#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

The never ending "bad auditions" is one of the things that has turned me off on American Idol past few seasons. I watched about half of season 3, less of season 4, and then last year I only watched the finale when Clay was on. I agree with Clay, it has lost it's innocence. I think I also have the attitude of, I don't need to find another Idol, so why watch. I know, that is probably short sighted of me........ :whatever:

Tonight I watched the first several banter videos that Chardonnay put together, they really are fun. I'm pretty sure the grin never left my face the whole time I was watching. If you haven't watched them yet, try to fit one in every now and then, it's good for what ails ya.

I used to like watching the AI audition shows because I liked the idea of watching the contestants from beginning to end. However, if all the audition shows are as poorly put together as last night's, I may have to rethink that idea. Off to make my rounds, and see what the various entertainment writers thought about the episode. I may even wander back to TWoP, which I have been boycotting for a couple of months now.

Ooo look! Clay didn't say, "Clive! Ptooie! I spit upon his name!" - though I'll bet it's being looked at through the super sekrit decoder rings and has been declared that Clay is really saying, "Help me! Save me!"

Because you know Clive is totally worthless on today's music scene and no one would ever want to listen to him. Because anything he did that was successful was an accident, and anything that wasn't successful was because he is totally incompetent. And old. And we all know how old equals bad.

I know this is from yesterday, but I'm behind (story of my life!).

I cannot believe those in pod land are convinced that Clay's comments on Clive in that interview are snark and/or spin AND THEY ARE CONVINCED ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENTLY IS DELUSIONAL!! I mean, they can't even entertain the possibility he was being serious!

I supposed it was also snark/spin when Clay said on the liner notes of ATDW that Clive allowed him to do ATDW in a way that let him be himself and that it was an HONOR to work on this concept with Clive???

:asking02:

I don't know why it continues to surprise me, but it does.

Thank God around these parts there are :pod:

Here :allgood:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I see on a different board that someone fairly new here didn't register her birthday...so happy birthday NCDonna!

:00003653:

The never ending "bad auditions" is one of the things that has turned me off on American Idol past few seasons. I watched about half of season 3, less of season 4, and then last year I only watched the finale when Clay was on. I agree with Clay, it has lost it's innocence. I think I also have the attitude of, I don't need to find another Idol, so why watch. I know, that is probably short sighted of me........ :whatever:

I don't think it's short-sighted at all. Personally...I'm one who couldn't stand the audition processes in season 2, let alone the seasons afterwards. I'm one of those people who cannot bear to watch people humiliated in any way, shape or form, and if I get the feeling that people are laughing AT people, rather than WITH them, I'm out of there. I've always felt this way -- it bugged me even when Johnny Carson would bring on someone with some strange talent. I guess I'm just very hypersensitive to this. And yes, this meant that I didn't see Clay when he did his audition, and I can't claim for him to have gotten me at "take." Anyway, the whole idea of the audition shows getting practically the highest ratings for the season just boggles my mind, especially since it seems that the audience really doesn't get to see the "diamonds in the rough" but rather the people with delusions of grandeur only.

Tonight I watched the first several banter videos that Chardonnay put together, they really are fun. I'm pretty sure the grin never left my face the whole time I was watching. If you haven't watched them yet, try to fit one in every now and then, it's good for what ails ya.

I really like this series as well. Yes, she's cut out of LOT of the banter for each show, but her editing is fantastic, and she got all the good stuff. Besides, I simply love watching Clay TALK.

:onsoapbox:

I read on other boards about "the voice" that certain posters hear when they read interviews with Clay, like the one yesterday. They "hear" obvious snark in his voice when he talks about Clive Davis and their working relationship. My question is, how does someone "hear" this when it is simply words on paper? I have to admit that early on in my fandom, I've made the assumptions that I can hear Clay speaking when I read his words....but no more. I've broken that habit, and it's because IMO people read these assumptions that others make and then treat it as the gospel truth. The thing is -- the fan should know NOTHING about how Clay says something in an interview, ESPECIALLY print interviews. There is NO WAY I know what goes on in Clay's head, or his tone for voice during a particular time frame.

And then...I watch clack of the man, giving his all in a performance. I think about the assumptions made for him by many of his "fans," and I simply either want to cry my eyes out, or else punch a few people. It greatly upsets me that he can say in a blog "don't read too much into anything I write," and people keep going at it. I feel especially upset because I think these speculations will end up hurting Clay in the long run, if they don't hurt him already. I feel totally uncomfortable trashing someone's boss, or his friends, or his "posse," and practically anyone around him. I wouldn't want that to happen to ME if I were in his position, no matter how I felt about my boss.

I know I shouldn't let these people get to me...but they do.

:fca:

In the time I was writing this, plus having my husband stop by unexpectedly at work and take me away from the computer for a few minutes...Claygasm writes, once again, what I'm feeling as well, especially this:

THEY ARE CONVINCED ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENTLY IS DELUSIONAL!!

Maybe this is what is getting me so down...that I can't even think differently about this, and express it on a board, only to be shot down as someone who isn't smart enough to see the "truth." Well, damn it -- I'm smart enough, I'm good enough, and people like me. And I know that I see only what is written on a page, no more than that. I shouldn't be derided for that.

ldyjocelyn , you are singing my song, especialy the point aobut his boss and coworkers. I guess I am a Stuart myself. I get your point, pods, I just don't agree!

I have been saying, how many time can you insult some ones business without hurting it. But these same fans have been trashing this album, refusing to buy this album and then complaining about sales in a SEE, SEEE way. I admit that I have stopped spending time at Amazon and other review sites pressing those report buttons on 5 star reviews that basically are this fans saying things like "he was forced to do this album", as if that would get people to buy it. I just can't read it anymore. Board after board of nuts. Now there are degrees of questioning - there are people who think something strange has happened - and express it that way, which is fine because they don't pretend that they know any secret things, they just have a feeling or what ever. Definitely not alien31.gif, they are just curious and want to figure it out. The part that really sucks is that I really like a lot of these pods, but feel I can't talk to them about this or anything anymore.

To be alien31.gif you need to KNOW what Clay means and dismiss anything he says that doesn't agree with your opinion. They should be forced to go to a Limbaugh fan site and be forced to read posts by thier fans over and over until you recognize what delusion is. Yes, long ago, I used to do things like that and laugh at them, but that was long long ago before I saw where delusions led. They weren't proudly calling themselves dittoheads because they could think for themselves.

I think the big divide is that many people believe that the message boards are for the posters, which is fine, but live in such an insular world that they don't believe it matters that the comments that are made show up in googles or tha others read the boards (RCA, haters, etc.). I do agree with this belief a lot, except when so many of the boards sound the same. It is not that there are so many people who believe this, it is the postwhoring of the same people over and over and over and over and over - and in the nastiest way. I am so glad that they tried to bring a halt to it at the OFC, but it is still unhospitable place because those same people are there doing the same thing only not being so obvious. They make the boards inhabitable. I used to hide out in other threads, bt now they are posting this same crap in every.single.thread, even when it has nothing to do with him. I am waiting for it to show up in the political thread, sigh.

I guess I have to adapt to the attitude of attitude15.gif

Now to the good stuff, I really love that Sheknows.com interview, so much so that I started to nose around the site and found other interviews and things, What finally occured to me - duh - was that this interview seemed in depth and fun, but it was just from an entertainment web site that was full of blogs and things. Not a big deal site, not a magazine site, not a news print site, but a website that covers all kinds of things and Clay was featured in the reality television American idol section (instead on music, but lets not tell - waves to pods who will take this and twist it) not in the music section as I would have preferred. But what really struck me is that this could have been the same source as that other board where we got the whiney ass review after they asked fans to submit questions. Only this was written so entertainingly that you would think it was a personal interview. What to you think, Huh? huh?

Oh no, time for birthdays to start and I owe Kandre from last year scrambles to get new emoticons. Happy Birthday NCDonna birthday14.gif

Hmm, maybe I need to find more birthday signs. suck.gif

Edited by playbiller

The only thing I care about when it comes to interpretations abot Clay's words is that they don't become truth for him in the national media/bloggers etc because of it. I want him to have the power to negotiate, to plan, to do whatever he needs to without a gun to his head. I alwys believed the message boards were for us but after the last year, really don't anymore. We need to be a support but after 3 years we still can't do that on a daily basis. We can only do the big, supportive, hope he notices me thing or the god I love him so much I'm hurting how can I help thing. But I guess that's pretty much impossible because we've never been united anyway. I contribute to that as well so am not pointing fingers. There are elements of the fandom that I have always shut out even when they reached across to me and said lets talk.

Happy Birthday NCDonna.

Ahem.... KAndre...did you ever finish your recap?

Play, looks like we were thinking along the same lines this morning

AI: I just think it's too mean spirted and manipulative so can't enjoy it anymore.

Play I think you're dead on about the interivew. I actually think it was a great concept and thinking out side of the box. Of course, you can't control how things turned out but I hope they try it again in the future.

I used to like watching the AI audition shows because I liked the idea of watching the contestants from beginning to end. However, if all the audition shows are as poorly put together as last night's, I may have to rethink that idea. Off to make my rounds, and see what the various entertainment writers thought about the episode. I may even wander back to TWoP, which I have been boycotting for a couple of months now.

Bottle, in the first 2 seasons of AI I didn't mind the auditions as much. Of course, I don't think they ran them for as many episodes as they have the past few seasons. I think I also started to dread the references to "the next Clay Aiken" that seemed to be highlighted after season 2, they also seem to "sandbag" or hold back on showing some of the good performers. Anyway, JMO, obviously there are millions of people who enjoy it.

hugs to ldyjocelyn :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm delusional. I'm going to live in my world that says people were so disgusted and pissed that they were duped into giving that AI debacle two hours of their lives that they won't do the same tonight. I really do wonder if the ratings will slip at all for tonight's show. My daugthers, my hubby and I all just couldn't believe how simply 'dreadful and pathetic' (tm Slimon) the entire thing was. It's all just for show now.

Remember Keith? He was genuinely bad. He wasn't doing a schtick (sp)---I remember in a later interview that Clay said they were actually in line next to each other and that yes, Keith really did believe in his talent and practiced a lot--that he was a nice guy. Maybe once William Hung actually got a career out of being bad and made money being ridiculed, other less-nice people crawled out of the woodwork and TPTB saw $$$$.

All I know is that I don't have an interest in the show as it is now. I'll wait and watch once it's actually somewhat reminiscent of a singing competition.

Couchie and Play I guess I think along the same lines as you. I don't think it is a good thing for fans to keep saying that Clay is slyly implying that Clive Davis is an idiot. Some of them have been doing this for months on end. People are wishing death on this man for heavens sake, and then wondering why we as a fan group are so maligned by the media.

I said on the board quite a while back, when people hear things enough they start to believe it, and like Play said, some of them just keep posting it over and over and over. Many of these posters are ones that I used to feel were levelheaded and logical, but because they never liked the covers album concept, never liked the covers that were chosen, they want to blame someone, and logic has been tossed aside. They want to believe that Clay has been writing songs for a long time, could be true, but if it is, why is there nothing original on his demos? They want to believe that Clay is a rocker, there again, out of his his whole song catalog, how many have been rock songs? See, I believe that Clay can write songs given the right inspiration and encouragement, but I don't need him to do that to be his fan. I believe that Clay can rock out, given the right material and setting, but again I don't need that from him, to stay his fan.

You know, there could be some truth in their beliefs about Clive, lord knows a lot of musical artists have not gotten along with their labels, but how does it help Clay to keep harping on this?

I want Clay to be around for years, singing what feels good to him, because if it feels good to him, it's a pretty good bet I'm going to like it. I do wonder sometimes, if his star fades, whose fault will it be? Will it be the haters or the fans.

Hey! Enjoy being behind - being caught up isn't all that....

eyes ldyjocelyn in her tasteful pastel sweater and agrees with everything she says....

Play simply has the BESTEST emoticons! kisses "crybaby whiny-ass"

Like I said way back at my second serious annoyance at the fandom with the LtS: What the hell are people expecting to accomplish? And frankly, with the effort some put into the constant whining, they expect to get SOMETHING out of it...either validation or agreement or sycophants or me bleeding from the ears....SOMETHING. A lot of the boards are feeling more and more like that diamond mine in Arkansas - you occasionally get something nice but 99% of the time you don't.

As for the new AI, even the ones they put through didn't impress me that much...

Recap? Hmmm. I do believe I can get to the next chapter during the waste of time that is AI tonight....

I also love the way the Pod People always refer to the album of originals Clay and Jaymes put together that Clive scrapped.

Excuse me, but there was never an "album" per se. As late as November Clay talked about all the material they had recorded - 3 to 4 albums worth - and he said they had recorded SOME COVERS. He talked of not knowing what to do with it all, did they want a LOVE SONG THEME for example. It seems pretty clear they did not present a finished album to Clive. I believe they went over the material recorded and, as Clay has said, they realized the songs that seem to resonate with them most were covers. I have always suspected that Clay may have shot himself in the foot by saying that in Clive's presense and Clive jumped on it. :lol:

But I also think its pretty clear that there was never an album of all originals.

I remember when I was hanging out in the old OFC album thread (*waves to KAndre*) people were talking about this mythical original album Clive scrapped. Not only were they convinced it existed, but they were convinced it was full of kick-ass rock songs! One deluded person, who I just had to argue with, was convinced we had even heard most of the songs from it. They included BFM, JY, TRD, ATD, "Compromise" (the song we may have heard 2 seconds of playing in the background of an interview), "Taken" (that Plumb song that was rumored to have been recorded by Clay) and I think there were others. The poster insisted all these were rock songs and that these were songs definitely on the album scrapped by Clive. There was no telling them otherwise.

I really believe these people have convinced themselves that Clay and Jaymes had put together a finished album of all original rock songs which Clive listened to, said pfffft and "mandated" the covers. The fact that this doesn't jive with past interviews is completely beside the point.

I have to wonder, if Clay were to leave RCA and go with David Foster and he put out an album of slow schmaltzy ballads, including a few covers, who would they blame that on?

Conversely, what if Clay stays at RCA and his next album is filled with original kick-ass uptempo pop songs, a few pretty ballads and a few written by Clay and gets lots of radio play? Would they give Clive any credit, even if Clay did??

:grrrr::afteryou:

I have to wonder, if Clay were to leave RCA and go with David Foster and he put out an album of slow schmaltzy ballads, including a few covers, who would they blame that on?

Conversely, what if Clay stays at RCA and his next album is filled with original kick-ass uptempo pop songs, a few pretty ballads and a few written by Clay and gets lots of radio play? Would they give Clive any credit, even if Clay did??

Heh, this is what I've been trying to say in different ways on other boards. Can't they open their minds a bit? It's not all black and white.

:fca:

I'm delusional. I'm going to live in my world that says people were so disgusted and pissed that they were duped into giving that AI debacle two hours of their lives that they won't do the same tonight. I really do wonder if the ratings will slip at all for tonight's show. My daugthers, my hubby and I all just couldn't believe how simply 'dreadful and pathetic' (tm Slimon) the entire thing was. It's all just for show now.

Though many of you were turned off, you may be in the minority. According to Media Life:

After a record-setting season last year, “American Idol” looks poised to deliver even better ratings this year. Last night’s season premiere was not just the most-watched program of the 2006-’07 season by nearly 10 million viewers, it also was the second-most-watched edition of “Idol” ever.

It’s the most-watched premiere ever for the show, and it also pulled record ratings among adults 18-49. Last night’s two-hour premiere, which began at 8 p.m., averaged a 15.7 adults 18-49 rating, up 3 percent over last year’s 15.2 fast national rating.

The show peaked with 41.5 million total viewers at 9:30 p.m., its final half hour. It also hit an astonishing 18.0 among 18-49s in that half hour.

Idol is what it is. I often feel alone in the fandom in that I don't share the hatred that others have for the show. I'm not as excited about it as I once was, but I don't see it as an evil in the world. Is it as innocent as it once was? Probably not, but that's true of every televised competition. The contestants on the latest Survivor are far more saavy than they were on the first. Is it sad that some people make fools of themselves in the early auditions? Sure, but after five seasons, they have no excuse not to know what could await them. And why don't they focus on the good people in these rounds? Because it's the bad people that many want to see right now, and it's why these early rounds typically have such high ratings. Is it manipulative? No, but it is edited--just like every.single.other reality show out there. I work in television, and the things people complain about Idol are really not that different than any other program. Every year since the end of Season 2, Clay fans have been predicting the demise on the show, and every year, the ratings have only gotten higher. But I'll get off my soapbox. I learned long ago that it's futile to argue this point.

They want to believe that Clay has been writing songs for a long time, could be true, but if it is, why is there nothing original on his demos? They want to believe that Clay is a rocker, there again, out of his his whole song catalog, how many have been rock songs? See, I believe that Clay can write songs given the right inspiration and encouragement, but I don't need him to do that to be his fan. I believe that Clay can rock out, given the right material and setting, but again I don't need that from him, to stay his fan.

Great post, atinal. I'd like Clay to write more, because having heard Lover All Alone, I think he has great talent and potential. However, I'm more likely to believe that he has written more because he hasn't felt confident enough, than because he hasn't wanted a share of something he wrote to go to 19 (which seems to be the prevailing pod theory). I agree that if he really had been writing, we would have heard at least one song on one of his demos.

Excuse me, but there was never an "album" per se. As late as November Clay talked about all the material they had recorded - 3 to 4 albums worth - and he said they had recorded SOME COVERS. He talked of not knowing what to do with it all, did they want a LOVE SONG THEME for example. It seems pretty clear they did not present a finished album to Clive. I believe they went over the material recorded and, as Clay has said, they realized the songs that seem to resonate with them most were covers.

I think you're right, Claygasm. It always amazes me what people present as fact, when all we really have is speculation. I've never seen any real evidence that Clay had a complete album that was rejected by the label.

:allgood: Just dropping in to say howdy and playbiller, i've been howling at that White Rapper's Show. It's a scream and I actually learned some stuff. Persia is crazy, though.

I think Clay likes to sing shmaltz, New Age, standards, lite rock and soul . I'd love to hear some more of that green-eyed soul.

Though many of you were turned off, you may be in the minority. According to Media Life:

After a record-setting season last year, “American Idol” looks poised to deliver even better ratings this year. Last night’s season premiere was not just the most-watched program of the 2006-’07 season by nearly 10 million viewers, it also was the second-most-watched edition of “Idol” ever.

It’s the most-watched premiere ever for the show, and it also pulled record ratings among adults 18-49. Last night’s two-hour premiere, which began at 8 p.m., averaged a 15.7 adults 18-49 rating, up 3 percent over last year’s 15.2 fast national rating.

The show peaked with 41.5 million total viewers at 9:30 p.m., its final half hour. It also hit an astonishing 18.0 among 18-49s in that half hour.

Idol is what it is. I often feel alone in the fandom in that I don't share the hatred that others have for the show. I'm not as excited about it as I once was, but I don't see it as an evil in the world. Is it as innocent as it once was? Probably not, but that's true of every televised competition. The contestants on the latest Survivor are far more saavy than they were on the first. Is it sad that some people make fools of themselves in the early auditions? Sure, but after five seasons, they have no excuse not to know what could await them. And why don't they focus on the good people in these rounds? Because it's the bad people that many want to see right now, and it's why these early rounds typically have such high ratings. Is it manipulative? No, but it is edited--just like every.single.other reality show out there. I work in television, and the things people complain about Idol are really not that different than any other program. Every year since the end of Season 2, Clay fans have been predicting the demise on the show, and every year, the ratings have only gotten higher. But I'll get off my soapbox. I learned long ago that it's futile to argue this point.

ITA agree with you, JennaZ. One day I am sure Idol will run its course, as most shows do. But it sure doesn't look like that's going to be anytime soon. They must be doing something right!

And the bolded part? That is exactly why I have no sympathy whatsoever for those people. Except for maybe the urban Amish guy who claimed to have never seen Idol (not sure I believe that, but even if its true, he seemed too high to care :lol: ), they have all seen Idol. They all KNOW what they are letting themselves in for. Either they are so deluded that maybe being humiliated on national TV will snap them back to reality or they are doing what they're doing for the purpose of their 15 seconds of fame. Either way, they get no sympathy from me.

If that makes me cold-hearted, so be it.

That said, I do wish they would get through the auditions faster - maybe do 2 cities in one 2 hour show instead of just one. It does get a bit boring after awhile.

I admit I still watch in case I see that diamond in the rough. I did see Clay's audition. He did NOT have me at "Take". I remember thinking just what I am sure Simon and Randy were thinking - dorky looking guy who will probably squeek when he sings. He did amaze me with his voice, but I kind of forgot about him until the top 32. He was barely shown in Hollywood. When he didn't make it during that I was pretty sure he would be asked back for the wild card. I wasn't even especially rooting for him then. But he blew me away with DLTSGDOM. But he still didn't have me. I like Ruben a lot too. Not sure when he "had" me, but I do know it wasn't until he sang BOTW that I started really wanting him to win. I couldn't believe this was the same guy from that audition. I was glad I had watched him from the beginning.

Every year I look for someone else like that. Not that I expect to find another Clay, but just to find another person who shocked me at the audition and then continues to grow and get better and better and better so that at the end I am glad I watched from day one.

Maybe it will never happen again, but you never know. That to me is the lure of AI.

In my travels around the 'net today, I'm seeing a mixture of disgust and plain old boredom expressed about the editing of the AI episode last night - from both entertainment writers and bloggers, and on some message boards. I would expect the premiere episode's ratings to be astronomical, but I have to wonder if viewers will get turned off and tune out if the upcoming audition episodes are so poorly put together. Probably wishful thinking on my part - TPTB seem to think cruelty is the primary attraction for the early season AI shows, and maybe it is for a big chunk of the viewing audience. It just seems to me that bad watercooler buzz could turn around and bite the producers on the butt.

I feel especially upset because I think these speculations will end up hurting Clay in the long run, if they don't hurt him already. I feel totally uncomfortable trashing someone's boss, or his friends, or his "posse," and practically anyone around him. I wouldn't want that to happen to ME if I were in his position, no matter how I felt about my boss.

I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now. I can just imagine the piles of nasty letters and e-mails well-meaning people have sent to RCA, Clive, and Roger. How can this possibly be good for Clay?

Gotta also agree on the frustration that so many people have joined the Pod that we are seemingly in the minority now. I can't find the post now, but yes to whoever said it first [eta: playbiller, and I messed that quoting mess up]--so many people I've liked and admired over the years have now succumbed. I keep thinking of the poem, "If"--"if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...."

ldyjocelyn , you are singing my song, especialy the point aobut his boss and coworkers. I guess I am a Stuart myself. I get your point, pods, I just don't agree!

I have been saying, how many time can you insult some ones business without hurting it.

<snip>

The part that really sucks is that I really like a lot of these pods, but feel I can't talk to them about this or anything anymore.

<snip>

when so many of the boards sound the same. It is not that there are so many people who believe this, it is the postwhoring of the same people over and over and over and over and over - and in the nastiest way. I am so glad that they tried to bring a halt to it at the OFC, but it is still unhospitable place because those same people are there doing the same thing only not being so obvious. They make the boards inhabitable. I used to hide out in other threads, bt now they are posting this same crap in every.single.thread, even when it has nothing to do with him. I am waiting for it to show up in the political thread, sigh.

I know, I know. I must have written and tossed about a million posts lately, which is why I need that biting my tongue emoticon.

Edited by jmh123

Every year since the end of Season 2, Clay fans have been predicting the demise on the show, and every year, the ratings have only gotten higher. But I'll get off my soapbox. I learned long ago that it's futile to argue this point.

Jenna, I didn't mean to say that I thought the show was going to die because I do NOT think that will happen. I actually enjoy the true singing portions later in the season. I WOULD like it if tonight's ratings dropped, though, if only to bolster my own faith in humankind! :lol: The proliferation of all these "reality shows" that seem to emphasize the seedier, less noble aspects of people are, unfortunately, big business these days. Doesn't mean I like 'em, though--either the people who choose to appear on them or the money/power hungry people who make them!

Oh, and can't you just imagine what will happen when/if one of the AI shows' viewership numbers surpasse the Clay/Ruben showdown of 2003? I can hear all the consipiracy theories now---how they manipulated the numbers to make sure Clay wouldn't be a reason for their best ratings..., etc. :rolleyes: Just more proof of how the industry is out to get him. (And needless to say, Clive will be the mastermind behind it all...)

Gawd.

:funny::herewegoagin:

Edited by muskifest

Oopsie - this was supposed to be an edit....

I just googled the Kipling poem to make sure I had the quote right, and it seems more appropo than I realized, and it reminds me a lot of Clay, who seems to almost always keep his head, so I'll quote the whole thing:

[iF]

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you

But make allowance for their doubting too,

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,

If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;

If all men count with you, but none too much,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling

Edited by jmh123

which is why I need that biting my tongue emoticon.

Hey, jmh123, could this little green guy be biting his tongue? :herewegoagin:

Cute!! I think he's actually trying not to puke, but same difference - heh. It'll definitely do!!

:herewegoagin:

Oh, and can't you just imagine what will happen when/if one of the AI shows' viewership numbers surpasse the Clay/Ruben showdown of 2003? I can hear all the consipiracy theories now---how they manipulated the numbers to make sure Clay wouldn't be a reason for their best ratings..., etc. :rolleyes: Just more proof of how the industry is out to get him. (And needless to say, Clive will be the mastermind behind it all...)

Gawd.

:funny::herewegoagin:

That is so funny - and unfortunately I am sure some will spin it that way! :rainbowsmile:

Did you all know that RCA PAID for all those bad reviews of ATDW??? :whatacrock: