1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song

• Right Here Waiting
    • Lonely No More
    • Every Time You Go Away
    • Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
    • When I See You Smile
    • A Thousand Days
    • Lover All Alone (bonus track 1)

muski here....never really cared for this elton john song, but i find myself enjoying this version better than elton's...loVE the guitar work....and the soft approach (usually, of course, i prefer hard things)....and i think he does a good job sliding in and out (HEH) of falsetto or head voice (heh again)...or whatever you call it...seems effortless and without a clear break in his voice.

he really is such a wonderful, wonderful vocalist....

couchie here...this is one of my favorite songs on the album. He really sings it beautifully, no showboating..can't see him adding any crazy glory notes in concert... no, this is the song where he'll be sitting on his stool...fools will be screaming 'i love you clay' and rest of us screaming shut the fuck up.

yeah that, couchie! You go, girl!

OMG, that last note...

To revive an old phrase...Thud.

Gah, that is beautiful.

I've always loved this song, always thought it was the best Elton John song ever. Elton's version is rougher, and again, more piano (duh, since he's a piano player). So the arrangement slays me.

oh definitely beautiful final note.

I think the rougher quality is what I am missing...but his version seem more wistful...like really have no chance of a happy ending ...

love the guitar solo....

no, this is the song where he'll be sitting on his stool...fools will be screaming 'i love you clay' and rest of us screaming shut the fuck up.

yeah that, couchie! You go, girl!

BWAH! And very true! Think some will get a clue this next year? Maybe Clay will blog about that...and tell people to STFU.

Yeah, that would turn me on if he did that.

in concert? honeY! he's already done this in concert at kimmel and he was terrific1 and funny cuz he messed up the words, just like he said he was going to....heh...no, it sounded really good and he looked good while he was sounding good.

couchie says...uh huh, yep!

then muski says some idiots starting singing hte last notes at the end along with him and i had to shush them!

amateurs.

OK, dog is watered, peed, and played. Back to this,

I usually don't like falsetto notes very much, but I fell inlove with this song from the ringtone. The ringtone which I still have not figured out how to get and keep running up phone web charges - grrrr.

This is not a sorry it is all over I blew it, but sorry I wish I didn't hurt you, how can we fix it.

I love the cd. Right now I am listening to the one I got today that I won from the Fox news contest. ( I got my 8 copies..LOL )

welcome ...another newbie...glad you can join us...

hey eight copies ...good fan... :D

ITA ldyjocelyn...this CD may not be uptmep but it has a lot of energy from his vocals and the instrumentation.

Beautiful falsetto...sigh

Popcorn and a nice Cabernet do NOT go well together.......

Chocolate would have gone well, though.............

Need a barf bucket?

Well, now...if I need to tease claygasm in any way, shape or form...I'll know what to do. Or at least what songs to play.

:P

I think what makes this song a winner is really the arrangement. It just simply flows so well.

When I See You Smile

OK, dog is watered, peed, and played. Back to this,

I usually don't like falsetto notes very much, but I fell inlove with this song from the ringtone. The ringtone which I still have not figured out how to get and keep running up phone web charges - grrrr.

This is not a sorry it is all over I blew it, but sorry I wish I didn't hurt you, how can we fix it.

great point Play!!!!

First of all, can we all get an "awwwww" for the dedication for this song. You go Kristy!

This one -- the snippet did not do it justice at all. This has slowly but surely become one of my favorites on the album. I'll get to why in a bit...

I also fell in love with this song on the ringtone.

and mst05 interrupted me on aim and now i forgot what i was going to say.

i thought clay's falsetta was his weakest link during idol but damn he has shown so much improvement over the years. his modulation and his going from belting to the falsetto is now pretty good. I just love what he does with this song.-

i just love what he does....period. B)

eta; whoops...this post is about 'sorry' not 'smile'....heh

Awww the song dedicated to Kristy....

this one I really was not familiar with...when we got the clue and I listened to the original...I wasn't impressed at all. But I thought ...lets see waht Clay does with it.

Clay's version...I like it. Not really one of the stand outs for me but its a pretty song and I do like the words.

I love when he sings...I can do anything...so cute.

couchie, what was this one like in concert at Kimmel? Was he rocking out? 'Cause I'm gonna guess that he'll be rocking the hair with this one.

Ok, here comes my favorite part....

I FLOVE the string section during the last chorus here. That's a fascinating riff, and it makes a great counterpoint to Clay's voice. It's incredibly rhythmic, and I bounce my head to it every.single. time.

GAH. Love this.

No awwww from me on that Kristy crap!

Not a shipper.

And he did say in PEOPLE he hadn't found love yet AND you don't write a song like LAA if you're in love!

I just think this was Kristy's fav song.

As for me.........

You know, I really, really do LOVE Clay. I do. I really, really do.........

but.....

I think he sounds bored on this song, sort of like he's just going through the motions.

That said, he will KILL on this in concert. We saw an inkling of this at Kimmel. This is a patented Clay song - power ballad all the way.

I guess for me this song really ramps up after the bridge. the energy does build up.

I do love his voice. and again...the little ugghhh...in the ends of the phrases.

ITA ldyjocelyn the lips totally didn;t do it justice.

This one was dedicated to Kristy. Wish I was her.

lol~! I tell you, I love this one also. Hope you won't throw me

out of the room.

Heh. Not at all. All viewpoints all welcome, even those who are only OK with certain songs.

I guess I just wish everyone could love all these songs like I do. And I DO love them all...just in differing degrees. *g*

I love to rock out with Clay on this one. And I'd love to know the story on why this is dedicated to Kristy.

Speculation, anyone?

ITA ldyjocelyn the lips totally didn;t do it justice.

Freudian slip, right? *g*

I like this song, and his little asides in the song. I say that because they are like little not-a song parts. It seems most like real voiceto me. I just like it and I thought I would hate it. Actually I thought I would not like as much as I did, but I do. The album ramps up more for me after the first few songs.

Speculation, Clay was looking for love song covers and she said why don't you sing this.

Edited by playbiller

Well, i ain't couchie...but we both LOVED him at Kimmel...this wasn't a fave of mine and when i realized he was going to sing this one as one of hte five in concert that night i was disappointed...but he really was into it and was concert! clay! and was wondrous...

love all the 'beh-behs'

and when he sings 'When i see you smile, i can face the worrrrrrrrld' he;'s so damned cute!

couchie here..what bothered me about the song when i first heard it was the rrrrrr's which was his problem during idol. i thought he had gotten over it so it felt jarriing when i first heard it..but as with anything clay...after listening twenty thousand times, it has really grown on me...and i love how he sings...'i can do anything or everything or whatever he is saying... we're fighting over lyrics here...

now my cousin is here and has the nerve to want me to look up soemthing on mapquest... does she know who i am....

hee Claygasm I think my shipping tendency did stop after the people article and LAA....

It still gets an AWWWW for me because I think Kristy probably helped him through a lot of rough times this year. This song I think totally is about giving each other unending support.

I'm certainly glad he has Kristy...friend or more? does not matter...heh