How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

11 minutes ago, Mik4clay said:

Oh I was worried about that.. my least fave game show. But I will deal with it! Yay 

That tease:   plz don’t tell me he comes in second 😦 

(I think this show is on Thursday nights)

Jeopardy is on every day, via syndication, and Clay “on” the show means he was an answer to a question.

i used to watch Jeopardy every day, but haven’t for years now. It’s such a smart show.  I think Clay would kill on that show.

1 hour ago, Mik4clay said:

Looks like the game show on Thursday nights is Celebrity wheel of fortune or some such crap.. I REALLY dislike game shows.

whats a girl gotta do to see the man be all cute & funny & smart for a half hour??

So....I take it you've never seen Clay's participation in "So You Think You're Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?"  Game show:  check.  Cute and funny Clay for a half hour:  check.  

I think "cute and funny and smart" Clay could easily show up in any game show.  Yes, there would be other people there, but he can charm anyone even for a few minutes.   They used to do celebrity versions of Jeopardy for charity, and I though Clay would be perfect for it and the National Inclusion Project.  It now seems like he's a fan of the show too, as he's tweeted about it a few times.

Clay's appearance on a game show this year seems to have "bit the dust" for some reason.  Maybe soon, but I'll just patiently wait, and if it doesn't happen, so be it.

New podcast is up!

The guest is Heather McGhee, author of The Sum of Us: How Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together.  I am VERY excited for this podcast, as I've heard many good things about this book and have plans to read it very soon already!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did something today I haven’t done for a year! I went to the grocery store. My local Aldi does not have a lot of customers at any time so I felt good going. Everyone had masks on and socially distanced. It was so great picking out my own produce and cheese....I love Aldi’s cheese.  Since we felt good about our excursion we went to Michael's as  well.  Wow such adventurers!  Still not going to Walmart or the bigger grocery stores yet!  Baby steps.

• Like 1

Well I went and spent $200 at two garden shops today. Maybe I’m better off staying home?  There was a guy. I saw today wearing a very nice t-shirt that said be kind to everyone but.....he wasn’t wearing a mask!

Hah, I wish I could go spend at the garden shops.  We got a half a foot of snow yesterday 🤨 

I won’t go into my wal-mart until I’m fully vaccinated.. most peeps don’t wear masks, it’s the only place I’vs seen  where they are not made to.

I did Curbside pick up today at Walmart.  My dd and I did a survey on mask wearing. I was shocked that at least 75-85% of wm shoppers had on masks! I would have sworn it was much less. It was mostly older white guys that didn’t  do we figured it was a sure bet that they didn’t vote for 46.

This is what we planted yesterday.

085253FB-50EA-4E69-A968-B88690D15F21.jpeg

• Like 1

merrieeee so jealous!  I can’t even think about putting plants in the ground til Memorial Day weekend, to avoid a freeze!  It gives me anxiety to think of how much we have to fit into 100 days b4 it freezes up again!

:waiting: for the podcast....

So, a few days ago, vaccine envy took over, and I decided to fudge on applications to see if I could get scheduled.  Lo and behold, I managed to snag an appointment for my first shot next Wednesday and the second shot in mid-April!  Then, talking with a co-worker, she told me that the place I'm going (Kroger) is pretty strict about proving you are part of the groups that can get shots.  Had me worried -- only to have our governor TODAY announce that Higher Education can get their shots beginning Monday!  I think God knew what he was doing yesterday....

So excited about this podcast.. I love historians, this one actually wrote her book before this pandemic years ago.. so interesting!  I remember my grandmother, when I was little, talking about the 1918 pandemic and how she had 3 children under the age of 5 ( my father was the newborn ) and what that was like.  

I won’t be able to listen to the rest of this one until later today 😖.  I was only able to get 10 minutes in, the author reminds me of Paula Poundstone~ minus the humor. 

Seconds shots are the best!  Yesterday I had to go into a restaurant to pick up breakfast (Curbside wasn’t functioning). I had to wait about 15 minutes and only felt a little nervous not a full blown panic attack that I would have had before.  

• Like 1