#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

I kind of dislike those tweet things that tell people where celebrities are in real time. Two days after the fact, bring it on! Right now......not so much.

Wheeeeeeeeeee about the awards presentation! I bet he's excited to present to Tyra, and since I'm on a Grey's Anatomy kick right now (catching up from the beginning, currently on season 2) I am excited that he's presenting with T.R. Knight! :clap: Doesn't sound like they are televised, but hopefully we'll at least get still picture clack!

I am removing the picture because I discovered that it was from Reed's Private Myspace and I don't feel comfortable posting private pictures.

Kim

Apologies if this has been posted... I am not caught up yet:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20265033,00.html

Clay Aiken, T.R. Knight to Present at GLAAD Awards

Originally posted Wednesday March 11, 2009 07:00 PM EDT

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation just added two presenters to its 20th-annual Media Awards celebration: Clay Aiken and T.R. Knight.

Aiken will present the Excellence in Media award to Tyra Banks, recognizing her commitment to featuring lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people on both her talk show and America's Next Top Model. Knight will present the Vito Russo Award to Suze Orman, the best-selling author and CNBC financial guru.

GLAAD's awards will be handed out March 28 at New York City's Marriott Marquis. – Mark Dagostino

Get up-to-the-minute celebrity news and photos on your cellphone, iPhone or Blackberry at www.people.com!

I think its awesome Clay is presenting this to Tyra!

Very cool! How awesome for both of them that HE gets to present it. Couldn't be better. :)

I've read that the GLAAD awards are televised on LOGO (which I don't get) and Bravo (which I do). I can't find confirmation on that yet. I'm pleased as punch that this will be happening! WOOHOO! You go Clay!

While I do have a Twitter account, I really just don't get it. But I do laugh that they call messages using this technology "tweets."

Cute sweatshirt Reed!

Great job on the banner 00lsee!

Spent some time today watching Clack....really enjoyed Goldarngirl and Luckiest1's montages from the Gala. Also watched MOAM from Sterling Heights (amazing) and of course Listen from Sterling heights.

I haven't watched their Gala montages yet. :chair:

Apologies if this has been posted... I am not caught up yet:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20265033,00.html

Originally posted Wednesday March 11, 2009 07:00 PM EDT

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation just added two presenters to its 20th-annual Media Awards celebration: Clay Aiken and T.R. Knight.

Aiken will present the Excellence in Media award to Tyra Banks, recognizing her commitment to featuring lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people on both her talk show and America's Next Top Model. Knight will present the Vito Russo Award to Suze Orman, the best-selling author and CNBC financial guru.

GLAAD's awards will be handed out March 28 at New York City's Marriott Marquis. – Mark Dagostino

Get up-to-the-minute celebrity news and photos on your cellphone, iPhone or Blackberry at www.people.com!

I think its awesome Clay is presenting this to Tyra!

Well, he ain't hiding no mo' is he?

Great news about Clay being at the awards show...something more to add to the countdown!

Random Clay sighting from Canuck at CV:

I FINALLY got a "tweet" to share:

annieg917: Spotted: clay aiken at will ferrell show on broadway

2 minutes ago from TwitterBerry · Reply · View Tweet

Anyone know what show Will Ferrell is in?

Kim

I see that it's a political show where Will Ferrell is taking on George Bush.

Does kinda sound like something Clay would be interested in seeing.

one of these days I will really guess who Canfly is :)

What the heck you tawkinboutwillis?

canfly is canfly wherever canfly goes on every single board that she posts on. :shrug:

This is from the OC...not sure where they got it from, but I like the sweatshirt:

I own the same sweetshirt :) & also one in grey

Here are news about the Gladd awards

LOS ANGELES -- For the third year running, ABC leads nominees for awards from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. The network earned six nominations for the 20th annual GLAAD Media Awards, with Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty among its contenders.

The awards recognize fair and inclusive portrayals of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community and issues affecting them.

"How our lives are portrayed in the media doesn't make a bit of difference, it makes all the difference," said GLAAD president Neil G. Giuliano.

The organization announced its 185 nominees in 41 categories Tuesday.

CBS earned four nominations and NBC nabbed two. Nominees for feature film in wide release include Brideshead Revisited, Milk, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, RocknRolla and Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

"The nominees this year prove that the stories of LGBT Americans are interesting, compelling and will touch not only LGBT audiences, but broader audiences as well," Giuliano said.

Special prizes will be presented to Tyra Banks and Suze Orman. Banks will receive the Excellence in Media award, and Orman will receive the Vito Russo award.

The GLAAD Media Awards -- which also recognize magazine and newspaper content, theatre performances, advertising and Spanish programming -- will be presented at three separate ceremonies: in New York on March 28, in Los Angeles on April 19 and in San Francisco on May 9.

-- The Associated Press

Glad that he's presenting the award to Tyra -- wow! It's a great award both to present and to receive!!! :clap:

canfly is canfly wherever canfly goes on every single board that she posts on. :shrug:

I'll vouch for canfly -- there's only one of her *hears justclay12 mutter 'thank goodness!' under her breath*. And I there's only one of me on every board too except the OFC (bec. I wanted 2 of the loot -- still Scarlett on both though).

I own the same sweetshirt :) & also one in grey

How about a picture?

This is from the OC...not sure where they got it from, but I like the sweatshirt:

:cryingwlaughter: ....WTH is the OC??.....

OC is Openly Clay.

Now we know why Clay was going to NYC. He hadda return the sweatshirt, lol.

QUOTE (tribeca @ Mar 11 2009, 07:52 PM)

I own the same sweetshirt & also one in grey

How about a picture?

can't post it here

Don't want you owning my likeness in case I become famous one day.

So are you Scarlett & Scarlett1?

do you think there will be people upset that Clay is going to be giving this award? I am not but I remember reading some people were worried that the OFC would turn into a gay eccentric board.

I'll vouch for canfly -- there's only one of her
:hello:

*hears justclay12 mutter 'thank goodness!' under her breath*.

:hahaha:

I mean...

:hissy:

Everybody thinks she's so damned cute and everything but every once in awhile she deserves a smack upside the head!

smack.gif

What's a gay centric board :cryingwlaughter:

Yay happy that he is presenting this award to Tyra..because they do really seem to be friends. I liked that they clicked so much that day and have remained friends since. Well it seems that way to me anyhow.

do you think there will be people upset that Clay is going to be giving this award? I am not but I remember reading some people were worried that the OFC would turn into a gay eccentric board.

Eccentric or centric? :cryingwlaughter:

I really don't care if people get upset.....as long as they don't post here. :)

The Tyra show was one of the best shows ever! Off to watch it again. To heck with house stuff!

Since Scarlett has slept with about everyone here this must be a Gay-centric board :cryingwlaughter:

Eccentric or centric? :cryingwlaughter:

I really don't care if people get upset.....as long as they don't post here. :)

sorry my English ain't too good. I was wondering what everyones thoughts were.

OMG a friend from JUNIOR HIGH and high school...and we lived together our first year of college contacted me on Facebook. LOL...OMG I'll crack up if she lives 20 minutes away from me. And it's so funny cuz I just mentioned her on one of those silly quizzes that asked who was your first roommate. bwah. I haven't seen her in 20 years.

I honestly am not sure what you mean Tribeca. A board can't be gaycentric unless everybody is suddenly gay and we're all talking about being gay 24/7 or if you mean Clay -- then if him being gay was the only thing about him to talk about then it would be gay centric but since he's a singer and actor and a humanitarian and cute and has a new hairstyle every week I just don't see how that's possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone is upset that any gay is mentioned at all but then again it's Clay and someone is mad if he doesn't wear the right shirt. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: hmmm I'm not sure if Scarlett and I have officially slept together but I've slept with people that she's slept with so I think I get credit.

Oh and keep your fingers crossed -- a couple of job possibilities are floating around - and I'm learning more and more it's not what you know but WHO you know.

QUOTE (tribeca @ Mar 11 2009, 07:52 PM)

I own the same sweetshirt & also one in grey

<<How about a picture? >>

can't post it here

Don't want you owning my likeness in case I become famous one day.

So are you Scarlett & Scarlett1?

It's only the OFC that grabs ownership of items posted on it. FCA doesn't do that. I don't think we try to own anything. Couchie?

There can't be too many Scarletts on the OFC. So... who are you there?

There will never be a single nanosecond of time when not a single person on earth is upset with Clay. He can brush his teeth, blog or not blog, go to sleep, anything. Even if he either presents or receives the Nobel Peace Prize someday, someone will be upset -- perhaps some victim of dynamite-fishing or coral reef advocates who are upset at Nobel & his family. Are they worth the bandwidth and screen pixels we will use to say how ridiculous they are? No.

ETA: *waves back at canfly*

well I am not sure I know what I am talking about either :lol:

but I did see people post that on the OFC.

On AI boards there were always arguments about Clay being gay (I never got involved in them). There were people who posted HE'S NOT GAY and would fight & fight that he wasn't. Now those same people post about gay rights and have changed everything (which is good but to me kind of doesn't sound real because they just changed so drastically).

ETA

Scarlet you were typing when I was. I don't know if I should tell you who I am there. I posted there that I thought the fan club should have more focus on Clay's music & I got a PM that told me I should leave the board & that I had an agenda & was not a good fan. That was way too long of a sentence.

On AI boards there were always arguments about Clay being gay (I never got involved in them). There were people who posted HE'S NOT GAY and would fight & fight that he wasn't. Now those same people post about gay rights and have changed everything (which is good but to me kind of doesn't sound real because they just changed so drastically).

For me, it has always been about his right to self-identify. And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Gay-centric?

:laugh2:

For some reason that gives me a mental image of Clay in the middle of a group of people who are holding hands and going "La-la-la"... :shrug: I have strange thoughts. :D