#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Great news always comes when I'm out! I spent some time with DD who just flew in (& out -- I love living near the airport) because this year she volunteered to spend Spring Break working on setting up a new training center, and so we won't have a whole week to hang. :( However, it's so nice to hope that he might be on TV again -- I think TV's were invented so that he could sing on TV shows.

tribeca, I'm sorry about the acronyms. ICMYLM - I Can't Make You Love Me. Please feel free to comment about it even days later.

Whoa.... Has anyone else seen the Clay in drag clip? It's on YouTube HERE, but it looks like it comes from some larger interview...

Hee, sorry about that ldyj, I'm there now!

Worried about Clay? Not even a little bit. I think he has a pretty full plate right now, what with Jaymes and Parker and Reed (IIT hee) and the BAF and Unicef and who knows what else going on. He'll surface when he's ready. Does that mean he'll surface as soon as I want him to? I doubt it!

Whoa.... Has anyone else seen the Clay in drag clip? It's on YouTube HERE, but it looks like it comes from some larger interview...

That clip is from when he was doing Hometown Connection in NC...he was maybe 19-20.

Kim

FromClaygary... did they give you any reason why it was considered not appropriate??? I mean kids wrote it and did the illustrations. That is seriously wacked! I am giving them to my grandchildren's school teachers when they get to third grade. That hasn't happened yet, so don't know if it will work or not.

No....and honestly, I think the person I was speaking to really had no clue~she was just making up something that sounded good at the time.

I know many people hate the "Am I the only one..." questions, but in this case: am I the only one who isn't that concerned right now that we're not hearing Clay career news? I am just SO not worried about him...considering I really don't know him, first of all. But also, I just have faith in the man, and will take whatever he gives me. (Hey muski, that was for you!)

I'm not worried! But, honestly....I DO wish people would not make every second comment on his blogs or on the OFC board something like..."hope you're going to sing to me soon" or "when are you coming out of hiding" or some such. Would YOU like it if your boss called you every.single.freakin'.day while you were on vacation and said "I hope you're coming back soon"? I don't think so.

For God's sakes, let him rest and enjoy his time off as much as he is able.

And, by the way....it's only been 5 weeks! He was at GFI Jan. 26th....:)

Many libraries (mine included) have very structured collection development policies. We do take donations but unless there is local interest (author or subject) or it is a current best-seller with a waiting list most donations go either to our book-sale or recycling. Neither of those options is bad. The book sale generates money for our summer reading programs and recycling keeps it out of the landfill. :)

All in your interpretation, I guess.....to me, a brand new book which I've paid $20+ for going direct to the garbage bin is NOT a benefit to anyone. :shrug: So, as I said, I simply will not be donating any more books to the library. Simple.

That clip is from when he was doing Hometown Connection in NC...he was maybe 19-20.

Kim

And the "larger interview" it comes from is actually a piece on Clay's Mom Faye. CBS This Morning did a week long thing saluting Moms -- I think this was in 2004. I'm looking to see if I can find the original piece....

Found it! From Clack Unlimited (please right click and save, no streaming please!): CBS Early Show: Mom Rocks!

Many libraries (mine included) have very structured collection development policies. We do take donations but unless there is local interest (author or subject) or it is a current best-seller with a waiting list most donations go either to our book-sale or recycling. Neither of those options is bad. The book sale generates money for our summer reading programs and recycling keeps it out of the landfill. :)

All in your interpretation, I guess.....to me, a brand new book which I've paid $20+ for going direct to the garbage bin is NOT a benefit to anyone. :shrug: So, as I said, I simply will not be donating any more books to the library. Simple.

Again, interpretation. If the majority of the books that got donated to the library where truly, as you say, "brand new" we may have a different policy. You have no idea the amount of stuff people try to donate. I've had six boxes of crap pulled directly out of grandma's attic that I was assured were all new and in good condition. I've had boxes of books donated that had mouse droppings and smelled of cat pee. We are a 12 branch system and we have volunteers who do nothing but go through donations. You just have to draw lines somewhere. We just don't have the staff resources to deal with everyone's surplus stuff. For the record, Goodwill doesn't exactly take just anything anymore either.

If you were donating a brand new book the chances are it would not be going to recycling. It would either be added to our collection as a duplicate or go to our book sale. If it went to the booksale someone would buy it or it would be stored until the next sale. If someone buys it, the money goes to our Summer Reading program for the next generation of readers unencumbered by city funding restrictions. And who knows? That person may donate it back for the next booksale and we'd get to sell it again. We're lucky to have the space to keep salable books for the next sale. Nobody is trashing brand new books, but honestly, some books need to go to recycling. Not to mention that the paper recycling program we use is run by and for disabled adults. It's how they make a living.

Hee, I guess I asked a silly question, huh? Thanks for finding the rest of the interview, ldyjocelyn!

I am president of our Friends of the Library and we put on the book sales. We get a lot of new books that we sale. The library may occassionally add some to their shelves but mostly we get them. The money we generate helps us but on our childrens parties and we buy needed supplies for the library. We have bought in the last year paperback book towers to display them, a beautiful large floor model globe, new sorting carts, a lap top people can use in their meetings, large print books, audio books, children and young adult books, and in looking into putting outside an area to read in. We appreciate all donated books. The only ones we discard are usually old textbooks, magazines, or encylopedias that people do not want. If we can we also give the left over books to womens shelters, senior citizens centers, and salvation army who distribute them.

I also do not worry about Clay, he will do just fine.

Hee, I guess I asked a silly question, huh? Thanks for finding the rest of the interview, ldyjocelyn!

That wasn't a silly question clazy. I have a horrible memory when it comes to pinpointing where something comes from so I always like it when someone asks about something that I've forgotten about so I can go check it out.

I am actually the one alone because I am worried but to be fair I am a worrier. Always have been. It's just who I am.

Okay, I have been hoping all season that Clay will make an appearance on Idol. Have watched the show since season 1 but have not liked this season at all. In fact right now I think I am watching out of habit & just hoping that Clay shows up. The sure have said his name enough.

When Simon compared that singer to Clay

Kara said yeah with- don't remember exact word but it meant excitement. She wasn't even on AI when Clay was! She did co-wrote the Way but still be quiet Kara!

Always check on eBay before donating your books. The town I live in when the library has it's big book sale you should see the dealers who show up early.

One day when I was there an elderly lady was trying to donate her books & the librarian told her each of her books were worth $75.00 and if she could find the easel's they were sold on some were worth over $200.00. She would have never known if not for the kind librian.

I am actually the one alone because I am worried but to be fair I am a worrier. Always have been. It's just who I am.
*hands tribeca some worry beads and sits down beside her* I'll try to worry a little just so you won't be alone. Besides I enjoy holding the beads.

ETA: I would've said fingering the beads but Muski would've pounced on that like anything. BTW, you do understand that we just smut for fun and have been doing it for years -- nothing meant, truly! (I'm referring to that 69 thing from a couple of weeks back)

Just to beat a dead gerbil one more time :lol: re the books....you live and learn! I thought I was doing a good thing by donating the book so more children would be exposed to the idea of inclusion through a book they could enjoy reading.

Next time I'll just make sure before donating, that I'm donating to someplace that is able to appreciate the donation. Never occured to me by donating I was being a PITA!

...and just for the record, I don't have an attic to store my books in, wouldn't if I did....and I don't pee on them either! :hysterical:

FromClaygary -- don't worry about it, and you shouldn't consider it being a PITA! It sounds to me that the library didn't quite know what to do with the book. For some reason, they felt it didn't fit their collection. *shrug* But some good still came out of it, and hopefully some kid bought it and learned!

From the CH:

Canuck2010 at CV found another Tweet posted four hours before the previous one was posted.

Clusterfly21: Charles boyd, clay aiken, paula abdul, hotdogs and a burlesque dancer...just another saturday night ladies and gents

about 15 hours ago from TwitterBerry · Reply · View Tweet

Interesting combination there -- AI combined with junk food and dancing. Hee.

*hands tribeca some worry beads and sits down beside her* I'll try to worry a little just so you won't be alone. Besides I enjoy holding the beads.

ETA: I would've said fingering the beads but Muski would've pounced on that like anything. BTW, you do understand that we just smut for fun and have been doing it for years -- nothing meant, truly! (I'm referring to that 69 thing from a couple of weeks back)

Yes, I figured out the smutting thing the second day I posted here :)

it all seems in good fun.

I am more of a romantic although you do need some smut for a good romance.

There is always a problem with the ebay sellers and the local used book stores. We try very hard on the first night of the sale to limit anyone to 100 books. We do really well because in a five day period for our sale we usually sell about 10,000 to 15,000 books. For the last thirty years we have sold all books for $.25 and for the first time this May we are going up to $.50. We may regret this but we are going to try.

There is always a problem with the ebay sellers and the local used book stores. We try very hard on the first night of the sale to limit anyone to 100 books. We do really well because in a five day period for our sale we usually sell about 10,000 to 15,000 books. For the last thirty years we have sold all books for $.25 and for the first time this May we are going up to $.50. We may regret this but we are going to try.

We sell hardbacks for $1.00 and paperbacks for $.50. We do fine :)

Yes, I figured out the smutting thing the second day I posted here

What is this "smut" word of which you post? I have no idea what that could possibly be! I'm more of an inuendo person myself! :believeitornot:

And thanks for asking that question clayzycoffin. I had not seen this video before.

As for worrying about Clay. I'm not worried, just impatient. I would hate to miss seeing him should he tour this summer but I do have to make summer plans now.

My two little grand daughters spent the weekend with me so I was not able to read much on line and did not have time to respond to Scarlett's questions about who do I trust when it comes to news.

I have learned to take all news with a handful of salt. Over the years I have seen how news has been slanted, buried, ignored by major news media both print and television. I've witnessed the dumbing down of news and the concentration of celebrity news to the detriment to what is really important.

As for news about Clay...if he or his representatives report it on OFC, I'll believe it. If I hear directly from one of my friends who are fans of Clay I would probably believe it. Altho when one fan who does not post here told me that the scar on his chin came from liposuction I just mentally snorted.

Oh I am tired...must get to bed early tonite..Nana is not used to having the little ones by herself for 48hours.

From Walmart.com

no picture available :(

Playlist: The Very Best Of Clay Aiken

$10.88

List Price: $13.98

You Save: $3.10 (22%)

Not Sold Online

In Stock

Coming Soon

Preorders Sold OutOut of Stock Online

Not Sold Online

This item is being discontinued. Availability is limited.

Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 03/31/2009

Please check back on or after 03/31/2009.

We can email you when it is back:

Delivery OptionsLearn More

• Available only using:

• - Free shipping to store.

• Site to Store Express - Twice as Fast

• - As a member , you

get it twice as fast.

• Site to Store Express not available for this item

• Ship to home is not available.

• Ship to home

Information not available. Check store for availability. Learn More

Information not available. Check store for availability. Learn More

Not Sold in Stores

Yes, I figured out the smutting thing the second day I posted here

What is this "smut" word of which you post? I have no idea what that could possibly be! I'm more of an inuendo person myself! :believeitornot:

:cryingwlaughter: LOL merrieeee! tribeca, just started posting on Dec. 29 2008 so she's covered. What's your excuse? ROTFL! And after hosting dozens of those fun eHP parties too!!!

But I agree with merrieeee that smut is not a requirement for romance; it's just fun to have around. Take "Casablanca", for example, which is inching its way up to the top of my pile. And I could classify Mr. Smith goes to Washington as romantic. If it had been released in any year except 1939, it would probably have made it to my top 3.

Anyone up for another set of questions? Clay connection -- we can send these to the Salamanders as suggestions for next Halloween's photoshops!

- Top 3 most romantic movies

- Top 3 most romantic books

- Top 3 most romantic songs

(it's probably bedtime for everyone but at least this'll be here in the morning!)

ETA: Thanks for the heads up on the Walmart orders, tribeca! I'm covered on Amazon but I'm almost tempted to go for extras.

When to Merieee say she didn't need smut in her romance? I missed that post.

I had seen part of the Clay in drag but never knew why/what/when I figured I should leave it alone. Shows what I know LOL.

Scarlett

love Casablanca. Mr. & Mrs. Smith not so much.

need more time to think about the rest of your questions. Although I always loved the chessey movie While you were sleeping.