#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

As the various boards start planning what gift they will send Clay on Kimmel, may I suggest that FCA send a donation to TBAF on that day. Hell, we don't even have to do a coordinated effort. I will just get the information and those so inclined, please do - that way you can write it off. I am really proud of Clay for starting TBAF and continue to fight the good fight. I haven't really donated much to it over the years. That's one idea anyway. FCA has never really done this sort of thing before. Just thought I'd suggest it.

Count me in! The Beta Alpha thing sounds like a good way to go.

OK...bad clay fan here but...what is a Beta Alpha thing??? and of course I will go for that.

Hey remember me????

Just kinda got caught up.....

I LOVE the intelligent conversing that goes on at this site!!!!!! No green ink, not a bit........

I am just trying to get back into the swing of things...had many meetings, appointments that kept me busy...and then, it was time for my 6 month check up and I tend to get realllllllllllllllllllllllly quiet about then......Hard thing to keep going through...but ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Anyhow.......

muski Sorry to hear about your fil! It does sound as if he was truly ready!

Yippee for Clay on Kimmel!! I love when those two get together......too funny.......

And one more thing..those pics ...from KarenEh :hubbahubba: holy crap that is one FINE man!!!!!!!!!!

that is all...

carry on! lol

Hi rcknrllmom!!! Glad you're back! And I am glad all is well! :)

Couldn't sleep this morning. I LOVE to sleep in really late on Saturdays. I look forward to it all week. I guess there is too much going on in my feeble little brain....

This Valentine's present thing I suspect is going to become an "our board is better than your board" or "Clay likes our board better than your board" type of thing - especially among the big pod boards. I am surprised they aren't taking up a donation to buy out Clay's RCA contract! :lol: I think for some of them they are just trying to attract Clay's attention. They are desperate for Clay to acknowledge them. And then they claim they don't want it to be about the fans..... :tongue70:

But, FCA is a classy place so any gift we would give would be from the heart and we would leave the proverbial blinking lights at home!

I am just glad he's going to be on my teevee soooon!! :rainbowsmile:

Wonder if he'll sing? He can't sing ATD again so if he did sing, what would he sing??

Mornin', all! Hi rocknrlmom and georgia!...I'll go read about this AlphaBeta thing...I'm getting skeered reading about all the various boards' big plans to make a splash with their undying love and whatnot...barf.

This might be old news but it popped up (heh) in my google alert. I like what it says...especially the part I bolded. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

CLAY AIKEN / American Idol Season 2 Runner-Up

Yes, we are forced to do a double-take every time we’re reminded he didn’t win. Ask the “Claymates” - his legion of fans - and they’ll tell you the same. The 28-year-old North Carolinan, who recently released his third album, A Thousand Different Ways, is known for his sharp wit and big heart. And oh, that voice. But there’s something else Clay Aiken would like to accomplish: starting a family. “I want to be a father so badly,” he told People in September.

It's part of an online thingy about AI runners-up...

American Idol Worship

It finally snowed here in Albuquerque, but it wasn't the big storm predicted. I'm glad since I'm getting on a plane soon. Heading to New Orleans, y'all! :nature-smiley-013: HEE! I've never quite known when to use this little bumble bee... :medium-smiley-070:

Gifts - I don't have a problem with sending them - better than the panty thing. I know that CLay enjoyed that, but it was not something I felt comfortable being involved in in my fandom.

Quicker than a beta chapter (although it could still be set up) would be to set up a small FCA group to donate for UNICEF. That can be done almost instantly. The total amount could be printed and put in a card to be given to Clay.

Also, I am selling some Valentine beanies (somewhat unsuccessfully) so I can certainly send one to Couchie to include with a card should you want to do that. FYI Beanies were invented to be at the bottom of ballons and sold through florists, but they are alos posable toys, so whatever you decide, just let me know.

ghi4.gifWell, it is so cold today, I put my dog outside and she demanded to be taken right back in. I will put her coat and boots on now and try again (yeah, right, like she will let me put the boots on, hasn't happened yet!)

I have Adonis and Heartthrob

5932_lg.gif3781_lg.gif

Edited by playbiller

Heh, I have a deal going with a local store to sell the holiday beanies (associated with holidays, like the groundhog, valentines, St Patrick, etc.), it is not going so well, so maybe not much longer.

I have been cruising and amusing myself witrh the delusions that Clay reads the boards. While I do believe he did during AI2, I think he has been a little busy much of the time to read for himself, although I am sure RCA has someone reading them - Very sure. I can't imagine Clay knowing much about them.

I find the delusion that Jimmy always has Clay on for Valentines day - Always ? Twice? I usually connect always with a lot more than that.

Do we have a list of the official fan group list of Clay holidays when gift giving is appropriate? His birthday, Valentines, release day (varies withthe recording season). Any I missed? objet012.gif

This Valentine's present thing I suspect is going to become an "our board is better than your board" or "Clay likes our board better than your board" type of thing - especially among the big pod boards. I am surprised they aren't taking up a donation to buy out Clay's RCA contract! :lol: I think for some of them they are just trying to attract Clay's attention. They are desperate for Clay to acknowledge them. And then they claim they don't want it to be about the fans..... :tongue70:

Ain't it the truth! The contradiction is unbelievable. alien31.gif As for buying out the contract, I've seen it suggested in all seriousness at the OFC.

I hated the Kimmel with all the presents all over the stage, was so embarrassed by it, and I remember all kinds of fuss about whether it was OTT, did Clay not show proper appreciation and so forth. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

They are desperate for Clay to acknowledge them. And then they claim they don't want it to be about the fans.....

Word, CG

but wait! :lightblub:

Didn't he write a blog all about them already? Something about dissecting and analyzing and misinterpreting and whatnot? Dayum, that was directed right at them. What more do they want? :fooling:

:medium-smiley-070: (I love the tongue action of this guy! hee!)

Ok, friends...I'm signing off and heading downstairs to wait for my airport shuttle. I'll say hello when I'm in the Big Easy...

ooooh, that sounds smutty..... :hubbahubba:

I honestly don't mind the gifts but then don't cry later when we continue to be part of the story. It's not like Clay, Jimmy and Clay's fans will be the only one watching the show. And yeah, I remember there was some Clay didn't seem all that appreciative of the gifts talk. I'm sure the show will be fun but I do expect at least five minutes to be taken up with talk about Clay's fans. Of course I'd be pleasantly suprised if they left all the gifts backstage and Clay appreciated them privately. But it ain't gonna happen because it's just too out there to be ignored..

I just think that if no big deal had been made out of the gifts the last time Clay was on Kimmel Valentine's Day, few would be so anxious to be giving gifts this time. You aren't supposed to give a gift so that you, the giver, gets recognition.

I have no problem with giving gifts if you honestly do not expect that Clay will acknowledge them personally. I remember during the IT when so many were bringing gifts to the concerts. At some point there was an interview with Clay where he said most of the things like stuffed animals, books, etc. would be given to charity. One girl I knew was so upset! She honestly thought Clay would personally get her gifts and send her a thank-you note! She was so mad she said she would never send him a gift again. All I could think was that she was giving the gift for all the wrong reasons.

Somehow I think Clay would appreciate donations to the BAF or UNICEF or whatever given from our hearts more than he would if he knew they were from someone's desire to be recognized by him.

hee those are too cute...just the kind of thing to make guys blush...hee

eta: this is concerning plays little beanies...good luck with them. when I was writing this post it was after play's post and by the time I posted lots more wonderful people made my point...thats why I love you guys!!!

I do like doing one for TBAF...UNICEF is great too. But I think TBAF may need it more cos they are a less known entity. Also it is the one that Clay has established...and selfishly enough...inclusion is dear and close to my heart. Although thankfully, my daughter hasn't encoutnered any problems on inclusion in our small town, I know that is not the case in a lot of other places. Actually, if we were in the bigger French school board, I would have quite a big fight in my hands to get Cait mainstreamed. I am simply lucky that the smaller English schoolboard is very open minded when it comes to inclusion of special needs kids.

There is nothing wrong with the gift giving per se. I think, aside from the resulting problem of where to put all these things for Clay...he truly appreciates the gesture. What I personally have a problem with is what happens after the event. There is the inter-board sniping about which gifts were lame, what gifts did Clay touch. I just hate to see this gift giving escalate like the duelling grandpas and their teddy bears. In my mind stuff animal stuffed pizza...no diff except the crew can eat the pizza. Then there is the mixed message the fans keep giving about how much attention they want to get from the media. They complain that almost all of CLay's interviews and articles will talk about the "claymates", yet we keep giving the media reason to talk about us.

oh well in the long run I think its up to the group and their mindset. I personally prefer a donation from FCA to TBAF or a formation of beta alpha group...and maybe a card that will list the members that joined or donated.

If we do form a Beta Alpha chapter....anyone got a good name for it? The only thing I can come up with is "Finding Clay Aiken and Making a Difference."

Anyone else?

*waves at rcknrllmom*

Yup I like this name...

Now it is being suggested that if Clay doesn't receive gifts it will be taken by the media that he has lost his fans!

I bet not many outside of "us" even remember he was on Kimmel on Valentine's Day before much less that he got gifts!

Good lord!

I just think that if no big deal had been made out of the gifts the last time Clay was on Kimmel Valentine's Day, few would be so anxious to be giving gifts this time. You aren't supposed to give a gift so that you, the giver, gets recognition.

I have no problem with giving gifts if you honestly do not expect that Clay will acknowledge them personally. I remember during the IT when so many were bringing gifts to the concerts. At some point there was an interview with Clay where he said most of the things like stuffed animals, books, etc. would be given to charity. One girl I knew was so upset! She honestly thought Clay would personally get her gifts and send her a thank-you note! She was so mad she said she would never send him a gift again. All I could think was that she was giving the gift for all the wrong reasons.

Somehow I think Clay would appreciate donations to the BAF or UNICEF or whatever given from our hearts more than he would if he knew they were from someone's desire to be recognized by him.

Word to this. It got even worse. By the JBT fans had discovered that some of the gifts were--gasp--thrown away! It never occurred to anyone that Clay would need an extra tractor trailer or two to haul around every gift he received. I remember one in particular that someone at the OFC made a big stink about--it was a scrapbook of photographs. Now I'm sympathetic to the giver (who wasn't the one who made the stink), as I'm sure she worked hard to create the gift, but I can also understand why Clay wasn't all that interested in a bunch of photos of himself. And I'm sure he already has a few. LOL.

Now it is being suggested that if Clay doesn't receive gifts it will be taken by the media that he has lost his fans!

I bet not many outside of "us" even remember he was on Kimmel on Valentine's Day before much less that he got gifts!

Good lord!

Um, yeah. But since the media are in the personal employ of the Evil Conspiracy to Ruin Clay Aiken, I'm sure someone would tip them off. alien31.gif

I feel like the grinch that stole Xmas. I'm against it for the reasons Ansa mentioned but it's not the end of the world. It will be interesting to see what the different boards come up with. But I'm not spending any money on Jimmy only to regret it later when it's our time to hate him. heee.

I'm out...off to turn in my new lemon of a ipod in.

:scream:

Couchie, I must have a small hard lump of grinchie coal for a heart, too. The dude does not need any more stuff - particularly since he doesn't live in LA anymore. It's one thing to be able to load stuff into the SUV to drive back to your $2.5 mill home. It's another the have to dump it before you catch the red-eye back east.

A TBAF donation sounds great to me, and would be the most meaningful.

Good lord!

yeah...Clay truly needs the fans to fight his battles and to prove that he is sooo hoottt!!!! cos he cannot project that himself...sigh

I really think fans should let this mentality go. If people want to send gifts cos its valentines...send them...but not because we need to prove we are still here! GAH...

I feel like the grinch that stole Xmas. I'm against it for the reasons Ansa mentioned but it's not the end of the world. It will be interesting to see what the different boards come up with. But I'm not spending any money on Jimmy only to regret it later when it's our time to hate him. heee.

Now this is funny!!!!

but but...they are BFF!!! why else would Jimmy go against Evil RCA plans to ruin Clay and invite him!!!! they are BFF I tell I read it in one blog!! Its true!!!

I will get to Clay in a minute - but let me explain about the beanies.

I used to tutor a young boy who collected them and so I learned a lot about them during the craze. Then I found my sister-in-law was looking for a few desperately, well, I hadthe connections and managed to leave some at my mother's house for my SIL to pick up - who knew my Mom would think they were cute and asked me to get her some. Wel,, my dDad just dies and Mom was kind of at loose ends, I would get her al the hard to find ones, we would talk about it, much as I would expect we would be talking about Clay if she were still alive. Mom would arrange the ones she had for display, she would read the little poems and found some of them comforting. Some nights she would call me just to ask me to come over and see her latest display. I started a subscription ordering of some not too available ones (the beanies of the month) and found it hard to cancel after Mom passed on. I inherited all her beanies to sell and I had a bunch coming in each month, I ended up wth a combo of hers and mine and started selling them at the beach, but then the market crashed and they have little value. I am hoping this concession thing works out here because I currently have no income and I stillhave lots of beanies. I usually drop off 30 or 40 at Christmas at the shelter every year and give the buddies to Toys For Tots each year, but I still have plenty left.

Now, how does this pertain to Clay. Well, besides the fact that Clay always has somewhere to donate toys, the creator of beaies (Ty Warner) is a very charitible man. For years he gave 100% of his profit to various charities, raising millions for them - Princess Diana charity, Glazer Pediatric AIDs, etc. Lately he has created more charity beanies as a large part of his line, but only gives a percentage ofthe profit now - which is reasonable because his business is not as proftable now and he is still giving a huge amount to quite a few charities. He always is donating loads of toys on the side. Well, I am about to make my semi annual post a once again to partner with the BAF - I really think this would be a good thing. Either that or get Clay to autograph a beanie for Glazer Pediatric AIDS on e-bay (he runs this periodically, as well).

Laugh at me , if you will. I still think this would make a good partnership. I never suggested what typ of beanie, but with all this discussion today, I think I will suggest a border terrier.

Back to reality.

Oh I think that will be a great partnership too.

I love beanies...Actually I made sure to keep the ones my girls got since they were kids. We got rid of a lot of their stuffed animals but not their beanie babies. That would be a good collector item for BAF to sell. signign beanies would be a good thing too.

good suggestion I say.

OOOOOOkay - postwhoring a little because I just read on the CB that AI5 is being shown in Korea and on 2/14 they will be shown the final episode - they are so thrilled - why? because they get to see Clay. Hee

eyes19.gif

Edited by playbiller

OOOOOOkay - postwhoring a little because I just read on the CB that AI5 is being shown in Korea and on 2/14 they will be shown the final episode - they are so thrilled - why? because they get to see Clay. Hee

eyes19.gif

Awww I love the Korean fans!!! I hope clay can visit them soon.

post hoing???? whats that??? :medium-smiley-070: