# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

ldyj, thanks so much for the update!! The email address I had on that account is one I can no longer access, and I had to actually call them to push a button or two to change it as they normally require a code that's sent from the old address to make the change. I may have bought one or two tickets back in the day.... :whistling-1:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, merrieeee said:

My daughter seriously hates any kind of attention.  Her worst nightmare is to be noticed for anything.  So tonight she is awarded teacher of the year for her school district and she had to stand up on a stage, have people look at her and take photos.  She was almost throwing up.   It was a total surprise as she didn't even think she stood a chance. I think if she'd had any clue she would have missed the event.  Now her pic is going to be in the local paper. She says she's going to Krogers and buy them all up!

Congratulations to your daughter. I know exactly how she feels!! How it is that we think we can stand up in front of a class all day and not be noticed I'm not sure - lol - but it's true.

I've been out all night -- saw a really good local band!

Back to the number problem. Someone tweeted a possible answer:

Clay's reply:

Also, another new picture from the other night:

post-787-0-05963900-1464377609_zpsyzftl4

You can tell we're the "real life" board, as I'm just getting around to catching up for the day, and I think merrieeee must also be busy as well!

Clay Instagram from this morning (he also tweeted it out):

Two people of note replied to it:

justinguariniYou taught me all I know ?. Thanks, @clayaiken...there were some B'Way heavyweights on this one...it was such a fun Encores! experience

•  
  • He also tweeted, finally, about his number puzzle...

Maybe thats how Clay got so slender. I might need to get a dog. 

What is evryone doing for Memorial Day weekend? We are having a picnic on our deck today with family. Its not raining but cool and cloudy. We have an awning we unfurled in case of showers. Hamburgers hot dogs, potato salads and shrimp and macaroni salad,  corn, greenbeans and a pie that took me all day to make. :ohmy: 

Yum!  Fear, that sounds wonderful!

We are doing....nothing!  My husband and I did go shopping yesterday for some new clothes -- between rewards points, coupons, and sales, we got 3 pair of slacks for and a shirt for hubby, 2 pair of capris and a pair of shorts, a new dress, 2 tops, and two cardigans for about $250.  

It's a beautiful day here!  We finally got some rain here last night, although I don't know how much.  The weather people say we're down about 5 inches of water around here, so I actually want it rain overnight.

But I don't want it to rain next weekend....*g*.

I'll probably catch up with some TV this weekend too.  And of course grilling!  Chicken brats tonight, ribeye steaks tomorrow.  But now...I think it's time for a walk in the beautiful weather!

From Facebook:

Louis F. Goldberg at Dear Evan Hansen at Second Stage Theatre.
42 mins · New York, NY · 
4 seats over-Clay Aiken/his very cute date...8 seats over-Sheldon Harnick/Mrs. Harnick...casual...just walked in to join the Aiken's...Jesse Tyler Ferguson and hubby... 

"Dear Evan Hansen" is the Off Broadway show that Ben Cohn is the musical director.

I spent all day making jam and salsa! I made pina colada jam with rum, jalapeño and raspberry jams and medium salsa.  I plan on finishing up tomorrow with Guiness jelly, apple butter and blackberry jam and then Xmas is done!  

My daughter might come over but end of the year is tough for her.  So I might cook myself a steak   

Ambitious merrieeee. They'll make great gifts. ldyj sounds like you got some great deals.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day. At our meal last night my son's MIL, who is deaf, signed a prayer, interpreted by her daughter,

On behalf of her husband,  who served in WWII and passed away last year. I am not very religious but it was very sweet.

I didn't have any plans but then my brother emailed last night around nine and now I'll be going to dinner tonight with him, his wife, his son, and his wife. I agreed to take a bunch of crap (like cleaning supplies) from my mother's house which has been sold. The good news there for those who may have seen my mom's house is that the buyer plans to completely renovate the house and has already done a nice job on the one next door. I went to see the house for the last time last weekend and it still looks like crap to me but it sold for mega bucks--location, location, location! Too bad I sold my part to my brother years ago, but he did put a lot of money into it himself on stuff like sealing the basement, central heating and AC, and propping it up from below. (Did you know they did that to old houses? They actually literally prop them up!!) I'm happy about this because it's a lovely old neighborhood near NC State that had been going down hill for years due to people (like my brother) renting the houses by the room to college students.

Clay's Facebook:

I gotta tell ya... if things actually played out this way, I'd be happier than a pig in shit.

safe_image.php?d=AQA3nJD39KJtdUJI&w=470&
Douglas E. Schoen writes about why Hillary Clinton may end up losing the Democratic presidential contest—a Bernie Sanders win in California would turbocharge the mounting Democratic unease about her...
WSJ.COM|BY DOUGLAS E. SCHOEN

Reading the replies to Clay's post on FB...it amazes me how many people didn't read the entire article.  

Ah, the days of reading only the headlines.

(And yes, I'll admit to doing that more times than I'd like...)

Well you guys are on your own this weekend.   If all Clay news breaks loose Too bad as I won't be here.? I shall be in Chicago with a few close friends and one special one?