How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

On 8/9/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mik4clay said:

Holy cow.. you can’t get any closer to window breakage than that! So lucky!

We were to leave for WY yesterday. There is a wildfire 30 miles from where we set up camp. No campfires and smoke obscuring the beautiful mt views.. not for me 😕  We will try again next year.

On the bright side, I get to see Clay on the gameshow as it’s airing Wed nite! I think it’s this week anyway.

Sorry about your trip Mik.  I've only ridden a train through Wyoming, so I need to visit.

As for Pyramid...it's now looking like it will be August 25....

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-Coming-Up-on-a-New-Episode-of-THE-100000-PYRAMID-on-ABC-Wednesday-August-25-2021-20210810

Now that’s just right- don’t move- stay just like that you hottie

-so glad the man listens to me . Lol

Got to sneak n a few minutes of the podcast. Let me be clear, I could listen to Clay Aiken talk all day and night. But some might want to hear what Mary has to say too 🤣😬

14 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

Now that’s just right- don’t move- stay just like that you hottie

-so glad the man listens to me . Lol

Got to sneak n a few minutes of the podcast. Let me be clear, I could listen to Clay Aiken talk all day and night. But some might want to hear what Mary has to say too 🤣😬

Kind of agree with this. Love Clay and his big brain, but sometimes I do wnt to hear the guest. By the way, she was great! She mentioned critical thinking skills, and that is near and dear to my heart as a libraria. 

Can I vent?  A friend of mine is sick with Covid. Another one that went to a funeral last week.  I chose not to go just because….  That’s 2 I know of.  I just found out another friends son and hubby are not vaccinated. The son is 17 and has been recruited to play college baseball.   He just is ambivalent. He’ll get it if he has to to play ball. Why not now?  I’m just sick of people who don’t get it cos they can’t be bothered.  It’s them that are spreading this.  My friend idolizes her 13 year old who was a 1lb preemie.  If that child got sick my friend wouldn’t survive.  Did she not care enough? And yes I’m judging! I just don’t care anymore!
I’m going to not watch the news or check messages.  I’ve had enough bad news for today. 
I’m going to watch the guys build my pool. It’s only been 4 months.  

omg she went to a gun show expo unvaxxed and unmasked!   I have no words.  

Vent away merrieeee!  I do feel for the people who can't afford to take time off for work (or the after effects of the shots) -- I wish workplaces would bring in nurses to give the shots and then give all employees two days off.  But the rest?  Nope, no sympathy from me either.  They make me crazy.

You guys, I have niece who is trying to get tickets to see Mike Flynn spread his conspiracy theories. Yes, I have talked to her about it. There are people in my family who have said they will NEVER get a shot! What I don’t understand is where is the compassion? They sit in the front rows of the Catholic Churches each week where they listen how God is love.. yet all they care about is their freedoms. This country is waaay too spoiled, IMO.

I went into a crowd for the first time this past weekend (about 30 people- all family) I’ve been vaxxed since last March, so I test before I see the grandkids. I try not to be too anxious, don’t think I didn’t ask if the person was vaxxed b4 I sat down for a chat!

so, I get it merrieeee .. it looks like I needed this space to vent also 🤣

ps.  What’s depressing me more is the Afghans .. esp worried about the women :(

I've been on campus with students in our library for the past few days.  Attendance is WAY down from before the pandemic, but still....it's been crazy.  Fortunately, our college instituted a mask mandate.  However, students think they can come into the library with their mask up, and as soon as they sit down at a computer -- the mask comes down.  Sigh.  I've also had to be near people to help them, and it makes me extremely nervous!

Christianity.  I am a Christian, but one who believes in "love your neighbor as yourself."  I also believe that God tries his best to protect me...by showing me science, doctors, etc.  The ones who say "God will protect me" are the ones that drive me crazy.  (Did you hear about the Catholic Cardinal who kept saying that, while being maskless?  He's now on a ventilator.)  

That article Clay linked was a good one.  I feel terrible for the women in Afghanistan, but there was just no way the situation was going to resolve itself peacefully.  Adam Kinzinger said it -- this was the fault of both the Democrats and the Republicans.  

I hadn’t heard about the Cardinal.. but it sure doesn’t surprise me

Any more than the Texas Gov who spouts off and now is sick and getting to take the monoclonal antibodies 🙄

when the hell are these people going to learn? Like some of Clay’s family who are in the hospital.. Jeesh, it’s getting serious at that point.

Adam Kinzinger- right again!

Anyone keeping up on current events? I learned today that it was my son’s squadron at the Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany, that went into the C17 cargo plane and found the afghan woman giving birth! I can’t wait to talk to him to see how that all went down, a guy who doesn’t want kids for fear of that sight 🤣

i admit I didn’t know much about the Afghanistan situation.. but I sure do now after How the Heck! That was such an informative podcast. I felt the need to take a quiz when it was done  ;))

12 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

Anyone keeping up on current events? I learned today that it was my son’s squadron at the Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany, that went into the C17 cargo plane and found the afghan woman giving birth! I can’t wait to talk to him to see how that all went down, a guy who doesn’t want kids for fear of that sight 🤣

i admit I didn’t know much about the Afghanistan situation.. but I sure do now after How the Heck! That was such an informative podcast. I felt the need to take a quiz when it was done  ;))

ME!  Although I only saw a brief headline about that certain situation you mentioned.  That is now his claim to fame!  LOL!

I finally got a chance to listen to the podcast yesterday, and I learned so much!  Great job, as usual, from the gang.

Better pictures (ie, without waterrmarks) of Clay's appearance on Pyramid:  https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/100000-pyramid/episodes/ana-gasteyer-vs-luke-kirby-and-ashanti-vs-clay-aiken/?fbclid=IwAR0c_7_3ZUfh1Ek_64omcxE8ONwo5mnxF8AmOk5jB4RW854knTJ5odVMO3c

Hi there!  Just hibernating for a while.   I have Alexa in the software embedded in  my fridge and I asked it to play 90s music.  It sounds great except one slight glitch……it’s playing music from the 1790s.  I love classical music so I’ll just keep it on.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1