#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Muski, you might not want to click on too many links from Askmen.com, because some of their later stuff is pretty crappy toward Clay and his fans.

Well, they can just...

:biteme:

Ch.16 is up...but don't get too excited. You won't need a fan or any towels for this one. :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by muskifest

Soooo.....think Clay is snuggling in his LoveSac beanbag, while wearing jammie pants and a hoodie and watching the Golden Globes with a bunch of buddies?

Oh, to be a fly on the wall--to watch him in that room...and hear all the snarky barbs he'd be making while watching the LA people and their rotting insides! :drama::fooling::cryingwlaughter: :glasses: :ruserious::whatever::biteme::believe::herewegoagin::excuseme:

I was torned watching Golden globes and reading the Clyra...

MUSKI!!!!! PUHLEEEZE...make your next chapter announcmeent BIGGER!!!!!

and DO NOT edit it in cos I miss it. This is the second time I missed a chapter!!!! the horror!!!!!

its ok to post ho...

I really think the Golden Globes is probably the most interesting and star packed show since it has both TV and movies...its great to people watch...

YAY and congrats to Jennifer Hudson...I think it will definitely be a sweep for her.

Carrie Underwood: 3.1 million

Kelly Clarkson: 1.4 million

Chris Daughtry: 1.1 million

Clay Aiken: 703,000

Taylor Hicks: 534,000

Season 5 Encores: 412,000

Fantasia: 288,000

Bo Bice: 228,000

Ruben Studdard: 207,000

Josh Gracin: 54,000

That came from MSNBC

And from Forbes..this tidbit about Clay...

</h4>

<h4>Clay Aiken

Season: 2

Finished: 2nd

Total Album Sales: 4.6 million (Nielsen SoundScan)

Stats: Grossed an estimated $28 million as a tour headliner, according to Pollstar. His 2004 bestseller,
Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life
, sold over 92,000 hardcover copies. His 2004 Christmas album,
Merry Christmas with Love,
was the fastest-selling holiday album SoundsScan has ever tracked.

I love that Merry Xmas with love continues to sell each year.And that tour gross is wow. I think he has socked away quite a bit (merchandise sales..that's not included in tour gross right?). One thing I know about rich folks and celebrities ..they don't buy shit. So much is just given to them. Anyway, these two little bits made me happy today.

Thanks YSRN. That's not it, though. I did find it - finally. It is Radio Locator. Anyone know what kind of format Adult Hits is??? The station I listen to in the car, which says it has no format, is listed under Adult Hits.

I think that's the stations that get called "Hot Adult Contemporary" anymore. I'm hoping that Clay will show up on that format, but I don't think it's likely with ATD. I can hope, though...

Just showed my 11 year old the download of Clay on Tyra's show. She'd never seen it...she laughed a lot!

That is one piece of clack I cannot stop watching. I downloaded it to the laptop, it's still on my DVR (and it will take a LONG time for that to be deleted), and I have it on my desktop computer besides. He was just so adorable that day, and watching him flirt up a storm with Tyra was incredible. And besides....it has inspired a great little story....thanks muski....

Soooo.....think Clay is snuggling in his LoveSac beanbag, while wearing jammie pants and a hoodie and watching the Golden Globes with a bunch of buddies?

Oh, to be a fly on the wall--to watch him in that room...and hear all the snarky barbs he'd be making while watching the LA people and their rotting insides! :drama::fooling::cryingwlaughter: :glasses: :ruserious::whatever::biteme::believe::herewegoagin::excuseme:

Hey! Did we lose the limit on the number of emoticons? Because I think someone got a bit happy here....but I loved the sentiment. I can see Clay having a blast watching this show....

I love that Merry Xmas with love continues to sell each year.And that tour gross is wow. I think he has socked away quite a bit (merchandise sales..that's not included in tour gross right?). One thing I know about rich folks and celebrities ..they don't buy shit. So much is just given to them. Anyway, these two little bits made me happy today.

Yeah, I really like that he's got a consistent seller with the Christmas album, and that he can sell that every year and put some money in his pocket. Also, I get the feeling that Clay's a "put away his money, or invest it pretty well" kind of guy, so I think he's not hurting. Good for him.

OMG I followed some of the links on the forbes.com idol article and it had a link to one on Constantine. While he was always a little skeevy to me, you know..to each their own. But after reading this, I just find him really pathetic.

I need to make Muski a nice big emoticom that says..next chapter is up. heee.

So was I the only one that worked today.

And in the things kids say department -- my nephew said MLK was a man who came over on a big boat and discovered America. Needless to say, my sister scheduled part of Saturday at the local library.

You guys are a scream...and ldyjocelyn I actually had to delete one emoticon before I could post that one! :badpc:

And YEAY! to Clay's Midas Touch! I want him to become as rich as Oprah! 'Coss I know he'll have deserved it AND will do good things with it. (If he would just answer one of my letters asking for a million, that is. :believeitornot: )..

And play Thing is...not every chapter of my story is worthy of all those HOT! emoticons...This last one, for example...I mean...even those two can't just spend all their time in bed :hubbahubba:

could they? :affection:

Yuck.

Just saw on TV Guide channel that soon Justin Guarini will be joining Kim Caldwell and Kristen Holt on the TV Guide channel as a co-host of Idol Chat...

oy. :rolleyes:

Hee...I like that one, too. I also like the "Hey You" one and the rabbit pointing all around the clock saying "Hurry"

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was just over at CV reading the Clyra. My god you guys did not warn me enough....that is some smokin' stuff! Really good muski. I'm hooked now.

Thanks ldyjocelyn for the avatar advice. I think it worked.

Tonight I was also over at the OFC. It was the stangest feeling to know Clay was online reading the same stuff I was! All sort of tingly inside (if you know what I mean) :blush:

MUSKI!!!!! PUHLEEEZE...make your next chapter announcmeent BIGGER!!!!!

and DO NOT edit it in cos I miss it. This is the second time I missed a chapter!!!! the horror!!!!!

Snicker....is this really Miss I don't read fan fiction.

So Clay is playing around on his site tonight. I wonder if reading OFC for him is like an out of body experience. It must be so weird.

:Morning:

So Clay is playing around on his site tonight. I wonder if reading OFC for him is like an out of body experience. It must be so weird.

ITA couchie. It's just got to be rather strange for him to read posts ABOUT him. I would hope that in 3 years though, that he's learned to pick out the good stuff and forget the rest...or else give the speculation people a smackdown in his own blog.

I don't spend time over at the OFC -- I think I've got 2 posts there total. Is the place a bit saner since the previous incarnation of the message board? I had heard at one point that it had gotten much better, but that was a few months ago. Just curious.

merrieeee, glad I could help....

Ansa's hooked! Hee. When you've got the seductive forces of Clay Aiken (and muskifest doing the writing0, it isn't that hard really....heh.

In the meantime....I think I could stare at this one all day, from Karen Eh....

122180096-L.jpg

Clay on the net - meshed with Clay taking piano lessons

computers12.gif

I think Clay has accepted the "I love you Clay" things as part of the job, but I am sure there area few posts that crack him up and others that skeeve him out and others that warm the ****les of his heart.

I do try and read the posts on the OFC, but I think I am turning into an old grouchy goldilocks looking on the OFC for the thread that is 'just right' for me. Not to sweet, not too cynical.

Sooooo..... I was over reading the fan club thread and saw where not everyone got their fan stuff yet (MEEEEEE!!!!) and someone put in a ticket to CLique and received a reply that they did not expect so many people to sign upand ran out of stuff. Eh, I have to put in a ticket, but really, how long does a reorder take? It has been over 4 months and there are 2000 less registrees then there were before. Does this mean that they don't expect the fan club to grow? I am really struggling with what this means to have not expected so many registrees.

Now, my understanding is that the fan club is Clay's entity, having nothing to do with any other enterprise - not the label, not 19, but is run through his management company.Is this wrong.

Mind you this is not angst, I only want my stuff to put in one of those plastic bags and suck all the air out for preservation. My clack collection has a hole in it. Otherwise, I don't really care abotu the stuff. But I find this statement very curious.

The I Spy project has proved very interesting and informative to me. I do believe that, despite selling better, John Mayer is a pretty much dull boy. All the gossip stuff about him is really connected to Jessica, there don't seem to be that many fans blogging for him and when mentioned with the McWorld appearance, it was about MacStuff, and not him (as I am sure the MacPR person would want it to be). Makes you wonder, almost, if Clay may be too well known to be a useful advertising icon - perhaps his being interesting overshadows products.

This is probably going to come across weird, but in a strange way, Clay and Clay's fandom reminds me of that old Lone Ranger joke; you know, where the Lone Ranger and Tonto find themselves surrounded by hostile natives and the Lone Ranger comments to Tonto, "Well, old friend, it looks like we aren't gonna make it..." and Tonto replies, "Whaddaya mean, 'we', white man?"

I keep seeing remarks like when are we going to get good P.R., when will see SAM do anything, why did we have such a terrible year...and I so badly want to say...chicks, this ain't about you. The man grossed $28 million touring as a headliner. He clearly is not worried about the Pod People being happy as he is make ME happy by becoming filthy rich.

See what reasonable goals can do for you?

Play I think you make good points about the endorsement deals. I think the window for him to be a viable spokeperson for products has passed...BUT that does not mean he cannot be viable again. For example...if he does end up doing regular TV then his humor may be seen as a good draw for certain products. Or when he does get his next big hit...Right now, although there is still a lot of buzz about him...its all about controversies so that will be what will overshadow the product IMO.

Yes...the I spy project it very enlightening. There is really very little substantial blogging going on with Kat or Josh.

I was checking out on the thread asking Clay questions...I really was surprised at how personal some questions were. Also a lot about his religion. I really just want to know how he is doing...what we can expect next...and if he watched golden globes...did he jumped up a cheer for Jennifer???

Woohoo! for the Jennifer Hudson! And Eddie Murphy and Miss America Ferreira who I think is beeyooteefull Betty! All my faves last night.

Clay had Jennifer picked from the start , remember?

Hey , does anyone here get the sundance channel and watch "Iconoclasts"? Two very interesting famous people get together and chat about life.

Last night was the best one ever with Dave Chappelle and Maya Angelou. It was a marvelous conversation and I sure hope they repeat it. Please watch. So much of what Dave says about fame really resonates with Clay stuff. And Maya is just an eternal inspiration to me. She had Dave in tears several times. She is the coolest.

perhaps his being interesting overshadows products.

I could think of a few products he could sell.... B)

:hahaha:

I guess I've never thought of Clay as the type to want to shill products. He doesn't seem very materialistic to me, and pushing a particular product, IMO, would feed into the materialism. I actually think he's much happier doing UNICEF spots, and other ads for children's causes.

I've seen a few of the questions asked in that thread now too...and they actually kinda frighten me. If the religion questions could be asked less "devoutly," I'd probably be OK with them...but they seem worded as if he's got to answer a specific way. Besides, didn't he answer a bunch of religion questions in LTS? Well, he did for me, anyway.

I think one of my questions would be about his originally wanting to be on The Amazing Race. From what we know of Clay now, with his phobia of water, it seems out of the question that he'd even attempt to be on that show, so there's got to be something there. The other two questions? Man, I have no idea. I suppose to me it's a waste to even think of these kinds of things, because I'll never get to talk to him.

playbiller, sorry to hear about your fanclub troubles.

Divayenta, that sounds like an interesting show, but I don't think we get that channel. 153 channels, and that's one we DON'T get. Heh.

The Golden Globes were pretty cool last night. But then, I usually only watch for the clothes. :hubbahubba:

OOOH. Maya Angelou! :F_05BL17blowkiss: She has been a visiting professor at my Alma Mater more than once (Wake FOrest University)...she IS inspirational. And I need to read/learn more about Dave Chappell...I keep hearing how much of what he shares about his career/life could be seen in a context with Clay.

And ldyjocelyn, I agree about finding it hard to imagine Clay touting the wonders of a new detergent or car or whatnot...But maybe he could combine his love of young people and important social issues---

condoms? :medium-smiley-070: (To be opened only after the wedding ceremony, of course. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by muskifest

Oh dear, an unfortunate turn of this discussion.

I never menat to imply that Clay should not sell things or that he would not sell things. I just menat that there is a level of celebrity that might be a bit much in selling. Obviously thereis not problem selling cameras in Korea. Heck, I think cameras would be a great thing for him to sell in the US - espcially concert cameras that have no flashes. photo.gif

I could also see him selling a car, especially one that alows you to drive from city to city with a horde of friends - with a navigator, of course and built in fridge for sweet tea.

Then there is air travel, I understand they are suffering, he can also arrange for his concerts to be held in areas serviced by a specific airline.

He could also sell external hard drives. No smutting!

Oops - Britney's people asked if she could appear in an NFL ad and they said no, she was too much of a train wreck and they already had Paris Hilton. No that is a serious liability for an ad.

As to being on the Amazing Rase - my knees are shot, I am terrified of heights (bungee jumping in every single series), and I want to go. I figure whent he time comes, I will just jump and trust, maybe with my eyes closed.

Edited by playbiller