How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

It sucks when real life gets in the way. 😂

I watched here and there, it was all virtual so the blue shirt was Clay’s pre-recorded intro.. and the plaid was the actual live stream when they gave away the awards. I didn’t get to hear the girl sing, but the boy that won was extraordinary. I liked the guy named Christian because he was cute, talented and funny. Reminded me of one of the judges 😉 

I’m off to walk and listen to the podcast, quick before it gets steamy out there- we are about to hit the 80’s for the first time this year.

ps.. I love the way ur church is opening slowly, I’m so mask confused 🙃

Best podcast in weeks!

I loved this guest (Young Turks) told it like it is. LOVED how Clay can’t get a conservative on the show, so he plays devils advocate and makes himself one 🤣 I forgot smart in the above description. Lord that Aiken guy is smart, stood toe to toe with this double PHD.. who I’m sure was a little surprised by just how much Clay knew. 

Also people in my town gonna think I’m 🤪  As I’m walking with my earbuds in and I start laughing hysterically, like at 13 and a half minutes in.. Clay u funny 😂

CV has put in the vault just the Clay clips from the Rising Star event the other night.  Watching now, and enjoying every minute of it. (If you need help obtaining the clip, let me know...)

It's ROOFING day at our house!  We've been in our house since August 1999, and we just paid it off!  So, now the repairs begin, with a new line of credit.  LOL.  Anyway, the first thing is a roof -- and it's a good thing too, because there were several leaks/holes in it!  Hopefully, the roofers will be done today.

What's everyone else's day/week like?

2 weeks back at playschool and my granddaughter has a 101 temp 🥵 

I miss the days of staying home and not even getting a cold. My daughter took her in yesterday for a test, at least it’s not covid.

As for. Clay, just waiting to hear when he will appear on the game show. How bad would I love to hear Clay have to come up with the dominatrix commands?

Answer:

pretty bad 🤤

Very interesting!

if Clay’s running it you know it will be the truth in news.

I guess I don’t get where the hell we’re supposed to tune in. I see in the comment section they are asking the same thing 🤪

Email from the National Inclusion Project.  Sounds like a fun evening!

Karaoke for Inclusion

Saturday, Sept 11, 2021 @ 6pm

Join us in Durham, NC on The Roof at The Durham Hotel for a night of fun, food, fellowship and karaoke hosted by Clay Aiken! Sit back and enjoy dinner, drinks, exciting performances, the beautiful venue and even get in on the action! Prizes will be awarded for best singer, best entertainer and even Clay’s favorite. All proceeds will support NIP’s mission of ensuring that no child is left on the sidelines.

Registration opens June 9th at 12noon ET. Seats are limited so don't miss your chance for the first ever Karaoke for Inclusion! Learn ALL the details by clicking the button below...

Also from the same email, the Gala is postponed until Spring 2022.

For those wondering about the Founders' Gala...

The Gala Committee has been hard at work putting together a wonderful Gala weekend full of inspiration, memory-making, and fun. To make it easier for everyone to participate, we have decided that Spring 2022 is the best time for us to have our long-awaited reunion. At that time, we hope to hold the type of Gala we've all come to love without restrictions and worry. Be on the lookout for more details this fall. 

In the meantime, come join us outdoors in Durham on Sept 11th! We can't wait to see you!

Just being a post-ho here....from the National Inclusion Project website.

Karaoke for Inclusion

KARAOKE FOR INCLUSION

Saturday, Sept 11, 2021 @ 6pm

Join us in Durham, NC on The Roof at The Durham Hotel for a night of fun, food, fellowship and karaoke! Sit back and enjoy dinner, drinks, exciting performances, the lovely outdoor venue and even get in on the action at the first Karaoke for Inclusion night hosted by National Inclusion Project (NIP) Co-Founder Clay Aiken. Prizes will be awarded for best singer, best entertainer and even Clay’s favorite! All proceeds will support NIP’s mission of ensuring that no child is left on the sidelines.

Make it a full day by joining an intimate lunch gathering of NIP supporters for an Aiken style cookout hosted by Faye (Clay’s Mom) in her backyard in Raleigh. Listen to our Co-Founders Clay and Diane tell a few old stories, catch up with old friends, learn more about the future of NIP and enjoy some good old fashioned NC BBQ with all the fixin’s. We plan on starting the fun around 11:00am on Saturday.

Tickets

Karaoke Only Ticket - $500

60 available

Karaoke for Inclusion

Dinner & Drinks included

Includes a $350 tax deductible donation

Combo Ticket - $2,500

25 available

Karaoke for Inclusion & Cookout at Faye's

Dinner & Drinks included at both events

Includes a $2300 tax deductible donation

Registration

Registration opens June 9th at 12noon ET. (A link will pop up on this page in multiple places.) The first ones to register for each ticket will receive an email from NIP within 24 hours giving them information on how to pay. The others will be added to the waitlist. If payment is not received by the specified date in email confirmation (with 1 reminder), we will contact the next person on the waitlist to offer them the ticket, so on and so forth until all tickets are claimed.

Credit card and check payments will be accepted. Payment must be received within a few weeks after registration. Receipts will go to the person who pays for each ticket. Each person can register for up to 2 people (they can pay separately).

Location and Hotel Info

Karaoke for Inclusion will be held at The Roof restaurant at the top of The Durham Hotel. It is located at 315 E. Chapel Hill St, Durham, NC 27701. This local boutique hotel has been gracious enough to offer our guests a special hotel room rate of $169+taxes and fees until Thursday, August 26, 2021. 

Click Here for reservations, enter your stay dates between Thursday, September 9 – Sunday, September 12, 2021, select your room type and a confirmation will be sent to you upon completion of your reservation, or contact the hotel directly at 919-768-8830 and request a reservation under the National Inclusion Project room block. 

If you'd rather not stay at The Durham or they run out of rooms, there are plenty of other hotels in the area. The ones closest to the venue (within 1 block) are the Durham Marriott City Center and Unscripted Durham. Check out the Visitor's Center for more info.

For those joining us at Faye’s, her location will be sent directly to ticket holders prior to the event.

Singers Wanted!

Do you have the voice of an angel? How about the personality of an Idol? Now is your chance to show us (and CLAY) what you’ve got! Singers must have a ticket to the event to hit the stage and Karaoke for Inclusion. Interested as an individual, duet or group? Let us know when you make your payment. Or email TonyaGillham@inclusionproject.org.

And one more, this one about the show.  Still no network, but it's going to be daily.  I'm thinking it may be syndicated.

American Idol: Clay Aiken To Produce New Drag Queen-Led Daily News Show

American Idol: Clay Aiken To Produce New Drag Queen-Led Daily News Show

Clay Aiken is coming out with NewsBeat, a daily news show featuring Bianca Del Rio and more RuPaul's Drag Race alum as anchors and correspondents.

BY MAGGIE MEAD

PUBLISHED 14 HOURS AGO

In the wake of COVID-19, it seems there are many new and unique shows in production, including a daily news show produced by American Idol alum Clay Aiken. The memorable season two contestant is tapping into the RuPaul’s Drag Race fandom for his new show by featuring drag queen commentators and correspondents. Aiken is seeking to get more people engaged in current events by creating a news show as entertaining as it is informative. Based on the lineup of drag queens involved in the project, he has achieved his goal.

Aiken was a contestant on the early days of American Idol on one of the show’s best seasons. Though he came in second to winner Ruben Studdard, Aiken’s popularity was undeniable. He has had a successful recording and Broadway career, but in recent years has become an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ+ rights and political activism. Aiken has even gotten involved in politics personally and ran for the House of Representatives in 2014, though he lost to his Republican opponent. But Aiken isn’t done with the entertainment world yet, and his new show sounds like a hit in the making.

According to Deadline, Aiken is an executive producer on the new show NewsBeat. The show will feature RPDR season six winner Bianca Del Rio and RPDR alum Nina West as anchors and political analysts tackling news topics and issues of the day. Drag queens Lady Bunny, Delta Work, and Lyle will also serve as correspondents who will interview politicians and newsmakers in pre-taped segments. Deadline reports the pilot episode will include interviews with James Carville, Touré, and Scottie Nell-Hughes.

Aiken commented that it was important for him to find a way to make politics and current events something that captivated viewers while also presenting a serious news show. “We wanted to find a way to keep people really informed—give them important news and objective information—and still keep it entertaining and engaging. We wanted to make the news appointment TV again without needing to sensationalize it or scare or depress folks. NewsBeat is really about facts first, but it is also about making the news interesting again.”

The American Idol alum’s new project certainly sounds like something viewers would take a shine to, and with the help of a few talented drag queens, NewsBeat is shaping up to be a news show that’s as enjoyable as it is informative. Many RuPaul’s Drag Race queens have been branching out with their own shows, and Aiken’s news show looks like a novel way to keep drag fans up-to-date on current events. Aiken has come a long way from the singing sensation he was on season two, and his show is his most recent in a long line of hits.

Fearso sorry to hear that.. when I saw this I thought of you right away! 

I wished I lived that close. Would I sing in front of Clay Aiken? Hell to the no!  I would have to have a lot of alcohol, then I feel like I would be judged- oh just hell no 😳😂 

Do Claymates sing?

I've never done karaoke in my life.  But....I honestly think I'd try this if I could afford it.  Sadly, I can't afford it at this time.

I think part of the appeal of karaoke is the idea that most people who try it know full well they can't sing all that well.  They can probably carry a tune, but aren't going to be trying for a career in music any time soon.  Those who think they can make a career usually end up on "The Voice" or "American Idol."  LOL!

Yes.. but there is a fine line between being bad at it and just pure humiliation, I’m afraid I fall into the latter.  Remember his friend Kristy on that star search show he judged in 2006? Yeah, she has a voice of an angel compared to me! If I could get him to laugh like that though it might be worth it. 😄

There is a new podcast up.. I’ll let ldyj do her stuff. 

I have to tell ya how relieved I am. When it didn’t go up yesterday I was worried he was giving up one politicon venture for another. 😓

maybe he still will, but let’s hope not. I love listening to him speak for an hour a week!

I thought I posted this…but realized I forgot to hit the submit button!  Yikes!  

Good news: the podcast is up.  Scottie Nell Hughes is the guest, and I just finished listening to it. Conservative pundit and progressive host come together on a number of issues. Really good episode!