How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

I got my first vaccine yesterday!  YAY!  So far, just a bit of stiffness in my arm.

Broadway World:  DPAC Presents Triangle Rising Stars Virtual Showcase and Awards Show

Clay is scheduled to host this virtual event.  Hoping that we'll get to see at least some of it!

ETA:  the Broadway World article has the date wrong, by stating it is on May 20, 2020.  It really is happening this year!  From the Durham Performing Arts Center:  https://www.dpacnc.com/community/triangle-rising-stars?spMailingID=6727198&spUserID=MjU5OTc2MTU5NTI1S0&spJobID=1220681575&spReportId=MTIyMDY4MTU3NQS2

• Like 1

Ldyj, you’re halfway there! Or did you get the J&J?

Virtual Clay? *sigh” he has hosted this before (?)  I don’t recall any clack from that. I need my living breathing walking talking singing politicking cutesy tootsie funny smart Clay back.. like reaaaally bad. 😫

i did see Andy Cohen on The View the other day talking about his show For Real.. behind the scenes show of reality tv.  I think Clay was to be on one of these episodes. Starts on E! Network next week.

1 hour ago, Mik4clay said:

Ldyj, you’re halfway there! Or did you get the J&J?

Virtual Clay? *sigh” he has hosted this before (?)  I don’t recall any clack from that. I need my living breathing walking talking singing politicking cutesy tootsie funny smart Clay back.. like reaaaally bad. 😫

i did see Andy Cohen on The View the other day talking about his show For Real.. behind the scenes show of reality tv.  I think Clay was to be on one of these episodes. Starts on E! Network next week.

I got Pfizer, so I have to wait three weeks.  My husband, last week, got Moderna.  We'll both get our second shots the same week. Therefore, we'll both be "safe" at approximately the same time, during the last week of April.  YAY!

There isn't much clack around from the previous hosting gigs, because he's not the star of the show, the kids are.  He just talks a little bit, introduces the kids, and then backs away while they perform.  I think there may be something somewhere, but for the most part, it's not all Clay by any stretch of the word. 

I think it will be good to have a visual from him though, and of course, I'll continue to listen to the podcasts!

"For Real..." I think premieres this week -- but I also think Clay's not on this week's episode.  He and Ruben are supposed to be on sometime during the show.

Hate that I have fallen so far behind in hearing these podcasts. Great to hear that so many have started getting their Covid shots. Now that I have had mine and subsequently had my haircut and rehired our house cleaner back , I may actually start having a life.  We are talking about playing bridge and scheduling a few parties for later this year.

Hoping I can get to the Gala later this year if they can schedule one.

• Like 2

If anyone could spare any good wishes...

• My best friend from college (and her family -- husband and two sons) all have COVID.  She's the sickest one, from what she tells me -- can't keep food down. She's a teacher, but she's also allergic to many of the preservatives in the vaccines, so she and her allergist decided against her getting the shot.
  • My sister, who lives alone in Florida, fell over the weekend while on a walk.  Broke the ring and pinky fingers in her right hand (surgery yesterday, with pins installed) and her left kneecap (surgery hopefully tomorrow).  She's got church friends who will be looking after her place and her dog.

My problems are much more "first world," as my 21 1/2 year old washing machine died yesterday.  It had a good life, but now it's time for a replacement.  I'm taking a couple hours off work this afternoon to replace it.

RIP washer- u will have fun picking a new one out.. things have improved a bit on that front in 20 yrs 😜 

sorry to hear about your friend and sister.

I haven’t heard of anyone not being able to take it due to allergies, really scary. I wish her well.

My BIL in Ca had covid 5 mos ago and never got his taste and smell back, until he took the first shot last week and now he’s good as gold!  That should teach a lesson to those antivaxers out there.

30 minutes ago, merrieeee said:

Just be warned if you get a front loader you need to keep the door open or it may smell!

I've heard that about front loaders -- and that you should clean the rubber gaskets after every use.  Other than that though, I'm leaning toward a front loader at this point.  Going with an LG brand if I can get one.  Lots of reviews recommend them highly, and I've had good experiences with other LG products.

I am hoping my friend will be OK.  She did lose her taste and smell the other day, and it totally bummed her out -- couldn't smell or taste chocolate at all!

3 hours ago, merrieeee said:

Just be warned if you get a front loader you need to keep the door open or it may smell!

Mine did this also so I sold it, got myself a top loader not a problem since. I found out after I sold it is that all I needed to so was cut down how much soap used in each load.. like half. A little goes a long way and clothes won’t smell moldy. 🤷‍♀️

Oh hell, I knew what he meant 😉 

I just watched this eyewitness on the stand also. It was so sad b/c he started relating Floyd’s death with his own mother who died a month later. Can I just say the judge residing over this case ROCKs! 

This girl is fully vaxed as of today! So psyched 😁 we’ll see what tomorrow brings 😬

• Like 2

Listening to the pc

April Ryan is a hoot! Shes’s A bit fangirly, says he’s sexy.....

6AC0F801-CA76-4EB1-86FF-3AC7D4785F6E.thumb.png.670bceef6ca94fe784b64afec91dfa94.png

This is the running suit that Clay says he’s ‘not’ sexy in.  Are you kidding that is hot! No seriously hot  🔥 it’s made of black velvet 😅