#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

I just received a little book of 'thanks' from a hotel where I negotiated an event contract---one of those little collections of quotes...and when I read this one, I immediately thought of Clay and being a fan...

For all that has been, thanks.

For all that will be, YES.

Dag Hammarskjold

luckiest1
What about TVBOCA? Or BOCA for short? Hee.

Ooh, I like BOCA. It has the potential to be very useful in every day conversation.

Example:

I like Clay's BOCA.

I'd sure like to BOCA that hawt singer man.

OMG, his BOCA is bigger than I thought!

BOCA me, he's kilt me dead.

See? Versatile! It's like a wild card! LOL

Well, BOCA me runnin'!

Liney Thanks so much for looking at my pictures :)

I looked at your pictures too!

thanks Scarlett

I send those to me mom who is Florida & said she is tired of walking on the beach :hahaha:

You will be happy to know that I was excepted to take a free computer class in my town. The upside to be poor.

claytonic, If there were pictures taken of me with paint all over, that would have been grounds for divorce. As it was I had to clean up the floor and the furniture the paint splashed on. I even paid for the carpet to cover the wooden floors.

For some odd reason my jaw was hurting this morning as well as cracking all over the place. Must be sympathy pains for Clay or I was grinding my teeth all night. :lilredani:

Congrats on the class tribeca! Maybe you can share your knowledge with us! And pretty pictures, BTW.

Man, am I glad this day is OVER. I was running non-stop the entire day, and I didn't have a damn thing on my schedule!

I hope Clay and his jaw are feeling better.

I like BOCA.

Happy birthday PerusingOne! Maybe this will get you out of lurker mode for a bit!

I like BOCA too!

I downloaded Chrome Google today and I really like it as a browser; but I notice the toolbar is just the bare basics...I can't seem to find any "home" button...anyone have this browser and can kind of fill me in on how to maneuver?

Kim

Happy birthday PerusingOne! Maybe this will get you out of lurker mode for a bit!

Dream on!! It will be a miracle if she's caught up. She'll see her birthday wishes next week :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Birthday PerusingOne.

:happybirthday04:

HBD, PerusingOne! (again!)

She's caught up but doesn't post. I'm the exact opposite -- I post without getting caught up *ducks*

Putting the home button on the Chrome toolbar

I'm trying to figure out how to quote from multiple posts, but apparently haven't mastered it yet. Therefore, I'll just muddle my way through by way of straight text--a lot to read, I know, but there's too much priceless stuff in the recent posts that I don't want to wait until they're way old:

~~~~

Lotus, thanks for quoting muskifest's item! HUNG Dinger, huh?!! (Actually, shouldn't the restaurant itself have been named for Clay?!) Hilarious! :hahaha:

~~~

Aaw, KAndre, really? Couchie's very own toaster for me?! (Does she know about this??!) Okay, I'll stop rejoicing now and tell you that you must keep it for yourself--taking a sick person's toaster away would be a very cruel thing! (And I always aspire to ask, WWCD? He'd never take away your toaster, so I'll follow his invariably fine example.) You need your toast and Thera-flu . . . and for that matter, someone should be there making that toast for you !

Get better soon! (Lots of sick people here in the Heartland too!)

~~~~

Oh, and Bella19, Claylove,, Lotus, Ausdon, and Gibby, thanks for the welcomes!

~~~~

Clayzcoffin, it sounds like you need a hug! Would you accept one from a total newcomer? {{{Clayz}}}

Also, I have probably missed something in discussions so far, but (as long as I've already mentioned that Crisis book earlier), it sounds like that might shed some light on your situation--or give you hope. Maybe you're already too busy with reading, studying, etc., anyway, so maybe not the best suggestion right now. If you (or anyone else here) would like to read it, though, I'd be happy to send it as soon as I'm done, which should be in another day or so.

~~~~

Claytonic, LOVED your quote:

Let me assure you, dear, the Viennese let neither grey hair nor stooped shoulders get in the way of making new conquests. Every day I see handsome young men helping their much older lovers into their coaches. In this worldly capital, women under thiry-five are regarded as immature. A women can't even hope to make a lasting impression on people until she's over forty.

~~~~~

001see, your BOCA quotes were perfect!! :hahaha: Omigosh, too clever! (And amazing how well it fits all those various comments!)

Also, thanks for the warning! That cute singerguy actually caused me a moment of inattention the day after the Asheville concert, where I fell down several steps on the mansion's stairs. It was totally worth it, but it would have been better if I had been wearing that padding!

~~~~

:hello: Happy birthday, PerusingOne!

And, sure, I happily accept e-hugs and good thoughts from strangers, headoverheels! Did I roll out a nice, big welcome mat? I remember meaning too, but then getting mired down in my melancholy thoughts. :o I didn't mean ta, I promise!

I don't think this has been posted here yet...

BAF News

3/06/2009

MEAF Awards $40,000 Grant to Support Partnership with The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and Johns Hopkins University’s National Center for Summer Learning

RALEIGH, NC – The Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation (MEAF) has announced $360,000 in new and continuing grants, raising the total investment in the Foundation’s five-year Inclusion Initiative to $3.2 million. The newest inclusion project is a joint venture between The Bubel/Aiken Foundation (TBAF) and the National Center for Summer Learning at Johns Hopkins University.

Building on a three-year partnership, The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and the National Center for Summer Learning will create a distinct and powerful new force for change in the field of summer learning for all children, especially those with disabilities. The partners will expand access to high-quality, inclusive summer learning opportunities for young people by developing a summer learning curriculum to help summer camps fully include youth with disabilities.

Research suggests that inclusive summer learning programs can prevent summer learning loss and promote academic achievement for all children and youth, foster positive relationships between children with and without disabilities and adults, and promote improved peer relationships and acceptance of diversity.

“We are very pleased to incorporate this project into our Inclusion Initiative, expanding inclusion outreach to the critical area of summer learning,” said Rayna Aylward, MEAF’s executive director. “The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and the National Center for Summer Learning add valuable experience and focus to the inclusion mix, and their collaboration will enrich the lives of many thousands of youth with and without disabilities.”

About MEAF: Established in 1991, Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation is the corporate foundation of the Mitsubishi Electric companies in the US, which makes grants to support national nonprofit organizations and works to engage company employees in philanthropy and volunteerism in Mitsubishi Electric communities through its matching grants program. The Foundation’s mission is to help young people with disabilities maximize their potential and participation in society. For more information about the foundation visit www.meaf.org.

About TBAF: The Bubel/Aiken Foundation serves to bridge the gap that exists between young people with special needs and the world around them. By providing services and financial assistance, TBAF supports communities and programs in creating awareness and opportunities for full inclusion where barriers break and doors open. It is their goal to create an environment for children where inclusion is embraced. To learn more about The Bubel/Aiken Foundation or ways to get involved visit their website at www.bubelaiken.org.

About the National Center for Summer Learning at Johns Hopkins University: The vision of the National Center for Summer Learning is for every young person to experience enriching, memorable summers. Based at the Johns Hopkins University School of Education, the Center engages in research, develops policy, and delivers professional development to improve program quality, increase funding for programs for young people living in poverty, and make summer learning a public policy priority. The Center focuses national attention on how high-quality summer learning programs help close the achievement gap, lead to higher graduation rates, and promote healthy development. For more information, visit www.summerlearning.org.

And if I remember correctly, Johns Hopkins is in Baltimore. Wasn't Clay reported in Baltimore a few weeks ago?

Eating the controversial shellfish/not-shellfish!

I was wondering recently if that mini-controversy had been resolved--were they or were they not shellfish?

Found on the CH. From Reed's Public Facebook page:

March 6, 2009 - Friday

WILL THE REAL REED KELLY PLEASE STAND UP?

This is just a quick note to address something that has recently been brought to my attention.

Apparently I have an evil twin these days! He seems to be running a muck on Facebook. Someone has created a profile using one of my pictures and is contacting people under the sad guise of being me. Personally, I think just one of me is more than enough, so I cringe slightly at the thought of a second one out there; especially if he is going around doing things that are untoward or unkind to people.

Action is being taken to rectify the situation, but if in the mean time you happen to come across or be contacted by a creepy Reed, feel free to click delete, laugh it off as the sad, unfortunate joke that it is and go about your merry day.

Such is life in the days of the internet! Also, if you see the need to pass this information along to others, feel free.

Thanks for your understanding!

Big Smiles,

Reed

In other words -- let the buyer beware. I'm also reading that a similar page for Clay has sprung up as well.

did something bad happen with this facebook thing?

last year my niece tried to add Clay as one of her myspace friends (I know nothing about myspace or facebook) but when I read the profile on the myspace I knew it was fake.

So that Clay Aiken Facebook with 4,389 fans is not a site approved of by Clay? and the person who set it up is being inappropriately rude with some fans?

It looks so "official".

The CANN has a poll. Which picture of the seated, hands clasped Clay do you like best. I was surprised to see how few have voted for piano guy, the one I prefer.

Ok so Reed posts about a fake Reed and right after Clay posts about a fake Clay....coincidence? I think not! OMG Do you think they are a couple/ Who knew :hahaha:

There are a lot of Clay Aikens on MySpace and a lot of them look "official" too! The way some people have posted there makes me think they believe the sites are real.