#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

In the picture below there are more than 100 known world personalities... look carefully ...

If you can recognize at least 25 of them, then consider yourself a fairly well cultured individual.

findpeople.jpg

EYATA:

If you like Pavarotti, you'll love this... no he's not singing, he's just being adorably funny!

sorry canfly... hit the aA button -- bold itallic underline aA

the strikethrough is an option there.

Hmmmmm...OK...zat's EZ. Thanks Tomatolady!!! :confetti-1:

Even Justclay should be able to do THAT.... Oh wait...nevermind...what am I THINKING? She can't even quote yet. :rolleyes:

Trying out the sub-script and superscript options

It's a good thing other people know how to do that stuff, cuz you know me, I just learned how to do the emotes.

Yeah and ya still can't follow quoting directions.

:dan:

Err I use the little button that has two As on it( next to the yellow smiley face) directly above the first row of typing.

Is that what you mean?

It will also and do this

Oh and thank you too merrieeee! I just went back a few posts! :thankyou:

sorry canfly... hit the aA button -- bold itallic underline aA

the strikethrough is an option there.

Hmmmmm...OK...zat's EZ. Thanks Tomatolady!!! :confetti-1:

Even Justclay should be able to do THAT.... Oh wait...nevermind...what am I THINKING? She can't even quote yet. :rolleyes:

Trying out the sub-script and superscript options

It's a good thing other people know how to do that stuff, cuz you know me, I just learned how to do the emotes.

Yeah and ya still can't follow quoting directions.

:dan:

Well, if you wouldn't put all that other damned shit in the instructions, I might figure it out. Not that I'd do it, cuz if it involves too many steps, it's just not worth it.

Good Morning Everyone,

10 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

21 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available! :yahoo:

29 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

lilyshine, those books are beatiful!! I'd certainly be interested in a journal or something like that!

I did some (simple) marbling at one point for a class I was in, and really enjoyed it. I had marbled everything as I didn't want to waste the ingredients. :lol:

ETA: Scarlett, I'm going to a dyeing class tonight.....really looking forward to it.

Can someone explain to me why those pictures aren't allowed to be posted at the OFC. I am confused by that (I get confused a lot).

Thanks Canfly for asking all this questions.

I'm not totally sure of all the details, but one of the things about posting things at the OFC is that once you do, the pictures become "the property" of the OFC. If you don't want the OFC to "own" your pictures, you probably shouldn't do it. I don't think I can go into any more detail than that, because I don't know myself!

Have these been on this page yet?

20090308_JFK_01.jpg

20090308_JFK_02.jpg

20090308_JFK_03.jpg

20090308_JFK_04.jpg

One of the things that makes me laugh and :wub: about those pictures, is I see he has the same problem with his earphone cord that I do :lol: It gets all wound around between your ears and the centre connector and you end up getting strangled by it! :lol: If I didn't know better, on a quick glance it looks like he's wearing a cowboy hat with a string and a whistle. :hysterical:

Those look just like the ear thingies he wears on stage so he may have to wear the cord like that.

I think he looks just so ......Oh I don't know maybe........cute. Yeah that's it! He is just CUTE!

SAY WHAT? He's WHAT? I think I missed it before... :D

SAY WHAT? He's WHAT? I think I missed it before... :D

CUTE ICG.gif

:icon_smile_feedback:

Totally off topic, but does anyone know how to get coffee stains out of beige carpet?! I know I can Google, but wanted to see if anyone has a tried & true method...

Those look just like the ear thingies he wears on stage so he may have to wear the cord like that.

I think he looks just so ......Oh I don't know maybe........cute. Yeah that's it!
He is just CUTE!

Do guys in England mind being called cute? Just trying to remember ....

When I was about 19, I told my BF he was cute and the angry glare I got cured me for life. I told a girl friend about it and she almost yelled "OH NO, they HATE that"... I have never again dared to describe a guy as cute, and I can't even do it on this board although it's almost compulsory to do so when talking about our man....! (Wait, maybe I have once... and I felt strange doing it....) Over here in Oz, cute is what you'd call a puppy or a baby or small child, but NEVER EVER a man. Aussie guys like to have a macho image ...

ETA: :cryingwlaughter: annabear, you posted while I was typing this post!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Personally, I think "cute" is for puppies and kittens and other fuzzy-wuzzies, but I don't think Clay would mind (other than being baffled at us crazy folk!). Those pictures bring words like "handsome" and "oh my God look at that jawline!" to my mind. :lol:

Those pictures bring words like "handsome" and "oh my God look at that jawline!" to my mind.

Quite frankly those are not the first words that come to mind when see pictures of him. IYKWIMAITYD (Hee)

IYKWIMAITYD

Oooh! OOOOOH!

:pickme:

I know what that means (this is for the benefit of all you acronym-baffled Clay fans! ;)--"If You Know What I Mean And I Think You Do"--said, of course with a :sleezy:

And yes, merrieee....as I'm sure you already suspected, I certainly do KWYM! :hubbahubba:

Hey all - did ja miss me? :) I've been here lurking, but I had to skip about 20 pages so I am not up on everything.

Love those new pictures!! I wonder who shot them?

Seeing Clay with his ipod makes me wonder if he's listening to new posibilities for another album.

This post brought to you by Speculations R Us!

lilyshine - Love the book-binding!! They're beautiful! Does it require a lot of expensive equipment?

muski - when you said George Martin, it made me think of the Beatles' producer.

oh goodie, top o' the page!

THEY took the cake? Dammit! I want it baaack!!!

No no no the cake was left out in the rain

OMG...*sniff*...and I'll never have that recipe again!

cry4.gif

00lsee... merrieeee... BWAH!!! :hahaha:

What a nice hobby, lilyshine! Do you sometimes make your own paper too? Some of the NGO's back home used to do that as fundraisers - maybe you could help start or organize one for TBAF! Beautifully textured journals and blank books / travel logs would probably appeal to the TBAF donor profile group.

I don't make my own paper. I use a light (50-70lb.) drawing paper for the text and decorative papers for the endpapers and covers. I'd be happy to donate one to TBAF if you think there would be any interest.

Here are some I made last month.

th_Jan2009set.jpg

The last one has paper I marbled on the cover. Some have old engravings as frontispieces. No, I didn't destory any books - the books had already lost their covers and parts of the text blocks.

lilyshine... what is the easiest way to learn to do journal making... I would love to learn. Yours are great! :clap::clap:

Boyfriend looks G.R.E.A.T. He must have felt pretty safe to be outside waiting for a cab/ride without Jerome. It must feel funny when you know someone is taking your picture and you have to just ignore them. He did a fine job of ignoring and looking CUTE at the same time. :cryingwlaughter:

cha cha.... good to see you back! Hope you stay delurked! My speculation is that he's watching that YouTube of Reed dancing that someone somewhere ripped for him... :hahaha:

OK - just came up with my 3 fave romantic songs...

"And I Love Her" - The Beatles (Paul!) - either AHDN version, Geo Martin instrumental version is to die for!

"Unchained Melody" was always a fave - remember it being featured as Paula's 'song' on Cheers?

"To Catch the Wind" - Donovan - the most poetic song about unrequited love out there - hands down!

(I heard it on a commercial recently, what's up with that?)

:hello: Thanks liney!

I don't think this has been posted here yet, from the CH:

aroundwellington.net

Buble/Aiken Foundation Golf Tournament a Big Success

The article is on page 32 of the magazine, page 34 of the pdf file

Bubel/Aiken Foundation Golf Tournament

Big Success by Glenn R. Swift, Photo by Alicia Donelan

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation's Second Annual Golfing for Inclusion tournament was held at Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens on January 26. By all accounts the event was asmashing success.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation is a charitable organization founded in 2003 by pop singer and American Idol star Clay Aiken and Diane Bubel to promote the inclusion of children with disabilities in activities with their non-disabled peers.

"Our goal is to bridge the gap between young people with special needs and the world around them," said Aiken. "We support communities with inclusive programs and help to create awareness about the possibilities that inclusion can bring."

Long before his leap to fame and fortune with American Idol, Aiken found his interest in special education while directing YMCA children's camps as a teenager. By age 20, he served as a substitute teacher at Brentwood Elementary School in Raleigh, North Carolina for a classroom of students with autism.

Two years later while attending college at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC), he took a part-time job as an assistant to a boy with autism. It was this child's mother, Diane Bubel, who urged him to audition for American Idol.

Interestingly, Aiken initially developed the concept of the Foundation as a project to complete credit hours needed for graduation from UNCC. Aiken began working on the organization and setup of the Foundation during the time that he was competing on American Idol and touring over the summer.

After receiving $50,000 in donations to the as-yet non-existent organization, Aiken decided to follow through and make the organization a reality.

On July 28, 2003, just two months after the end of the blockbuster show's competition, Aiken announced the creation of the Foundation.

"I first became involved in working with children with disabilities in a roundabout way at the local YMCA, but from the beginning I became very aware of the problems facing the organizations that were trying to help the kids. Most programs were understaffed and underfunded, and I felt strongly that these kids deserved better."

Thanks to Aiken and a host of committed coworkers and volunteers, thousands of children with disabilities of all kinds are getting the assistance they need to become happy, productive members of society. "We are paving the road for a world where young people with developmental disabilities are totally immersed in all that life has to offer. The desegregation of programs, jobs, services and educational opportunities will benefit children with and without special needs. We will break down barriers that divide by helping families obtain the services, support and financial assistance that makes full inclusion possible. We will work to educate the public and motivate society to move toward full inclusion as a way of life."

lilyshine - Love the book-binding!! They're beautiful! Does it require a lot of expensive equipment?

To do it properly - yes - it does need a lot of equipment. However, a pile of bricks can be substituted for a bookpress and you don't really need a sewing frame and other adaptations can be made. The one essential is a paper cutter strong enough to cut binders' board and it must be able to cut absolutely square corners.

lilyshine... what is the easiest way to learn to do journal making.

I make books in the traditional way - folded signatures sewn over linen tapes and bound in in cloth/paper covered boards. There are lots of places around the country that give workshops. I first learned at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC and have recently taken classes at the Campbell Folk School in North Carolina.

There are lots of places that teach "quick & dirty" ways of putting pages together that are fun and useful if you don't want to get too involved.

I teach a class and the universal response is, "I didn't think it would be so complicated."