#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

Oh my. I'm home today, had to take a day off---mental and emotional day off, but am cleaning out the house furiously (Still haven't done that since getting Mom off to assisted living. Her room is horrendous now---and I have to go through all the stuff and decide what I can throw out.)

I MUST at LEAST clear a path from room to room so that Claygasm has a place to walk! She's flying today to visit MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :00000442: Wow, across the whole continent just to see mmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hey, I know! I can invite her to go with me to the Kimmel show! Think she'll be interested? B)

Saw Clay on The View. :blink:

Dayum. What a view. He looked and sounded incredible and presented himself so, so well---such a maturity and sense of humor and fun and

HAWTness personified. Hey! Yesterday, Lara SPencer said he was 'character and integrity personified'...he's a lot of personified-ness, ain't he?

And yeah, bottle, I'm right there in the FCA-women Lovin' House... ^_^

Now gotta go to Pet Food Express to use their doggie bathtubs to wash my pooch. :)

Oh, God. Supposedly, Clay is going to be on Larry King's show again.

I have no problem with this. The way LK keeps asking anybody that was associated with Clay about the rumor...I trully feel better if he just talked to Clay directly...then Clay is in total control of the story.

Just back from a quick post-work shopping trip. I can't believe I forgot to get extra tin foil. :blink:

I stop at KMart, 'cause I am pretty sure I can find good homes for the versions with the download cards. None in stock. Not particularly surprised, because that KMart is a pit of despair where even the employees look like they're on their last legs. I'll hop in to Target, my favorite store. They're good about stocking stuff. Or maybe not, because there were no ATDWs on the shelves. I've never had a problem finding new releases there, so I am a bit stumped. I vote for incompetence in the supply chain, but some things just make you go hmmmm. :unsure:

I did manage to snag a couple of People magazines. Matthew Rolston may not be the greatest video director, but dayum, he takes good pictures of our boyfriend. I love how Steeve is credited as "Groomer". Do you think Clay gets a little milkbone if he sits still for his shampoo? Arf! ;)

Clay article on MTV.com

Clay Aiken would rather be talking about music. With a new album in stores — a collection of classics near to his heart — he's enthused and almost boastful about his latest.

But still, as he runs the media gauntlet, he's followed — or, more accurately, preceded — by rumors about his personal life. He tries to remain private and on-point throughout, but the questions linger.

Aiken made headlines this week when he called Diane Sawyer "really rude" for asking if he was ready to come out and say he's gay.

"I don't understand why it's any of your business," he replied.

In the same interview, however, Aiken openly discussed taking Paxil to deal with panic attacks. So where does he draw the line?

"I think it's something that can benefit somebody else," Aiken told MTV News on Thursday about the medication. "[Knowing] who I'm dating and what kind of cereal I eat ain't gonna benefit anybody else. That kind of thing is not important. I think there's a distinction."

Aiken said he's never been interested in other celebrities' personal lives, even when the stories came right from the sources, like Lance Bass' coming out, Fantasia's illiteracy or Mary-Kate Olsen's eating disorder.

"Half those things I don't remember ever hearing about," Aiken said. "People have different opinions on that type of thing. I told you what mine is, and I think for each person, you do what's right for you. For me, part of the reason that I have anxiety is the fact that I feel like people are always staring at me. So it's important for me to make sure that I have my friends and vacation, and what I do at home with my family and that type of thing [stays private]."

Aiken said coming to fame on "American Idol," a reality show, has made maintaining privacy even more difficult.

"When you think of a movie star, you don't necessarily think of the person, you think of the character they play," he explained. "Whereas on any reality TV show, you don't think of them as the character. You actually think of them as the person. And there's always that whole 'boy-next-door' quality. You can relate to them because they are the people."

While some celebrities have tried squashing rumors by just coming clean, Aiken's not so sure that's effective.

"Most celebrities, after awhile, get used to the fact that no matter what you say, people are gonna believe one thing or believe another one, so it kinda becomes a waste of your time to even attempt to deal with it anymore," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

What Aiken does want to discuss, and want's brought him back into the spotlight, is his new album.

After busting the "American Idol" runner-up curse (i.e. Justin Guarini, Diana DeGarmo) with the smash success of Measure of a Man and Merry Christmas With Love, Aiken was poised for his own Breakaway — Kelly Clarkson's aptly titled sophomore album that proved she was a legitimate star.

So how did he choose to entertain his loyal Claymates? With a covers album.

"It's something that a lot of people went, 'Huh? Why would you do that?' " Aiken acknowledged. "But what's interesting, what we found while we were doing them, is not only do they not write songs like they used to anymore, [ones with] really good melodies, but these are all songs that are right for me."

And although A Thousand Different Ways, which drops Tuesday, lacks the personal accounts of an original album, it's still very close to Aiken's heart.

"If anything, this is the first time that I've been able to do something that I think sounds like me," he explained. "And I've been able to put my thumbprint on it, because I was involved in it from minute one, from the beginning to the end."

It was actually BMG Chairman and CEO Clive Davis' idea for Aiken to make a covers record, but the singer and executive producer Jaymes Foster worked with the mogul on the choice of songs.

"[We each] made a list of songs that we thought were the greatest love songs of the past 30 years ... and we found that there were a number of songs that we all shared in common," Aiken said. "So we went out and did those first, and then we each picked from each other's lists to just try to make sure that we were [covered]. ... And regardless of how different they might be, we tried to make sure that we brought them all together and did something consistent."

Aiken was hands-on through the entire process, even deciding to cut a few of the songs.

"We attempted 'Midnight Blue,' the Melissa Manchester song," Aiken recalled, reciting a line from the song. "I went in and I sang a verse and a chorus of it and I was like, 'Ehh, I don't think this is gonna work.' Same with 'Baby Come Back' by Player."

On the songs that did work, which range from Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do (I Do It for You)" to Bad English's "When I See You Smile," Aiken tweaked the arrangements and sometimes the melodies to make them his own. With Mr. Mister's "Broken Wings," he added a spoken-word part.

"I can't even remember which song gave me the idea, you know that Evanescence-type sound, but I thought, 'I'd love to do something like that with one of these songs,' " Aiken said. "We didn't know if it would work, so we just went in the studio and we hired a singer to just sing the demo of the high part and we would later maybe hire someone else to do it. ... And it sounded so great that we didn't change anything."

While A Thousand Different Ways certainly has its fair share of big songs — like Celine Dion's "Because You Love Me" and his first single, Air Supply's "Without You" (also covered by Mariah Carey) — the album also shows a different side of Aiken.

"Most of what people expect from me is 'Ahhhh' [singing operatically], you know, big stuff," Aiken said. "Which I like to do, but people haven't heard me sing just a soft, laid-back, chill type of sound. So certain songs like 'Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word' and 'Here You Come Again' [show that]. We wanted to make sure that it had a kind of rise and fall to it, at least vocally."

Aiken plans to support the album with a tour of theaters timed near Valentine's Day "when it's cold and people wanna warm up," he said.

Very cool article. Very cool.

I know others are stressing about marketing, projected sale, and such. Me? I'm enjoying the clackapalooza from this week. He looked hawt on GMA, even if the editing sucked. He looked REALLY hawt on The View this morning, and I love how Rosie gushed all over him. (I'd throw something dirty in there about me gushing, but I won't. :blink: ) Larry King Live? Bring it on. Baby will do fine, and nobody puts baby in a corner.

But holy hell, the second best piece of clack (ATDW being the first) from this week is People magzazine. Good guh, my angel is a centerfold [tm J Geils Band]. That picture is one of the hawtest things I've ever seen. I'm going to have to pick up another copy this weekend and laminate that puppy for my office. The article is damn fine too. But at this point, I'm bowing at Matthew Rolston's feet again. Those pictures he took of Clay are bee-you-ti-ful.

I'm perfectly happy in the FCC car with all yous guys. You're all the best.

Hee...whats funny is I am certainly in the FCC car about Clay. Everything he has done has been stellar. The Beautiful ATDW...the fact that he co wrote two great songs...LAA being my new favorite of all time. Then his photoshoots, his interveiws and his TV appearances...HAVE been just so wonderful. I have been so impressed with him. I think when this fandom and RCA gets me down I should just concentrate on the reason why we are all here...cos he has never let me down

WUV HIM...

So, Kimmel peeps, are you hoping for stubble or no stubble? Clay's got the week-end to grow out his beard a bit, which I'd kinda like to see again. And OMG, THE HAIR keeps getting better and better. If y'all run into Steeve there in LA, tell him "Good job so far DUDE! Just don't go nuts with the highlights!" B)

And find out the name of the balding piano player, woodja? The Clay Nation needs to know that kind of stuff. ;)

:wub::wub:CLAY :wub::wub:

no question----stubble, baybeeee...all the way...the stubble with that hair? kill me now.

I basically keep going back to my siggie lines from EAYOR....sometimes I let the grassy knoll talk get to me and I start getting a sick feeling and then I think, "Whoa! Real life does a good enough job at giving me a sick feeling more times than I'd like. Why the hell am I looking for more triggers?"

So then I take another drool at the People centerfold...good GOD! And he has his legs spread wide open, too! Man. I just wanna crawl right...

yeah, that. B)

ETA: the siggie to which I refer....

Rest easy, Clay. Your voice and your heart will carry you where you choose to go.We'll just simply love you along the way.

Edited by muskifest

Rest easy, Clay. Your voice and your heart will carry you where you choose to go.We'll just simply love you along the way.

muski -- that is simply beautiful, and the way I feel as well. Did you write that? 'Cause if you did...it's fantastic. If you didn't...well, it's still fantastic. :D

My vote is for stubble. Definitely stubble. 2 years ago you wouldn't have caught me saying that...but this hair style with the stubble is to die for. And I love the clothing that they are putting him in lately. The monochromatic shirts (that fit!) and ties. Nice jeans. Great suits. Gah.

That People magazine centerfold picture and I are getting married tonight in a late night ceremony. Y'all are invited...but I'll have to make sure that muski and bottlecap don't try to steal my honey before the knot is tied. Hmmm, what kind of bribes will they take? Chocolate? Booze? New hard drives for their computers? Tickets to Kimmel? (Oh wait, I don't have those. Damn.)

muski -- that is simply beautiful, and the way I feel as well. Did you write that? 'Cause if you did...it's fantastic. If you didn't...well, it's still fantastic. :D

My vote is for stubble. Definitely stubble. 2 years ago you wouldn't have caught me saying that...but this hair style with the stubble is to die for. And I love the clothing that they are putting him in lately. The monochromatic shirts (that fit!) and ties. Nice jeans. Great suits. Gah.

That People magazine centerfold picture and I are getting married tonight in a late night ceremony. Y'all are invited...but I'll have to make sure that muski and bottlecap don't try to steal my honey before the knot is tied. Hmmm, what kind of bribes will they take? Chocolate? Booze? New hard drives for their computers? Tickets to Kimmel? (Oh wait, I don't have those. Damn.)

AWWW I gotta piggyback on ldyjocelyn's post and say that is a great siggie...OH, don;t care, stubble or no...his current hair is the best ever!!! YAY Steeve!!!

So will we get any surprises this weekend...can I just FF to Tuesday night when we would have the HDD numbers and Kimmel. I think Monday and Tuesdays reports will give me ulcers.

:) Thanks, guys. I did write that. When all the bullshit was flying---maybe about the news about mostly covers? When so many people were badmouthing the whole thing. I just know that I posted on his blog and that was what I wrote.

Earlier, when the tabloid crap was really bad and the fans were at each other's throats about "He's gay! He's not gay! You're a bad fan if you think he (fill in the blank), etc."...I wrote a mini-essay on the whole damned mess and wrote:

Clay opens his mouth and releases the joy and spirit in that magical voice and I am his. He gives us so much of himself. He trusts us. I choose to trust him, too.

I do. I trust him. I believe him. So I don't need him to 'prove' anything to me. He lives his word. I daresay that's much more than most of the people who love to denigrate him do.

Besides..... B) The man is SMOKIN' hot! ;)

I am someone who wants to line in the happy place of fandom, I don't normally llok for reviews people haveto slam them and I try and intimidate my brother so he does not say what is on the tip of his tongue and so far it has been working. I think I can be pretty scarey to some small selection of people, not very scarey to most people. I do think that I was pushed down when the Dj's intern was sent to the party, I really did not want to talk to him about me or anyone else there, I didn't want anyone to talk to him about any of us or about Clay. I will give him kudos for respecting that none of us wanted our pictures taken - would you want to be mocked on a radio station web site?

The people article was really good, I loved selected pictures on there and I am one person who wondered what the shirt material was to looks so wrinkled. Don't tell me that my dresser (me) is better than Clay's dresser (not me). There were some questions it did bring up though.

I am going to enjoy the rest of the Clackapalooza. That insider job really paid off big time for Clay, but why does it not extend to ET? I thought they were sister shows.

Woo Hoo! Claygasm is here! She and I are sitting here in my living room with my hubby, drinking red wine and chatting. We just listened to If YOu Don't Know Me By Now on our home stereo. My husband said, "You telling me THAT song's not on the CD? It's freaking GREAT!"...

yeah, well.. :glare: Maybe I can get him to email Clive to ask him the same question. <_<

I was just looking at the Kimmel schedule, and Tuesday's particularly interesting entry:

Tuesday Sep. 26: Actor/comedian George Lopez, Musical guest Clay Aiken (he will be a panel guest as well as perform)

I'm so excited for you guys that are going to the show. How are you keeping from jumping out of your skin? Well, muski's probably drunk all the time, but what about the rest of you?

I'm feeling a little bad for ole George Lopez. He's probably working on polishing his material, expecting to get big laughs and whatnot. Instead, he's getting an audience that is looking at their watches, squirming in their seats, and generally wishing he would just STFU already. Hee. Think the Nip/Tuck dude will call him up afterwards to commiserate about the experience?

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to check out the cellcert reports or if I'll just watch unspoilered. Hmmm...

Oh I bet ol george is familiar with Clay's tendency of stealing the show...he has worked on the same show with him before.

Aww Muski and Claygasm...I am super jealous you guys get to have fun together!!!!

Plus going to Kimmel will be so cool.. So are y'all going to the Virgin store to see Clay too?

can't wait

Well, muski's probably drunk all the time, but what about the rest of you?

bottlecap! Where are you getting these things? What has given you the impression that I over-indulge?

I live my life by the motto: "Everything in moderation..." ;)

Except when I'm fantasizing about Clay being my boyfriend. My horny boyfriend.

Edited because accidentally writing "Especially" instead of "Except" in that last sentence made a difference. duh

Edited by muskifest

Pshaw! bottlecap! I can do you one better than a little glimpse of a sock! <_<

th_bustinout.jpg

Mr. Aiken no longer has to have five layers of cotton on his chest...See his white, cinnamon-furred chest peaking out as he reaches to get hands on both women at the same time? B)

Edited by muskifest

Pshaw! bottlecap! I can do you one better than a little glimpse of a sock! <_<

th_bustinout.jpg

Mr. Aiken no longer has to have five layers of cotton on his chest...See his white, cinnamon-furred chest peaking out as he reaches to get hands on both women at the same time? B)

Good God! The "burn the T-shirts" dance worked! :D

My husband listened to ATDW with me in the car as we drove to visit my Mom. (BTW, she's doing much better -- is actually INTERESTED in walking at this point. That is a major step, heh, in the right direction). Anyway, lrdjocelyn's brief review -- great album, because of the musicality. The one cut that really peaked his interest was "Here You Come Again" -- he thought it very interesting, and a nice change-up from the original. Finally, we'd talked a bit about much of the fandom's reactions to the album being all covers. His take: they should just listen to this album, enjoy it, and just not worry. He thought Clay had a winner on his hands, even if he tends to like Bob Dylan/Steely Dan/Steve Earle/Old-time country.

Did I mention the box set I received for my birthday from my husband on this board? Like OmiGod: The 80's Box Set Anyway, the funny thing was listening to this on the drive back, and hearing these three songs in a row: Kyrie, Everytime You Go Away, and We Built this City. We also heard the original of I Want to Know What Love Is; we didn't get to the original Right Here Waiting yet. *g*

Wrote a letter to People magazine thanking them for the article and pictures. Maybe they'll print me! [/delusional] BTW, is this the shirt Clay's wearing? (From the Jim Varvatos U.S.A. Spring 2007 collection)

Edited by ldyjocelyn

Been playing in RL and now taking a little time to play in here...

OK, just to be contrarian...no stubble. Just that smooth, freshly shaven jawline will keep me happy.

And I don't keep from jumping - it helps display my assets.

The evil Houston posse is descending upon LA! Lock up your valuables, not that it will do you any good! It will be a quick raid but thorough!

It does seem like Clay is every-frickin'-where, doesn't it? Heh. With women sitting on him. It's clear Clay needs to buy more chairs! But ya know, if he forces me to sit on his lap, I'll do it, because I'm just that kind of fan. Especially if he offers me candy.