#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Don't you love articles where Clay's name is included in a winners' list, without any 'runner-up' descriptor? It's just assumed that he's a winner....

But "American Idol" can legitimately claim to mint new pop stars, like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Clay Aiken and "Golden Globes" winner Jennifer Hudson.

This is from a Cincinnati paper post

Ratings Put Idol in Class By Itself

Oh, did anybody hear DAUGHTRY! sing the national anthem at the Chicago Bears/New Orleans Saints championship game today? I watched it at the exhibit hall where I was doing my meeting planner thing today...It was noisy around me but it sounded pretty good, I think. It's cold as a witch's tit there and by the time he finished, a tear fell down his cheek! (from the cold, I presume...)

He's not half as purdy as that Clay Aiken feller, though.. :medium-smiley-070:

Oooh...look at this! IT's a website that shows blogs where people from all over the world exchange packages with each other and one girl in Alabama sent a bunch of stuff to a girl in Finland...and it had Clay's AIW in it!

GimmeYourStuff

What a cool idea!

Alabama sent her some instant grits too. Heh. Gotta be our Ankasia.

I had grits sent to Japan when I lived there and invited everyone over for a real southern brunch, including mimosas. A British friend really fell in love with grits. Wonder where he gets his now.

Edited by jmh123

I don't mind the discussion. It's actually kinda humorous. It means SO much to people because pissiness is just under the surface. To me it's not even about the gifts but I just don't think it's about Clay. He just came off tour with a very appreciative audience. He doesn't need this constant reassurance. If you want to show how much you still care after all this time....buy an album. And I certainly don't think the common folk remember all the details of his appearances, especially not something from two years ago. I do love that TBAF will get an influx of cash.

I'm watching the football game so saw Daughtery. I thought he was good. It was the first time I heard him sing.

Ehh...I admit I'm watching a lot of this with total indifference...how ever the spirit moves them to show they care, more power to them...and frankly for a lot of people a public display of caring is important to them (I admit, if I'm gonna get roses for Valentine's Day, I want them to show up at the office - but I know I'm petty). I also admit that the idea of not to do it because some fan will read something into it makes me go "eh" as well, as I still don't care about what someone whom I don't care about thinks. As Clay has really said nothing one way or another, I think he's going "eh" too.

Oh come on, now we are into the shag discussions - people are happy today, that has to count for something.

Heh, but for how long? Until something bursts their bubble. I sure am hopeful that this turns out to be something by "our" Clay Aiken and not somebody else using that name.....just trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up.

Unfortunately it's already getting spun as showing the "real" Clay since it's upbeat and danceable....not like that boring, slow stuff that the evil RCA has forced upon him.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So if anybody is listening to this countdown with the supposed Clay song let us know what happens.

I've heard of reports that the song is NOT, I repeat, NOT, our Clay Aiken. Don't worry couchie...

Hope certain members of the fandom can survive though. For a while, I thought this song was going to be the second coming of Christ to some....

I finished my song, Merry Xmas with Love, and will post my recommendations tonight.

YAY!! I win. I'm the last one! I'll have mine done by the end of the week, I hope.

:allgood:

It was not "our" Clay.

Hope certain members of the fandom can survive though. For a while, I thought this song was going to be the second coming of Christ to some....

BWAH, but spot on, ldyjocelyn!

Edited by luckiest1

Not Clay - not even close, more like a timberlake than a Clay. Clay actually, like, sings. Open his mouth and a voice comes out, not a techno machine.

Well that was amusing. Sorry, I missed where people were very delusionally thinking Clay could come out with a new song from another label whiile promoting this CD. Was here booze being passed out and I missed it?

eatdrink048.gif

Edited by playbiller

I really didn't think it was going to be him. I didn;t even feel excited about it. I am not yet tired of the new songs we do have. I am not expecting anything new until the Concert when he probably will add some more songs to ATDW...

I was a tad excited because I was hoping it would be an old, undiscovered track or something. I luuuuurve the demos and the old Hometown Connection stuff. It's a quirk of mine. :)

But exactly, ansa. I think some people are so desperate to shove ATDW aside, they placed a lot of hope that this was going to be the next.great.thing. Something separate from RCA. No matter that that doesn't make sense. AT ALL.

thanks Lucky...so I assume that person is from North Carolina considering his email address. I wonder if it was a listener that heard the song on the radio radio radio and wanted to purchase it...seems our little Faux Clay has a fan. heee. I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure someone has made a phone call..enough is enough.

And I think I'm starting to feel sorry for anyone with the initials C.A. in NC, SC and all surronding states.

I really didn't think it was going to be him. I didn;t even feel excited about it.

Yeah, I was so excited about it...I went and watched some TV with my husband while the countdown show was supposed to be on. I figured if it WAS him, either a new song or an old demo (which I figured was more likely), there would be clack by the time I got back on the computer. If it wasn't him (as it turned out), oh well, didn't waste any time, but spent some good time with my husband instead.

:allgood:

I am not yet tired of the new songs we do have. I am not expecting anything new until the Concert when he probably will add some more songs to ATDW...

I listened to half of ATDW during my 30 minute walk on the treadmill today. I hadn't listened to the album with headphones in months, and I was blown away again today. :music-smiley-023: The voice, the production, the songs -- all fantastic. I will love and treasure this album for a LONG time to come.

Ok, I had no idea what you all were talking about so I looked around and I think I figured it out.

People seriously thought that while Clay's latest single from his present album just went for adds on the radio, he had a new song out - most likely on another label - which was climbing the dance charts???????

:ruserious:

Ok, I had no idea what you all were talking about so I looked around and I think I figured it out.

People seriously thought that while Clay's latest single from his present album just went for adds on the radio, he had a new song out - most likely on another label - which was climbing the dance charts???????

:ruserious:

uh huh...and I have read people actually sad that finally Clay was on radio and it wasn;t him...hmmmm. But isn't there a song by OUR Clay actually on AC radio getting airplay? and yet they are thrilled about a Beach chart???And whats a beach chart anyway? So this is dance music ...but dance music specific to shag...an obscure dance from Carolina...people were excited about this????

it is truly bizarro land out there...

and now the investigation begins...I feel sorry for people with CA initials or with names resembling Aiken.

Hi everybody.

Now I love Clay. I really do. But I'm married now and my husband teases me and calls Clay my boyfriend and I reallylove my husbands .....

SO! I am selling my autographed 2003 people magazine with Clay's signature

It's right here on Ebay

Thanks for listening.

I do love Clay. He is awesome. :allgood:

Good luck with that MrsBear. I've never been much of an autograph person but I think I have 4 Clay autographs now.hmmm My LTS from my m&g, ATDW from the Virgin signing.. my autographed photo for being one of the first to sign up in the fan club (those were the days when I could just stay online all the time and monitor the boards heee) and my fancy dancy LTS. Geeee...do I sound obsessed. Why am I posthoing heee.

I am mostly impressed by the protland radio statiion taht seems inlove with out guy. They play 1000 days about 15 times a day.

ETA - I know you finished all the emoticon loading, but....

You know how the motto is where the fans come to play?

Well we added this one :EmoticonRingAround:

But now I found a companion piece to it, following in the playground mode - skipitrip.gif

what doyou think?

Edited by playbiller