#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I haven't seen those movies yet, but I always find Clay references everywhere. Our local radio station plays all "oldies" and I think of Clay every time I hear a song he sang on the JBT. Of course, I always think he did it better!

Just wanted to let you know that I have finally finished listening to Hark the Herald Angels Sing - O Come All Ye Faithful (boy that's a mouthful) heh The recommended versions are now in the correct forum. I have to say that I am still amazed by the Long Island videos. Even though it was not in my Top 3, that is a totally awesome performance. He just poured his heart & soul into it and gave us his best even though he was feeling so bad.

I wuv him! :large-smiley-003:

That is one GIANT smiley!

Just bopping in while hubby's cake is baking....

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

gma23boys, glad to see you posting!

OK, cake almost done....gotta see what you guys did to the last thread though....

ETA after reading the last thread....for those wanting just picture avatars, photobucket has made it incredibly easy. When you upload the picture to your photobucket account, look for the "Uploading options" link directly underneath where you would tell the account where the photo is located on your computer. One of the choices is "avatar." Select your option FIRST, before uploading the picture. Photobucket automatically resizes the photo to the correct size for a message board avatar. They also give you options for thumbnails, email size, message board size, and two different wallpaper sizes with the free account. Oh, and after you've uploaded an avatar, if you upload another picture that you want in somewhat regular size, don't forget to change the upload options again -- photobucket holds on to the last size you uploaded.

If you want a moveable avatar -- well, I can't make them. I think I've heard you need special software to make them. I personally "borrow" them from others who create them. There are places to get them, PM me for details.

:allgood: It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day oh neighbor, would you be mine? Could you be mine? (Clay's next single off his forthcoming children's album /my delusion).

I had to laugh when I read about relating things to Clay 'cos I just never do that.....except NOT!

Examples:

How about those Redskins?

In my head: Is Clay's red?

Global warming threatens world!! (and I am rather impassioned about this topic)

IMH: Singer Aiken's hotness contributes! :hubbahubba:

Tune in to Golden Globes Monday night!

IMH: 'Nuff said!

Back to bed because I don't feel so hot. Hope to get a walk and some birdwatching later on this spring-er-wintry day !

Hugs! Who are the Pod People other than the Bodysnatcher ones? Version with Jeff Goldblum scariest ever!

Well people from FCA come from different Clay sites and we've noticed the same things...

People are so busy being bitter and angry and spending all their time fixating on every thing that Clay either didn't get, another Idol did get, conspiracy theory A, B or C they can't enjoy what's in front of them for more than 2 seconds. Good news go ignored. Things that Clay says that don't fit the theory are spin. Those are the pod people.

Do I think everything is peachy keen between Clay and RCA or that he had the best PR there was to have or that things could not have been handled better? No. Is it just as possible that a large company like the BMG group was just ineffective in their planning (like they are with the majority of their talent) rather than the evil CEO spends all his time coming up with ways to hurt Clay? Yes. . Do I think Clay is a wimp being led around by the hand, silenced and unable to contribute to his own career, told what to say and not to say at every turn? No. He's a strong man in a man's world with all the facts at his disposal and will do what is necessary to ensure his longevity. I won't be surprised if he stays with RCA forever or walks away next week. I also think he is a great judge of character and knows every rat in his circle, if indeed there are any. I'm certainly not about to be upset on his behalf based on stuff I have no knowledge of.

Maybe I need to put this in the FAQ hee.

Here we want to know it all, and we can get in to some serious dicussion without letting the negative overwhelm us every single day. At least that's what we try to do.

Welcome gma...new thread..perfect time to jump right in.

And LOL Divayenta...has anyone ever called someone else Clay? heee I've done that a couple of times. Oops.

People are so busy being bitter and angry and spending all their time fixating on every thing that Clay either didn't get, another Idol did get, conspiracy theory A, B or C they can't enjoy what's in front of them for more than 2 seconds. Good news go ignored. Things that Clay says that don't fit the theory are spin. Those are the pod people.

Do I think everything is peachy keen between Clay and RCA or that he had the best PR there was to have or that things could not have been handled better? No. Is it just as possible that a large company like the BMG group was just ineffective in their planning (like they are with the majority of their talent) rather than the evil CEO spends all his time coming up with ways to hurt Clay? Yes. . Do I think Clay is a wimp being led around by the hand, silenced and unable to contribute to his own career, told what to say and not to say at every turn? No. He's a strong man in a man's world with all the facts at his disposal and will do what is necessary to ensure his longevity. I won't be surprised if he stays with RCA forever or walks away next week. I also think he is a great judge of character and knows every rat in his circle, if indeed there are any. I'm certainly not about to be upset on his behalf based on stuff I have no knowledge of.

Maybe I need to put this in the FAQ hee.

Great explanation, couchie. And I do believe we need it in the FAQ!

has anyone ever called someone else Clay? heee I've done that a couple of times. Oops.

BWAH, yep. My youngest son gets quite up.set when I do that! :angry2:

Hee, I printed out the "show all" emoticons page, and it took 18 printer pages! That way, I can use the :code: at work without displaying images. :00000442:

ETA:

When you upload the picture to your photobucket account, look for the "Uploading options" link directly underneath where you would tell the account where the photo is located on your computer. One of the choices is "avatar." Select your option FIRST, before uploading the picture. Photobucket automatically resizes the photo to the correct size for a message board avatar.

Thanks, I never knew that!

Edited by luckiest1

Now I know why I feel comfortable posting here!

:clap:

As for being obsessed and thinking about Clay all the time...no not me!

obsessivefan.gif

Edited by merrieeee

Since this board is called Finding Clay Aiken, I think we should be looking for him.

eyes3.gif

Anyone seen him lately?

I don't se a weakling when I look at Clay. I see someone who started in this business with not a lot of knowledge, but seems to learn from everything. I am surprised that everyone, including people who don't like Clay or just don't likethe album don't see the remarkable grwoth that he made in recording that album and seems to have translated a bit to his executive producer status with the EP. To me this is a big deal, but I guess different people have different goals for him (rock!Star!Clay). I like Ttaking Over!bit!by!bit! Clay. I think he is learning to control his own career.

I also believe that he has decided that he can't control his fans, except on his own board, and he has come to accept it, but does tend to mock us a bit. I think he also has just accepted there will always be crap - I do think he is laching about that Fat Clay story though - ANd he just decided too boring, got beter things to do. Too bad a few of his fans can not take his lead and just ignore the crap and celebrate the good.

I wonder what EP does mean for Clay besides the title.

I know two others have quoted this already. I just thought it needed to be seen one.more.time.

Now I know why I feel comfortable posting here!

:clap:

As for being obsessed and thinking about Clay all the time...no not me!

obsessivefan.gif

First of all, LURVE the obsessive fan emoticon. That's so true....

...and it kind of ties into my next thought. Here we are talking about seeing a movie, or TV show, or hearing a song, and thinking of Clay. I find that a fun form of obsession. But I've observed what seems to be what I call "carryover" obsession. It seems to me that some in the fandom are just as obsessed with Clive Davis as they are with Clay Aiken. They keep scouring websites and news sources for information on him as much as they do Clay, and they analyze HIS words, trying to make them fit the Clay Aiken world. Listen -- how many artists are in the RCA/BMG roster? You would think Clive's not thinking about Clay every single waking moment. I would venture a guess that Clay doesn't think about Clive in the same manner either.

My point (and I do have one) is that the obsession over Clay spills into almost any and everyone connected with him. Right now, the focus seems to be on Clive, but I've seen the same phenomenon with Amber, John D, Nick, sweater girl, and a few others. Clay's family seems to be a bit off limits for some reason (although that could be it just doesn't get posted on message boards...) I just find it all a bit weird, I guess.

And LOL Divayenta...has anyone ever called someone else Clay? heee I've done that a couple of times. Oops.

I've not done this...yet. Thank God.

I like the emoticons....but I'm going to have to study them for appropriate use. I honestly don't think I'll be using them that much for a while. It will be a new skill set for me to learn, I guess....hee.

I don't se a weakling when I look at Clay. I see someone who started in this business with not a lot of knowledge, but seems to learn from everything. I am surprised that everyone, including people who don't like Clay or just don't likethe album don't see the remarkable grwoth that he made in recording that album and seems to have translated a bit to his executive producer status with the EP. To me this is a big deal, but I guess different people have different goals for him (rock!Star!Clay). I like Ttaking Over!bit!by!bit! Clay. I think he is learning to control his own career.

Exactly! And the thing is -- everyone with a professional career starts this way. If some would look at their own career paths, they'd probably remember that it took more than a few years to learn many of the basics that they needed in their jobs to be successful. Clay's only been in the music business for 3 1/2 years now -- and I see him as still learning. He DID make a great jump this past year with what seems to be his input on ATDW and AIW. Doesn't mean his job is done and he should automatically become fantastically successful. Everyone keeps on learning, growing, and changing. Clay's done a lot here, but I see the potential for even more, and I can't wait to see what he's got up his sleeve next.

And Clay a weakling? Fat freakin' chance. He's not a victim, never will be. He's too smart for that.

I AM SO SICK OF ALL THE CLIVE HATE I COULD SCREAM!!!!!! :scream:

Am I a Clive lover? No, but I am not a Clive hater either. But how can people constantly say how bad he is at his job? He has had a very long, very storied career. He is respected within the industry. He knows a hell of a lot more about the recording industry than anyone on any Clay fan board - and I would even venture to say more than Clay, Jaymes or David Foster.

Does that mean he's never made a mistake in his career? Of course not. Who in any business has never made a mistake, or a misjudgement? Especially in such a subjective and changing industry.

Do I think he's too old to do his job. No, I don't. Just because he's old doesn't make him stupid or out of touch.

On the surface it certainly looks like he misjudged what Clay's target audience wanted on this album, but since none of us were sitting in on their meeting when the idea of covers was decided, I don't know all that went into making that decision. I very much doubt Clive walked into the room, told Clay and Jaymes they were doing a covers album and walked out. I suspect a lot more went into the decision than that. Who knows. Maybe this album was part of a deal concerning the next album? We don't know. We'll likely never know.

Do I believe Clive purposely "mandated" a covers album for Clay in an attempt to destroy his career? NO!!!!!!! I think that notion is absurd.

Do I think Clay hates Clive and thinks him evil? No. I think Clay has a lot of respect for Clive. Does that mean he always agrees with him? No. But you can still respect and admire people you don't always agree with.

I have always thought there was more to this covers album than meets the eye - and none of it evil. Clay just seemed too genuinely happy and confident for it to be otherwise. I have no idea what it could be, and may never know. Its just a feeling.

I know some of those who either didn't like ATDW, or are disappointed with its sales, NEED to blame someone, make someone the evil-doer who forced poor little Clay to do an album Clay hates (even though I don't believe he hates this album. I think he's very proud of it. Did he want to do a covers album this time? Probably not. But that doesn't mean he isn't proud of the finished product.). But to trash a career that, IMO, is inarguably steller because they didn't like the choices made for this album is absurd.

:fca:

Why do I go to the lands of the pop people?????? :breakpc2:

Because we occasionally have a masochistic streak?

Well, hell, y'all know how I feel about things to do with Clay, Clive and pod people...

Clay Aiken (and certain charming elements of the fandom) is still more fun to me than not...and I plan to keep it that way.

Today seems to be an exceptionally pod alien31.gif day. Too bad I can't use this. attitude20.gif

Guess it is time to go walk the dog and get my life into action - all ornaments and lights will be put in the attic today! See ya later.

Edited by playbiller

WORD to Couchie on the pod people definition.

although I got to add...that simply worrying that the conspiracy theories might be true or hoping that Clay is leaving RCA and going with DF is not enough to make a pod person. Its the certainty that they are right and not wanting to entertain any other possiblity...its the twisting everything that happens to fit their chosen scenario and ignoring anything that does not fit...is what makes a true pod person for me.

...and it kind of ties into my next thought. Here we are talking about seeing a movie, or TV show, or hearing a song, and thinking of Clay. I find that a fun form of obsession. But I've observed what seems to be what I call "carryover" obsession. It seems to me that some in the fandom are just as obsessed with Clive Davis as they are with Clay Aiken. They keep scouring websites and news sources for information on him as much as they do Clay, and they analyze HIS words, trying to make them fit the Clay Aiken world. Listen -- how many artists are in the RCA/BMG roster? You would think Clive's not thinking about Clay every single waking moment. I would venture a guess that Clay doesn't think about Clive in the same manner either.

My point (and I do have one) is that the obsession over Clay spills into almost any and everyone connected with him. Right now, the focus seems to be on Clive, but I've seen the same phenomenon with Amber, John D, Nick, sweater girl, and a few others. Clay's family seems to be a bit off limits for some reason (although that could be it just doesn't get posted on message boards...) I just find it all a bit weird, I guess.

So true...my one frustration is that every idol thread is getting closely monitored by pop people, not because thy are interetes in these people but to watch and see what they get that Clay didn;t...or how they are being treated better than Clay etc. its hard to make an observation without some people poincing on it and relating it to Clay...sigh.

yes I did...called my hubby clay when talking to my MIL....it was ignored by both of us...but how embarassing is that.

Why do I go to the lands of the pop people?????? :breakpc2:

hee aside from the masochistic streak suggested by Kandre... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I really think its because we don't want to be insular either. We need to know what is out there.

so yeah its frustrating out there...the important thing is we don;t wallow in it and that we have fun as much as we can.

I find this guy really endearing... :allgood:

and I super love this...

attitude20.gif

BTW...I;m glad some lurkers are coming out...come on in join the discussion. We don't bite really...even if you disagree... :allgood:

OK, what the hell is IPB image!?!?!?!?

??? where do you see this...

Why, yes...I'm procrastinating...is that a problem? play I applaud you for your goal of getting ornaments, etc., back into their corners. :clap: ..I'm sure I'll take care of that here, too... :soon:

It's 2:24 pm here and I'm just now available for myself. Indoor soccer game, clothes/shoes shopping for and with kids, Office Max for school project materials.

So...gonna sit down, peruse the insert junk in the Sunday paper and...

write...I hope. :loveletter:

Wouldn't be surprised, however, if this happens--- :couch1:

LOVE the emoticons, couchie! :F_05BL17blowkiss: But where the hell is the whistling guy? :abuser: