#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Man, I need to stop going to bed so early...all the good smut comes out after midnight.

Of course, that means I wake up with a smile on my face. :D

For those interested, here is the KUDL playing of ATD, with intro. (YouSendIt file) The DJ gushes over Clay. Ya gotta like that.

I've still got a smile on my face from the news about The View. He'll do wonderfully.

"Reflect, Renew, Rejoice"

Yep, I really like this too -- although I'm still kinda in love with "Boyfriend has body and sheen, y'all" from strummer. :D

*big squishes to atinal* I may be trying to see you soon....

Yep, I really like this too -- although I'm still kinda in love with "Boyfriend has body and sheen, y'all" from strummer. :D

Maybe we could combine them: Reflect, Renew, Rejoice because Boyfriend has body and sheen, y'all! :lol:

Holey Crap - I just went to the OFC - who the hell are these People?

Rosie is not Christian enough for him? Are they still stuck on Saint Clay and not realize that this is heresy?

Play, please tell me you're kidding! Not "Christian" enough for him? People have to pass a "Christian" test to work with Clay or be his friend??? Now that is scary!

Maybe we could combine them: Reflect, Renew, Rejoice because Boyfriend has body and sheen, y'all! :lol:

Hee. I actually thought about that....and then maybe we could add "Lather, Rinse, Repeat..."

Rosie is not Christian enough for him? Are they still stuck on Saint Clay and not realize that this is heresy?

Play, please tell me you're kidding! Not "Christian" enough for him? People have to pass a "Christian" test to work with Clay or be his friend??? Now that is scary!

*insert major eye roll here*

I am a Christian (although the way I enjoy smut around here, you probably wouldn't know it. God's gonna have a talkin' to me...heh...). I've almost always appreciated the way he talks about his faith and its role in his life. But c'mon -- it's really not for me to judge who is in his life, and what faith they are. The world is made up of a diverse population, and I realize that. Clay does too, IMO...and so this attitude bugs the crap out of me. OTOH, I don't want him to drop his Christianity either, unless he feels the need to do so. I've gotten the impression from just as many on the other side that his Christianity is holding him back in some way, and that it's a foolish notion. Nope, IMO -- it's just HIM. It's a part of his being. To me, he does a pretty good job of the balancing act between the two sides, and I'm not going to give him any guff over any part of it.

[/soap box]

Mornin' y'all!

That mouth of his---those lips. Every part of his body just seems so.....agile, you know?
GUH! Clean up in aisle 6!!!!!!

HA! The "Christian" test can only take place after a "potential" friend or colleague has passed the:

- Do you hate Clive Davis test.

- Do you hate Kathy Griffin test.

- Do you hate Kelly Ripa test.

- Did you used to hate but now you love Jimmy Kimmel test.

- Do you think AI is poison to Clay's career test.

- Do you think everyone and their brother is out to get Clay test.

- If you're a girl, are you just ugly enough to not be a real threat to my chances with Clay test.

- If you're a boy, are you "manly" enough to ensure that there will be no possibility of the word "gay" being uttered anywhere in the vicinity of Clay test ;)

- Do you think Clay is perfect and an angel and can do no wrong test.

- Do you second guess everything Clay says and know in your heart that you know what's best for Clay better than he does test.

(yes, you have to pass BOTH those last two at the same time)

The above is intended as snark. No one other than pod people were harmed in the making of this list. :P OK, I had no idea I woke up so bitter this morning. Heh. I think I'll go back to muski's parting thoughts from last night....

That mouth of his---those lips. Every part of his body just seems so.....agile, you know?

Hee. I actually thought about that....and then maybe we could add "Lather, Rinse, Repeat..."

I like that...unless any other cool suggestions comes up...we have our next thread title...thanks for making it easy on the admins... :D

*insert major eye roll here*

I agree...scary stuff. I think one of the reasons why Clay gets the flak he does is the notion that he fans are these kind of "Christians", judgemental, narrow minded bigots. Clay is soooo not like that. These are the kind of fans that I hope Clay would piss off. He already indicated in his writings and his words that he is not narrow minded like them...

I am a Christian (although the way I enjoy smut around here, you probably wouldn't know it. God's gonna have a talkin' to me...heh...).

oh you'll be fine..If God had a problem with smutt he wouldn't have made it so enjoyable... :D

I've almost always appreciated the way he talks about his faith and its role in his life. But c'mon -- it's really not for me to judge who is in his life, and what faith they are. The world is made up of a diverse population, and I realize that. Clay does too, IMO...and so this attitude bugs the crap out of me. OTOH, I don't want him to drop his Christianity either, unless he feels the need to do so. I've gotten the impression from just as many on the other side that his Christianity is holding him back in some way, and that it's a foolish notion. Nope, IMO -- it's just HIM. It's a part of his being. To me, he does a pretty good job of the balancing act between the two sides, and I'm not going to give him any guff over any part of it.

If people really paid attention to what Clay has said about his faith...they would know that he would be appalled by their attitude.

BWAHVO stitchie...

thats pretty great snark...heh

I love it!!!!

but what is snark??? hmmm

Good morning everyone... hmmm could I pass the test os Stitchie's

- Do you hate Clive Davis test. - NO but he scares the hell out of me...looks like a ghoul

- Do you hate Kathy Griffin test. - YES

- Do you hate Kelly Ripa test. - Are you kidding? Gave Clay best publicity he's seen since AI5 appearance

- Did you used to hate but now you love Jimmy Kimmel test? Never hated Jimmy, don't love him now. .

- Do you think AI is poison to Clay's career test. - NO

- Do you think everyone and their brother is out to get Clay test. NO

- If you're a girl, are you just ugly enough to not be a real threat to my chances with Clay test. LOL nope, I'm all for the non threatening Klystie...is that how you do it?

- If you're a boy, are you "manly" enough to ensure that there will be no possibility of the word "gay" being uttered anywhere in the vicinity of Clay test ;) - all you need is a dick, hell maybe even a mustauche, and if you're near Clay Aiken, the hatehs will have a story, so can't rule out anyone working with Clay

- Do you think Clay is perfect and an angel and can do no wrong test.- YES..heeee

- Do you second guess everything Clay says and know in your heart that you know what's best for Clay better than he does test. - Well when Clay says anything I subtract 3 add 56 - 20 and if he's plus or minus 150 then my guess is he's right.

Do you grade on a curve?

Good morning everyone... hmmm could I pass the test os Stitchie's

- Do you hate Clive Davis test. - NO but he scares the hell out of me...looks like a ghoul

- Do you hate Kathy Griffin test. - YES

- Do you hate Kelly Ripa test. - Are you kidding? Gave Clay best publicity he's seen since AI5 appearance

- Did you used to hate but now you love Jimmy Kimmel test? Never hated Jimmy, don't love him now. .

- Do you think AI is poison to Clay's career test. - NO

- Do you think everyone and their brother is out to get Clay test. NO

- If you're a girl, are you just ugly enough to not be a real threat to my chances with Clay test. LOL nope, I'm all for the non threatening Klystie...is that how you do it?

- If you're a boy, are you "manly" enough to ensure that there will be no possibility of the word "gay" being uttered anywhere in the vicinity of Clay test ;) - all you need is a dick, hell maybe even a mustauche, and if you're near Clay Aiken, the hatehs will have a story, so can't rule out anyone working with Clay

- Do you think Clay is perfect and an angel and can do no wrong test.- YES..heeee

- Do you second guess everything Clay says and know in your heart that you know what's best for Clay better than he does test. - Well when Clay says anything I subtract 3 add 56 - 20 and if he's plus or minus 150 then my guess is he's right.

Do you grade on a curve?

BWAH!!!!

I am glad there are so many smart and funny people in this board...cos I can;t go anywere close to that ...

I ain't snarky and I am barely smutty...but I love it when others are... :D

BWAH! Excellent response, Couchie. Now please hand in your Claymate card, pronto! lmao.gif

WHEW! Thanks for responding ladies. I was a little nervous attempting the snark so early without enough coffee for the first time in a sandbox I'm just starting to play in when I don't really know how to do snark anyway! WHEW!

Edited by institches

::tackles stitchie:: It's sooooooo great to have you back! And people, I can verify that she is indeed as cute in person as she is in that picture with Clay. :D

Hee, ansa, you called? I've been pondering the true definition of "snark" this morning, because I am not so sure it is used correctly across all boards. :P

I looked it up on Google and came up with these (sometimes spot on and sometimes amusing)

definitions from the Urban Dictionary. Heh, don't miss #10:

1. Snarky - (adjective) describes a witty mannerism, personality, or

behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually

accepted as a complimentary term. Snark is sometimes mistaken for a

snotty or arrogant attitude. (me - heh, ya think??????)

2. Snarky - Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments

containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony.

Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of

context and intended to stun and amuse. Origin: Snark="snide remark".

3. Snarky - Critical in a curmudgeonly sort of way.

4. Snarky - words that are intended to both impress and belittle

someone at the same time

5. Snarky - subversive, sneaky, clever, mean

6. Snarky - Slang: Irritable or short-tempered.

7. Snarky - I find so many of these definitions funny. Back in 1974, My

father and several Canadian and British colleagues of his made up the

word "Snarky". It was a slang term that they coined during a session of

interviewing a number of candidates in Toronto for sales and marketing

positions in their company and, in particular, one woman had a bitchy,

defensive demeanor. They found her quite amusing and tried to think of

a word to describe her. She was like a little yappy dog with an edge...

snippy... barking... which finally became "snarky". After moving back

to the states in '78, this new word was then used by my dad and his

associates in many conversations with advertising executives at Grey,

Lintas, DDB Needham, SSC&B in New York and Chicago. It started to catch

on, but rather slowly, in the advertising community. I continued to use

the word to describe certain individuals while in college and then

working at some major magazines at Conde Nast and Hachette Filipacchi

in the 80's and early 90's. Still, many people had never really heard

the word and this was in the New York media. I explained that

ultimately, "snarky" was a family sniglet. It was invented to be a

nicer way to describe someone that was "bitchy". It really began to

catch on when my friends in the ad world and magazine world started to

use it with some degree of regularity and finally a number of folks in

editorial started using it in their articles or stories. It has since

gathered many more synonyms likening it to sarcasm and haughtyness to

describe and define it... but the snippy and yappy young woman at the

interview in the 70's is the inspiration for the origin and definition

of the word SNARKY!

8. Snarky - Current mood where a person is feeling negative. Usually

bitchy, angry, and amused feelings are interlaced.

ex. I'm feeling snarky. I'm going to now humiliate that newbie who was

so incredibly stupid, and too lazy, to go look at the FAQs section.

9. Snarky - Basically acting like someone PMSing and bitching about

everything.

10. Snarky - When giving a blow job, the giver starts laughing, causing

love gravy to spurt out their nose.

*shouts "Thank you" to stitchie for her writings*

If that's what you come up without having too much coffee -- I may have to hide your coffee stash. OTOH, as a person who lives with a coffee addict, that's probably not a good idea, eh?

couchie, I think your answers pretty much mirror mine, although I always thought that when Clay said something, we needed to take the square root of Pi and then add the number of years difference between your birth year and Clay's to get what he really said.

Smut, snark, love for Clay Aiken -- gosh, what a novel concept. :P

Number 10 on that list though -- ewwwwwww.

ETA: never really minded the Claymate term at all. It's not what I'd choose, per se...but I don't get my panties in a bunch over it either. *shrug*

BWAH! Excellent response, Couchie. Now please hand in your Claymate card, pronto! lmao.gif

WHEW! Thanks for responding ladies. I was a little nervous attempting the snark so early without enough coffee for the first time in a sandbox I'm just starting to play in when I don't really know how to do snark anyway! WHEW!

Heee.. I won't be handing over the claymate card. I know smart intelligent women everywhere hate the term..but not me. I used to be just ambivalent about it... like it's out there, it's catchy, it's cute... now I'm a freakin' Claymate. What of it. Heee. Don't hurt me (cuz I know some of you hate it) but isn't diversity grand. HA,,,, dang, this weekend, new emoticons..my mission. Why did I hate these before ....Oh I know. 20 in a post can be a bit much. heee

Great post Lucky...Snark is a double edged sword. I'm seeing that some people don't like it when Clay uses it, and he's a freakin' master. But it certainly is used enough on him all the time....in love of course. Bwah.

Hmmm #10 - learn something new every day.

Love the snark, Couchie! So, terribly true!

Claymate? I don't use it myself, and I understand why many prefer other terms, but I've always been amazed at the deep-seated hatred some seem to have for it. There are those who seem to want Clay to make it his mission to abolish its use in the press. Huh? It's not that big a deal.

Interesting info on the word "snarky," luckiest!

Edited by JennaZ

institches, you beat me to it! LOVE GRAVY?!?!?

gawd...that's just all kinds of gross....

<(muski scurries to cross out 'love gravy' from her list of sexual reference euphemisms always handy when writing chapters :unsure: )>

Now...there's a test to see if I'm a Clay fan? OOOOH! Does Teacher!Clay! administer said test? Are there hands-on applications to be completed? If I miss a question, does Teacher!Clay! keep me after class for one-on-one tutoring?

All I can say is if I EVER discover anyone whose stupid posts about Clay's crotch being front and center cause Clay to start covering said crotch... :angry:

If I EVER meet that person..... :ph34r:

Will you all visit me in prison? And bring CLACK? Crotch CLACK? B)

Edited by muskifest

Hey I am smart and intelligent but I don;t hate the term Claymate...

I understand why some people hate it but I know it will not go away...so I can just accept that.

eta: don;t worry about that muski...I don't think Clay will ever let a few fans opinion dictate what he does. I think he likes saying the word crotch... :D

Oooh. I have terrible thoughts about "love gravy" (trying desparately not to think of the word "lumpy"). EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Snarky is way older than 1974 no matter what the urban dictionary thinks (From dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from Dutch and Low German snorken, of imitative origin)

Do you hate Clive Davis test.

No. He was a bad minion. Started out good with the "Give Clay a self-made unofficial double platinum plaque" thingie (Remember? Everyone looooooved Clive-baby then!) - but once you start giving thingies, you have to keep giving thingies!

Do you hate Kathy Griffin test.

She hasn't been funny since NewsRadio, and was a weak member of the cast then. Don't care about KG.

Do you hate Kelly Ripa test.

Yes. Because she's a stupid skank. If she were a smart skank, it would be different. I don't think she can change the skanky thing, though.

Did you used to hate but now you love Jimmy Kimmel test.

I don't hate him as much as I did during the Man Show. And he makes people stand around too long in heels.

Do you think AI is poison to Clay's career test.

You mean beyond that fact that AI started Clay's current career?

Do you think everyone and their brother is out to get Clay test.

Hell, I am - why should any of y'all be any different? Yes, I want to get me some Clay!

If you're a girl, are you just ugly enough to not be a real threat to my chances with Clay test.

BWAH! Chick, I love ya, but Clay is MINE! MINE, I tell you! MINE!

If you're a boy, are you "manly" enough to ensure that there will be no possibility of the word "gay" being uttered anywhere in the vicinity of Clay test.

I think I'm missing the dangly bits, so no I am not manly enough. Sorry. I have bouncy bits though.

Do you think Clay is perfect and an angel and can do no wrong test.

KAndre temporarily looks up from reading muski's magnum opus and says, "Huh?"

Do you second guess everything Clay says and know in your heart that you know what's best for Clay better than he does test.

But I do that for EVERYBODY!

So what's my score? Do I get a cookie? A macadamia nut cookie? With chocolate chunks!

Oh yeah.

KAndre carefully wraps police tape saying "merrieeee, slowly back away while carefully maintaining eye contact" - hey, it's custom police tape! - around the OFC...

From merryclay at CV via CH:

I just saw a promo for Trump and Rosie and Clay and Kelly stuff. I think it's about TV arguments. This was for today on Inside Edition.

According to their website, the top story is "Celebrity Feuds" and the short video clip has a few seconds of Clay from the 2003 AMA's. Inside Edition site

its also goign to be on AH>>>

Access Hollywood

Rosie Wants A Donald Grump Duet, Reuniting With Clay

In other Rosie related news, she let slip on her Web site that she'll soon be reuniting with Clay Aiken. He will co-host "The View," "soon," she posted.

<snipping rehash of ripagate>

Couchie, as you consider changing around emoticons, I hope you keep this one: :kotz0:

It's relevant when contemplating the upcoming AI6 season and regular doses of Simon Cowell that that will entail, not to mention any more references to number 10. EEEWWWWWW.... :blink:

=====================

JennaZ, EmeraldEyes from CV was wondering about where you were. She says "Hi."

=====================

Yup, I think Clay will get a ton of mileage from his View gig. The interest in that show is red-hot right now. And no way do I think Rosie's blog mention was just a casual "Oops, let the cat out of the bag" dealie. I'm sure it was pretty well agreed on and orchestrated before hand by the parties involved.

JennaZ, EmeraldEyes from CV was wondering about where you were. She says "Hi."

Tee hee... I've been hiding out here. :D However, maybe I'll sneak back and say "Hi" back.

Amazing how quickly The View engagement became news. Looks like there could be quite a bit of promotion for that appearance.

Wonder if The Donald will call in while Clay's on the show. :lol:

And couchie...remember my long-time NEED to have a whistling emoticon in FCA's library...and we need some sort of drooler or thudder or something that says GAH!, doncha think?

"Lonely No MOre" is playing now here at my desk and I'm thinking how much I'd LOVE to know exactly in what way Clay was a 'co-writer' of this song---Did he add some lyrics or tweak them? Did he write them and get tweaked (gah)? Did he have input (gah) into the actual melody/music---tempo, bridge, harmonies, etc?

The idea of Clay in the studio playing around (gah) with the music and words and trying this and that (gah) with other talented musical artists is all kinds of hot to me.

Yeah, I know. Most things CLay-related are all kinds of hot to me. :glare: B)