1. 1. What is your favorite ATDW song

• Right Here Waiting
    • Lonely No More
    • Every Time You Go Away
    • Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
    • When I See You Smile
    • A Thousand Days
    • Lover All Alone (bonus track 1)

claygasm is going to be rockin' it next week since we'll be listening to all of her favorites ...although i may have to kill her over broken wings...it's mine all mine.

ooh, couchie thinks she's so clever cuz she typed 'mine all mine' right when clay was singing it... :glare:

cG....you kNEW you weren't going to be all roses and sugar about the songs tonight, but couchie and i are lovin' your humor over it all...couchie's having stitches over your chocolate comments... :lol: and you alreayd know i love ya...

spinning balls,eh......

Hey, Clay! i gochure spinnin' balls righchere! B)

Oops, a song behind. Nevermind., I will repost when I catch up.

You know, I never did well in poetry class, I guess I am nto a word person, but I do like listening to Senator Byrd speak, although I usually need a reference to figure out what he is saying. Those southern boys can orate (some of them anyway.)

So many times I really like a song and I listen to the words and say What are they saying - so many of my favorite songa have nonsensical lyrics, except maybe Cole Porter who wrote brilliant lyrics, the likes of which I do not expect again in my lifetime. (he did predate my life time though, so maybe there is hope.)

I guess I will just let this album play until I get to the next song, hehe. Ihave kept int in order, but It is hard to stop and repeat. Well I have to get out of my chair and go to the next room tothe CD player, so it is a little effort.

Edited by playbiller

On first listen on September 19 -- it was 2:30 a.m., and I just didn't get it. Period. This song was nice. Just nice.

Second, third, and fourth listens, after getting some sleep. Gah. I get it now.

This song is ME 10 years ago...wondering when the hell love was going to find me. Soon afterwards, I gave up looking for love...and found my husband.

Anyways...this song is beautiful. The simplicity is what gets me. His vocals are stunning.

First of all...claygasm, I'm just teasing. Got it?

Secondly...this song is going to kill us all dead live in concert. The heartbreak in his voice at the very end...

God, now I've got tears in my eyes.

I'm proud of Clay for laying himself on the line with this song. My reasoning for this not being on the album is actually very simple -- he didn't want to be criticized for it, and was very unsure of his writing. (He basically admitted that on the Yahoo interview with LNM). This is a "bare your soul" song, and I don't think Clay was quite ready for that yet, especially for the critics. But for the fans...it's a gift.

I do think it will be in his next CD....

love the melancholy use of the cello and piano.

Again simple yet stunning instrumentation...

And GAH>>>the voice!!!! the texture, the nuance, the emotion, the clarity.

the low notes the lvoely falsetto...that almost breathless top notes...very emotional

I love ...

the faster it can go away...

waht a lovely melody...DF is great...I hope the collaborate more

the words...so powerful

strummer what you smokin' girl.... is your computer ok...doesn't seem like five minutes of silence has happened

well i just heard this song for the first time a couple of weeks ago... i'm very proud of clay for writing the lyrics...he said he wouldn't do it until he had something to say and this song really packs an emotional punch. if this is his experience it's really really sad...but who knows if it is. I can't help it ...i want him to find true love...hopefully one of these days real soon..and not his definition of the word.

muski here...i think he's speaking so very honestly here. and yes, it's sad, aND it's something most of us have felt, too. So...alhtough i think he's sharing something personal, i also think he wrote these words and agreed to publish them to the world because what he's describing so beautifully is universal....he thinks people will be able to feel it....relate....and he's right. add to that his voice? it's magic.

Death of me lyrics --

Makes me wonder

If I only build it all ... to watch it fall ...

OMG

No freakin' kidding. The heartbreak there is palpable.

I just want to give him a big hug after this song. I wonder how hard (or easy) this song was for him to record.

As far as this being on ATDW or not...

I'm thinking a situation just like SoliMoAM. Remember that? Got me to buy another copy of MoAM. I wouldn't be surprised if they do that again in the new year with LAA and ATDW.

I also am delusional enough though to believe we'll also get a dual disc version of ATDW at the beginning of the year.

OK, one more time of LAA. That's about all I can handle in one sitting. Too emotional.

and when he semi-wails near the end, rather than sing the high parts softly...so interpretive....he's trying to understand....

love this...it's gorgeous and when i had it playing in my car one night and my husband got in the car, i didnt' say anything about the song and he actually just turned it up1 and we silently listened to it on the way home. when we got htere and the song eneded. i just said, clay wrote that.

my hubby said, 'it's really, really good.'

yep

First of all...claygasm, I'm just teasing. Got it?

Secondly...this song is going to kill us all dead live in concert. The heartbreak in his voice at the very end...

God, now I've got tears in my eyes.

I'm proud of Clay for laying himself on the line with this song. My reasoning for this not being on the album is actually very simple -- he didn't want to be criticized for it, and was very unsure of his writing. (He basically admitted that on the Yahoo interview with LNM). This is a "bare your soul" song, and I don't think Clay was quite ready for that yet, especially for the critics. But for the fans...it's a gift.

I know you were only kidding.

At least I HOPED you were only kidding.

I am so in love with this song. I llistened to it almost the whole way from LA to Philly coming home from Kimmel (with a few shots of IYDKMBN and BW thrown in...).

I AM a lyrics person. Great lyrics win me over every time. One of my all time favorite songs is short on melody but has the most amazing lyrics (George Harrison's "Within You, Without You", side 2, song 1 on Sgt. Pepper...).

The first time I heard LAA, about 12:30am on September 19th, I teared up. I don't do that. The lyrics are so raw. They are like we are being given a peek into Clay's heart and soul. He stripped himself bare on this one (Down, Muski! I'm being serious!).

And I soooo identify with the lyrics - painfully so. Only he has a glimmer of hope in his words, as he should at 27. My glimmer went out years ago.....

And the lyrics are so beautifully written (the guy who wrote the lyrics for ATD could take a lesson from this!). They are almost like a narrative, like he's just expressing his inner most thoughts.

Its like a very special gift from Clay's heart.

Add to that the lovely, simple melody and the thankfully simple arrangement - and that cello - that beautiful mournful cello, matching Clay's voice and the meaning of the words.

Just beautiful.

Just beautiful.

Edited by Claygasm

and when he semi-wails near the end, rather than sing the high parts softly...so interpretive....he's trying to understand....

love this...it's gorgeous and when i had it playing in my car one night and my husband got in the car, i didnt' say anything about the song and he actually just turned it up1 and we silently listened to it on the way home. when we got htere and the song eneded. i just said, clay wrote that.

my hubby said, 'it's really, really good.'

yep

I love your hubby. He's a keeper.

The other thing that gets me about this song -- the range. He goes from the lowest low to the highest high in the same damn song, and it freaks me out how good he is at that.

I do like the instrumentation on this, I think it is the most modern, but in some ways it si so unique, even if they do release it later, It just does not fit with the rest ofthe tone, so unless they rerecord some of the others (RHW for example, although some love it) in a more modern way, it just seems jarring.

As amn amusement - the title of Chris daughtry's album has been announce - it is Doughtrey. heh, The guy is surrounded by the name physically(tattoo, band) and metaphysically. Hmm have any self titled albums sold well fro an idol???