#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

You know that Big R Radio everyone has been talking about? Well I decided to listen to it today.

They just played LAA. I hadn't heard it in ages. I had forgotten how much I loved it.

I so want more people to hear it, to know Clay wrote the lyrics.

So I had a delusion. One of the weeks on AI would be David Foster week. Then on results night, they have a special guest star - Clay, singing the song he wrote with David Foster. There he would be, his hair long with body and sheen (hee!), just the right amount of stuble, tight jeans, sitting on a stool, DF at the piano, someone with a cello and a spotlight on Clay as he sings LAA.

Paula would be a mess. The crowd would be in tears. The contestants would know they are no where near as good. Even Simon would stand and applaud, wiping away a tear.

*Sigh*

But we all know that will never happen because RCA/Clive won't let it! And if by some chance it was going to happen, they would surely saw through one of the legs of the stool so when Clay sat on it, it would break and he would go tumbling to the ground. :medium-smiley-075:

[iF]

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you

But make allowance for their doubting too,

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

I've always loved that poem, jmh123. Thanks for bringing it over. It does seem very applicable to Clay.

So people are saying RCA paid for bad reviews? Will wonders never cease?

One thing I've always found astonishing is the willingness of people to believe that a publicly held corporation would feel the need to actually spend money to devalue someone they need to make money off. If the label really wanted Clay to fade into obscurity, the cheapest and simplest thing to do would be to simply not produce an album. It's amazing how people just don't get that. I can believe that ATDW might not have been the label's highest priority, or that some executives may not have believed in the project as much as we wish they would. I can imagine a certain amount of miscalculation of the market, underestimation of Clay's potential, or confusion over how best to promote him. I think it's entirely possible that serious mistakes were made. However, I just can't see how it would be in the label's best interest to make a deliberate effort to sabotage Clay in any way. Quite frankly, he's not really a dangerous threat--not to Daughtrey!, Taylor, Justin or any other completely different artist. This notion that Clay's sales must be minimized to protect others is unfathomable, IMHO, and completely laughable to anyone outside the fandom.

jmh, I'm printing out that poem, and will keep it near me for a long time. It's certainly applicable for Clay, and also for my own life....

Sometimes I wonder why I even waste my breath in Podland.

:fca:

Can I just say that I appreciate all of those that you that have the gumption to at least TRY? I just can't do it, and by this time, I'm too far removed from PodPeople land. Actually, I'm happier that way. (BTW, thank you also to those people who bring the news over from other boards....I really appreciate it....)

You know that Big R Radio everyone has been talking about? Well I decided to listen to it today.

They just played LAA. I hadn't heard it in ages. I had forgotten how much I loved it.

Darn it! I forgot to turn it on today, and missed LAA...and started with Richard Marx singing RHW. Not as good....hee....

I so want more people to hear it, to know Clay wrote the lyrics.

So I had a delusion. One of the weeks on AI would be David Foster week. Then on results night, they have a special guest star - Clay, singing the song he wrote with David Foster. There he would be, his hair long with body and sheen (hee!), just the right amount of stuble, tight jeans, sitting on a stool, DF at the piano, someone with a cello and a spotlight on Clay as he sings LAA.

Paula would be a mess. The crowd would be in tears. The contestants would know they are no where near as good. Even Simon would stand and applaud, wiping away a tear.

*Sigh*

I LOVE this fantasy. I'd even be happy if he was wearing a suit instead of the jeans...but the jeans would be a nice touch. But I think you pushed it a bit far with Simon -- I don't think the man knows what a tear is.

But we all know that will never happen because RCA/Clive won't let it! And if by some chance it was going to happen, they would surely saw through one of the legs of the stool so when Clay sat on it, it would break and he would go tumbling to the ground. :medium-smiley-075:

Or else there would be another Clay Aiken impersonator, who would come through the back of the stage, ruining the mood of the entire proceedings....

Gosh, I love this place....

This notion that Clay's sales must be minimized to protect others is unfathomable, IMHO, and completely laughable to anyone outside the fandom.

Its also completely laughable to some in the fandom!

Most of those are here at FCA!

they would surely saw through one of the legs of the stool so when Clay sat on it, it would break and he would go tumbling to the ground.

Oh, but CG...if if someone did saw through one of the legs of the stool, Clay wouldn't fall....Even with only two legs on the stool, Clay could supply a third leg.

ba-dum-pum!

Yeah, that was weak...however, your scenario is a hot one. I'd love to see the loose tie/open neck shirt (just open enough for those pokey chest hairs to be visible :hubbahubba:, an expensive, well-tailored jacket and either PANTS! or some extremely well-fitted jeans...and right when he sits down, he does that fingers through the hair trick, gives Paula a deadly eyefuck and wink. He absolutely is merciless on Ms. MicStand with those long fingers adorned by those HAWT titanium rings...and he sings the schiznit out of LAA, with mucho eyelash fluttering and lipbites, cheekbones cutting through the air filled with moans of various intensity from all the women (and most likely some delusional men) in the freaking joint.

He'd kill. Simply kill.

And not a glory note to be heard. God. I love it.

Simon would be wiping away a tear, thinking of the money he lost...

But no...RCA/Clive wouldn't saw through the chair leg...they would activate the Aiken Random Lyric Generator chip in Clay's now waist length hair and LAA would turn into a tribute to Whitney Houston, forcing the Claymates to support Clive's newest (oldest?) darling...

Because I'm much eviller than y'all....

And Clay would somehow overcome the programming and launch into If You Don't Know Me By Now (because I like it better), kicking Paula away since y'all know she would crawl up there after that eyefuck and the pod people would all scream in ecstasy at first (because after bitching for 3 weeks that he would be FORCED to be on AI AGAIN - they would still all watch it) - and once the pheromones wore off, declare they hated it.

Can I just say that I appreciate all of those that you that have the gumption to at least TRY? I just can't do it, and by this time, I'm too far removed from PodPeople land. Actually, I'm happier that way. (BTW, thank you also to those people who bring the news over from other boards....I really appreciate it....)

Can I just add a huge :drinking34: to those of you are including a different perspective to PodLand? Obviously, parts of Podoina have a pretty substantial audience, but not everyone can post. Those of you who are able to hold certain posters accountable for backing up some statements of opinion that seem pretty outrageous are doing a very good thing, IMO.

Yep....glad some of you rational people can actual post in Podland! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, and lookie what bottle left on my story thread on CV....smutlist.gif

hee....makes me want to write...I think I'll do that tonight instead of turning my mind to mush watching AI... :medium-smiley-070:

hee....makes me want to write...I think I'll do that tonight instead of turning my mind to mush watching AI... :medium-smiley-070:

:hubbahubba::goaround: :urhot: :woohoo:

Although it's about that awkward "Face the Housemates" time isn't it, so maybe I should cool my jets a bit, eh?

Can I just add a huge :drinking34: to those of you are including a different perspective to PodLand? Obviously, parts of Podoina have a pretty substantial audience, but not everyone can post. Those of you who are able to hold certain posters accountable for backing up some statements of opinion that seem pretty outrageous are doing a very good thing, IMO.

Yeah that!!!

Makes me happy when I see that - even if more times than not it falls on deaf little pod ears!

So are you guys going to brave another night of AI, or do you have other priorities like I do?

tiny_ball.gif

Ya know, I could never stand the auditions part of the show, never saw Clay at take until it was loaded out as clack. I think that is why a reality junkie like me would turn off the show during season one as well. Fear kept tryingto get me to watch it. I did likethe hollywood rounds though, but I think they could be better, just my taste, less drama and all you know.

I see that they are saying that Rosie is picking on Paula now - oddly enough Leno and Kimmel were much harder on her in thier monologues, but I guess it is OK for guys to talk tough or maybe it is the hour that they do it at. I admit Rosie was harsh, but the late night comics were downright cruel. E and CNN headlines were also very harsh, so I guess there really is a get Rosie group out there now - that conspiracy is larger than just the Donald (although he is milking it now that he has become the spokes person of all things against her). It is once a woman speaks, it must be nicey nice. So, yes, I do believe there is a conspiracy against her, a conspiracy against any woman who is not a goody goody. I do now expect her to leave the view. Disclaimer, Rosie has never been a favorite of miine, I just can't ignore the unfairness or newsworthiness crap.

So many things to comment on....

First of all AI...

I actually love the AI concept. I don;t really mind Ryan, I often agree with Simon, I think Paula is a hoot and completely high as a kite. But I still like her and I think I will miss her if she is not there. used to like Randy but he is becoming very mean and useless...I usually like th audition phase because I really enjoy watching the contestnats better when I see their auditions. Last year I was totally involved because I saw all the top 12's auditions. The cruelty just bothers me when I think the poeple that are being made fun of are completely clueless or truly delusional. Like last night I felt really bad for that boss. It see,s like he and his wife simply wanted to support this girl and the way they made fun of them was really terrible. At least the boass acted wth dignity with his wife. Most of the time, I no longer feel sorry for the people cos I really think they were there to simply be on TV.

But last night, I really was very disappointed with the show. I just realized that the bad auditions are getting so tiresome cos there is really nothing new anymore. I also found their editing to be atrocious. The pacing of the show, was really off. Some stories were stretched a little too much. Now I don;t know if the problem is that they really didn;t find too many dynamic people in Minnesota...or the show is simply running out of new material. I really think the only way they can make this less tiring is by showing more of the good auditions. This really gives people someting to cheer about.

pod people and podland...

I think at this point, a lot of pod poeple are more invested in them being right than for Clay to be treated right.

I have to word so many of you but this is the point I can't get over...

One thing I've always found astonishing is the willingness of people to believe that a publicly held corporation would feel the need to actually spend money to devalue someone they need to make money off. If the label really wanted Clay to fade into obscurity, the cheapest and simplest thing to do would be to simply not produce an album. It's amazing how people just don't get that. I can believe that ATDW might not have been the label's highest priority, or that some executives may not have believed in the project as much as we wish they would. I can imagine a certain amount of miscalculation of the market, underestimation of Clay's potential, or confusion over how best to promote him. I think it's entirely possible that serious mistakes were made. However, I just can't see how it would be in the label's best interest to make a deliberate effort to sabotage Clay in any way. Quite frankly, he's not really a dangerous threat--not to Daughtrey!, Taylor, Justin or any other completely different artist. This notion that Clay's sales must be minimized to protect others is unfathomable, IMHO, and completely laughable to anyone outside the fandom.

WORD...I love Clay and I think he has so much potential...but he is not to everyone's taste and I really think that RCA don;t really have to work too hard to get him negative reviews, he just has to release something, unfotunately...I also don;t think the the Daughtry team ever had to worry about Clay...totally different artist.

so much more to say...but I need to be a mommy right now...

So exactly when did RCA start buying off the media to get Clay bad reviews - cuz I think the first bad ones I saw was for This is the Night. MoaM's were brutal. Merry Xmas with Love, much better. Jukebox tour - again brutal. And that is my favorite tour ever. Clay has always been treated harshly and IMO unfairly by reviewers. I don't understand it, never have. But to say that RCA is paying for this is just idiotic unless they have been trying to get rid of him from day one.

Ansa, I too loved the concept of Idol, I thouroughly enjoyed the first and second seasons. It's funny, I remember telling my husband after the first season, that I wanted to buy Kelly's album, first because she was good and second because I got so much enjoyment out of watching the show, I thought it was a way to show support. The second season I felt pretty much the same, like you, I often times agreed with Simon's critique's, but late in the season it seemed to me that he would critique Clay for things that he did not critique Ruben for doing. I was not an internet fan until October or November of 03, so I didn't know any of the things that were discussed on the boards. I do know that at the end of AI2, I didn't cry, I thought Clay was the best, but I was happy he was going to get a recording contract. I made myself a pledge, that I'd buy anything he put out.

Of course I meant recordings.....I never dreamed I would want to go see him in concert. That desire came after finding the boards and seeing what a frenzy was going on because of Clay Aiken.

Anyway, I think the concept is good, I think it is the feeling that they know going in what type of performer they are looking for, and that they try to influence the audience to that end, that started to ruin the show for me. Maybe that doesn't happen at all, since I've quit watching I can't claim to be an expert on the show.

Oh I think AI will run for the next ten years because it is a genius concept. What's great for the people who come in later seasons is they get more respect right off the bat. I have no problem wtih that at all. I think the manipulation is what bothers me most...Constantine and his band and Carrie just fresh off the farm....it felt more like a reality show than a real contest. And I guess that's just what it is. I definitely understand why people love it. It plays every week in my house. I just shut the door and turn up my game. Heee. Off to watch b-ball.

West Coasties, tonight's episode of AI is much better than last night, IMO. Some good people, and the usual number of freaks, but they aren't being mean to teenagers tonight. And Pauler is slightly less buzzed.

Slightly is right - especially on day 2! But it was definitely better as a show. Not the singers so much, but it felt better.

I think at this point, a lot of pod poeple are more invested in them being right than for Clay to be treated right.

Amen...and to me, that loses the entire "big picture." In a way, the focus is off Clay, if that makes any sense. Why sure it does....because it's all about THEM, and not Clay. What THEY want. THEIR being right. In the meantime, there's Clay...and I choose to focus on him.

JennaZ, just simply "thank you." You've said a mouthful here...but one that is so very true, IMO.

I think about the Pod People, and their theories, and also the jealousy I see in the fandom toward anyone around Clay, and then I simply shake my head. If I don't laugh about it, I'd be bawling my eyes out for weeks at a time. Pure insanity.

Think I need to watch or listen to some clack. That's it...OCOCE. I've only got 14 more copies to listen to, and then make my final decision....

I actually found someone I want to follow and check out through the show. the brohter and sister, don;t know their names yet

Per the USA Today blog - Shyamalee and Sanjaya Malakar. I liked them very much, too, and think they have potential beyond the Sister / Brother gimmick. Sanjaya needs to do some work on his hair, though.

I like Tom Daniels' voice too. He was the guy with the 'fro who was the first one who got through.

I am keeping in mind, though, Paris Bennett from last year. She was stellar in her first audition, and I don't think she was ever as good again during the show. So who knows?

Taylor 2.0? Total joke, although he denied it to Simon. I bet he gets a passel of new hairstyling clients, though.