#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

luckiest1 - I was reading these incredibly...odd...threads at OFC: about how Clay is basically horrified that we are staring at his crotch which is why he kept bringing it up and there was a serious suggestion that he wear the long coat from JNT2 to keep our prying eyes away. About how Clay needs to let random heifer talk during his concerts and not tell them to hush. About how sucky his blog was.

I'm still waiting to see your exaggeration. There is not a line you wrote that I have seen someone post in all seriousness.

Let me spell it out for you folks... the most appropos made up Clay word is CLACK because he is surely like crack to a crack addict. Oh I'm not just pointing fingres..I've refreshed twenty times a day when there is absolutely nothing going on....but it's been 4 years. I've posted on message boards when I have absolutely nothing of interest about Clay to say..just feel the need ot hear myself talk. I don't think I do that anymore. And I've learned to cut back to ten refreshings...then 5. There is a real physical/emotional component to this addiction....I know my heart has actually sunk a time or two when there is nothing going on. I want a tour. I need a tour. I was preparing myself that he would tour around February or March. Even as time ran out for that scenario I kept focused on that so I would be prepared. OK, I read his blog, and now I doubt there will be a tour until at least May or June if then. So I will just save money towards that end and wait. I don't need to know dates. I don't need to know another damn thing. I'll just be ready for a tour in that time frame. And if my vacation happenns to interfere with a date in my area, then I'll go somewhere else. Clay should be planned around your life, not your life planned around Clay. To me Clay made it real clear... go out and live life, nothing will be forthcoming for a bit. It's only been 2 days since that blog. ANybody looking for news already needs a hobby - a new one. And I'll tell this to myself and all of ya'll if you start whining in a month or two. LOL.

ETA: I don't care if he shows up on idol. I don't watch it anymore but I do look forward to his performances there. Yep, if there is any whining to take place, bring refreshments. hee.

GET A GRIP, PEOPLE!!!

Well, okay, but I hope he doesn't squeal like a girl when I do. What? That's not where and what you meant? Nevermind, then... :unsure:

I feel like you were channeling muski! :lol: I had to take a second look at who posted!

Well done, bottle! B)

Let me spell it out for you folks... the most appropos made up Clay word is CLACK because he is surely like crack to a crack addict.

Clay should be planned around your life, not your life planned around Clay.

Eureka! That's it! Actually, I think I've said that to friends for a few years now...that the addiction is there. That constant newness that we got in 2003 and most of 2004, what with him showing up at practically every appearance imaginable, was an addictive thing, and people wanted more and more of the adrenaline. Meanwhile, Clay needed his downtime...but some couldn't handle that, and started having the DT's. I'm with couchie, I used to be always all over the boards, and I still probably am more than I should be. But it's not nearly as strong as it used to be. I think I'm working on step 4 of my 12 step program. Maybe we at FCA should start one of those programs?

As for your second statement...when I remember reading somewhere that someone was actually debating whether to go to a Clay concert or a relative's wedding (and I want to say it was a granddaughter or some close relationship)...that seriously frightened me. Clay's gonna be around for a while, and there are other tours.

Don't pelt me with tomatoes, but I'm looking forward to seeing him on AI again. Hush, y'all know he likes it!

I've been saying that for months now. And I've gotten used to the red stains on my clothes. *g*

GET A GRIP, PEOPLE!!!

Well, okay, but I hope he doesn't squeal like a girl when I do. What? That's not where and what you meant? Nevermind, then... :unsure:

bottlecap has been indoctrinated into the muski school smut. Looks like she's graduated with high honors too. BWAHVO!

couchtomato said:

Clay should be planned around your life, not your life planned around Clay.

This is perfect. I think it should be printed and posted above my computer desk, just as a reminder, for when I falter. *g*

luckiest1 - I was reading these incredibly...odd...threads at OFC: about how Clay is basically horrified that we are staring at his crotch which is why he kept bringing it up and there was a serious suggestion that he wear the long coat from JNT2 to keep our prying eyes away. About how Clay needs to let random heifer talk during his concerts and not tell them to hush. About how sucky his blog was.

Yikes. No wonder I rarely go there anymore. I'd seriously lose it.

Clay on AI? Bring it on! I don't watch the show, but I'd love to see the clack! Of course, I'd watch if we knew in advance, like last year......

Edited by luckiest1

My MSN rant really is not this write up or spamming. It has more t o do about how they run the web site and the taunting of Clay fans that they have done in the last year. That poll were they obviously discounted votes so they could swing one more insult at Clay. I have consider it a web site run as a hater site and since I do not go to hater sites, I will not go to that one. Mark my words, If Clay wins or loses, no nice words will be used to describe it. That is why I said the only way to win is not to play. I will not give them hits, I will not contribute a thousandth of a penny to their coffers.

Fans demending Clay do something? What is new here? Remeber whenb people were talking about the "drought" in Jan 2005 - I wondered what the heck they would do when he disappeared from the scene for a while - well, I think we discovered what - they make things up, they design his career and make all major decisions for him. Nothing new there.

Bottlecap, horror36.gif I am shocked

Clay on AI again - that would be a yes. Always a noteworthy occaision, execpt the Fantasia emcee thing, that was not good, not good at all.

I have three things to say...no, four..

1. I did NOT coach Bottle. Perhaps her dormant smutter has been nudged out of hibernation, but I canNOT take any credit (or blame, depending on your perspective) for her delicious debauchery.

2. We need a new thread title. I nominate "Reflect, Renew, Rejoice"...and not just because I found it.

3. I, unlike Hugh Laurie of House, admit that I have a problem. I am indeed a CLACK and message board addict. It is both my number one weakness---or at least it holds a close tie with fattening food---and a major source of strength. I'm not sure I'm willing to move on to Step Two---acknowledging a higher power. What would that be---my writing? :blink:

4. Now I've forgotten what the fourth one was.

EEEEEEEEEEE some activity on radio!!!!

From Ch;s moonhead:

KUDL says they will be playing A Thousand Days within the next half hour (they have promo'd it a couple of times). They stream, but you have to sign up on the VIP club first.

eta:

very nice intro by dj for "A Thousand Days". Talked about what a nice guy Clay is, friendly and funny; great voice. "A Thousand Days" playing now. After the song, dj promoted the cd also.

HOWEVER...here is another post...

Posted by Mando1 at CB with regard to KUDL radio station (Note: the "roger" she refers to is the DJ):

I emailed roger to see if he knew anything about "A Thousand Days", he emailed back and told me he had played it monday and thought it would be an "add"

I hope he doesnt mind me posting his email. this is what he sent me

Amanda,

What is shocking to me is on Monday I played "A Thousand Days" on the Carson Cafe.....mentioned I would do so twice before I played it, and I didn't receive 1 call or e-mail from any Claymate.

I do like the song and I believe it is a new "add", so you will be hearing it!

Rog

So I think feedback is important right now. If people hear it...and you are so inlcined...please email and/or call with favorable comments.

other Clay random mentions:

From CH:

Posted by Southern Belle at CV:

A Clay mention on The Insider. They were showing some of the auditions for AI6. Showed Kelly singing SUBG and said she has been the most successful idol but then showed Clay (I think it was the "Without You" video) and said he proves you don't have to win to be successful.

desand posted at the Clayboard:

My daughter drew my attention to an article in the Self magazine Jan 07 about compiling a good playlist (Page 22) for exercise. After the headings Warm Up then Intervals it ended Cooldown and I quote " Choose a song that gives closure, like the last song you heard at a concert or a guilty-pleasure tune.(Clay Aiken fans , you know what we mean)"

Time to savor and celebrate these mentions...so just bring over anything fun and positive you guys come across in other boards...

Yup....I am a clack addict...I acknowledge and wallow in it... :D

I used to enjoy the discussions and seemingly intelligent expressions of opinions there. But....I haven't felt that way a lot for a good while. In fact, I've sorta been embarrassed and worried because I KNOW that board is a well-known one AND one that Clay is familiar with and probably reads.
You are me. Well, me, only cuter. ;)

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
BWAH! Love that! I saw a similar quote the other day that said, "never argue with a fool...people might forget who is who." :)

{{{georgiaclay}}} Back atcha!

because I think I would probably have run the opposite direction by now.
But methinks Mr. Aiken likes attention and the spotlight too much to ever take that route.

You brilliant ladies just made me think of why I like the new Clay. The no-holds-barred, ass-kickin' Clay we saw in yesterday's blog...and well, since he was on the AI5 finale, actually. I think there might have been a bit inside Clay that wanted to run the hell away back a year or so ago, but the stubborn part of him (guh) said "look...you love this fame, you love to sing, you love having influence in the causes close to your heart. If you want to keep all that good stuff, you better get your shit (sadly, he probably wouldn't have cussed) together, and stop letting the pod people (I f-love this term, y'all...it's awesome!) have an impact on your heart!"

I think he grew up a lot, and took control of the bullshit. He maybe realized, much like ldyjocelyn, that engaging in a battle of wits with so many unarmed opponents (hee) was only bringing him down, bringing down this whole experience. God I love the new Clay. The Clay who basically bitchslapped Kelly Ripa when he covered the mouth of the NC news lady (sorry I'm a sucky fan and don't know her name) on his house tour. The Clay who bitchslapped the pod people in his blog yesterday, and basically told them he thought they were ridiculous and petty and obnoxious and wasting their time and WRONG. {{{{{Clay}}}}}

I loooove me some bitchslappin' Clay!!!! *thud* (Hee! It's a slightly amended version of my tagline since I escaped the pod)!

I am more confident than ever that Clay Aiken will live his own life, follow his own dreams, be happy and peaceful, and share the parts of his life with us that he chooses, when it is the right time to do so. Huh. He's almost being...human. Well, except for that little superhuman ability to keep us all under his spell simply by standing there.

I loooove me some bitchslappin' Clay!!!! *thud* (Hee! It's a slightly amended version of my tagline since I escaped the pod)!

I am more confident than ever that Clay Aiken will live his own life, follow his own dreams, be happy and peaceful, and share the parts of his life with us that he chooses, when it is the right time to do so. Huh. He's almost being...human. Well, except for that little superhuman ability to keep us all under his spell simply by standing there.

Loved your post, institches! Clay says he is happy. Without knowing everything that's going on in his life and career, who are we to call him a liar?

Ansamcw, thanks for bringing over the info regarding airplay. It's certainly worth celebrating! I hate to raise my expectations, but wouldn't it be funny if all those who declared that ATDW was dead and would never get radio support were proved wrong? Wouldn't it be ironic if Clay's career was to take off just at the moment when fans were most doubtful and pessimistic?

Well, my day is now complete. institches has broken her FCA hymen and is totally IN...heh. And big fat word to her post (except for the me being cuter than she is. I've seen a picture of her but I don't think she's seen a picture of me and I'd like to keep it that way until I've trapped her into meeting me at a concert and it's too embarrassing for her to run away. :glare: )

But he HAS adopted a 'take no prisoners' attitude since that AI5 appearance, I think. And I think it's almost too hot to handle. But I'm trying. ;)

bitchslappin' Clay? <muski thanks the gods and goddesses again that she's alone this week in her office and can wait until the drooling stops completely before needing to clean up>

And a big HELL YEAH! to him for the blogging bitchslappin' he gave...too bad the right bitches just.don't.get.it.

And I'm with y'all with believing CLay is happy if he says so....Like I say, "He gives us so much of himself. He trusts us. I choose to trust him, too."

'course, I'd be even happier if he gave even MORE of himself to ME....but I think Tyra would bitchslap ME then! Hee...Finished my chapter and let me just say this about that...

:blink: Just make sure all the kiddies and significan others are tucked away from your computer screen for this one, 'kay? B)

GOnna proofread on the way home and then post this evening.... ;)

Frist of all...I don't care if he shows up on Idol. I would love it actually. I have made peace with that show because it brought us Clay. I never really resented his not winning...it just gave him a more interesting story to tell. Lets look at it this way...if he won he would be considered the third most successful winner...but as a runner up...he is the most successful. Its all in the spin folks. I also do not think the show tries to hurt him. They actually like to mention him a lot. I actually think Nigel really really likes him. As Play said...all his post AI2 appearance have been excellent and memorable...except for the the fantasia homecoming.

YAY stitchie came out to play again...I love it...and yes she is cute...her picture with Clay is one of my favorite fan pictures evah...

You brilliant ladies just made me think of why I like the new Clay. The no-holds-barred, ass-kickin' Clay we saw in yesterday's blog...and well, since he was on the AI5 finale, actually. I think there might have been a bit inside Clay that wanted to run the hell away back a year or so ago, but the stubborn part of him (guh) said "look...you love this fame, you love to sing, you love having influence in the causes close to your heart. If you want to keep all that good stuff, you better get your shit (sadly, he probably wouldn't have cussed) together, and stop letting the pod people (I f-love this term, y'all...it's awesome!) have an impact on your heart!"

I think he grew up a lot, and took control of the bullshit. He maybe realized, much like ldyjocelyn, that engaging in a battle of wits with so many unarmed opponents (hee) was only bringing him down, bringing down this whole experience. God I love the new Clay. The Clay who basically bitchslapped Kelly Ripa when he covered the mouth of the NC news lady (sorry I'm a sucky fan and don't know her name) on his house tour. The Clay who bitchslapped the pod people in his blog yesterday, and basically told them he thought they were ridiculous and petty and obnoxious and wasting their time and WRONG. {{{{{Clay}}}}}

just a huge WORD to your post...although a lot of fans may want a 2006 do over...I think it will prove to be very important year in Clay's life for the leassons that he has learned.

And a big HELL YEAH! to him for the blogging bitchslappin' he gave...too bad the right bitches just.don't.get.it.

Actually I think a lot of these bitches got it...but have chosen to ignore it and act like it didn;t really touch them to save face...but this was pretty clear...and I think some of them know he was talking about them.

In the words of Don Knotts, let me make myself perfectly clear...heee

I don't even know what the twelve steps are and I'm sure if I looked at them I'd be on only step 4 or 5. Clay is a part of my life every day - even if it's just pulling down the old stale old look calendar (who knew, my shutterfly from last January was 18 months heee) or writing a check (yes right after the address line I have "I love Clay Aiken.") heee. But I think what people are addicted to is the news, being in the know, hearing something fresh. And people saying nice things about him in a blog no longer seems to qualify. Thanks so much LdyJ for bringing over that tidbit yesterday. We don't even absorb one thing before we're ready for something else. People have already thrown away ATDW and are tapping their feet waiting for word of a new album. Now realistically, I don't expect any news of an album for at least a year. If we get it before that, good. But I don't expect it. And I'm not waiting for it. The people who need the constant stimulation are going to have to learn to deal. As LdyJ found in her googling.... U2 fans have had to learn to sit down and wait for news, So too will Clay Aiken fans. We want him to be a pop star like any other, but yet we constantly remind him that if not for our voting, you'd be teaching, so give us what we want. You can't have it both ways.

But I'm not just throwing Clay away until the big thing either. I just concentrate on the things. On this break I hope to finally get his radio interviews cataloged and my clack organized. Now that I've learned to make a montage, maybe I'll try my hand at a Clay one. I also hope to read some books, do some scrapbooking, go back to my once a month California weekend adventures now that my mom is up for it, get my finances together, and get my room de-junked. Or maybe I'll just watch the grass grow.

KAndre..you'are a brave soul for braving the OFC... but it's a damn site better than it used to be..I think...or has it regressed. Did the people who abandon it return once Clay made his chat debut?

Somebody else seems to have gotten a bit of attitude and I like it on her too. Hey to Stitchie! hee

Muski...any 12 step plan that includes you giving up writing must be abolished.

Ansa thanks for bringing over those Clay mentions.

We don't even absorb one thing before we're ready for something else. People have already thrown away ATDW and are tapping their feet waiting for word of a new album. Now realistically, I don't expect any news of an album for at least a year. If we get it before that, good. But I don't expect it. And I'm not waiting for it. The people who need the constant stimulation are going to have to learn to deal.

Isn't that the truth? Often, even great Clack (a terrific television appearance, a great blog, an exciting bit of info) is old news in a day, sometimes in just hours. Like spoiled children, it doesn't take long for fans to lose interest in one thing and start looking for the next.

And believe me, fans don't realize just how spoiled they have been. Many, many other fandoms haven't had the often continuous Clack flow Clay has had.

Something interesting from the CH:

From Rosie's blog tonight:

Ann writes:

Hi Rosie,

Are you still friends with Clay?

yes

he is co hosting the view

soon

OMG...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

more controversy!!!!

eta: jinx Jenna

Intriguing find from AgingHippie at the CH:

Ann writes:

Hi Rosie,

yes

soon

Hmmm... My guess is it'll be in February.

I wouldn't be shocked if Clay has much more in the works than his blog let on.

I was thinking about this on the way home tonight....and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Yesterday's blog was Clay's version of the William Shatner "GET A LIFE" skit.

I remember that skit! It would be pretty funny, although I'd bet a huge portion of the fandom:

1) Wouldn't recognize themselves if they saw it, or

2) Would angrily post that he was being dismissive and ungrateful.

Edited by JennaZ

Something interesting from the CH:

Ann writes:

Hi Rosie,

yes

soon

OMG...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

more controversy!!!!

Does The View have guest co-hosts? Will he put his hand over that obnoxious Joy's mouth? If my friend who dumped me for R&K gets tickets, will she take me???

Personally, I love Rosie. She has hutzpah! And this whole crap with Donald Trump is so absurd, but as Barbara Walters said on the show today "He's a pathetic little man"!

Hee. No one will EVER call Clay little, if you get my drift.... B)

instiches, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in cyber-space and after reading your amazing posts, I am sorry I have been deprived of the pleasure so far. Your posts have been BRILLIANT! I am so glad you have decided to join us in this sane, happy little corner of the Clay world! :) Welcome!

Please post often!