#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

OOOH! House! I LOVE House and Hugh Laurie! Can't wait...

a PostScript to the above crapola...got a reply to my PM that replied to her PM....she said things that almost had me really losing it because she got close to naming names with accusations. Th ironic thing is that she'd started her original PM to me with

I tried to PM you at RHT but it wouldn't let me.

:blink: well, duh. That's because I'd blocked her PMs there. Ah, yes....our history is a long, rich and...er...eventful one. :lol:

So, I did the same at CV...better late than never, huh? I'm practicing what I preached now---not gonna go looking for negativity and whatnot...

Hold me, FCA! :unsure::wub:

Now---going to walk the dog before House starts. Play...your cute 'dog-taking-person-for-a-walk emoticon won't work for me---my dog is pretty danged docile on the leash! :lol:

Oh well, WE get it. And we're Clay's favorites. He told us so!! :D

Oh god, we're delusional too heee.

Oh, I don't know, Jenna....I think I'd like to have Clay issue me a Come and Debacle order... B)

Someone is just as quotable as Churchhill. LOL.

Play: People have NERVE!! Hope you kept your precious clack...save it for someone more deserving. HEEEE

T

hi.gifmerrieeee

ditto

I had a run in with this particular poster once - all over the Raleigh pin I was selling to raise money for the animal victims of Katrina! I thought she was wacked then. Now I think she's down right scary!

I have to question why she is even in this fandom - unless its to cause trouble. :glare:

House is a GREAT show - and Hugh Laurie is HOT!!

And so is this guy.........

118822579-L-1.jpg

ETA: Is the Clay Nation slipping? Has no one capped the CNN UNICEF PSA yet??

Edited by Claygasm

I knew it wouldn;t be a total drought...another little clack hit...

NEW CLACK !!!!!

I was watching the local Jacksonville channel this evening and I saw a commercial for the Jacksonville Children's Chorus that Clay taped while he was here in concert.

In a panic I tried to record it but failed miserably. I will try to capture it again tomorrow night so we can have a large version of it.

In the mean time....take a look at it here at their site....

their website

Here is a mini smiley site with a smiley generator http://www.iemoticons.com/

Here is a larger site with emoticons http://www.smileyarena.com/

Hmm - Jon Stewart is on and is discussing the fact that society ignores truth and now they are discussing how long a society that ignores truth can survive. I think it is just not black and white enough to accept truth, thruth is all kinds of shades of grey and truth is that you may never know.

I just want to keep the little cache of emoticons a little longer, I am having too much fun putting them out slowly. It is not that I don't want to share, well, it is that I don't want to share. I rarely have much to bring to the table, this is just a little treat I found.

What kind of dog do you have, Muskie? I bet I can find an emoticon for it.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE some more clack....From CH:

From CB posted by Rainlover:

Two more videos on DOOL site - we really need the first one!

Hope someone can rip the first video and put it up for download. It is of Clay singing "Everything I Have" and, unlike on the show, the camera remains on him the ENTIRE time!

We've seen the interview clip before but I'm pretty sure the video of "Everything I Have" is new.....particularly since it's all Clay!

DOOL Videos

so take note...the first video is the raw footage of Clay singing...so no cutaway to other DOOL characters

I just wanted to say hi as I am inundated with life right now. It's out of control.

Ansa I am working on the song and hopefully will get done this week.

I did want to agree with this:

can see why this blog will be disturbing and even "unsettling" for a lot of fans. The clearer he is and more assertive he is about his true persona...the harder it is for some fans to impose their own image on him. I also think that some fans...one fan in particular...don;t like it when Clay acts all smart and profound becaue they cannot feel superior to him. They would rather look for soemthing to complain about like his hair and would rather he talk about his dog than be all uppity trying to teach us things about ourselves through quotes.

I loved Clay's blog. He is so very special and unique. Not necessarily a quality found in a pop star, but found in a man who is in control of his life. I think he is ready to sit back and enjoy life for the ridiculous but enjoyable ride it is. And what a life he has had so far.

For that fan, who we all know, how about getting a job or better yet volunteering to do good in your community. A much better use of time than complaining is.

To Playbiller, if I remember correctly, I think I put 127 ornaments on your tree. I hope you can now feel free to dispose of the tree. Just kidding. *g* :D

Welcome merrieee. I really enjoyed meeting you in West Point and Red Bank.

Play, I actually posted a picture of Shadow some time ago when we lost him for a couple of days and someone posted a "FOUND!" picture of him I scanned. Didn't I post it here? I know I did on EAYOR. :unsure:

The video of Clay from the DOOL site is soooooo small and such an adjective just.will.not.do for anything ClayAiken. I'll wait until someone of savvy techno skill posts a download...heh. ;)

I just want to keep the little cache of emoticons a little longer, I am having too much fun putting them out slowly. It is not that I don't want to share, well, it is that I don't want to share. I rarely have much to bring to the table, this is just a little treat I found.

What kind of dog do you have, Muskie? I bet I can find an emoticon for it.

I'm enjoying you putting them out slowly. Keep you stash Play. I remember when I added some before ..I found several sites with tons of them. I'll add some new ones in every so often.

Oh, did you find the pic of Shadow? I can't find mine in my photo albumn anywhere? Thanks for trying....

and stop that "I rarely have much to bring to the table" doo doo, willya? :glare: ^_^

ETA: actually, Shadow's like a black labrador except his body is trim and not a barrel shape like a pure lab...and he has white accents...but he LOOKs like a black lab, right CG? :blink:

Edited by muskifest

Sorry, it was a poor picture taken at an angle, I thought he might have pit in him. I am used to monochromatic labs.

Sorry, can't find decent links. I thought the pissing one might be ok for walking because that is what dogs do.

I thought the picture looked a lot like the brown dog.

How about this one

blacklab.gif

Edited by playbiller

The DOOL stuff is cool. Two things: 1) the ARLG was working! He changed a lyric in the bridge....from "when life seems unclear" to "the laughter, the tears." Wonder if this is a permanent change. I suppose we'll find out when he goes on tour. *g* 2) At the end, when Patch and Kayla start smooching, he looks like he wants to say "get a room, people." Hee.

Off to see if anyone got the PSA last night....which they didn't. But they did get the Jacksonville Youth Chorus one. YAY!

Oh, did you find the pic of Shadow? I can't find mine in my photo albumn anywhere? Thanks for trying....

and stop that "I rarely have much to bring to the table" doo doo, willya? :glare: ^_^

ETA: actually, Shadow's like a black labrador except his body is trim and not a barrel shape like a pure lab...and he has white accents...but he LOOKs like a black lab, right CG? :blink:

Definitely looks like a black lab - or at least primarily a black lab. Whatever he is, he's adorable and sweet.

I love me some Shadow! :)

I'm feeling very strange today - not physically, mentally. Sort of like a feeling of impending doom - which is pretty much life right now. But I think today its just because I have been thinking too much - and that's never a good thing! :lol:

I think I need something to cheer me up.

Hmmm?? Maybe this will do! B)

GrandRapidsBW.jpg

Where is everybody? Are y'all still in awe of his blog yesterday? Or did that picture from Claygasm kill everyone?

Yes, I'm bored. And I'm trying to think of a good topic to talk about related to Clay Aiken.

Anyone else?

How about " why I no longer vote in MSNBC polls"

I no longer vote in those polls because I am sure that they lied about the number of votes in one poll and even if Clay wins a poll, they will find a way to turn it into a nasty rant. He can not win, so I never, ever give them hits for anything, although I did go to the site to get their e-mail to tellthem why I would no longer be comingto thier site. It acutally had to do with a lot of things, but Clay was in there.

I went so far as to switch my mail server from MSN to Yahoo.

Although the answer to your question, ldyjocelyn, is that I'm at work squeezing every possible concession out of a hotel in Miami for our summer conference there :P , I have to admit to being absolutely squirmy over that last picture CG posted.

The longer I look at it, study it...the more devastating it becomes. I swear, the man is inhuman in his power---just standing there, not doing anything, not speaking, not moving....it's really a phenomenon (and borderline embarassment) :blush: what he can do to me...just a fucking picture, for crying out loud. :blink:

Pardon my fucking French,

but LOOK AT HIM! :blink::excl:

crap....back to the blasted hotel contract negotiations..... :glare:

Edited by muskifest

How about " why I no longer vote in MSNBC polls"

I no longer vote in those polls because I am sure that they lied about the number of votes in one poll and even if Clay wins a poll, they will find a way to turn it into a nasty rant. He can not win, so I never, ever give them hits for anything, although I did go to the site to get their e-mail to tellthem why I would no longer be comingto thier site. It acutally had to do with a lot of things, but Clay was in there.

I went so far as to switch my mail server from MSN to Yahoo.

I have to admit...I did vote...I guess I was a bit suprised that for a Miss Alli write up it wasn't totally mean. Just half mean... :D But my usual policy is...I will vote once on a poll. No more spamming for me. We really don't have anything to prove anymore.

I am starting to wonder if the Kelly fans will start focusing their ire and hatred on Carrie. She is certainly able to outsell Kelly in the US...and if she gets a grammy win in her first time nominations..that will be a huge feat for her. She is certainly having a stellar year.

I wonder if the relative quiet is because the fandom is getting used to waiting for Clay. No more hysterical angsting with the notion that Clay is going to be staying low for a bit. There is a relative calm out there. That sounds very promising.... or its just the calm before the storm... or maybe the pod people have gone to their lair to re group...

oh well I will enjoy it while it last...

I'm here, I'm here! I've been surfing boards, and getting frustrated at the fandom's lack of patience in regards to anything related to Clay. I mean, doesn't he deserve some down time? Judging from some posts I've read today, you'd think he hasn't been busting his butt since at least September, with album promotion, and then the Christmas tour! For goodness sake, it's only been 18 freaking days since the last concert! I've read some posts today that insinuate that he should give us some information about the next tour NOW, and if it happens to change in the future, that's ok too. WTF? In what universe would the fans be accepting of that?

So.....just before you take that well deserved break, Clay.....could you make all the decisions that will be required to firm up some spring/summer tour dates so that you can tell us, pronto? If you don't, you know we'll just dig 'em up anyways, even if they're not confirmed, and then get all upset at you when they change. Make sure to let us know when the tickets will be going on sale. Oh, and while you are at it, could you also tell us whether you are going to sing ATDW or other covers or new stuff that you've probably written yourself while you were in the bus or even recorded late at night in the studio? And who the opening act will be? And who will be in the band? And whether you'll cut your hair? And what you'll be wearing? Don't forget to make sure the fan club meet 'n greet contests get put up on the OFC, too. Then go have a nap. We won't mind. Heh. As long as it's not longer than a week. Or two. Maybe. As long as you tell us whether you have left RCA yet, first. And who you have signed with. And when that new, kick ass, rocking album full of originals is coming out. And how the new label plans to promote it. And how much $$upport they'll give it on radio.

OK ok I'm exaggerating and making fun but I really do sometimes feel as though there is nothing that would be "enough" info for this fandom to be satisfied. I am glad Clay seems to be able to take the pressures of his "job" and his fans in stride, because I think I would probably have run the opposite direction by now. ;-)

OK ok I'm exaggerating and making fun but I really do sometimes feel as though there is nothing that would be "enough" info for this fandom to be satisfied. I am glad Clay seems to be able to take the pressures of his "job" and his fans in stride, because I think I would probably have run the opposite direction by now. ;-)

luckiest, my dear, I fear you are NOT exaggerating! :o and the part I bolded is EXACTLY why I don't get people's seeming ANGER at Clay. WTF? He's been inhumanly (I seem to be attracted to that word today.) tolerant of some of the absurd expectations of some of his enthusiastic fans and more patient with the bullshit---at least to public eyes and ears---than he could've been. Honestly, some behavior and attitudes are so antagonistic it would be understandable for him to become Howard Hughes-ish, you know?

But methinks Mr. Aiken likes attention and the spotlight too much to ever take that route. Hee! Thank God for that.... :P

speaking of Clay 'taking things in stride', B) I think I'll work on my next chapter during my lunch break....

Edited by muskifest

luckiest1, I think you have characterized at least a pretty vocal section of the fandom quite well with your snark *coughtruthcough* there. I vaguely remember last year when it was thought that Clay would be playing at GMA on a certain date, and several people started planning and making reservations....only for Clay to blog and say "don't plan no trips quite yet, people." There was grumbling then after that, if I remember correctly.

ITA with muski -- he's gotta have the patience of a saint (in public at least) to deal with "us." (And yeah, I'd include myself in that group...) Included in that is the pressure he must feel to always be "on" and entertaining the fans, or at least some of them. I personally cannot understand that -- as much as I may whine that I'm bored, and there's nothing going on in the fandom, I DO find other things to do. I've got several hard drives full of clack that need to be organized. I want to go back and reread muski's other masterpieces. And oh yeah -- there's my job, my family, my cats, and my husband. (Tell you what -- Netflix is a Godsend, and my husband and I have been enjoying our time together watching movies....)

So, why can't others find something to do too? And let Clay have a break?

(Pardon the post-hoing)

I'm just sitting here starting my lunch and looked up at my wall with all the holiday greeting cards I got from various business contacts. ONe is a green card with gold lettering that reads...

Reflect, Renew, Rejoice

I LIKE that.

In fact, I like to think that's what Clay's doing right about now...and what his blog was encouraging us to do...I'm with ldyjocelyn...and with Clay....this so-called 'down' time is anything but. Life is busy with....

uh...

life things, you know? :lol: Everyone should take some 'down' time every now and then to---

Reflect, Renew, Rejoice! :manynanas: We are so freaking lucky to have Clay.

Edited by muskifest

OK ok I'm exaggerating and making fun but I really do sometimes feel as though there is nothing that would be "enough" info for this fandom to be satisfied.

So true, I'm afraid. Your rant isn't really that exaggerated.

Included in that is the pressure he must feel to always be "on" and entertaining the fans, or at least some of them. I personally cannot understand that -- as much as I may whine that I'm bored, and there's nothing going on in the fandom, I DO find other things to do.

And oh yeah -- there's my job, my family, my cats, and my husband. So, why can't others find something to do too? And let Clay have a break?

Sometimes I wonder if some seem to want Clack 24/7 because they don't have enough else going on in their lives. Seriously, I love Clay, but he's not the only thing in my life. Opening up one's experiences to the broader world gives you a lot more perspective, not just on Clay, but on life, but too many never seem to leave the insular environment of the boards. I think there are some who really do plan their lives around Clay, which is why they get so upset when the tour dates are not confirmed. Every little thing related to Clay takes on monumental significance because he's become their entire world. When he's gone from the public eye, they're at a loss, because they've forgotten everything else.

OK ok I'm exaggerating and making fun but I really do sometimes feel as though there is nothing that would be "enough" info for this fandom to be satisfied.

Exaggerating? I dunno, luckiest1. Seemed like a frightenly accurate description of many in this fandom to me!

Someone who is actually a friend of mine was complaining he hadn't yet given more information on tour dates yet because she has to make plans! Now this woman does not work. She's very nice, but it seems to me she spends most of her time in front of her computer in her p.j.s! She lives in LA and yet until this Christmas tour she has never missed a tour. Money nor time ever seem to be a problem. And yet she's complaining that he hasn't put out a tour schedule yet???

And she's not as bad as others I have read! :o

To paraphrase (or maybe I should say interpret) Clay's blog... GET A GRIP, PEOPLE!!!