#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

So.... They were shopping for a soap - I am not quite sure I understand what is behind that, but it was a nice appeaarance, if only for us and the daysmates.

Seems like he had a bit of time to talk to Buble if this is one morething that came up.

Seems like he had a bit of time to talk to Buble if this is one morething that came up.

Let's see: Clay went to a Buble concert when he was in Sweden, and they talked then. Clay and Michael were both at the David Foster thing, and Quiana has a picture of herself with Buble on her myspace. Yeah, I think they seem to run in the same Fosterized circles at times, FWIW.

I thought Buble has been mentioning Clay in some articles or interviews too. I also remember reading a report from Ethel when she saw Buble that she talked to him about Clay...and I got the impression he considers Clay a friend too. I wonder if Clay has met Josh...

I actually like the suggestion someone made of a show with the three of them, Clay, Micheal and Josh. Like a PBS special...their styles are so different but they still seem to have lots in common...good voices for one thing.

Totally love the DOOL interview. I think ths is part of using TV to market songs. Its possible they were going around to different shows...both primtetime and daytime and DOOL was one that was really interested.

Hmmm...I guess right now for the POD people every negative mention is just a sign that Clay is about to seperate for RCA...sigh. You mean more than what we got before??? So even though a particualr reviewer was giving other idols a negative write up...its Clay's review that is pushed by RCA cos they now hate him since he will be leaving...hmmkay!!!...Well now they can actually cheer when Clay gets negative press..:glare:

Strummer ...BWAHVO...lots of funnies around here ladies...I'm just a bit too frozen to really think too much right now..we have another couple of inches of the white stuff...

I actually like the suggestion someone made of a show with the three of them, Clay, Micheal and Josh. Like a PBS special...their styles are so different but they still seem to have lots in common...good voices for one thing.

As a PBS special maybe, but Clay is NOTHING like those two in style and I am afraid people will just lump them together if they appear together. But then again, if it got Clay on my TV looking hot, I would take it! I could always mute the Josh/Buble parts. :lol:

Hmmm...I guess right now for the POD people every negative mention is just a sign that Clay is about to seperate for RCA...sigh. You mean more than what we got before??? So even though a particualr reviewer was giving other idols a negative write up...its Clay's review that is pushed by RCA cos they now hate him since he will be leaving...hmmkay!!!...Well now they can actually cheer when Clay gets negative press..:glare:

OMG Ansa, I was just about to post the same thing! I am sure you are referring to this awful "review" of ATD in Billboard:

A Thousand Days

CLAY AIKEN

Label: RCA

It's "Idol" release week, eh? The previous single from Clay Aiken's "A Thousand Different Ways," an inexplicable cover of Mariah Carey/Harry Nilsson's "Without You," barely connected at AC radio. Follow-up "A Thousand Days" is an original song that delivers upon the potent interpreter's signature: hand-flinging vocals, a soaring melody and a simple, singable chorus. Aiken's challenge at this point is more a public relations issue. As press reports continue to spread repeated tales of his lack of humility and haughty, diva-like disposition, how much longer before fans retreat and any semblance of radio support fades like a Christmas wreath? —Chuck Taylor

(Please note I put the word "review" in quotes because I don't think this actually qualifies...)

I am sorry. Its a rotten "review" and this guy Chuck Taylor sure doesn't like Clay, but....HOW DO YOU READ THAT AND ASSUME ITS A SIGN CLAY IS LEAVING RCA??????????????????? :blink: You know what they say about assuming.....

Where are our new emotions?????

What a warm welcome. Thanks guys! :)

and we still have our Christmas lights up and boxes of ornaments and whatnot all over the place... :unsure:
Hee! I think I love you...I still haven't taken my tree down and I was just sure I was the only one not tidied up from Christmas.

I agree with Clay about AI losing it's innocent appeal. If we have another season with a bunch of professionals like last year...eh...I'll probably lose interest. Especially the way they handled (Chris) Daughtry...it makes the whole show a little less meaningful if record execs are just going to come in and pick out the most commercial contestants (no offense to Daughtry fans). Whatever happened to viewers finding that little diamond in the rough and propelling them to stardom through the sheer power of our votes? (Yeah, I'm lame AND corny...what of it?)

Ya think Clay is turning into a Daysmate during his "down time?" :P

I agree with Clay about AI losing it's innocent appeal. If we have another season with a bunch of professionals like last year...eh...I'll probably lose interest. Especially the way they handled (Chris) Daughtry...it makes the whole show a little less meaningful if record execs are just going to come in and pick out the most commercial contestants (no offense to Daughtry fans). Whatever happened to viewers finding that little diamond in the rough and propelling them to stardom through the sheer power of our votes? (Yeah, I'm lame AND corny...what of it?)

First I want to say hi to you, NCDonna! We've never met, but I have seen your name around. Glad to see you here in our happy little corner of the Clay world! :)

I totally agree with you about AI losing its innocence. I was just talking about that with a co-worker this week. It was most blatent last season when the likes of Chris Daughtry and Taylor Hicks, who otherwise wouldn't be caught dead associating with Idol in any way, shape or form, used it for exposure so they could make it big. They seemed to have an attitude the whole show, like they were so far superior to everyone else. Their remarks since show they still feel somehow above Idol and all the other "imposters" who have passed through its gates.

Clay or no Clay, there was something special about Clay's year. There was still that innocence. They seemed like a bunch of kids just having a good time, just grateful for the chance. It showed in their rapport with each other, with the audience, with the judges. There was a little less of it the next year, a little less the year after and it was all but gone last year. Too bad because that to me was the real charm of the show.

I'll watch again in hopes maybe it will be recaptured but I have a feeling its something we'll never see again. I bet even Simon misses it. ;)

As a PBS special maybe, but Clay is NOTHING like those two in style and I am afraid people will just lump them together if they appear together. But then again, if it got Clay on my TV looking hot, I would take it! I could always mute the Josh/Buble parts. :lol:

But see, even Michael and Josh are NOTHING alike, IMO. I like Michael (not enough to see him live, but enough to buy his CD, and thought his TV special on PBS was great), and tolerate Josh (I actually think he's funny, but his music does nothing for me). I tend to agree with Ansa -- I think it would be fun to see the three of them together -- all three kinda good loooking (Clay the best of the bunch *g*), with good voices, and from what I've seen of them, snarky senses of humor. Could be fun.

I am sorry. Its a rotten "review" and this guy Chuck Taylor sure doesn't like Clay, but....HOW DO YOU READ THAT AND ASSUME ITS A SIGN CLAY IS LEAVING RCA??????????????????? :blink: You know what they say about assuming.....

That sound you hear? Marbles from out of their heads, falling on the floor. That's crazy talk, with what's being said. It pisses me off that people think talk like that doesn't hurt Clay in some way.

<snip>

Clay or no Clay, there was something special about Clay's year. There was still that innocence. They seemed like a bunch of kids just having a good time, just grateful for the chance. It showed in their rapport with each other, with the audience, with the judges. There was a little less of it the next year, a little less the year after and it was all but gone last year. Too bad because that to me was the real charm of the show.

Amen to both you ladies. During Clay's season, the AI machinations were still pretty new, and it created some magical television, as well as some magical talent. By last season, the machine was well oiled...and therefore lost appeal, at least to me. They will never recreate that season, nor do I hope they try again.

Ah, Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie. Whateva, dude. I put a hell of a lot more weight on the opinions of the promoters, venue staff, musicians and conductors who had glowing things to say about Clay's professionalism and general friendly demeanor during the Christmas tour than I do in the rantings of a bitter blogger.

Ah, Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie. Whateva, dude. I put a hell of a lot more weight on the opinions of the promoters, venue staff, musicians and conductors who had glowing things to say about Clay's professionalism and general friendly demeanor during the Christmas tour than I do in the rantings of a bitter blogger.

Absolutely.

I still wonder why Clay's name is used so frequently to attract viewers or readers? If, according to the tabloids and tabloidets (i.e. Chuck), he is evil personified, why do people want to hear about him? He obviously has something about him that makes him so very interesting to more than his fans.

Maybe I'm a pod person because I really think there is someone out there who has it in for Clay. Definitely not RCA, although they haven't really been too proactive for him. I have always blamed the owner of FOX news, The VIllage Voice, the NY Post and many other media outlets for promoting the negative. I have no idea why but there always seems to be that connection. That and the sorry state of many of our news reporters who don't do their research. I'm at the point where I would rather read our local newspaper than the media giants. :wacko:

Clay looked adorable in those PSA's. Hope someone manages to get them in wmv format soon.

Heh, I lost my real media player when my computer crashed. Hadn't put it back in because so far everything played on the windows media player. Well until the PSA heee. I was up late downloading that puppy so I could watch the PSA.s They are quite compelling and I'm glad Clay is a part of it.

I hope Clay is on the autism eidition of The View because it will allow people to see him in a different way. He is quite knowledgable on this subject and perhaps more people will hear about what he's been up to. .

Wow the SOD interview is really fun and cool. And I'm sure more people will read that than the Billboard review. Clive is paying off the wrong damn people. HA.

I think shopping for a soap just means they are thinking outside the box and trying to find ways to get Clay's music heard. Television appearances are one way..and if it results in them using the song more, then that's even better. I was a soap watcher for many a year (let's just say more years than number of Clay concerts I've attended) and super couple theme songs are huge. I can still remember a fair number of them with my favorite bing Baby Come to Me by Patty Austin/James Ingram for Luke and Holly. And I have a shitload of latin music from my One Life to Live Antonio Vega infatuation period.

Oh Fear, there are people who have it in for Clay..well Clay is a target and they have media connections. They are bloggers who have easy access to the real Page Six which many think of as legit gossip mongers. I definitely noticed a symbiotic relationship going on there. So the page 6 gets picked up by radio stations/entertainment shows and it's a vicious cycle. He'll one of the slimebaggers can be seen on Good Morning America now. It's ridiculous. But I just don't believe in a legit news media any more when Newsweek, CNN, and apparantly all go to the tabloids to make their cases. That's just the way it is and this new lazy journalism hurts Clay.

People are after Clay - but why?

Well there is the basis of journalism - dog bites man - no story Many bites dog - story.

For example - saying that Ferderline or Kid Rock is a rude ass hole - not news, Take a fine person with manners like Clay - story

But then we have to add the cherry on top of the sundae - fans that feel they need to fight for Clay. Positive mention, maybe on hit, most just read the article ont he boards. Negative article - hundreds run to the site daily to give it multiple hits Hits = money. Bloggers and webmasters are not stupid, they know how to make money, thgat and a useless poll including Clay - the more negative, the morethe fans will vote.

In my loneliness, every day I google and lycos Clay - if the teaser looks positive, I give the site a hit. If it is really positive and I can leave a comment, I do. If the post looks negative, I don't go there. If it is MSNBC, no hits for them! (Tm soup guy). I don't think many do the same, but I wish we could try these things as a group and see what works best, I think my theory is correct.

taunt012.gif

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Let's put it this way - I have been training my dog for a long time. the things that work are consistancy and rewards for good behavior. Rewards for bad behavior do not help.

Edited by playbiller

Howdy people. Welcome to all the "newbies" on the board. I am bringing out the southern welcome wagon. No cakes, just a WECOME.

Lord Ansa, does that white stuff ever let up. What sometime in May??? LOL. I glad we have had good weather down here this year. Mostly 60's and 70's. A couple of days of 50's but I don't think we got below that during the day. The lowest it has gotten around here was in the mid 20's and believe me, that is bitter cold to us thin blooded southeners.

Don't be a hater. LOL You know I love ya girl. I would send you some warm weather if I could.

g

A little of this :bounce: :00000441: some of this :trink4::roundel: some of this :704: :party045: and you get this :schwirr:

Maybe I'm a pod person because I really think there is someone out there who has it in for Clay. Definitely not RCA, although they haven't really been too proactive for him. I have always blamed the owner of FOX news, The VIllage Voice, the NY Post and many other media outlets for promoting the negative. I have no idea why but there always seems to be that connection. That and the sorry state of many of our news reporters who don't do their research. I'm at the point where I would rather read our local newspaper than the media giants. wacko.gif

Oh I understand where you are coming from...For someone who just wants to do good and who is such a decent guy...Clay does seem to get a disproportionatelyhigh number of "negative" press. I think it is very tempting to believe that we are simply up against a single entity that is out to get Clay, that seems less formidable and easier to understand. It simplifies the situation to a hero and a villain. Personally I don't think its that simple. I think this society just have a low tolerance for people who are different and goes against stereotypes. The problem too is...Clay just does not go against sterotypes...he defies the status quo. I think people can accept a dorky guy that is talented but they must also act awkward and clueless. Clay has always waved the flag of his dorkiness...but he never acted apologetic about it. He was proud and never acted like he should get anything less from the world. His DIVA actions...wouldn't create such a stir if he was perceived to be a cool guy like JT...cos that is expected of them. But from Clay...it becomes such a story cos he shouldn't be assertive and strong. I alway thought Clay would have a harder road because he chooses to be himself and not compromise to fit in.

Oh I understand where you are coming from...For someone who just wants to do good and who is such a decent guy...Clay does seem to get a disproportionatelyhigh number of "negative" press

Does he really get an unusually high number of negative articles or are "we" just hypersensitive to anything about Clay that is maybe perceived as negative?

It's not like he's Michael Jackson or something....

Well, there was that whole zombie horde thing....

zombies.jpg

and working with the undead and whatnot...

davis_clive.jpg

‘Cause This Is Thriller, Thriller Night

And No One’s Gonna Save You From The Beast About Strike

You Know It’s Thriller, Thriller Night

You’re Fighting For Your Life Inside A Killer, Thriller Tonight

And since I'm in the Halloween section of my photobucket:

candycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gif

His DIVA actions...wouldn't create such a stir if he was perceived to be a cool guy like JT...cos that is expected of them. But from Clay...it becomes such a story cos he shouldn't be assertive and strong.

Ansa When I read this part I thought of the whole man/woman dichotomy. If a man is strong and agressive in the business, in politics, even in the home environment, he is seen as determined, principled, assertive, responsible. If a woman is strong and agressive in those arenas, she's called a bitch, a dyke, a ball-buster, etc.

It makes me wonder what kind of press would ensue if someone like Snoop Dog started doing some benevolent stuff like--oh, planting trees with kids with disabilities, say... B) Would that make the news? It didn't when Clay did it. (except OUR news world on the internet)..

Oh I understand where you are coming from...For someone who just wants to do good and who is such a decent guy...Clay does seem to get a disproportionatelyhigh number of "negative" press

Does he really get an unusually high number of negative articles or are "we" just hypersensitive to anything about Clay that is maybe perceived as negative?

I do believe in the hypersensitivity too. But then when you consider that he really hasn't done anything that was really horrible...its kinda funny that he still gets a lot of attention. I know the greensboro mention didn't really amount to much press...but why would it even get a mention at all. Its not like Clay was the one who personally rejected the guy and shouted at him or treated him bad...This should never have been an issue cos this is a simple matter of professionalism. As a professional that has a paying audience, he cannot just be charitable to everyone that wants to sing cos that is not what his audience paid for. But FOX news made a story of it...cos he truly seem to be the controvesy king...

Let's put it this way - I have been training my dog for a long time. the things that work are consistancy and rewards for good behavior. Rewards for bad behavior do not help.

Abso-fuckin-lutely! Now, I have to admit there are times when I've got to see what a particular Google alert says, or how they frame it. But for the most part, I can tell which ones I need to give hits, which ones don't. I don't feel the need to read every single thing with the words "Clay Aiken" in them, and I think that would help a lot if people got over that addiction.

Isn't this kind of the reason why we're doing the Google project, with other celebrities? Just in a week, I would say that others get the negative press too, but since it's Clay with so much of this, and how much we love him....the hypersensitivity kicks in. I think to me what's interesting about Clay is the ease that some of us quickly discard the junk (for example: Chuck who?), but that others can't seem to let it go. Good God, I think some are still up.set about Clay coming in second on AI, and they've still never gotten over that. Why is it easier for some to let it go, and others have to hold on to it? I think that's a serious question....

You might not see me much this weekend....hubby's birthday weekend.

I don't think Clay is the only one who gets bashed, but he is the only one I'm interested in following who gets the hits. For instance Oprah had great publicity initially for building that school in Africa, now the "journalists" are turning it into why didn't she build one in the US. Snoop Dog funded a football team or league and is now being sued. So I guess no one can do anything for the good.

I sure would like to blame it on that media mogel who I can't stand and will not mention his name. He does own all those "newspapers" and "TV stations" that I mentioned previously. In my eyes he is all that is wrong with our society. I thought the government used to break up monopolies.

Thankfully for all of you I'll soon be bogged down in tax returns and only think about how on earth to get them done. :lol:

By the way I added MDYK to the audio and video reviews.

ETA: I signed up for Google alerts for Tom Cruise and haven't gotten one in three days. Maybe they are giving him a break?

Edited by FearofH2O