• Right Here Waiting
    • Lonely No More
    • Every Time You Go Away
    • Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
    • When I See You Smile
    • A Thousand Days
    • Lover All Alone (bonus track 1)

Silver Angel,

I'm in the same boat as you I really like them all. Last week my husband even said this was a really good cd. And since he has been forced to listen to it in the car since 9/19, that's pretty good.

I voted for When I See You Smile as my favorite song. It is so uplifting and I love his voice on this song. The I's as Ahs led me to believe that he relaxed and just sang this thing. I didn't expect every song to be deep and meaningful and this is the respite from the angst.

I like this song, and his little asides in the song. I say that because they are like little not-a song parts. It seems most like real voiceto me. I just like it and I thought I would hate it. Actually I thought I would not like as much as I did, but I do. The album ramps up more for me after the first few songs.

That's an interesting way to look at it, with "asides." It works in that context.

I've found that if I'm humming a song off this album without the album being on...this is the song I'm humming.

And yes, play, I think the album builds upon itself quite nicely. That was my initial reaction, and I still feel that way. That's why I usually listen to the entire album, without skipping songs. The entire thing WORKS as a unit.

Not my favorite on the cd, but I love the clarity of Clay's voice and how each song builds and builds. I can picture him singing each one more forcefully in concert.

welcome zanyforclay...yeah I agree I love the build up of the song. Specially with the strings supporting him...as if it carried him to a higher level...its too cool.

And yes the vocal clarity was very good for this song...very well suported and technique was great....

EEEEEEEEEE I live that last smile...like he faded out...so sexy!!!!

This one was dedicated to Kristy. Wish I was her.

lol~! I tell you, I love this one also. Hope you won't throw me

out of the room.

Heh. Not at all. All viewpoints all welcome, even those who are only OK with certain songs.

I love to rock out with Clay on this one. And I'd love to know the story on why this is dedicated to Kristy.

Speculation, anyone?

Well, as I said earlier (I guess no one is reading my posts anymore since I am a negative Nellie.... Poor, poor me.... :(;) )....

I think this was just Kristy's favorite song. The "dedication" reads "FOR Kirsty", not TO Kirsty. To me that means the song is for her because she loves it, not to her because he loves her.

(Even though I kind of like the idea of his crying out her name in the throws of passion........ B))

I'll just interject here that I've never been a lyric person. At all. The furor over "spinning balls" always flumoxed me. I just don't care...because I love the music on this one. All the way.

Clay enjoys singing this one, a lot, IMO. He rocks the house.

Glad I've seen this one live already.

? my track counter has to be off - why is it saying this is 7??

this is said to clarify my response and not meant aggressively, just comment don't read anything more into it - you hear that!!! When it comes to parsing what Clay says, I can't get into the differences between for Kristy and to Kristy. I really think he would blog more if he did not need to edit everything over and over so that fans would not parse each and every word and comma and period to prove a point. I just read what he says and take my first impression without looking for anything deep. That means It was for Kristy, so she has to be improtant in one way or another and I think she may have picked the song, but it is pure , unsupported supposition on my side and I will not argue it with anyone because I just don't 1) care enough and 2) know enough.

Edited by playbiller

I almost like the cd version of 1000 Days better than his live performances. Well except for Kimmel.

It cracked me up watching Martha Stewart show as the audience looked like Stepford wives. I thought Clay was going to fall asleep seeing them.

I like how he has added "well now" before 1000 days. I'm not sure why.

song - I never got what was so bad about spinning balls, It seems like some people thought it was uncool and it spread. It is OK, I just don't like the intro music. Once the singing starts, I don't care about the music so much, just the singing - well, it is Claaa-aay.

Heh, you want to see a bad audience reaction, you shouldahve seem Martha's audience with Ruben. They were pitiful at best with one woman grooving and everyone else limp hand clapping.

Edited by playbiller

A Thousand Days

Oh goody......

"Through my eyes I see...." NO! I thought you saw through your size 13 feet!!!! :blink:

Geez, who wrote this stuff! It sounds like a bad Hallmark card!!! Spinning balls, fighting angels.... What did the lyricist do, pick up a book called "1001 of the Greatest Cliches" and then use them all in one song????

Banal lyrics. Plodding melody, And those DAMN strings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, anyone who has known me since we heard this during the JBT (Muski....) KNOWS I have never liked this song, to say the least.

I really, really don't like it.

But guess what? Its NOT my least favorite song on the album! That honor goes to RHW and EID!

I do like the way he's sung it live this year, though.

And I like the bridge.

Did I mention that all evidence to the contrary I really do love Clay?????? :unsure:

Seven songs, play -- half the album -- plus a bonus.

It's all semantics, if you ask me...Claygasm, I read your post. I really did....but I just love the fantasy of them being a couple, even if Clay has said it isn't happening.

I really rock out on this song. The first time I heard this song on record (not during the JBT, but off the album), I actually cried. It was a very emotional moment for me. This song hit me to the core. Again, I think it's just simply that he connects to this one, and it shows through in the song.

OK..I have to be upfront with the source of my bias...its because TRD didn't make it and this did... :P

ITA ldyjocelyn. I was also very surprised by the lyrics hate cos most of the time I don;t understand the lyrics to a song. I do understand that some of it are a bit cheesy...but as a whole I think it works pretty well.

This song has grown on me. I can't believe I am now hoping we here it all over the radio. I do think it is a great song to sing on TV. great energy and much more contemporary and I think it does give us a better idea of Clay's musical direction that Without You.

I do love the production of this song. I think the strings just gave this song such a full lush sound.

its still not one of my favorites but I love seeing hims sing it on TV.

what evah..... we're on spinning balls now...

I like this song so much moRE live than just listening to it....before this cd, the version I had was the download from the clio concert...he let LOOSE on this song...and now...he seems to really really like and taht shows when he performs it...

the bridge is unreal in concert....jsut makes me want to scream...

heart won't lie...reach out for....whatever that word is.... :unsure:

couchie...I agree that he sings the hell out of it in concert...hopefully the kimmel clips will be available soon because he really was so into it..something about this song really resonates wtih him and you can just feel it when he sings it. i like the song..always have..the worst thing i can say about it is it isn't tears run dry.

Heh...Claygasm, I guess I just love cliches.

I am starting to question your being here though a bit. :P

Five minutes to next song!

BTW, in the different strokes department...I think this melody is one of the most catchy on the album. Don't find it plodding at all...I find it "earwormy." Hear it once, sing it for the rest of the damn day.

Oh, and my husband really likes this one too.

Heh...Claygasm, I guess I just love cliches.

I am starting to question your being here though a bit. :P

Five minutes to next song!

BTW, in the different strokes department...I think this melody is one of the most catchy on the album. Don't find it plodding at all...I find it "earwormy." Hear it once, sing it for the rest of the damn day.

Oh, and my husband really likes this one too.

I would leave, but isn't LAA next???

I LOVE that one. :)

But next week I'll do everyone a favor and just wait to party until we get to IYDKMBN and BW.........