#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

i wish people would type out the words

sometimes I have no clue what anyone is talking about. Then when I finally figure it out & have something totally amazing, witty and intelligent to post someone will post a picture of rodent on wheel.

Smitten

that was very nice of you to offer to buy a cd for people who are financial struggling.

aikim

Speaking only for my library...but if you look at our statistics; the highest rating circulation items are DVD's, CD's, Video Games and Electronic Books...sad to say, it doesn't seem like books are that popular anymore...I can't imagine anything more pleasant than curling up on the couch, wrapped in an afghan reading a book. Don't think an electronic book would give me the same pleasure.

At my local library, I've noticed fewer and fewer people browsing the bookshelves. Now they're at the computer section, browsing the net....

spikesmom

And I love books - I can't get enough of them... I enjoy books on tape but always feel like I'm cheating on my eyes with my ears.

When I discovered audio books, I couldn't get enough of them because it meant that I could "read" while I was doing tedious things like cleaning or ironing or even taking the laundry out to my solar-powered clothes dryer ... :P

Bookwhore

... I have a Kindle and wouldn't give it up for anything! I just LOVE it! I can get books a lot cheaper than buying hard copies, no trip to the bookstore, no waiting list. They're downloaded instantly. Plus that feature of being able to adjust the font size with a click is priceless.

Thanks for mentioning that, it is definitely on my WANTED list but I am not in a hurry for it yet because I still love turning the pages of a "real" book!

I feel rather "sorry" for today's kids, some of them consider reading a chore, something they HAVE to do as homework rather than something to look forward to. I won't tolerate literary snobs either - I spoke two other languages before I spoke a word of English and Enid Blyton just so happened to be the author of the first book I read in English and, after that, there was no stopping me. I am grateful to EB for making a difference at a time when it counted. As a child, I was not able to fall asleep unless I had something to read first.

oh and Bookwhore, this remains my favorite post in the LAUGHTER thread:

Announcing the New Built-in Orderly Organized Knowledge Device, Otherwise Known as the BOOK!

It's a revolutionary breakthrough in technology: no wires, no electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It's so easy to use even a child can operate it. Just life its cover. Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere--even sitting in an armchair by the fire--yet it is powerful enough to hold as much information as a CD-ROM.

Here's how it works: each BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information. These pages are locked together with a custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence. By using both sides of each sheet, manufacturers are able to cut costs in half.

Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain. A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet. The book may be taken up at any time and used by merely opening it. The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and move forward and backward as you wish. Most come with an "index" feature, which pinpoints the exact location of any selected information for instant retrieval.

An optional "BOOKmark" accessory allows you to open the BOOK to the exact place you left it in a previous session--even if the BOOK has been closed. BOOKmarks fit universal design standards; thus a single BOOKmark can be used in BOOKs by various manufacturers.

Portable, durable and affordable, the BOOK is the entertainment wave of the future, an many new titles are expected soon, due to the surge in popularity of its programming tool, the Portable Erasable-Nib Cryptic Intercommunication Language Stylus...

When I hear the saying "the best things in life are free", I always think of the library, it is the most wonderful environment and in my next life, I am definitely coming back as a librarian.

A room without books is as a body without a soul
Cicero

ETA: For anyone who doesn't like dogs, look what you're missing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0R0yYww_c

I HIGHLY doubt any of those are real, canfly. I think he'd be a leeetle more subtle than that.

I fixed the link, so it didn't look like gobbledy gook. That's the one with over 4,000 fans and it doesn't allow for "friends".

ETA: OFC has confirmed it's real.

Ahhh, his MUSIC site! The ones you linked previously were personal sites ALL named Clay Aiken! :cryingwlaughter: About 8-10 of them... Ye gods.

Ooopsies. I guess that's why there were funky symbols there before cuz I must have accidentally copied the link for the page that I found the one with 4,000 fans on it and then when I went to make it a link I must have copied the url for the page that I got when I searched Clay Aiken to find the page. I dunno. Ah wells...it's fixed now.

I agree it's a good way for an artist to get their music out there -- THE ARTIST. Clay doesn't seem to be using it for that. To me his site is private even if it's found so I won't be going there unless he starts using it as a marketing tool.

I wasn't talking about his private site. I was talking about the public one. I wanted to check that it was real and I was told that OFC has confirmed it. It's the one that CANN was trying to get people to add themselves to and people are saying that he SHOULD be using it as a marketing tool.

Bigger. Can we get that bigger? Huh? Huh?

canfly, darling...of COURSE you can! That pointy Clay pic I posted is dickable clickable, honey!

:bolt:

It's really not that confusing. There are individual's pages on Facebook (like you or me or the poser) and for those, you have to be their 'friend' to see their content. I am not stupid or naive enough to think Clay Aiken is ever going to be my 'friend', so I would not have been duped into that if said friendship had been offered (which it wasn't). However, there are also pages of musicians and actors and athletes who you can be a 'fan' of. They usually look pretty professionally done, and there is no personal content there, there are usually just links to public articles about the celebrity and maybe a schedule of public appearances......stuff like that. I am a fan of Clay Aiken so I joined that page. I am a fan of the movie 'Milk' so I joined that page too. No biggie.

I love physical books. I have hundreds and hundreds of them, many packed away in boxes waiting for me to purchase enough shelving. I have researched the Kindle and it looks way cool, but I'm not ready to give up my books for it. Since it's out of my price range, I don't have to. :imgtongue:

Canfly.. I've already confirmed my total and utter confusion over the entire Clay facebook issue.. somebody let me know when the official page is an actual happening and I'll think about it then. Until then I'll stick with stalking searching for old friends. Thanks for the pretties. I love decoration.

Ah books. I remember them. I used to be an avid reader and now I'm not. Now that I'm soccer aunt I've forged out a few hours here and there waiting for the kids to finish their activities to read a little bit.

There are a lot of librarians here. Do libraries still take donations or should I just give my books to goodwill or some other organization like that.

Claytonic I've thought about doing the audiobook thing. Is it distracting while driving though? The only audiobook I have is Learning to Sing. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Thanks Lucky. I was wondering what the fan page was all about. So you just click that you're a fan of..and then other people can see you're a fan of and that's it. I assume there is a place where people can see all the things you are a fan of.

I'm up and watching this movie with Beyonce. Has anyone ever seen her in a movie where you forget she is Beyonce? It's like she's playing dress up.

Good Morning Everyone,

Couchie Yes, Libraries still take donations.

12 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

23 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

:yahoo:

31 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Claytonic I've thought about doing the audiobook thing. Is it distracting while driving though? The only audiobook I have is Learning to Sing.
:cryingwlaughter:

It's a funny thing, some people love them, others hate them. They are great company if you are driving a long distance on your own. Otherwise, the other person/s in the car are gonna be talking to you.. and that doesn't work!

Audio books CAN be a bit tricky because the storyline tends to get lost if you are distracted in any way.

Generally, what tends to work really well is lectures/ presentations, by the author. For example, periodically, I listen to Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Carolyn Myss, Edgar Cayce, etc. I'd go through various stages of exploring new-age philosophy. Also love listening to the wit and wisdom of the Dalai Lama, love his giggle!. If I am distracted, it doesn't really matter because I listen to them more than once as very often, something is said that I want to hear again, or take notes.

I no longer buy audio books because it is so easy to borrow CDs from the library. What I do is to immediately rip them to my harddrive, then return the CDs to the library. That way, they are quickly available for someone else but the BIG PLUS is they are no longer cluttering up my space and there is no chance of the CDs getting lost.. I then transfer the files to my ipod to listen. The last audio story book I tried to listen to was Wild Swans, but it was soooo long that I never finished it, then lost interest. One of the things I like about audio books is that my eyes can get really tired from the computer screen so it is a way to give my eyes a break. I have to admit I have deleted many audio books from my HD because I lost interest due to distractions. But the shorter books are a good idea because you actually do get to listen to the whole thing, then of course I tell myself damn, that was too short!

I bought both versions of the audio LTS. Listened to the Clay voice many times.

ETA: Thanks Lucky. I was wondering what the fan page was all about. So you just click that you're a fan of..and then other people can see you're a fan of and that's it. I assume there is a place where people can see all the things you are a fan of.

Yes, if you scroll down a person's "info" page (the same place where they have contact info, education info, etc) you will see their "pages". Apparently I have 11, including Clay and Blue Rodeo and Milk and Spamalot! You can also see their "groups". Those are things like "Supporter of the BAF" and "I wish I could quit school and follow Clay Aiken around the country". Hee, I'm not making that one up, either. So what if I'm not a student? :cryingwlaughter:

Oooh, audiobooks? I bought the long version of LTS off of iTunes and burned it to CD before I got Ethel, my 80 GB iPod. It's not a particularly good system, burning iTunes purchased audiobooks to CD--at least, not as I was trying to do it. It just runs until the end, so you have one hour-long track. I was mucho happier when I could put it onto my 'Pod. I've also got the selected works of Emily Dickinson, which I love. I tried listening to Hamlet, which was a mistake, I realized I was just tuning it out so I gave up. I really like having Nora Robert/J.D. Robb's stuff on CD. Hmm... Now I want to go to the library and browse their pitiful (sorry, librarians) audiobook collection...

Canfly.. I've already confirmed my total and utter confusion over the entire Clay facebook issue.. somebody let me know when the official page is an actual happening and I'll think about it then. Until then I'll stick with stalking searching for old friends. Thanks for the pretties. I love decoration.

It's been around for ages, and completely legit. :) On there, you'll also be able to "Ilike"....ie, add his music to your page so other people coming on your page can play it and so can you. :-)

<snip>

There are a lot of librarians here. Do libraries still take donations or should I just give my books to goodwill or some other organization like that.

I would definitely check with your library before you donate anything. Whenever Mikayla came out, I donated a copy. That was at least 2 years ago, I think. After about a year of checking, I went back to the library and asked why it hadn't been indexed. I was told that it was considered "not appropriate" for the library!! A children's book on inclusion? Are you kidding me??!! I think that was when I went all Clay Aiken Fan on her :hysterical: It never has been added to the collection, so I'm not sure if it went home with someone, or what. I was SO pissed, and I will never donate anything to the library again. Anyone any other suggestions as to places that can use them?

The only audiobook I have is Learning to Sing. :cryingwlaughter:

AKA the best $15 I ever spent. :lol:

For things you're a fan of OTHER than Clay :) you'll get notifications of new CDs you might not know about, tours, other updates. I enjoy that for artists whose websites I don't visit (you'll get them for Clay too, but I suspect you'll already know!)

I'm up and watching this movie with Beyonce. Has anyone ever seen her in a movie where you forget she is Beyonce? It's like she's playing dress up.

Does never having seen her in a movie at ALL count??

Well, I spent yesterday visiting 1) the SCACA (Simcoe County Arts and Crafts Assoc) show and 2) the Home Show

The Home show, which I paid to get into, was a total waste of $7....I don't want or need a hot tub, and the painters and renovators I went to look for weren't there...what's up with that??

ETA: and I have to voice one of my pet peeves, just because I can :lol: WTH am I PAYING to go to something so that someone can sell me something?? Can someone answer that for me??

The SCACA show was awesome! Free to go to, and I got a goodie bag worth about $20 at the door...but I did spend about $80 on classes and goodies :lol: so I guess it all works out.

I'm going to be taking a Traditional Rug Hooking class in April; yes, finally, at my age...a hooker!

From CV, maybe too late, but for what it's worth:

Clay on TV Guide Channel Idol Preview show

Clay is sprinkled all throughout the TV Guide Channel Idol Preview show call Infanity. It is currently running from 1-2pm in Portland, OR on the TV Guide Channel. Check your local listings...

It really is a very short but nice mention. There is a brief mention as the "biggest makeover in Idol history" and then a bit longer segment on "the first to re-define loser". They report that Clay has had "several smash albums, a best-selling book, executive producer of his own TV special, and UNICEF ambassador". The background pictures are the cover of MOAM and the pictures from MCWL and "On My Way Here" but not sure if you could read the album names. For his TV special, they actually showed the AI Christmas show. They repeated the bit about the makeover and then showed him at the ATDW CD signing. Then Clay said: "Ideally for me in my life, I would just sing. So when I do that, I love that."

I couldn't do audio books because I have the attention span of a gnat. I can't even listen to a full Clay song at one time without my mind wandering off somewhere and by the time it comes back, I've done missed half the cd. Of course, some of the time I'm daydreaming about Clay and sex, and what's going to compete with that? I mean, come on, it's Clay and sex. I'm just lucky I've never crashed the car.

Heh, I've almost crashed the car listening to Clay. :hahaha:

I like audio books, but they don't go well when I'm trying to concentrate on something, like work. They are great for long, boring drives though. Strangely enough, I love listening to music when I'm working - I think I developed that habit when I went back to school and had to drown out the kids when I was trying to study.

Post-ho'ing to bring this over, cuz I know I've long since forgotten and I'm sure others have as well....

From day one, your baby has maintained that special spot in your heart. But by month seven, he knows it and he intends to keep it that way. Baby will push the limits in all his activities; in fact, he's already learning how far he can go. Why is it that your childcare provider considers him an angel at lunch but he throws sweet potatoes at you at dinner? It's because baby knows that your love and acceptance (if not your patience) are endless. Keep in mind that it's good for baby to start maintaining some control over his environment, but as his parent, you need to determine how far he can go.

Milestones this month*

* Your baby now can bear weight on his legs when you hold him upright.

* He can sit without support.

* Baby can stand while holding onto someone or something.

* He can pull himself up to a standing position from a seated one.

* Baby walks by holding on to furniture.

* He babbles.

* Baby plays peekaboo.

* He plays patty-cake.

* Baby waves good-bye.

* He can say "mama" or "dada."

*All babies have their own internal developmental timetable. If your 7-month-old hasn't yet reached these milestones, rest assured that she will in time. If you have concerns about your baby's development, discuss them with her doctor.

Ready for action

As your baby cruises through his seventh month, he's more aware of how strong he is -- and how that strength can get him where he wants to go. With strength comes your baby's desire to get moving, and he'll be crawling soon.

Caution! Some parents buy baby walkers to help their little ones travel from room to room. Many doctors discourage the use of baby walkers. Too many emergency rooms have seen babies who've fallen down staircases while in a walker; walkers also can tip over or roll onto the fingers or toes of other children at home. Some doctors also believe that too much time in a walker can slow a baby's muscle development.

Expect plenty of testing

Prepare yourself for the manipulation game. Your baby has learned that a mere squawk from his mouth will send you running; the insistent lifting of his arms all but guarantees you'll sweep him off his feet. Resist the temptation. Here's how to help your baby learn to entertain himself for short periods of time:

* Devote short periods of time to him all day, or see that your child-care provider does. Sit down and read him a book, play finger games with him, or help him build a tower of blocks. Let him know you're always available but just for limited amounts of time.

* Provide a change of atmosphere if baby starts to fuss. Place baby onto a blanket on the floor or move him to another room. (Just make sure he's not fussing because he's tired, hungry, or in need of a fresh diaper.) Monitor his surroundings periodically, occasionally replacing the few toys that are within his reach. Don't let piles of toys accumulate around him; they can overwhelm him.

* If his crankiness doesn't subside, go to baby and show him how to play with a particular toy or object, but don't sit down with him or pick him up. After a brief demonstration, go back to your own tasks. And don't hesitate to tell him in a calm, pleasant voice that you need to do your work, too. Keep chatting or singing to him as you busy yourself within his earshot; return to him if he threatens to erupt but before he actually starts to scream. (You don't want him to think that this is the ultimate way to bring you back to your senses.)

Changing eye color

Sometime between 6 and 7 months, your baby's eyes may change color. Until now, they've appeared blue. The amount of pigment in the eye's iris determines the permanent color, a pigment which may not be fully developed until your baby is closer to a year old. Blue eyes still could turn brown, but brown eyes won't become blue.

HAPPY 7TH MONTH, PARKER FOSTER AIKEN!!

From CV, maybe too late, but for what it's worth:

Clay on TV Guide Channel Idol Preview show

Clay is sprinkled all throughout the TV Guide Channel Idol Preview show call Infanity. It is currently running from 1-2pm in Portland, OR on the TV Guide Channel. Check your local listings...

It really is a very short but nice mention. There is a brief mention as the "biggest makeover in Idol history" and then a bit longer segment on "the first to re-define loser". They report that Clay has had "several smash albums, a best-selling book, executive producer of his own TV special, and UNICEF ambassador". The background pictures are the cover of MOAM and the pictures from MCWL and "On My Way Here" but not sure if you could read the album names. For his TV special, they actually showed the AI Christmas show. They repeated the bit about the makeover and then showed him at the ATDW CD signing. Then Clay said: "Ideally for me in my life, I would just sing. So when I do that, I love that."

InFANity was capped some time back by DM, here is the CU link, but I would imagine it's in the respective vaults also.

InFANity

Thanks goldarngirl!

Here's one of the applications on Facebook, called "Ilike". One of the (many) things you can do on there, is to "Ilike" artists and music which you ummm.....do! :lol:

I thought this was kind of an interesting result from the "Come to my town" feature on Ilike:

post-1461-1236529522_thumb.jpg

Possible Clay sighting:

Just an FYI. Someone on twitter's tweet:

"THIS EVENING I WAS INVITED BY CHARLES BOYDE TO PERFORM AT HIS PRIVATE BIRTHDAY• OTHERS PRESENT* KARA DioGUARDI • PAULA ABDUL & CLAY AIKEN"

bye Rachel Assil (twitter name rachelassil). She has a you tube page and lists herself a singer/songwriter/pianist.

Here's her you tube page http://www.youtube.com/rachelassil

I guess this would mean Clay is in LA right now...

Wonder what he's working on......

Googled and couldn't find a Charles Boyde but googled Charles Boyd , and found Charles Boyd IV, he was or is a supervising producer on Idol and also produced on America's Got Talent and The Next Great American Band.

Something might be up...who knows?

Yes, if you scroll down a person's "info" page (the same place where they have contact info, education info, etc) you will see their "pages". Apparently I have 11, including Clay and Blue Rodeo and Milk and Spamalot! You can also see their "groups". Those are things like "Supporter of the BAF" and "I wish I could quit school and follow Clay Aiken around the country". Hee, I'm not making that one up, either. So what if I'm not a student? :cryingwlaughter:

I could join the "I wish I could quit school and follow Clay Aiken around the country" group but I gotta add that if I quit, then I'd be broke...so best I can do is to "be strategically sick" on certain days...oddly enough...always a Friday or Monday.

winkgirl.gif

ogirl.gif

Possible Clay sighting:

Thanks for bringing that over, Kim! My guess is that the something that might be up....is Charles Boyd's birthday party! :lol:....but who knows!!

That would be my guess too!

Kim

I couldn't do audio books because I have the attention span of a gnat. I can't even listen to a full Clay song at one time without my mind wandering off somewhere and by the time it comes back, I've done missed half the cd. Of course, some of the time I'm daydreaming about Clay and sex, and what's going to compete with that? I mean, come on, it's Clay and sex. I'm just lucky I've never crashed the car.

Heh, I've almost crashed the car listening to Clay. :hahaha:

Not good ladies...not good... :cryingwlaughter:

I'm lucky because my daily drive is wide open backroads, so I've never almost crashed as a result of daydreaming but I've gotten more than a couple of speeding tickets as a result of daydreaming.

Hey...how do I do the cross out your text thing here? There's no button for it.

Possible Clay sighting:

Just an FYI. Someone on twitter's tweet:

"THIS EVENING I WAS INVITED BY CHARLES BOYDE TO PERFORM AT HIS PRIVATE BIRTHDAY• OTHERS PRESENT* KARA DioGUARDI • PAULA ABDUL & CLAY AIKEN"

bye Rachel Assil (twitter name rachelassil). She has a you tube page and lists herself a singer/songwriter/pianist.

Here's her you tube page http://www.youtube.com/rachelassil

I guess this would mean Clay is in LA right now...

Wonder what he's working on......

Googled and couldn't find a Charles Boyde but googled Charles Boyd , and found Charles Boyd IV, he was or is a supervising producer on Idol and also produced on America's Got Talent and The Next Great American Band.

Who is Charles Boyde?

That's interesting because maybe Kara will get Clay a spot to perform later on Idol.

He needs to get on there and sing Ashes damnit!

While I didn't use to think he should continue to be associated with Idol, I think he's broken away enough and forged his own way with Spamalot, etc... and let's face it...a shitload of people watch the show... a shitload who haven't followed Clay's career outside of the tabloid crap.

Thanks goldarngirl!

Here's one of the applications on Facebook, called "Ilike". One of the (many) things you can do on there, is to "Ilike" artists and music which you ummm.....do! :lol:

I thought this was kind of an interesting result from the "Come to my town" feature on Ilike:

Looks like a big old horseshoe.

How do I add that thingie to do dat?

Possible Clay sighting:

Thanks for bringing that over, Kim! My guess is that the something that might be up....is Charles Boyd's birthday party! :lol:....but who knows!!

That would be my guess too!

Kim

lmao...man, you guys are more sarcastic than I am, lol. :hahaha:

If he shows up on Idol and if he sings...and that's a big IF in my book...I would hope he would sing a new song from his new CD...the one he is putting together on his own label with Jaymes.

Brought to you by Extrapolations R' Us.

(I know nothing; tm Sgt. Schultz)

Kim