Home" from the chart's panel of nine reporters through the close of business Tuesday, May 6, came in at 30,000. A source close to the album projects a first-week start in the neighborhood of 125,000. This week's current No. 1, Madonna's "Hard Candy" (Warner Bros.), may slide to No. 2 or No. 3 next week on The Billboard 200, while new entries from Gavin DeGraw, Clay Aiken, Toby Keith and Josh Groban look headed for top 10 bows.

Projecting sales this week is a bit tricky as shopping for the Mother's Day

holiday on Sunday, May 11, may amplify the demand for certain sets -- like the mom-friendly efforts from Diamond, Aiken, Keith and Groban.

Billboard estimates the merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

Over the course of Diamond's career, he's racked up 45 albums on The

Billboard 200, starting with 1966's "The Feel of Neil Diamond." The recent "American Idol" guest has earned 13 top 10 albums, including his last effort, "12 Songs," which debuted and peaked at No. 4 in late 2005

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003800580

Hi! Just rolled into the drive at 2:00 AM after a whirlwind trip down to New York with the girl-child (who surprised the hell out of me when she said "I took some video of Clay on the roof." Now if she would just come home with her camera I could upload it to my laptop to see what it looks like.) Anyway, we left on the spur of the moment early Saturday morning with one bag each hastily tossed into the trunk of my rental car (the wheel fell of my beater the other day) and 16 hours later we were in the big city with all the bright lights. Forty-eight hours after that.....as they were ringing up those first sales at Virgin in Times Square, we were sitting in northbound traffic on the Henry Hudson Parkway......kicking ourselves for pretending to be sensible and leaving when we did! Found out this morning that she doesn't have to work until Friday night and we came home early for nothing.....well, we have to pack up and move her out of her apartment over the next couple of days but heck.....packing and moving....I KNOW!

But what a great weekend! All worth the 32 hours in the car....the last 7 of which we had "On My Way Here" to keep us company. Sweet!

Do any of you eHP peeps happen to work in the vicinity of the Holman Rd. or West Loop Houston Community College Campuses? I need a huge favor.....I kind of messed something up by blowing off real life to go to New York this weekend and I'm in a bit of a sticky wicket. I need a textbook for my next class and I was going to order it from Amazon....now it's out of stock!. I tried the campus bookstore today but it wasn't exactly a reassuring experience.

So what if it doesn't sell a gazillion copies in the first week. I'll take my album sales like I take my sex, please....did I really say that? Um....so I did. Time to slow and steadily slip back into lurker-dom.

Get on the cart people

BWAH!!!!

I am so far behind and I know there are lots of pretty pictures and interviews and videos out there for me to see. See y'all later!

Oh.....and I guess I missed everyone at O'Lunneys the other night. By the time I showed up everyone was gone and there was just cha cha and a few stragglers walking along 45th Street. The stragglers straggled on home and cha cha and the kid and I went in and had a few more beers. Someday will someone just tie a rope to me and take me to the place I'm supposed to be.....I tend to be an aimless dawdler. I never end where I'm supposed to be at the time I'm supposed to be there.

Now, where does doing him line start.......and do I need a wristband for that, or will these handcuffs be enough?