How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

On 7/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, ldyjocelyn said:

Oh my.  From Facebook, an intro video to this week's podcast.

How many of us had pink hair on our Clay Bingo card?

image.png

Ok ok I get it.. shush up about the grey, Mik, or it’s gonna get worse!

🤣 Like I said before.. you dye that once a week that shits going to fall out!

The View had a piece about Kathy Griffin and cancel culture. Remember she was shunned for holding up the Trump severed head? When it was Meghan’s turn to talk she brought up how horrible she was to Clay and how it was a good thing that he was so strong because she made homophobic jokes about him when he was still deep in the closet.

I know as fans we didn’t like her, no one should be able to try to out someone or make fun of them b/c of their sexual orientation. Today it wouldn’t be funny like hit was, I guess, back then. I finally agreed with Meghan McCain 😬 and right before she’s about to leave!

1 hour ago, Mik4clay said:

The View had a piece about Kathy Griffin and cancel culture. Remember she was shunned for holding up the Trump severed head? When it was Meghan’s turn to talk she brought up how horrible she was to Clay and how it was a good thing that he was so strong because she made homophobic jokes about him when he was still deep in the closet.

I know as fans we didn’t like her, no one should be able to try to out someone or make fun of them b/c of their sexual orientation. Today it wouldn’t be funny like hit was, I guess, back then. I finally agreed with Meghan McCain 😬 and right before she’s about to leave!

I go back and forth on this.

• There's only been one person who has interacted with Clay that I cannot stand to look at today, and that's Kelly Ripa.  So I wouldn't say I ever really hated Kathy Griffin.
  • Do I like KG's brand of comedy?  No.  She's way too crass for me, although I think in real life she's a pretty good person.  But I actually do think for a time that Clay liked her comedy.  
  • I loved KG's and Clay's appearance together on the American Music Awards...
  • ...but am I thinking that Clay may not have enjoyed that appearance with her?  It seems like I remember that from somewhere.
  • Meghan McCain's politics are not my politics...
  • ...but I love that she loves Clay like a brother.
  • Having said that, I do think that Meghan shouldn't be "happy" (if that's the correct word) for KG having cancer.  No one should suffer through cancer, and Meghan should know that.

I agree that Kathy was actually funny at times. Her schtick on Catholics was spot on.. I laughed so hard when she sounded exactly like my mother 😂

Meghan is getting slammed now on social media for saying that Kathy owes Clay an apology for being so mean to him before he came out, despite  the fact that she has lung cancer and an opioid addiction - both of which Meghan’s parents have had. I suppose Karma can be a bitch.. and  say that because one of the first things that comes up when you google Clay and Kathy is an article from 2008 where she is ripping Clay for not being nice to her when she thought he should thank her for helping him in a way to come out 🙄 

I too love how Meghan loves him ❤️

1 hour ago, Mik4clay said:

Oh dear, this may backfire on good friend Meghan. She only had his past mental health in mind- good intentions. but maybe not speak for him 😬

Let's put it this way -- Twitter is not treating Meghan kindly at the moment.

And to wit, Page 6 is covering this:  Clay Aiken wishes Kathy Griffin well after Meghan McCain ‘View’ flap (Full text in News thread)

LOL!

Back at work for my first full day since mid-March 2020.  I've been in a few times during the pandemic, but it was only half days.  School doesn't start until August 16, so it has been QUIET.  I mean, nobody here but me and my boss.  I'm still masking up though!  It will be a requirement beginning next week anyway, so I figured get used to it now.

• Like 1

CV is back up, it actually came back up yesterday morning.  You may need to change your bookmark though.

New podcast is up:

Professor Elwood Watson works at East Tennessee State University, focusing on history, African American studies and gender studies.

I hope they are having a great day, Parker, Clay and Jaymes.  Quite a turning point age.  Both my sons were working for me to earn an allowance. Gave them a lot of experience with numbers and financial statements. I wish we had been able to see Parker as he grew up but I can understand their reluctance especially with all the lunatic things some fans have done over the years.

My husband and I just got home from a family reunion.  All of 24 people there.  It's usually at 60-70 people.  Also got to see my brother and his wife, which was the first time for them since 2019.  

Driving home, we beat the storms!  Managed to unpack and then lay down on our bed.  The wind started for an upcoming storm...and then a scraping noise on our house.  Turns out a dead tree (not on our property but in the woods behind our house) decided to fall down!  We're lucky, as I was afraid that tree would land on our roof and crash through it, hitting us in our bedroom.  Needless to say, my husband has some wood to chop tomorrow.....

Holy cow.. you can’t get any closer to window breakage than that! So lucky!

We were to leave for WY yesterday. There is a wildfire 30 miles from where we set up camp. No campfires and smoke obscuring the beautiful mt views.. not for me 😕  We will try again next year.

On the bright side, I get to see Clay on the gameshow as it’s airing Wed nite! I think it’s this week anyway.