#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

Insider Online - be sure to watch the video clip, too.

Clay's the Man!

CLAY AIKEN may be getting a lot of coverage in the tabloids, but he's always happy for the chance to sing, and grateful to his devoted fans who call themselves Clay-mates!

"It was hard to deal with at first because I was like, 'What? Clay-mates?'" he reveals to our LARA SPENCER. "But, you know, you gotta love 'em. They're very loyal and supportive, so I'm very grateful."

The once-gawky Raleigh kid who debuted three years ago on "American Idol" has a legion of fans, better known as the "Clay Nation." But he modestly says he has "no idea" why they adore him. Could it be the new hair?

"I don't recognize myself right now," he says about his new bangs. "I still haven't gotten used to this whole thing. It's a process. The whole transformation from ugly to not-as-ugly happened very slowly," he jokes.

But Clay gets serious when talking about his journey since "Idol."

"It's hard to do this business without maturing a little. I'm much more savvy now. I'm much more aware of my surroundings, of business. I was showing vacation pictures, and there comes a point where I've realized, you know, give them an inch, they'll take a mile!"

Part of that is the public fascination with his sexuality, which he addresses in the new issue of People, on stands tomorrow.

"What do you say [to that question]?" he tells the magazine. "It's like when I was eight. I remember something would get broken in the house, and Mom and Dad would call me in and say, 'Did you do this?' Well, it didn't matter what I said. The only thing they would believe was yes. ... People are going to believe what they want."

To Lara, he says, "I understand 'Clay Aiken leads a really boring life' is not a good headline and you have to sell a paper. I'm trying to get to that point where I just don't care anymore. You can't change people's minds, and I want to sing. That's what I like doing and I enjoy my job. I guess I hate to say it, but you gotta take the good with the bad, because sometimes it's baaaad."

Ding dang it, he eliminated my catchphrase "unreasonable love" - because he is making it perfectly clear why I love him.

And I want my own personal blow-out too.

And hanging in here will be good because I was getting a tad pissy on other boards, though I'm sure y'all couldn't tell.

part of me feels sad that Clay has to deal with stuff, but then I realize that many fans give him as much to deal with as any tabloid, so I think he has learned to cope and that everything pretty is not good.

Well, there are some pretties here that can be very bad, but that was not what I wastalking about. Ahem

Do you ever wonder how this Clive hate is going to hurt Clay's career? The new rule at the OFC does not sound arbitrary and I was trying to imagine if my boss heard some of my friends bad mouthing him, how would he feel? Would it hurt my chances for a promotion or raise? Then I wake up and realize I no longer have a job and realize that it could never happen to me, that and the fact that i have no fans, certainly none that would fight for me when I have never asked them to fight for me. Well, heck, I just don't have any fans, period - so Never mind (tm Emily Littela)

Just kind hanging in here, waiting for scans of the People crot.. I mean the People magazine article. ;) I think somebody in NYC should be getting access to them soon, unless they're all at The View taping.

Read some of the summaries of GMA. Sniff. I want to see a happy, giggling guy back on Kimmel again. Y'all knock him over with the force of the Clay Nation's love, please. [Well, not literally... :o I don't want to hear about any of y'all getting carted off by Jerome / Aaron.]

:wub::wub:CLAY :wub::wub:
Edited by bottlecap

Hey! Jerome likes me!

For playbiller, I was going to quote Jessica Rabbit, but I wasn't actually drawn bad, I am bad. C'est la vie.

Ya know what? I think Clay will put all this into perspective eventually, and I'll be bebopping to his dulcet tones for years to come.

want to see a happy, giggling guy back on Kimmel again. Y'all knock him over with the force of the Clay Nation's love, please.

Heh. I'd rather knock him over with the force of the Muski love...if you know what I'm talkin' 'bout. B) Haven't watched the interview here on the West Coast...but from what I'm gathering on the boards, sounds like Clay merely continued to be true to himself. Didn't expect anything else.

I know that here at FCA we don't have signature lines and that's cool. But some time ago...way back...I added these lines from some of my own posts, reflections to be my siggy lines at EAYOR. Now, it seems that no matter what's happening in the Clay world---no matter what new 'controversy' or challenge he's facing in this public journey of his, they still speak the truth for me.

So I'm bringing them here for this one time, if I may.

Rest easy, Clay. Your voice and your heart will carry you where you choose to go.We'll just simply love you along the way.

Clay opens his mouth and releases the joy and spirit in that magical voice and I am his. He gives us so much of himself. He trusts us. I choose to trust him, too.

The VOICE. It's unmistakably Clay. There's no other like it.

Edited by muskifest

I'm going to address playbiller's query first, because I think it is a very good one. I guess my question, for those who want him to bolt from Clive and RCA, is this: what makes you think that anything BETTER will come along at a different record label? I'm thinking of that old chestnut "the grass is always greener on the other side." I know very little about the music business, but it IS a business, and I tend to believe that the stuff RCA does happens at other places as well.

KAndre, my blood pressure has been rising for the past 12 hours; I know exactly what you mean...

..and then Clay shows up on GMA. My heart hurts for him, that he has to deal with this crap. At the same time, though -- he's a shrewd, shrewd man and so incredibly smart with his answers. I love him so very much.

One of my real life friends of 30 years is a sweet heart who is a cool business manager as well and leveraged her computer and accounting backgrounds to become the head of the royalty department of one of the top 3 record companies. Besides running her department and assuring that there is an accurate accounting of royalties, she frequently flies around the country and world and works out deals with the different artists and their lawyers, mostly settling previous deals that have gone sour. I have heard some horror stories, yet some how my friend manages to keep her moral center in a world of sharks. This is a friend that has no idea that I am a Clay fan and I am quite content not to get any inside scoop from her, thank you very much.

I have had the CD in my hands for the last three days, and I’m just now noticing how hawt the picture on the back of the case is. I think I need to get my eyes checked or something. Geez - too destracted by the chocolate-dipped mini-poster, I guess.

ETA: Just checked out the scans of the People magazine article. That, I think, does a very good job of addressing much of the crap.

And I know we're not supposed to be worried about first week sales, but eeeee!! to updated estimates of 250 - 300,000. Are you surprised that I am that shallow? PPffffttt!

Edited by bottlecap

New versions of the fan club photos up on the media page at the OFC. In the very first one, his shoes is untied and the lace is very deliberately dangling. I think it's a hidden message.

:27:

Damn! I know....we got interrupted before I could finish tying them.... B)

heh...edited because I couldn't spell 'tying'...I got....

tongue-tied :P

Edited by muskifest

After watching the clips of the interviews today and subsequently reading various boards,I have this to say:

Diane Sawyer has slipped quite a notch in my book. Yes, the editors had a field day with the interview and most likely she wasn't really as schmarmy as she came across to me. But...I did NOT enjoy that interview and I do not appreciate the slant GMA took in presenting it.

Lara Spencer and The Insider, which never had my respect all that much, actually, now has me nodding in approval. The entire interview was fair and there was an air of comfort between her and Clay that I didn't see between him and Diane. And the editors actually allowed enough of the discussion to air to get some truth out of his Clay's words.

I am tired of Grassy Knoll theories of all kinds.

I hope Clay finds some help from the Paxil and that fans will keep their f*cking hands off of him when he's gracious enough to give them his attention and time. I hope Jerome doesn't stop being vigilant (but is able to stop himself from being a bully). Clay needs him.

Clay Aiken has a voice that is like no other. I need it in my life and cannot imagine my life without it. It's that much a part of me.

I wish I were mumble20mumblemaybemoremumble years younger and a good Christian woman. I'd make sure Clay realized we were meant for each other.

I am SO very proud to "know" this man.

Yup...I am tired of the conspiracy theories too....

BUT, I really can't get upset with Diane. I really don't see where it was a hatchet job. I think Clay seem awkward in the interveiw because its the first time he was talking about it. I like both interveiws because with Diane he seem so real and so human. In the Insider he was totally cute and in control. I think thats two sides of Clay that the public should see. It humanizes Clay somewhat.

I think the fans are upset with Diane because of the way othere entertainment news have used her piece and slanted it the way they want. TO me, it simply proves Clay't point...nothing he says will make a difference.

I am so proud of him...but unfortunately...I am a bit disappointed with the fans. I was hoping people will learn from Clay;s example and just try to let things go and stop being so defensive for Clay. People are still in arms that Clay is still being perceived to be gay...It wasn't Clay's intention to change that...he just wants people to NOT CARE...cos its no ones business. As long as fans let every little diss or suggestion that he is gay make them all livid and defensive this will continually be used as a weapon against Clay.

I am also zen about his sales...I still think it could go to 250K and over. Whether it does or not...this is still a fantastic showing. I simply want to ceelbrate this incredible man. He is a man of principle with lots of heart and humor.

I wuv him....

Yup...I am tired of the conspiracy theories too....

BUT, I really can't get upset with Diane. I really don't see where it was a hatchet job. I think Clay seem awkward in the interveiw because its the first time he was talking about it. I like both interveiws because with Diane he seem so real and so human. In the Insider he was totally cute and in control. I think thats two sides of Clay that the public should see. It humanizes Clay somewhat.

I think the fans are upset with Diane because of the way othere entertainment news have used her piece and slanted it the way they want. TO me, it simply proves Clay't point...nothing he says will make a difference.

I am so proud of him...but unfortunately...I am a bit disappointed with the fans. I was hoping people will learn from Clay;s example and just try to let things go and stop being so defensive for Clay. People are still in arms that Clay is still being perceived to be gay...It wasn't Clay's intention to change that...he just wants people to NOT CARE...cos its no ones business. As long as fans let every little diss or suggestion that he is gay make them all livid and defensive this will continually be used as a weapon against Clay.

I am also zen about his sales...I still think it could go to 250K and over. Whether it does or not...this is still a fantastic showing. I simply want to ceelbrate this incredible man. He is a man of principle with lots of heart and humor.

I wuv him....

I wish that the comments about Clay were only "diss and suggestions". I can't help getting upset but I have stopped writing to the morons, so far. I know they only get high on the Claymates' responses and feel that they are happy with the publicity it generates. I'm trying to take his attitude about trying to stay cool and calm, but I love him so much, I feel like punching some of those vicious morons. I don't think I will be able to keep my big mouth shut when I see Jay Mohr on one of my favorite shows, the Ghost Whisperer. Where's my Paxil, I have to keep calm.

:glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:

This week shouldn't have been so tough, should it? Hugs all around.

============================================

EEEEEEE!!! for The View today, which based on the fan reports from the taping yesterday, should be very good. And EEEEEEE!!!! that I can comfortably take my lunch break around 11:30 and watch Clay's part in real time.

============================================

Claygasm, Couchie, KAndre, I've got something for Clay that I'd like you guys to deliver to him at the Kimmel taping, if you're up for it:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

muskifest, I've got a special assignment for you. Since giving Clay all my money in small increments is taking way too long, I thought I'd cut to the chase. I'm sending you my paycheck in the form of a big wad of twenty dollar bills. Could ya stuff in Clay's jeans for me when you see him? Tankuberrymuss. :P

:wub::wub:CLAY :wub::wub:

Claywright I guess in a way you are right...its tough to let go. I guess we are like moms that hurt more for the stuff that hurts our kids. I guess I simply accepted a long time ago that a lot of peeple will see Clay as gay. I just choose to believe that whether he is gay or not does not affect the fundamental goodness of Clay and does not negate his talent.

Could ya stuff in Clay's jeans for me when you see him? Tankuberrymuss. :P

Geez, bottle... <_< Give me a HARD job, why doncha? Those danged jeans are already stuffed past safety guidelines! How the hell am I suppose to get my hands down ther....

:blink:

B) oh, never mind. I'll do my best. :)

I’ve been having a tear-your-hair out morning, but I managed to scramble away from my desk long enough to catch Clay’s interview and song on The View. He looked elegant and sophisticated in his new gray pin-striped shirt. He seemed articulate (when he could get a word in edgewise) and approachable, and his song sounded fantastic. All in all, I think he projected a very grown-up, mature image. Squeezes to Rosie for sitting there the whole time with a copy of ATDW pointed out at the camera. I hope that appearance sells another ton of CDs. [HDD and their yo-yoing sales estimates can bite me.]

I watched this interview this morning and I am very impressed by Rosie. I have never been a fan of Rosie, but I think that I have changed my mind now, at least a little bit. She has been the only interviewer so far, just to state the bare facts. IT IS OKAY TO TAKE ANTIDEPRESSANTS if needed. I applaud her (YEAH). Since I am a flake and I am also on antidepressants, I am glad that somebody has taken to stand to say that they are okay. Am I making much sense this morning?? Did not get a lot of rest last night.

I am so so proud of Clay. He did a remarkable job this morning.

G

Yes, georgiaclay, you make perfect sense. If Clay's interviews this week raised awareness about treating panic attacks and whatnot, I'd say he'd be very pleased.

Can I just add a :nana: and say that I love you guys? No, I haven't been :704:, just wanted to say it.

NANA DANCE TIME!!!

:manynanas::manynanas: