#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

A nice PR article

Fans Of Clay Aiken, Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin and Other American Idols Unite to Make a Difference for Charities - Link

Raleigh, NC (FV Newswire) - Fans of Clay Aiken, Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Ace Young, Katharine McPhee and other American Idol top contestants have raised thousands of dollars for the causes supported by their favorite celebrities. The list of fortunate charitable programs that have received contributions from this rapidly growing fan base includes well-known organizations such as UNICEF, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, The Children's Hospital, The Autism Society and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, as well as newer organizations which have benefited from awareness and contributions such as The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, GuluWalk, Kid One Transport, CheckOnMe.org and others.

EddieTheDawg.org has partnered with over 30 merchants to provide online shopping that will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Now anyone can simply go to the E-Store for JDRF at http://EddietheDawg.org and shop using links on that Web site, and commissions will be earned to benefit JDRF. Buy anything you want through these links, and get tips on special discounts and free shipping offers from Amazon.com, Wal-mart, Dell Home Systems, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Thrifty Rent-A-Car, iTunes, Hickory Farms, Liz Claiborne, Mrs. Fields, Macy's, PETsMART, Netflix, 1-800-FLOWERS, The Sharper Image, Footlocker, Toys R Us, Wine.com, Puritan's Pride, Sony Music Store and many others.

Elliott Yamin and Kevin Covais, of American Idol Season 5, both have been diagnosed with Type 1 juvenile diabetes. Gregory Ellis, a young actor who toured with Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour 2005, was diagnosed last December. According to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, there are 20.8 million Americans with diabetes, and as many as 3 million Americans with Type 1 juvenile diabetes. Visit EddieTheDawg.org to find ways you can donate and volunteer to help find a cure for diabetes on their behalf.

Many celebrities put their visibility to work for causes they support, but what makes this network of givers stand out is their passion for being part of a nation of tightly bonded fan-friends. American Idol fans are not on board because they are star-struck, but because they identify with someone who was just like them or like the people they know in their hometowns, families, schools, at work and places of worship. These motivated followers find clever ways to organize and fund parties, hold successful auctions and craft sales, purchase music, concert tickets and merchandise for themselves and their friends, and of the greatest importance, raise and donate money to the causes that are important to the people -- fans and celebrities -- they care about.

EddieTheDawg.org has started to connect all of these wonderful efforts under one umbrella. It is a place where fans of American Idols can find information on current fundraisers and events, while being entertained with fresh photos, video and stories. The Web site is named after a rescued canine who has diabetes. After his kind owner restored his vision with surgery, Eddie now enjoys a full life and does what he can to give back to others in need.

Entertainment and Things You Can Do At EddieTheDawg.org:

-- Watch video of Elliott Yamin singing the National Anthem at the JDRF Walk To Cure Diabetes held at the Los Angeles Dodgers Stadium.

-- Watch video and photos of Clay Aiken's Christmas with Symphony Orchestras Tour, including a performance of his new Christmas hit "All Is Well."

-- Join Taylor Hicks and the Soul Patrol to raise money for Kid One Transport to help kids in Alabama get transportation to and from medical care.

-- Purchase plush, adorable LambAikens online to benefit The Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

-- See photos of Gregory Ellis performing in The Music Man in Raleigh NC. Gregory, a young actor who performed with Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour 2005, was diagnosed with Type 1 juvenile diabetes last December. Send an e-mail to Gregory or sign-up for Gregory's Gang to help find a cure for diabetes.

-- Buy and sell Internet domain names to provide thousands of dollars to UNICEF, JDRF, TBAF and other charities.

-- Complete a questionnaire for Richard Simmons to help bring physical education back into the schools, as part of his campaign in the fight against childhood obesity.

-- Join Ace Young and the High Rollers to help fund a new wing for The Children's Hospital of Denver.

-- Experience firsthand the activities at a Clay Aiken fan party and fundraiser held in southern California, that raised over $2,400 for The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. Watch a beautiful montage set to "Make A Difference," a song written and sung by a fan.

-- Add a GoodSearch search box to your Web site to benefit The Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

-- Buy CDs from Amazon.com and music downloads from iTunes, including Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks, Clay Aiken and Katharine McPhee, to benefit JDRF.

If you are not one already, when you visit this Web site you may become a fan of the humanitarian side of these talented young men and woman and their supporters. Visit EddieTheDawg.org and help make a difference in the lives of others this holiday season.

Press release sponsor: Woodmont Mortgage, a prestigious boutique mortgage company, has an online Florida Home Center where you can find friendly service and smart solutions to your Florida home financing needs. For a limited time, apply online and receive $500 credit towards closing costs. http://WoodmontMortgage.com

From Billboard:

AMERICAN IDOL: IDOLS ON IDOL

January 20, 2007

Compiled by JONATHAN COHEN, GARY GRAFF, GAIL MITCHELL AND JEFF VRABEL

"American Idol" is a phenomenon unlike any other, and the contestants who have filed through its ranks in the past five years are forever bonded by their formative experiences on the show. Billboard asked nine key "Idol" stars to reflect on what the show has meant to their career, their favorite moments and how they've managed the transition from the small screen into the cold, hard world of the music business. "I think it's all about taking every single opportunity that you have in front of you and just making the best of it," 2006 fourth-place finisher Chris Daughtry says. "I'm not saying you have to go on a TV show, but you definitely have to put your neck out there, and sometimes you've got to open a lot of doors to go through the right one. You don't know which opportunities are gonna be the ones that seal your fate."

Clay Aiken

SEASON/FINISH: 2003, second

CHART HISTORY: The Billboard 200: "A Thousand Different Ways," 2006 (No. 2, 489,000); "Merry Christmas With Love," 2004 (No. 4, 1.4 million); "Measure of a Man," 2003 (No. 1, 2.8 million). The Billboard Hot 100: "This Is the Night," No. 1; "Invisible," No. 37; "Solitaire," No. 4.

I'll clear up a misconception people have. When I watched the show last year, I said to myself, "I'd much rather be the second-place winner because the first-place person is tied into the contract and the second-place person can go and shop their own." Well, that's not the case. I signed with RCA—there was a right of first refusal with RCA so I signed with RCA automatically at the end of the show. But there's definitely not a downside to that at all. I'm happy with that. Every person who's been on the show at some point wants to distance themselves a little bit, but no matter what, I came from there. I'm only here because of that show and so I can't help but be appreciative of that. Any time that they want me to come back, I'll be happy to. [Working with Simon Fuller] has turned into a really great relationship. I mean, he's really exactly what anybody would want in a record label head. We auditioned for the show because it looked like fun. I think every year after that, the fourth and fifth [season] especially, you found people who got into the show because they knew something big was going to come out of it. I kind of liked seeing contestants come up out of obscurity. It's lost a little bit of its innocence and so it's not as much fun for me anymore.

OK, maybe it's just me (since other boards seem to be ignoring it) but doesn't this basically dispell the basis for the whole pod people train of thought? Isn't he pretty much saying "no, I'm not leaving RCA"? And that he's happy with them? Hee, I just love him. Clay Aiken, clearing up misconceptions, left, right and centre. :D

They also list a bunch of other "Idols" as well. I have to say that Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry just make me roll my eyes with their attitudes. I totally agree with Clay's comment that AI has lost it's innocence and is no longer fun. I couldn't watch last season and I will not watch this season unless I know in advance that either Clay (please please please) or my other boyfriend Macca will be on (as is being rumoured).

I think it is very tempting to believe that we are simply up against a single entity that is out to get Clay, that seems less formidable and easier to understand. It simplifies the situation to a hero and a villain. Personally I don't think its that simple. I think this society just have a low tolerance for people who are different and goes against stereotypes. The problem too is...Clay just does not go against sterotypes...he defies the status quo. I think people can accept a dorky guy that is talented but they must also act awkward and clueless. Clay has always waved the flag of his dorkiness...but he never acted apologetic about it. He was proud and never acted like he should get anything less from the world. His DIVA actions...wouldn't create such a stir if he was perceived to be a cool guy like JT...cos that is expected of them. But from Clay...it becomes such a story cos he shouldn't be assertive and strong. I alway thought Clay would have a harder road because he chooses to be himself and not compromise to fit in.

Well said. I totally agree, it's the fact that he is who he is and refuses to change to conform to who people think he should be that is the catalyst for much of it. It pisses people off. I say PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT to them all. :P

Edited by luckiest1

"I kind of liked seeing contestants come up out of obscurity. It's lost a little bit of its innocence and so it's not as much fun for me anymore."

As evidenced by the quotes from "Christ [sic] Daughtry", who the author of the article thinks finished in third place last year (poor Ellliot Yamin), I'd say that quote from Clay is right on the money. That said, Mario "Quitter" Vasquez, who arguably has had the least success of the batch, comes across as the most arrogant of the bunch.

Since I've never seen these quotes by Clay and he is mentions last season I would think this is fairly recent stuff. At least it gives me yet one more reason not to spend time angsting over how he is feeling. or trying to read between every line. I do like clearing up the misconception part...don't know who he is speaking to..there has been a lot of press that says it's better not to win because you're free. And he knows many of his fans want him to bolt his record company. Could be speaking to both or neither. But anyway, glad he is part of this. He's an idol, will always be an idol..and frankly think he is about as associated with teh show as anyone that has ever been on it.

From Billboard:

AMERICAN IDOL: IDOLS ON IDOL

January 20, 2007

Compiled by JONATHAN COHEN, GARY GRAFF, GAIL MITCHELL AND JEFF VRABEL

Clay Aiken

SEASON/FINISH: 2003, second

CHART HISTORY: The Billboard 200: "A Thousand Different Ways," 2006 (No. 2, 489,000); "Merry Christmas With Love," 2004 (No. 4, 1.4 million); "Measure of a Man," 2003 (No. 1, 2.8 million). The Billboard Hot 100: "This Is the Night," No. 1; "Invisible," No. 37; "Solitaire," No. 4.

I'll clear up a misconception people have. When I watched the show last year, I said to myself, "I'd much rather be the second-place winner because the first-place person is tied into the contract and the second-place person can go and shop their own." Well, that's not the case. I signed with RCA—there was a right of first refusal with RCA so I signed with RCA automatically at the end of the show. But there's definitely not a downside to that at all. I'm happy with that. Every person who's been on the show at some point wants to distance themselves a little bit, but no matter what, I came from there. I'm only here because of that show and so I can't help but be appreciative of that. Any time that they want me to come back, I'll be happy to. [Working with Simon Fuller] has turned into a really great relationship. I mean, he's really exactly what anybody would want in a record label head. We auditioned for the show because it looked like fun. I think every year after that, the fourth and fifth [season] especially, you found people who got into the show because they knew something big was going to come out of it. I kind of liked seeing contestants come up out of obscurity. It's lost a little bit of its innocence and so it's not as much fun for me anymore.

OK, maybe it's just me (since other boards seem to be ignoring it) but doesn't this basically dispell the basis for the whole pod people train of thought? Isn't he pretty much saying "no, I'm not leaving RCA"? And that he's happy with them? Hee, I just love him. Clay Aiken, clearing up misconceptions, left, right and centre. :D

Gee you think? I love how he made a point of saying "clearing up any misconceptions".... Sort of reminded me of his blog. Think he's trying to tell the Pod People something?

Think they're listening??

ETA: And the humblest of all was Ruben. He hasn't really set the world on fire and was totally overshadowed by his runner-up. He could easily be laying the blame on Clive or Idol or Clay or anyone, but instead he is just so grateful for what he has. No wonder he and Clay are such friends.

Edited by Claygasm

Gee you think? I love how he made a point of saying "clearing up any misconceptions".... Sort of reminded me of his blog. Think he's trying to tell the Pod People something?

Think they're listening??

Um, apparently not, they are instead ignoring it. But imagine if we inserted just ONE little word into the quote, and it read "I'm not happy with that." They'd be tripping all over themselves to quote it and expound on it. Pfffffffffffft. Works both ways, people. Or it should.

ETA: ITA, claygasm. Ruben's write up was very nice.

Edited by luckiest1

Um, apparently not, they are instead ignoring it. But imagine if we inserted just ONE little word into the quote, and it read "I'm not happy with that." They'd be tripping all over themselves to quote it and expound on it. Pfffffffffffft. Works both ways, people. Or it should.

Hee. Exactly. It did seem to me like the timeline was off at first - I had to reread it a few times, but the message seemed pretty clear to me too. Ya'll realize that this is one of the only boards left that isn't mired down in misery about Clay's career? You're my safety net. I come here every day to be rejuvenated. It's only a matter of time before you're stuck with me. :P

I tried (I know, I know) to start an ATD Impact thread at the OFC and it just became a magnet for cynicism and mocking. That was my last attempt there... for reals. I'm hardly the "positive police" but for God's sake, people... why be in a fandom if you're pissed off all.the.freaking.time?

playbiller, you've been cracking me up with the emoticon unveilings. Here's another version of alien/PP for ya:

space.gif

My favorite is still this one though... 2.gif

Happy weekend, everyone!

Hee. Exactly. It did seem to me like the timeline was off at first - I had to reread it a few times, but the message seemed pretty clear to me too. Ya'll realize that this is one of the only boards left that isn't mired down in misery about Clay's career? You're my safety net. I come here every day to be rejuvenated. It's only a matter of time before you're stuck with me. :P

I tried (I know, I know) to start an ATD Impact thread at the OFC and it just became a magnet for cynicism and mocking. That was my last attempt there... for reals. I'm hardly the "positive police" but for God's sake, people... why be in a fandom if you're pissed off all.the.freaking.time?

playbiller, you've been cracking me up with the emoticon unveilings. Here's another version of alien/PP for ya:

space.gif

YouStop - huge hugs and wet kisses!!!!!!!!! So glad to see you here. I'd be pleased and proud to be stuck with you! I was beginning to think nothing could make me smile today, on account of so much whining and proud cynicism on the boards. I've got to echo the sentence I bolded. What happened to the fandom that had some fight to it, the clever kind of fight, like Operation Vanilla??

I guess it's been abducted! Thanks for the emoticons YSRN and playbiller!!

space.gif

space45.gif

Edited by jmh123

May I just say how freakin' tickled I am to see YSRN beaming down on FCA? oh yeah. Hey, couchie! Another one near us! sorta... :dancingpickle: Don't go away, YSRN, and I mean it! (and by the way...why haven't I seen you on my Clyra thread at CV or EAYOR? :glare: ;) )

I have a messed up eye! Yesterday got a hellaciously painful thing on my lower lid---I've NEVER had a stye in my life!---and then during the night my eye got all yucky and I kept waking up and washing it....now my whole eyeball is red and sorta cloudy, although the hellaciously painful thing on the lid is gone now, and I don't know what to do.

Usually my doctor's office has Sat. hours, but today I got a recording saying they were closed for the holiday and wouldn't be back til Tuesday! Since I have an HMO, I'd have to go the freakin' emergency room at the hospital if I want somebody to look at my eye. Seems a bit extreme. :unsure:

Now...what's all this to you, you ask? Well....I guess the discomfort COULD interfere with my chapter writinng.... B)

(((muskifest)))) hope your eye get better soon...and no that has nothing to do with the chapter you are writing...heh ;)

hi ya YSRN ...I sure hope you are exaggerating about the state of the other boards. I feel sad that this negativity is whats prevalent most everywhere.

YouStop - huge hugs and wet kisses!!!!!!!!! So glad to see you here. I'd be pleased and proud to be stuck with you! I was beginning to think nothing could make me smile today, on account of so much whining and proud cynicism on the boards. I've got to echo the sentence I bolded. What happened to the fandom that had some fight to it, the clever kind of fight, like Operation Vanilla??

WORD...and the part I bolded is what is frustrating me. You keep getting this post that mock every positive sign that Clay may get radio play and they laugh at the idea that RCA may support this single. Well I am as realsitic as the next person and I know we have had a lot of disappointments, but I am still hopeful that things will be different this time. HOPE is certainly nowhere to be seen in other boards except for the hope that Clay does leave RCA.

The sad thing is...I get the feeling that the pod people are actually praying that no support is forthcoming. I have a feeling that if Clay says he needs people to request the song...they would actually campaign for people not to request the song. They really want to see ATD and ATDW fail cos that will mean they were right. They don't want success for Clay...they only want success for Clay on their terms.

I predict for the next week or so every possible negative press will be hgihlighted as if this was somewhat unusual, as proof that RCA is hurting Clay...every positive press...will be ignored.

well...I for one am praying that we do get airplay...I for one hope that 2 more singles will be brought out...and Clay get as much sale from ATDW as possible.

Hee. Exactly. It did seem to me like the timeline was off at first - I had to reread it a few times, but the message seemed pretty clear to me too.

And to me as well. I did wonder if the editing put a few quotes together that weren't really connected in the actual interview, but the more I read it, the more it seemed to me that Clay really is dealing quite well with the way his career is going at the moment.

BTW, with that inteview...I really :::heart::: Ruben.

Ya'll realize that this is one of the only boards left that isn't mired down in misery about Clay's career? You're my safety net. I come here every day to be rejuvenated. It's only a matter of time before you're stuck with me. :P

To quote Huey Lewis, "yes it's true, I am happy to be stuck with you..." I'm so very glad you're around...you brighten the world here, IMO.

why be in a fandom if you're pissed off all.the.freaking.time?

To me, the feelings in so many kind of miss the entire point of the fandom. It doesn't seem FUN to them, and that makes me sad. It also seems that it ignores everything that's GOOD about Clay Aiken -- his voice, his sense of humor, his charm, and just so much HIM. That's why I'm a fan...not to ALWAYS talk about his career (I say it that way because I don't mind it too much). It's just fun to squee about how cute he his, and how good he sounded.

Love the new emoticons. The pod people should be very afraid...

muski, hope everything works out with your eye....

The sad thing is...I get the feeling that the pod people are actually praying that no support is forthcoming. I have a feeling that if Clay says he needs people to request the song...they would actually campaign for people not to request the song. They really want to see ATD and ATDW fail cos that will mean they were right. They don't want success for Clay...they only want success for Clay on their terms.

I predict for the next week or so every possible negative press will be hgihlighted as if thsi was somewhat unusual, as proof that RCA is hurting Clay...every positive press...will be ignored.

well...I for one am praying that we do get airplay...I for one hope that 2 more singles will be brought out...and Clay get as much sale from ATDW as possible.

Just so much freakin' WORD here. I'm a fan -- and that to me means that I can't dictate a thing to Clay and those around him. If I don't like something that the object of affection does, I tend to fade away from that fandom (for me, Harrison Ford -- I haven't liked movie of his in several years, and didn't see most of them....) If someone doesn't like ATDW -- that's their right, and they can sure say it if they want. But why push that agenda (and that's how I see it) if there are others who DO like it?

I want Clay successful -- because I want him around for a long time. And he will be -- I have faith. I also believe that ATDW has been successful, as a gold album. *shrug*

:D Howdy all....I just got off the phone with muski and i didn't realize that i'm already a member at this loverly place. I love the fresh air! And couch, you know I love you! Is it okay for me to just drop in and post like this? Is there hazing or initiation or something? I'll just pretend I have a little beanie on. :blink::blink:

Hey diva!! whoo hoo..stop in any time...although.hmmmm I kinda like that hazing idea. heee

I love my Divayenta and her lovely lovely husband.

uh...I'm working on adding emoticons so I'm messing up crap right now..will fix in a minute. And will add more later.

:D Howdy all....I just got off the phone with muski and i didn't realize that i'm already a member at this loverly place. I love the fresh air! And couch, you know I love you! Is it okay for me to just drop in and post like this? Is there hazing or initiation or something? I'll just pretend I have a little beanie on. :blink::blink:

Hey Divayenta!!!!

hee...just jump right in and post. The discussion can be lively...and smutty...and snarky.

hope you post more often.

Heh..Diva didn't waste much time, did she, after getting off the phone with me.. ;) Woo hoo! [b/YSRN AND Diva! We hit the jackpot today, women! B)

Waiting for my teenager to get all spiffed up for her interview at a local coffeehouse...hope she gets it; she really wants to earn some money at a 'real' job (She's already a sideline referee for the younger kids' soccer games and did a drama production internship last summer), so I hope she gets this one.

I think my eye will be fine after some time...it's more of a dull ache now instead of a sharp hideous pain.

Hmmm...that description reminds me of my first foray into the world of sexual intercourse. :P

I think my eye will be fine after some time...it's more of a dull ache now instead of a sharp hideous pain.

Hmmm...that description reminds me of my first foray into the world of sexual intercourse. :P

your eye hurt after that???? Hmmm you couldn;t have been doing it right!!! :em0100:

hey just found this huge guy in emoticon holding cell...thoguth we can get him to play...

:3:

EEEEEEEEEE some positive news on the radio front...some reports of ATD radio play...

From CV via CH:

moonhead wrote:

Yes, KKCW (Portland) showed up today as a Format Starter for "A Thousand Days" with 3 spins. They did not play "Without You", but they did play Clay's Christmas music. In addition to KKCW and KUDL, there are 3 other stations playing "A Thousand Days" also, but each has only given it 1 spin, so until they give it another spin and show up as a Format Starter...I can't tell who they are.

Clayscience wrote:

For those interested, "A Thousand Days" was just played on WTCB, Columbia, SC (showed up on yes.com).

Clayscience wrote:

WSRS in Worcester has played "A Thousand Days" at least 3 - 4 times last week according to Rhustress at CB. In fact, they gave the first spin to "A Thousand Days". But they are in a temporary studio right now and so the spins may not be registering as they should.

so if y'all see anymore reports as you visit other boards just bring them over...

I would love to keep collecting good news!!!! Its out there...we just have to pay attention!!!

WEEEEEEEEE this could be fun!!!!

You know, I want ATD to be HUGE on the radio (and I don't even like the song...) - just to shut the "RCA/Clive will never support Clay" people up!

Oh - get this. Someone at EAYOR was actually complaining and was disappointed more people weren't all upset about the Globe trash!!! :mallet:

LOVE the new emotions! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:bigemo_harabe_net-24: :fncomputer: These too will come in handy I'm sure!

So many new faces - and you all seem to know each other. I'm beginning to feel like the odd woman out....... :cry4:

But I'm sure I'll get over it. :rainbowsmile:

Edited by Claygasm

Waves to Divayenta

Well, this is the place where fans come to play - so shouldn't we have a play emoticon?

EmoticonRingAround.gif

Not taht I am obsessed about Play-ing or anything.

ETA - yeah, Claygasm, like Clay being accused of being fat is really bad or something, heh.

Edited by playbiller