#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

Having finally had a chance to watch the downloads of Without You a couple of times, I'd like to give the camera operator a big smooch for all those close-up shots of the stubble, the eyelashes, and the lips on the mic. The mid-song beard stroking just about does me in.

I can hardly hear Angela and Quiana in this performance. If it was up to me, I would lose the strings and add a male back-up singer to the mix to make it just a little richer and deeper.

And is not looking directly at the camera while singing going to be Clay's new thing? I wanna see the lima bean eyes up close and personal. :P

Hee...I really find it funny that we all know Clay;s music so much that we can notice the smallest of changes...

For me...I think the only change I would make is get the full wail back at the end ...but I do worry that it will put too much strain on his chords. Oh and maybe adjust the mix so the girls are not too loud. I am still confused if he was truly sick just before going to Leno or did Jay just get confused cos he was going to talk about it being sick in EE. Being sick really explains the strain he had in the gala...and why he didn't do the final wail last night. One things for sure...this already excellent perfromance will only get better as he keeps performing it.

YUP...I think last night probably was the best Leno visit ever....

Now looking forward to Clay Aiken week at ET and GMA!!!!

oh yes looking forward to the album and the bonus songs from Itunes and Kmart.

so i was just at jc penny and i'm at the check out and suddenly i hear clay's voice just as plain as day singing without you. i get all happy and start looking around...i get puzzled because i hear another song coming out of the store sound system...it took me another 30 seconds to realize it was my phone and i had just missed a call.

BWAH! Couchie, sounds like the Clay fog got you again. :P Did you buy something cute to wear to Kimmel?

Yeah! I figured out how to get my new DVD recorder correctly set-up and attached to my TV. I can hit the button and record, and I think I've figured out the timer function. Now, I just need to try to narrow down the time for the GMA interview sections. ClayAiken.com says between 7:30 and 8:00, but that seems early in the show for an entertainment interview, and I would think the second hour would be more likely. I'll have to ponder that a bit.

So what's the deal here? Has the idea that ATDW is just a bit over 1 day away got everyone in a haze? Are y'all spiffing up your padded cells? [it's hard to tack those Clay posters up to the walls when the helpful dudes in the white coats won't let you have thumbtacks.] Are you *cough* working *hack* on your *wheeze* "sick voice" for when you call your boss *sneeze* to tell him / her *sniffle* why you won't be into work for the next four days? Are you checking out the condition of all your electronic devices that will be needed for Clack gathering and constant ATDW spinning? [Crap! I need batteries and DVDs! Too bad I won't be visiting any retail outlets in the next few days. Ha!] Or are y'all stuck in a Leno loop?

I don't know about everybody else's deal, but mine is that I have a 60 gig hard drive on my laptop that's fatter and more bloated than I am and is about to burst. AND the 300 gig external drive that I bought in Feb. is toast...after, of course, I'd unloaded all the CLACK the laptop had at THAT time. Took the damned thing to COMPusa yesterday and he said, yep. It's toast. So I bought another external--250 gig.

Connected it, etc. My laptop will NOT recognize it. Can't get it to show up, so I can't do whatever it is I have to do to format it, partition it, wahtever....so I can't transfer the CLACK now ready to be barfed out if I download one more freakin' thing on it. And in the next week, Clay is going to be all over my freaking television.

That's my freaking deal and it pisses me off.

Ok..I feel a little better, thank you.

Drunken smutty haiku? Oh my! :o

Geez, I hope I didn't miss out on a homework assignment for my CDRP. I just hope I can blend in with Clayboarders. I'm not too sure I speak that particular dialect. Although, I guess EEEEEEEEEE! is universal in all the corners of the Clay Nation.

Couchie, I decided for the sake of my blood pressure level, I'd better delete my link to TWoP for the time being. Keep up the good fight! :ph34r:

bottle! Your avie gets my girlie parts giddy! :blink: God, he looked good on Friday. Holy, holy, holy he looked so *&$#@+& ing HAWT!

ahem.... :unsure:

By the way, I hope you all enjoyed Clay's package delivery to us as he sat there talking to Leno. He's such an exhibitionist and that's all kinds of hot. And how he sauntered out on stage with his hands in his pockets, having of course listened to Howie's dissertation on the relationship between how low a man carries his wrists and how manly he is. I'm sure as soon as Howies said that when a man's hands are in his pockets, he's a manly man. :lol:

He's such a little shit.

bottle! Your avie gets my girlie parts giddy! :blink: God, he looked good on Friday. Holy, holy, holy he looked so *&$#@+& ing HAWT!

Thanks - I snagged it from Clayversity. The resident ClayDawg there did a slo-mo, and another member avi'ed the beard stoke (GAH!) and posted a link, so I grabbed it to use here.

Looks like AOL will be officially streaming ATDW Monday as part of their First Look dealie. However, if you go to http://music.aol.com now and search for Clay Aiken, you can listen to it now.

I wanna work the phrase "Ah thought Ah was gonna DIEH!" into my conversations this week, so I need to come up with a story to tell when my co-workers ask me about my weekend. Maybe something about choking on a twistie tie that was mistakenly put in my McRuben sandwich, requiring me to down the occasional percocet with water from a blue mug. :unsure: Does that sound plausible? Do I need to work mozzeralla balls and live chickens in there somehow?

"Boss, I think I have a nasty case of the Croatian Chicken Flu. I keep coughing up feathers and shouting 'Clack' uncontrollably. And holy crap, I have such a crick in my neck. I'm pretty sure my fever is contagious, so I better not come into work for a week or so. 'CLACK!' Ouch :( "

LDYJOCELYN

:04: :00003653: :04:

:balloons: :2164: :fest09: :partytime: :00000430:
Edited by bottlecap

Happy b'day ldyjocelyn!

E! E! E! E!

I can make 15 hours! Really! I can! No, I can't!

This is like Christmas only I can't cheat! Man! I like cheating!

Oh, wait. I guess I have cheated!

I want my CD now!

brought to you by Exclamation 'R' Us

BWAH Bottlecap!!! I knew you were up to it...you embellisher you.. :D

:00003653:

ldyjocelyn

:04: :04: :04: :04: :ole0::ole0:

you are so lucky...so many people celebrating with you...hope you will be happy with Clay's gift...

Billboard.com

Aiken Holding Off On Tour Until Next Year

September 18, 2006, 10:15 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit

Clay Aiken's third album, the covers-heavy "A Thousand Different Ways," comes out tomorrow (Sept. 19), but the second season "American Idol" runner-up plans to take his time before he hits the road.

"I probably won't start touring until early next year," says Aiken, who will play some "spot dates that are solely Christmas stuff" in November and December. "I've done a lot of the big outdoor fairs and arenas, but all my favorite stuff has been the Christmas tours, where I've been in a theater. So I'd like to try that this time with this album.

"It's a very intimate album in terms of the concept and what's on it, so I'd like to try to do something a little more intimate this time," he continues. "We're looking at starting that hopefully around February or March."

"A Thousand Different Ways," which features 10 covers and four original songs, is actually an outgrowth of Aiken's 2004 summer show, which focused on his personal favorites from the '50s through the present day.

"Initially the whole album was going to be full of original songs," Aiken notes, "but as we were doing that tour we realized it's very hard to come by songs with such great melodies anymore. So I started saying, 'Let's cover this one on the album. Let's cover that one,' and finally [RCA Music Group chairman/CEO] Clive Davis said, 'Y'know, it isn't a bad idea. Why don't you just do an album full of covers and let's try and wrap a concept around it and make it the greatest love songs of all time.'"

The first single from "A Thousand Different Ways" is Harry Nilsson's "Without You." Aiken co-wrote one of the originals, "Lonely No More," while Jon Bon Jovi and Desmond Child penned "These Open Arms." Aiken also co-wrote another original, "Lover All Alone," that will be available exclusively on iTunes.

... And the ClayNation crashes itunes at about 12:15am EST. Hee! How freaking exciting to get solid tour news and another Clay co-written song?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Clay loves ME! He's written a song for me and released on iTunes exclusively for MEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm going to wait though until tomorrow morning, after GMA, to try and download it. I've never done iTunes before (just set up the account yesterday), and I'll be sleep deprived as it is.

*sigh*

Just when I thought this day couldn't get ANY better...

KAndre, "bloodbath" was my first words thought of as well when I read that about the tour. HOWEVER...I see this album as being PERFECT for smaller settings. I cannot wait.

I'm hoping that my copy ordered from Sony will be waiting for me so that I can listen to the CD (as a virgin, no less :blink:) as I'm driving to the release party. I've decided I'm going to open this one and the one I'm planning on getting from KMart (one for my car, one for my house). My Amazon copy will stay unopened for me to keep (archival copy). The two I buy at WalMart this evening will be given away/sold (and both are spoken for). The iTunes copy will be burned for my car.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Happy dance of joy -- the day is finally here!

Work sucks when you want to be partying!

I should;ve know Bottlecap will scoop me!!!! thanks for bringing it over.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE another surprise!!!! "Lover All Alone" what an intriguing title...can;t wait to hear it!!!

That sounds like a song about masterbation! :em1100: (Are we allowed to say that here??)

So we've got the Measure of a Man, who is a Lover All Alone. So, that's why he's

Lonely No More! :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaand Target (I saw the endcap in my Target yesterday! eeeeeeeee!) and Walmart has him "coming soon" on line and AOL has him and CMT has him and he is EVERYWHERE!

I like this promotion - I like that it's hitting as the album is right THERE.

BWAH, Claygasm! It's like Dr. Ruth is one of Clay's major influences. Now I really wanna see what else he writes!

More things to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for...I wonder if I beat Bottlecap this time... :D

From CH

Soundcheck Walmart.com

These are the performances coming soon:

Quote:

Here You Come Again (Original Performance Series)

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Original Performance Series)

A Thousand Days (Original Performance Series)

Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Original Performance Series)

http://downloads.walmart.com/swap/ and type "Clay Aiken" in the search textbox.

OMG...four soungs in the video...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

More things to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for...I wonder if I beat Bottlecap this time... :D

From CH

Clack alert

Clay on The Insider

Soundcheck Walmart.com

These are the performances coming soon:

Quote:

Here You Come Again (Original Performance Series)

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Original Performance Series)

A Thousand Days (Original Performance Series)

Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Original Performance Series)

http://downloads.walmart.com/swap/ and type "Clay Aiken" in the search textbox.

OMG...four soungs in the video...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Weird that WY isn't one of them, considering its the first single....

And I really do not like ATD - too many spinning balls and fighting angels for my taste! :lol:

But EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for 4, count them FOUR, performance videos of CLAY!!! :bounce:

Am I the only one finding it hard to concentrate on work today???? :unsure: