#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Scarlett, my librarian heart blesses you for asking those questions. Are you sure you're not a librarian? Because these are the kinds of questions we ask students ALL THE TIME. Personally, I tend to trust stuff that has lots of backing sources (footnotes are a good thing). Of course, that means I question a LOT of stuff.

ldyjocelyn, I spent hours and hours in the library in grade school (the Matilda connection) and I think that's what led me to one of favorite jobs ever -- helping build, index, search through and maintain efficient databases, because what's a database really except one very large library of records. This is going to sound silly to people born here but as I was growing up I'd heard about how extensive the libraries here were and how there were multiple copies of popular books -- and it was a big item in the Pro column for moving here for me. We used to have such long waiting lists for our Nancy Drew / Hardy Boys copies back home and you could forget about ever getting one of the Tintin or Asterix and Obelix books unless you got in under special circumstances. I'm still envious and somewhat sad about seeing shelves and shelves of books just lying there. In my part of the world, the cost of books and magazines was so high in proportion to other things that books were treasures to be shared around like the precious items they are.

Speaking only for my library...but if you look at our statistics; the highest rating circulation items are DVD's, CD's, Video Games and Electronic Books...sad to say, it doesn't seem like books are that popular anymore...I can't imagine anything more pleasant than curling up on the couch, wrapped in an afghan reading a book. Don't think an electronic book would give me the same pleasure.

Kim

Wow, y'all have immortalized "BOCA"? Hee, I've never had a thread title, but I'll take an acronym. :lilredani:

Glad I've missed all the shit stirring excitement elsewhere by supposed "fans". I've been too busy doing fun things like grocery shopping, watching old TV episodes, and eating bad food that nearly made me puke for lunch. Think I'll go walk the dog in the rain now. All an infinitely better use of my time. :imgtongue:

Scarlett, my librarian heart blesses you for asking those questions. Are you sure you're not a librarian? Because these are the kinds of questions we ask students ALL THE TIME. Personally, I tend to trust stuff that has lots of backing sources (footnotes are a good thing). Of course, that means I question a LOT of stuff.

ldyjocelyn, I spent hours and hours in the library in grade school (the Matilda connection) and I think that's what led me to one of favorite jobs ever -- helping build, index, search through and maintain efficient databases, because what's a database really except one very large library of records. This is going to sound silly to people born here but as I was growing up I'd heard about how extensive the libraries here were and how there were multiple copies of popular books -- and it was a big item in the Pro column for moving here for me. We used to have such long waiting lists for our Nancy Drew / Hardy Boys copies back home and you could forget about ever getting one of the Tintin or Asterix and Obelix books unless you got in under special circumstances. I'm still envious and somewhat sad about seeing shelves and shelves of books just lying there. In my part of the world, the cost of books and magazines was so high in proportion to other things that books were treasures to be shared around like the precious items they are.

Speaking only for my library...but if you look at our statistics; the highest rating circulation items are DVD's, CD's, Video Games and Electronic Books...sad to say, it doesn't seem like books are that popular anymore...I can't imagine anything more pleasant than curling up on the couch, wrapped in an afghan reading a book. Don't think an electronic book would give me the same pleasure.

Kim

:hello:

Count me as a book lover! I despise even doing research on internet sources--bugs my eyes and it's just not as easy to flip from one spot to another. Plus, I really, really, like holding onto a book and being able to "disappear" into one as I read--you know, see the scene and not the book? Can't seem to do that with e-books.

Heh. I'm way older than clayzy, and I LOVE doing my research via online sources. Maybe it's because I remember pulling out those Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature...one volume at a time. Took forever. And then, of course, once you found the citation you needed, you had to go to the library, and pray that the issue of the magazine was there, or, worse yet, the article hadn't been vandalized from the magazine!

I mostly agree with you on the books in bed thing, although I have to admit at 1) I do this with my laptop all the time -- is there much difference? 2) a Kindle looks like a heck of a lot of fun for me. I also think this depends on the kind of reading you do too...reading for fun should be book form, IMO.

Topic: I wonder if Clay's reading a book now, while he's in recovery? Wonder what it is, if he is?

Clay wrote:

inappropriately rude

Does that mean that there's an "appropriately rude"?

Like "Bless your heart. Isn't that special?" versus "Fuck off, you freakin' psycho!!" :cryingwlaughter:

I totally "get" the phrase "appropriately rude". If I give :finger: to Justclay, that's being "appropriately rude" cuz more than likely, she was "inappropriately rude" to me on a previous page!

:curtsie:

Seereeusly, there was a ton of "appropriately rude" stuff in Spamalot. If I'm bantering with somebody, and we're calling each other morons or whatever...we know that we're joking, so that's "appropriately rude". :wiggle:

I love pointy Clay.

As do I, my dear Couchie....th_notafold.jpg

...as do I.... :sleezy:

:hubbahubba:

Bigger. Can we get that bigger? Huh? Huh? :pray: :please: :beg: :begging: (surely one of those will work)

Lotza good discussion here. I gots to go get groceries, so I'll just say that as far as people posting on messageboard goes, I usually try to give the benefit of the doubt but when the posts are "different" my "suspicious" radar pops up.

As far as what I read in papers or magazines, I'm a born skeptic, so I question most everything.

I'm currently questioning how wise it is to be sending/receiving gifts from friends on facebook. I wonder that there could be some spyware/malaware involved somehow because it "needs to access your account information to work properly".

Cindilu2,

Re: the emotes, you can't move them around on invision. You can delete and replace and move them up into a spot near the top sometimes and then re-add one that you don't want near the top, so it goes to the bottom, but it's unpredictable. I found with regular invision, that if you deleted one and added another without leaving the admin page, it would put it in the place of the deleted emote...but you had to do it right away and "just right" and it's been a year or so since I messed around with doing that. The renaming is easy. The relocating is tricky. With Yuku, you can replace an emote directly into another emotes spot, so it's more straightforward and less "please let this work".

I'm glad to see you gradually renaming emotes to make sense so people can just type the code of their favourites vs searching through the huge long list. Any chance we could rename thewave emote to be :thewave cuz I always screw up :lalaol0 or whatever it is.

I totally "get" the phrase "appropriately rude". If I give :finger: to Justclay, that's being "appropriately rude" cuz more than likely, she was "inappropriately rude" to me on a previous page!

lol you two crack me up

lol you two crack me up

:twinklewhore:

Is this real? I'm assuming it is even though it's never been announced at the OFC because it has the BAF linked and you can't make Clay your friend:

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=clay+aiken...988377101?ref=s

ETA: OFC has confirmed that it's real.

We know this yuku page is fake:

http://clay-aiken.u.yuku.com/

Upset that he is calling "God's children" wackos and posers.

I don't get it .... some people don't think wackos and posers are God's children, too?

No, I think this person believes they are God's Children and Clay shouldn't be calling them wackos and posers even though they are.

Kim

I don't get it .... some people don't think wackos and posers are God's children, too?

No, I think this person believes they are God's Children and Clay shouldn't be calling them wackos and posers even though they are.

Kim

Hmm, wonder what she thought of Simon calling that kid from last year's auditions a bush monkey (or something along those lines) then? Course I guess bush monkey's are god's creatures also, so maybe that's okay. Or maybe she's also trying to reform Simon on HIS fan club message board as well. Somehow I'd like to see what his response to entitled, needy fuckers fans is. :hahaha:

Speaking of inappropriate - I am inappropriately happy that it is storming outside tonight. RAIN storming. With lightning and everything. Wheeee!!! Buhbye, endless winter!!

:thewave: <<<--- done.

Ah...I see the conversation up there has turned to books. My favorite topic! As a, well...a bookwhore, I love the feel of a high quality book. The leather binding, soft smooth paper, running my fingers down a page of high-grade paper is almost erotic for me. That being said, I have a Kindle and wouldn't give it up for anything! I just LOVE it! I can get books a lot cheaper than buying hard copies, no trip to the bookstore, no waiting list. They're downloaded instantly. Plus that feature of being able to adjust the font size with a click is priceless.

So, how have y'all been? I've missed you. I hope everyone is doing well. And Clay? How's he?

Bookwhore, nice to see you back. For pleasure, I like to read a book but for information or to piss off CF, I like to do that online.

And CF, I'm sorry, I hadn't been rude to you on the previous page. Let me make up for it now: :biteme:

Canfly - Private to me means fans and haters aren't sitting there writing on the wall but what do I know.

I'm just not interested in seeking clay out on facebook or anywhere except his fan club and barely that or a concert hall.

BOOKIE!!

Other than cute and the synchronized blogging, not much. heh.

ETA: I just watched the first two episodes of The Wire. I am so hooked... don't know how i missed this when it was on.

My 14 YO grandson spends all his time on the net , when he is on the net, playing WOW or other games.

For reading - he loves books. He loves them. He reads and re-reads until they are in tatters.

He gets in trouble at school for rushing through his work - so he can read Harry Potter or whatever for the nth time. He is also working his way through Dean Koontz. He reads our little free daily paper every day, tbt*, and gets me a copy too, we discuss the news stories.

Makes me feel v. old sometimes - he doesn't always get the allusions in comic strips, I have to explain why Liu is funny quite often.

I accepted a friend request yesterday, and I got the blue screen of death on my laptop. A change up from just Mozilla saying bye-bye 50 times or so.

When people realize that Clay Aiken is NOT their friend (worthy or otherwise) they will be far better off. What part of 'private' facebook do they not understand? Maybe they could locate my missing IQ points and absorb a couple for their very own.
A-freaking-men.

I loved the blog from Clay & message from Reed, although I hate that they had to write about such a subject. Sad.

Speaking of Facebook and privacy and 'friending'... has anyone ever received a request to 'friend' themselves - from themselves?! :huh:

ETA: Ok, it's some 18 year old girl (supposedly) from Italy who has the same name! :lol:

Is this real? I'm assuming it is even though it's never been announced at the OFC because it has the BAF linked and you can't make Clay your friend:

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=clay+aiken&init=q&sid=952b1af9e054b914afa28501b5f34dc3#/pages/Clay-Aiken/6988377101?ref=s" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=clay+aiken...988377101?ref=s</a>

I HIGHLY doubt any of those are real, canfly. I think he'd be a leeetle more subtle than that.

Ah...I see the conversation up there has turned to books. My favorite topic! As a, well...a bookwhore, I love the feel of a high quality book. The leather binding, soft smooth paper, running my fingers down a page of high-grade paper is almost erotic for me. That being said, I have a Kindle and wouldn't give it up for anything! I just LOVE it! I can get books a lot cheaper than buying hard copies, no trip to the bookstore, no waiting list. They're downloaded instantly. Plus that feature of being able to adjust the font size with a click is priceless.

So, how have y'all been? I've missed you. I hope everyone is doing well. And Clay? How's he?

Thanks for the kindle info! I havent' really looked into it, but that sounds attractive. Are there lots of books available on it already?

O/T AI stuff - I am reading a recap of this week's shows, and this line made me snort because I'm 12:

and Lil Rounds who will be singing last because that's how it was written over two hundred years ago in the Book of Duh.

:hysterical:

Carry on being inappropriately or appropriately rude to each other as you wander the bowels of Facebook. :lilredani:

Kim, I guess I'm not surprised at the stats... I know when I'm in the library (which is weekly), the computers (and there are many in each branch) are always all in use. It's very rare that any are open.

And I love books - I can't get enough of them... I enjoy books on tape but always feel like I'm cheating on my eyes with my ears... :cryingwlaughter:

Bookwhore - I was just eyeing one of these up today at Borders... it was a Sony brand - not sure if that's the same thing but it was similar... question - the display did show a big font size, which I've become more in love with - most of the books I check out now, if possible, are large print... do you have to push a button or is it a scroll wheel to move the text? I read pretty quickly and I'm wondering how that works? With the large font, it didn't appear to have much text on the screen. Thx.

Kim

Hmm, wonder what she thought of Simon calling that kid from last year's auditions a bush monkey (or something along those lines) then? Course I guess bush monkey's are god's creatures also, so maybe that's okay. Or maybe she's also trying to reform Simon on HIS fan club message board as well. Somehow I'd like to see what his response to entitled, needy fuckers fans is. :hahaha:

Speaking of inappropriate - I am inappropriately happy that it is storming outside tonight. RAIN storming. With lightning and everything. Wheeee!!! Buhbye, endless winter!!

:thewave: <<<--- done.

Kewl! :thewave:

I love it when codes make sense. :clap:

Bookwhore, nice to see you back. For pleasure, I like to read a book but for information or to piss off CF, I like to do that online.

And CF, I'm sorry, I hadn't been rude to you on the previous page. Let me make up for it now: :biteme:

No thanks. Is that the best ya got?

Canfly - Private to me means fans and haters aren't sitting there writing on the wall but what do I know.

I'm just not interested in seeking clay out on facebook or anywhere except his fan club and barely that or a concert hall.

I only did the Facebook thingie cuz somebody on CANN said that Facebook and MySpace were good ways for artists to "get their music out there" and obviously CDs are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. I found what I thought was Clay's Facebook page and "became a fan" as a show of support and that's as far as it went.

I HIGHLY doubt any of those are real, canfly. I think he'd be a leeetle more subtle than that.

I fixed the link, so it didn't look like gobbledy gook. That's the one with over 4,000 fans and it doesn't allow for "friends".

ETA: Guess Clay wasn't that subtle cuz somebody told me that the OFC has confirmed it IS real.

Carry on being inappropriately or appropriately rude to each other as you wander the bowels of Facebook.

Facebook confuses me or rather I don't quite get the point and I've found that it's a pointless way to waste time...so can we carry on being appropriately rude to each other here instead? Iz funner.

:lilredani:

Why we gots no pitchurs? We needs some pitchurs...

Random Clay purdies...and I mean RANDOM:

VirginCDSigning2008.jpg

IMG_0449-n1.jpg

medium_ama06-05.jpg

snowflakelightingpicpalpitating.jpg

24.jpg

JBTbeauty.jpg

Springfield.jpg

I fixed the link, so it didn't look like gobbledy gook. That's the one with over 4,000 fans and it doesn't allow for "friends".

ETA: OFC has confirmed it's real.

Ahhh, his MUSIC site! The ones you linked previously were personal sites ALL named Clay Aiken! :cryingwlaughter: About 8-10 of them... Ye gods.

I'm enjoying Facebook; there's some fun apps, and a place to post pictures...not really into it to stalk Clay! OR Reed! Just another way to keep up with friends...

I agree it's a good way for an artist to get their music out there -- THE ARTIST. Clay doesn't seem to be using it for that. To me his site is private even if it's found so I won't be going there unless he starts using it as a marketing tool. And like I said earlier.. the first few days I was so confused about even how facebook operated that I would have befriended the devil if he had asked. Lucky had to explain to me that people weren't seeing my news feed. I would have shut it off right then and there if they were.

I've found that facebook is a way to keep in touch with family - share photos (well it will be once I learn how to do the photo thing) - that's very easy. And I've been able to find 2 people that I had lost touch with. One of them was one of my good employment references. I had lost her information when my computer crashed. And the good part is when I found her I found practically all my ex co-workers. I haven't hit them yet LOL.

I keep seeing the commercial for Spam... makes me miss it. Not sure if I will go see it once it's here. Is ANYONE from the broadway show with the touring company?

ETA: hee so confused... 8-10 sites..I only clicked on one thing. I thought it was just one screwy link.

Bigger. Can we get that bigger? Huh? Huh?

canfly, darling...of COURSE you can! That pointy Clay pic I posted is dickable clickable, honey!

And count me among the booklovers! I help keep our local library in business. I just got an automated call this morning to notify that two books I'd requested are waiting for me! :clap: One of them is called "Girls Like Us" and it's the 'stories' of Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon...I haven't started the book yet, but I did read the captions under all the pics and in the Joni Mitchell section there was a pic of her and James Taylor (evidently, Mr. Taylor got around with all three of these women!) The caption read that in an interview Joni said that James Taylor was the best lover she'd ever had!

Now THAT's what I call a good interview!

books! I love books..my and fromclaygary are book buddies lol she gives me suggestions of stuff to read :) anyone else is welcome to do so...

currently Im reading the janet evanovich stephanie plumb books..I think im the last person in the world to read them lol very good..but im not obsessed with them like my mom and sister..yeesh!

havent been able to bring myself to download books, or listen to them on tape..something special about holding a book in my hand and turning the pages.