How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

I hope Clay (in Raleigh) is OK!

A more complete listing of when Clay should be on $100,000 Pyramid.

https://www.distractify.com/p/100000-pyramid-celebrity-guests

I've been taping the episodes, and last night's was episode 6.  This article says Clay will be on episode 11, which means his episode is on August 11.

Interview with Clay regarding his stint next week in the Hamptons.

https://en.calameo.com/read/00363009348cd37a9505f

Great interview, although I think Clay's being pretty hard on himself to think his coming out as gay helped with the closure of Spamalot.

On the other hand, I'm now claiming to be one of Clay's fruit flies....

post-797-0-16573100-1625753546.jpeg

post-797-0-26466800-1625754446.jpeg

Good investigative work on the game show! Unfortunately, I will be sitting on the top of a mountain in WY when it airs 😥

The word ‘fruit’ has a negative connotation for me.. I don’t like it, but I have to say it’s kinda funny.

i was sad to hear what Clay had to say about the fans Spamalot was due to end with or without him anyway, right? Interesting perspective from him.. I want to hear more, write that book!

Awww Clay is nervous- come to Mik hon, I’ll be willing to hold ya 😝

We're getting reports from the second show now -- sounds like a different order of songs from the previous show.  I'm not sure if I'll get this done tonight, probably tomorrow instead.  I'll pull together the set lists and and any other comments.

Paraphrasing some of the recaps.  

Keyboard only -- Ben Cohn!

Hot and humid night, so his hair was really slicked back.  Tan khakis, white/small plaid shirt.

Set List: Unchained Melody, MOAM, Run to Me, When I See You Smile, Because You Loved Me, Something About Us, It's Impossible, Somewhere, This is the Night, BOTW, Moon River

Open Arms, Somewhere Out There and At this Moment was also performed, but not sure where in the set

Clay was pretty snarky, but also told some sweet stories too.

Also, the Clay Random Lyric Generator was there -- Something About Us in particular

It seems there was a local photographer there to take pictures of the event.

Recap from dancermom at CV, reprinted with permission.

Boy...we made it back home in record time after a horrible drive out to the Hamptons. 4 hours out to the Hamptons and 1 hour and 20 minutes back home including dropping jc4aikenheart off in Queens first.

Clay got caught in the same traffic mess we did and the sound check was late and then the table set up was late so us being late was not such a disaster as I catastrophized in the car stuck moving at 5 mph on the Long Island Expressway. I tried to buy tickets for the 2nd show fearing I wasn't going to even make the first show but the they were no longer selling tickets. 

The manager for this show was a peach. He seated jc4aikenheart with us even though we had not bought our tickets together. When I asked him about staying for the 2nd show he said no problem. He said he would just charge us $100 per person to stay. It wasn't on our final charge but we will see if it shows up separately. We did spend generously for dinner and 2nd dinner and 2 bottles of wine so he didn't lose money on us.

Clay was in great voice. There were a lot of NJU there from the area in the Hamptons. There were fans there but in no way were the "regulars" the majority of people there.

Clay got a lot of applause. No standing ovations but it wasn't that kind of venue. They were serving people while he was singing and at first there was some conversation going on but that quieted down the more into the show we got. It's as if people said...whoah...wait a second...gotta listen.

The time I said...hey sit down -- someone went to the empty table in front of us when she wasn't originally seated there and was STANDING UP. I was like honey...if you want to go there SIT THE EFF DOWN. I didn't say that out loud but I was sure thinking it. Zero situational awareness.

Clay was in great voice. The Aiken Random Lyric Generator was in full force on WYSYS. There is something about that song that just messes with him. 

It was so good to see Ben. He also looked very happy to working. Mark said on the way home -- Ben is really talented. He just plays the piano and makes it all seem so easy and he and Clay really have a connection. Ben just seems to know how to play along with Clay no matter the ARLG.

It was very intimate venue. He was literally right there. 

Traffic was worth it.

And Mark is a dear for taking me out there. He was totally stay for the 2nd. We drove all the way out here we shouldn't just see one.

Clay was snarky and told stories!?!? Lordy, I hope some peeps managed a bit of video out of there. 

Thanks to dancermom for the recap.. I’m a bit surprised they don’t keep their entertainment out there, instead of taking the chance they may not make it back in, Ive heard that the LI expressway is a mess.

I loved the ‘sit the EFF down’ I’m afraid I would have said it out loud.. nicely of course 😏

There is no doubt Ben and Clay have a great musical connection. Clay is lucky to have a friend that can bring the talent the way Ben does. ❤️

The female contestant in the "Rising Stars" competition that Clay hosted won the national award!

— Durham, NC (@DurhamNC) July 16, 2021

Does anyone remember what she sang in the contest?

Here's a local news article. 

https://www.wral.com/durham-school-of-the-arts-actress-wins-national-award-for-best-performance/19775480/

I find the article confusing. Did both teens from North Carolina win the national award?*

I don't think so, but they're certainly giving the guys (in this case, the local winner) close to equal time. Here's another article:

https://abc11.com/triangle-rising-stars-elena-holder-joshua-messmore-durham-performing-arts-center/10889734/

*OK, I watched the embedded video. Bryson Battle of Charlotte did win the national award, so both NC teens won, but only the local, Triangle winner of best actress did. I would have liked to hear more from her and about her than we got from either source.

Pictures from Thursday night.

https://www.societyallure.com/Hamptons-2021/American-Idol-star-Clay-Aiken-performs-at-CLARISSA/i-4zq6Mkb/A

I had to scroll through them backwards.  There are a TON, and this is probably from the professional photographer.  Several pictures of attendees as well, and I see lots of people I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry jmh, I only watched a little of that rising stars show. I did see the young man sing that won. One thing is for sure those kids in the triangle are super talented!

okay.. so maybe I freak easy, but I so dislike daytime outdoor concerts. So hard to drool over Clay Aiken with a camera in your face :0 I would have this dorky look on my face and he could see it- oh hell no.

But just look at him up there just doing his thing.. with his 40 yr old guy shoes, kornaki khakis, little poochy tummy and slicked back gangsta hair. Gah I just ❤️❤️❤️ him

Had to get use to the hair but after seeing it in videos and still picture I like it.  He sang great.  Wish I could of gone but I was on a bike tour even if I could of afforded it. Can not wait to see him in September. 

• Like 1

My sister had tickets but couldn't go at the last minute due to a medical condition. She was really bummed about it. That's why I didn't get tickets to the karaoke event despite it being an hour and a half away. Although I am thinking about having someone stay with husband and just going for the event. He owes me a bithday gift so I'm sure he would pay for the event.

Swapping computers and really don't want to download on my new one. So haven't listened to the show.