#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

*crosses fingers and toes*

I'm still liking these numbers...a lot. If nothing else, it seems he'll be tracking over 200,000 at this point, which makes me smile. If he's number 2, that's fine with me.

I'd prefer number 1, though.

CHART DATE: 09/25/2006

LAST UPDATE: 09/26/2006 08:50:20

NOW IN: 73.37%

LW TW artist / album label power index

1 1 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE JIVE/ZLG 205,709

FUTURE SEX/LOVE SOUNDS

-- 2 CLAY AIKEN RCA LABEL GROUP 179,756

A THOUSAND DIFFERENT WAYS

-- 3 FERGIE A&M/INTERSCOPE 152,503

THE DUTCHESS

-- 4 KENNY CHESNEY SBMG NASHVILLE/BNA 128,237

LIVE THOSE SONGS AGAIN

2 5 JOHN MAYER AWARE/COLUMBIA/CRG 114,565

CONTINUUM

====================================

Justin :bananasign::bananasign::bananasign:

LAST UPDATE: 09/26/2006 09:32:07

NOW IN: 83.34%

LW TW artist / album label power index

1 1 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE JIVE/ZLG 231,066

FUTURE SEX/LOVE SOUNDS

-- 2 CLAY AIKEN RCA LABEL GROUP 206,631

-- 3 FERGIE A&M/INTERSCOPE 158,468

THE DUTCHESS

-- 4 KENNY CHESNEY SBMG NASHVILLE/BNA 141,635

LIVE THOSE SONGS AGAIN

2 5 JOHN MAYER AWARE/COLUMBIA/CRG 141,097

YAY he broke through 200K...

highest debuting album...beating out Fergie...totally cool!!!!

Final numbers!!!

LAST UPDATE: 09/26/2006 09:51:02

NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change

1 1 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE JIVE/ZLG 231,066 -67%

FUTURE SEX/LOVE SOUNDS

-- 2 CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 206,631 --

-- 3 FERGIE A&M/INTERSCOPE 158,468 --

THE DUTCHESS

-- 4 KENNY CHESNEY SBMG NASHVILLE/BNA 141,635 --

LIVE THOSE SONGS AGAIN

2 5 JOHN MAYER AWARE/COLUMBIA/CRG 141,097 -51%

CONTINUUM

After reading posts on other boards from this last update, I'm gonna say this:

I refuse to mourn "what could have been."

Maybe RCA and Clive f**ked up; I'll never know, because I'm not in Clay Aiken's board room. But it is water under the bridge at this point...and instead, I look at it like this:

I've got a beautiful album in my hands.

Several of my friends and colleagues have a beautiful album in their hands.

Everyone mentioned above LOVES this album.

Clay has the highest debuting album of the week; very few artists get that.

He sold 200,000 copies; most artists would be incredibly grateful for that.

He'll make another album on the strength of those sales.

And more than anything else...

Clay Aiken is in my life. For that, I'm eternally grateful.

COngratulations Clay for the highest debut of the week!!!

200K plus at this times of depressed CD sales aint bad. I think this just gives a message to RCA...that maybe if they had more promo he could;ve sold better...this is astounding for a CD that didn;t get radio play. I think RCA will be very happy with this.

Clay's future is very bright indeed...he has proven he can sell even without AI. BUT he does need radio...so I think the next time around...we will see better support. Its all good!!!

btw some reports from the line...from Artquest:

Right after we got our CDs signed, Jimmy Kimmel comes in with a huge sign saying “I love Clay” and Jerome grabs Clay and rushes him out the back door and Kimmel chases him waving the sign and yelling CLAYY!!!

Artquest said he said he was feeling great and he looked great.

All that conspiracy crap is making my eyes cross :wacko: . Are all the level-headed posters in line at Kimmel?

Who should be pissed? Miss Fergie Ferg herself with her skanky single and video in heavy rotation. "Oh Snap" indeed....

===================================

I'm glad to hear Clay is looking well and happy. I'll try to take a nap before Kimmel, but I'll be in front of my TV promptly at 12:05. EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I am coming to the conclusion that the movers and shakers in this country are too busy making fun of Clay, so he may have to go overseas to really achieve the recognitions he deserves. An Asian tour could bring him a lot of fans.

Edited by playbiller

I am coming to the conclusion that the movers and shakers in this country are too busy making fun of Clay, so he may have to go overseas to really achieve the recognitions he deserves. An Asian tour could bring him a lot of fans.

Although I don;t quite agree that he needs to go to Asia to get recognition...I do think an asian tour would be great for him his music and style will be very popular there.

I think this CD will be considered a niche project and if we look at it as such the numbers are really great. If we also lookd at the fact that pop male artist are not selling as well...except for JT that had mucho promo and is more urban/hiphop/R&B than pop and JM that also had great radio and TV promo...CLay;s sale has really been phenomenal.

I actually think that this may be one of those situations that 2nd is better. The fact that he was within striking distance of JT's numbers this week may send a message to RCA...that he could do with a little radio promo and that the fans cannot do it all for them. This may motivate them to invest on radio play for the next CD. On the other hand the fact that he was the highest debut this week and sold 200K plus with the type of promo and stock issues he has had will also show RCA that he is indeed a commercial success and an asset they cannot overlook.

It is all in context...MOAM had the AI hype to help it sell. MCWL was being sold during Christmas when sales are generally higher...This week seem to be slow week in comparison to the past few weeks...JT had a huge slump...heavy rotation on TRL and radio play and BEP connection failed to help Fergie...JM had a bigslump too. I think people are just not up to buying CDs this week.

Clay is doing very well...better than most artist that have radio hits....

Can't wait for Kimmel!!!

Those pictures are sooooo cute!!!!!

Well..... I meant go overseas and Asia seemed like a good place to start. I find that many artists who are big outside the US, get more respect. DOn't know why, it is almost like a bit of self hatred.

I know that that was the way BSB got attention and respect in the US. They concentrated on the Asian and European market first. But I think thats because at the time it was hard to get some attention from the US market. The thing is Clay has the attention of the US market. I just don;t think he has found his place in the music landscape yet. It should've been established with this CD...but it seems like CLive wanted a sure commercial success more than just establishing Clay's musical direction. I am hoping since this CD is not being hailed as a huge success Clive would just let Clay determine the sound of the next CD.

I heard that ms Tomato got her wristband for Kimmel and got her autograph from Clay...they cut off the line right after her.

Apparently Clay remembered her and had a lot to say about her name...hee

we will have to wait for her recap...but

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope our other FCAers were just as lucky!!!!

can;t wait for the reports....

bottlecap, thank you for bringing the pretties. I've gotta say, I'm loving this look on him..casual chic. The hair is looking really good at the moment, nice color and cut. While Steeeve seems to be going for monochromatic in the clothes, I think it looks really cool. At least all the clothes fit. And they don't look like someone's couch. :P

I'm still really impressed by the numbers from today. Yes, there was a twinge of disappointment. But at this point, it's neither here nor there, and I will continue to celebrate the man known as Clay Aiken.

He's such a cute boyfriend.

OMG...KAndre is on the CH cellstream and she is just a hoot...

OH NO...no clack

she said there is a spinning disco ball...she said a thousand days was the greatest

HE had the glory note of all glory note on WY...

oh she got filmed by the RCA videographer...and she asked Clay if He thinks Clive was Evil and he just looked at her in horror.

I guess they asked her for some question and she asked all about promotions and if he is worried and all the hard hitting question.

He kept forgetting the words to sorry and coming in to the wrong notes...

she said there were a lot of viewo playing in Virgin that we havenlt seen before and is supposed to go up on the OFC.

OMG...she said a lot of stuff and we will wait for ehr reacap she said she will make sure to do it ASAP...

I knew our FCAers will do good. Couchtomato had a great M&G too...he apparently was teasing her about her name again oh we will need to get her recap also...and muski and Claygasm...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ok...its Clay segment soon..

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I went to bed after Kimmel, but I couldn't get to sleep for some reason, so here I am at 1:50am in the freakin' morning....

"Ah shaved mah leg for yew!" Hysterical!

Anytime your friends or family think you are too crazy, er, "ENTHUSIASTIC" [tm CHA] about Clay, you can now reply: "At least I don't have a tattoo on my back...." and point to the video from Kimmel. :blink: HA!

Off to do a bit of catch up...

ETA: claymatized.com has a couple of pages of Kimmel screencaps up. The tattoo girls are adorable.

Edited by bottlecap