#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I find myself laughing as I read how people are disappointed there won't be any tour until the summer. ANd they are upset because doesn't he realize people are waiting to make their vacation plans????

Um, where did he say he was touring this summer? He just said he was preparing for events this summer and beyond this summer. Sure, that could mean a tour. It could also mean another trip for UNICEF. Or it could mean going to Asia to promote ATDW. Or it could mean he'll be recording another album. Or he'll be starting his talk show. Or any of a thousand other things.

Now, I want a tour as much as anyone, and frankly the summer or beyond is better for me, but I wouldn't be planning my vacation around it!

At least not until he actually says its a tour and we get a schedule.... :lol:

Have no fear - the pod people ignore me, I am a person frequently scrolled by, a nothing in this world.

Girl, you are on a freaking roll today. ;)

Yup she is...what a hoot..

I guess for some...the fact that he gave a quote means we are supposed to read between the lines. He wants us to speculate...he wants us to wonder why this quote now...

WRONG...he wants us to READ the quote and learn from the words...its pretty plain and upfront...just read the LINES...not around...between or under.

yeah...although I think its a tour too...but it is important not to think he actually said that and then get upset later when it turns out to be something else.

I have read some very interesting and thoughtful posts here today (and some other ones too*g*). I think I’ll spend some more time over here. See Kandre & playbiller I listen!

I have always been a sort of a “glass is half full” kind of a person, heck I really am more of a “glass is completely full” gal if the truth is known! I tend to always look on the bright side. I have never read anything into anyone's posts. I tend to take what ever is written at face value. Nothing hidden! So I guess I must not be as smart as some people because whenever Clay blogs I read it, digest it, try to understand it and move on! I don’t look for hidden meanings or messages just Clay writing a nice message. Does that make me shallow? I didn’t think so but then I start reading things that others have read in(to) the post and I am completely mystified because I did not see what they saw at all!

I know nothing about marketing, the record biz, the news media or the insides of TV.

All I want is for Clay to keep making me feel the way I have done since he came into my life, so full of joy and happiness that sometimes I can’t stand it. I have given up trying to make sense of it ….I just go with the flow. I don’t care how long it takes before he tours again or brings out a new record and I don’t care who the record company is. I am just a fan!!!! It’s his life and I am very privileged to be along for the ride!

I have made some great friends, met some nice people and hope to continue doing so! I am having more fun in my life than I ever thought possible. What more could I ask for?

Hee It took me a while to figure out who you guys meant by Pod People and now I have, I figure I’m probably safe from abduction after this post*g*

Thisis sort of addressed to KAndre, but to anyone else who was thinking of my clack.....

Well, even if there is a possible demise of me - either cooked or not - I expect that legally Fear has first choice of my stuff, she has been eyeing my platinum issue of Billboard for 3 years now. I don't have a lot of duplicate stuff (anymore). but what I have is primo.

Something Clack related that is rather odd, yet funny and happened last week. I offered up the Kmart CD and offered to burn the song weeks ago, so people don't have to bother downloading it and someone PM'd me just asking for the burned copy of the song and of LAA, and then asked me for two rather valuable pieces of clack, that I just happen to have 2 of (yet) and asked me to send her those as well - I am still trying to figure out 1) how someone can have that kind of nerve or ignorance, and 2) be able to identify clack that I have never discussed having on any board, and that I have duplicate yet - it was just so weird, that I blew her off. I know it is not any who would really know because they are not members of that board. The freaky stuff that happens in the fandom, huh?

If anyone is still looking for the people when they were young issue, I saw it in Shoprite today. I thought it was not a current issue, but I guess it is still around.

hi.gifmerrieeee

Edited by playbiller

hee...merieeee...yeah you can always ask who the pod people are...I think Couchie has a great explantion.

I have to admit...I like thinking of whats happening behind the scenes. The thing is I am also a realist...and even if I actually wouldn't mind it if the pod people are right...I just can;t keep twisting logic to make me beleive that they are right in how they see things. So I would rather just wait...and enjoy our bounty of Clack and each other as I wait for whats to come.

Hee I am still on a high about this blog...and I don't know how he can be more clear...so I am just enjoying the predictable reactions from all over.

I have always been a sort of a “glass is half full” kind of a person, heck I really am more of a “glass is completely full” gal if the truth is known! I tend to always look on the bright side. I have never read anything into anyone's posts. I tend to take what ever is written at face value. Nothing hidden! So I guess I must not be as smart as some people because whenever Clay blogs I read it, digest it, try to understand it and move on! I don’t look for hidden meanings or messages just Clay writing a nice message. Does that make me shallow? I didn’t think so but then I start reading things that others have read in(to) the post and I am completely mystified because I did not see what they saw at all!

I know nothing about marketing, the record biz, the news media or the insides of TV.

All I want is for Clay to keep making me feel the way I have done since he came into my life, so full of joy and happiness that sometimes I can’t stand it. I have given up trying to make sense of it ….I just go with the flow. I don’t care how long it takes before he tours again or brings out a new record and I don’t care who the record company is. I am just a fan!!!! It’s his life and I am very privileged to be along for the ride!

I have made some great friends, met some nice people and hope to continue doing so! I am having more fun in my life than I ever thought possible. What more could I ask for?

I like the way you think!! Great post!! :laola0:

Interrupting with a really cool blog entry on our boyfriend:

Coral and Opal: a blog for the Buckeye State Disability Community, January 2, 2007

Clay Aiken? Good Call by Our President

There are times when you don't even need to pick up the local newspaper - you already know what is going to be in it. One of those times is at the end of any calendar year. The paper is rife with end of the year retrospectives or (worse) wish lists for the coming year. Feel free to ignore these episodes of lazy journalism.

I came across a look-back article by Phil Kloer of the Cox News Service entitled, "Could This Year Have Been Any Stupider? " (as an aside, the definition of "stupid" is "lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull," which could aptly be applied to the writings of Mr. Phil Kloer).

Sandwiched in between a lawmaker wanting to make red clay the official dirt of Georgia, and someone being awarded a patent for a cordless jump rope is this nugget of "stupidity":

September: Clay Aiken named to the President's Committee for People With Intellectual Disabilities.

Actually, Mr. Kloer, naming Clay Aiken to this post is an excellent move by President Bush. If he had named Justin Guarini, Diana DiGarmo, or some other American Idol runner-up to the Commission, that may have been a questionable call. But Clay Aiken is a grand call. Quite simply, Mr. Kloer, you have no idea what you are talking (or writing) about.

In 2003, Mr. Aiken graduated from college with a degree in Special Education. He helped run YMCA camps for children and served as a substitute teacher for a classroom of students with autism. He also worked as a personal assistant to a young child with autism.

Think he's a bad choice? Well, he's no MaryMargaret Sharp-Pucci or Harris Hollin, that's for sure. Never heard of them? Well, how about any of the following: Ricardo Barraza Jr., Herb Bartlett, Valerie Billmire , Stephen Bird, James Boles, William Edwards, Casey O’Halloran , Linda Hampton Starnes, Brian Kelly, Stephanie Pershong Brown, Thomas James Reilly, Steven Rhatigan, Neil Romano, Steve Suroviec, William Tienken, Carmela Vargas Gonzales, or Sharman Word Dennis, M.Ed.

Not ringing any bells for you?

These are all of the current members of the President's Committee on People with Intellectual Disabilities. I am sure they are all wonderful, qualified people who are dedicating their lives to the cause, and the committee is better for their works, but I'VE NEVER HEARD OF ANY THEM. I realize that is probably to my discredit, but it is true.

I have heard, however, of Mr. Clay Aiken. And his mere presence on the committee and his ongoing commitment to the cause of children with disabilities will amplify the voices of these important and great - but far-from-famous- Americans.

Mr. Kloer, there may be many things about which to criticize the president - and many things that contributed to 2006 being (in your words) "stupid."

Naming Clay Aiken to the President's Committee on People with Intellectual Disabilities is not one of them.

And here is a follow up, with a comment by one of the people who will be sharing committee work with Clay:

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Steve Rhatigan from President Council's Gives Clay Aiken Response

Steve Rhatigan, a member of the President's Committee on People with Intellectual Disabilities, responded to my post about Clay Aiken being appointed to the committee...

Steven said...

Good observation. I am one of the named unknowns' you mentioned (Steve Rhatigan) and when we as a group heard that Clay would become our new "celeb" member, our hope was that he had the bones to be there. He was replacing Coach Gene Stallings (TX A&M, Alabama) who's contributions like the Rise Schools and his own advocacy for his son with Down Syndrome were a known quantity. We also came to the conclusion that he was a great addition and filled a void (educator). I have been an advocate now going on 27 years and only knew of 8 members before our first confab. They are all strong and I'm confident our time will be productive. Clay will be one reason for that success.

9:58 AM

Thanks to Steven for his response. And, by the way, here is what President Bush said about Steve Rhatigan...

Steven C. Rhatigan of The Woodlands, Texas brings a unique perspective to PCPID based on 25 years of planning and advocacy experience across the spectrum of disabling conditions. In addition to his life planning practice, he is a frequent speaker on the issues facing this unique and diverse population. He has served on numerous boards and committees including the advisory board for The Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation; President of The Mental Health Association of Greater Houston and President of the Houston Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. He currently maintains active membership in over 20 disability support groups. Mr. Rhatigan has been married for 30 years to his wife Sharon and they have two grown children.

I knew I should have heard of him.

Very cool.

Dreams, huh? I'll toss mine into the mix.

There are plenty of TV shows that Clay didn't hit for his first round of promotion: Today, The Early Show, Ellen, Letterman - I don't have any problem imaging that he can make another series of appearances to do some more album promo. I've still got my fingers crossed for the big get: Oprah.

I even have hopes for some options that would probably be less popular in the fandom: AI and a return visit to R&K. American Idol for the huge audience, and because I don't really think the producers, et al dislike Clay. Clay gave them a huge water cooler moment in May, and I think they owe him. A return visit to R&K because I believe they too "owe" Clay, and it would create a huge buzz. Of course in my scenario, Clay would cohost with Regis, do a brilliant job, and the name "Kelly" would not pass either of their lips. ;)

Finally, I'm already drooling uncontrollably over the thought of hearing Clay doing live versions of some of the songs on ATDW. 'Scuse me while I go start chanting "TOUR TOUR TOUR".

I have to admit...I like thinking of whats happening behind the scenes. The thing is I am also a realist...and even if I actually wouldn't mind it if the pod people are right...I just can;t keep twisting logic to make me beleive that they are right in how they see things. So I would rather just wait...and enjoy our bounty of Clack and each other as I wait for whats to come.

Hee I am still on a high about this blog...and I don't know how he can be more clear...so I am just enjoying the predictable reactions from all over.

Me, too. These rationalizations are becoming increasingly tortured. I understand the desire to speculate, particularly in the absence of a sustained clack flow. However, there's speculation and then there's pure invention, which is where so many of these arguments seem to go. Personally, like you, I find myself happier waiting to see what happens rather than imagining Clay to be the victim of evil machinations.

As for the blog, doesn't it give one a sense of triumph and validation? I could not believe how on point he was about those who read too much into his blogs. For him to go so far as to mention "label pressure" was simply too precious! He was just short of addressing people by screennames. I must admit, the first think I thought when I read his quote was that it was precisely the type of quote that would invite fan interpretation. However, I have to applaud him for at least trying to get people to take his blogs at face value.

Nice to see you here, merrieeee!

And great find, ldyjocelyn. It's gratifying to see people, especially another member of the committee, recognize the value of Clay's appointment.

Hi, merrieeee! :) Remember meeting me before the concert in Long Island? Great to see you here....

And ldyjocelyn...what a great couple of posts....just goes to show how 'stupider' many people who call themselves journalists can be...lordy. :rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way....I am SOOOOOO proud of myself...I haven't visited PodPlanet once today....not once! I'm still buzzing and jumping with joy about Clay's blog and I just don't care to read the BS sure to be stinking up the joint if I wander too far from 'home'. :P

Also, for anyone who might be interested. RHT is now an open board, including EAYOR---no more fees necessary to post on threads---you know, like writers' story threads? hee....

Edited by muskifest

Great articles ldyjocelyn...I really think he uses part of the year to focus on his other interests. I bet he will be a huge asset for this group.

well I guess Churchill quotes are are out for Clay...some fan has already appropriated a bunch of them and gave it her own spin.

I really wonder why some people think they can interpret Clay for the rest of the fandom...they really are pretty clueless cos if you really want to know Clay all you have to do is pay attention and wait for him to reveal himself.

I really wonder why some people think they can interpret Clay for the rest of the fandom...they really are pretty clueless cos if you really want to know Clay all you have to do is pay attention and wait for him to reveal himself.

So very true.

I read that post, too. That first quote is quite appropriate, but rather ironic in that setting, don't you think?

My guess is that, like so many of us, Clay has a variety of plans and goals before him, some set and confirmed, some pending a certain set of conditions, some still aspirational at this point. I think he's smart enough not to get too specific until the time is right, particularly when things can change or come up at a moment's notice.

A quick admin question. Is it possible to send a PM to more than one person at one time? If so, could somebody please give me a clue? Thanks... ;)

I think you can CC up to six people...now I am not sure if you can send a pm to all your buddies at the same time...

Also, for anyone who might be interested. RHT is now an open board, including EAYOR---no more fees necessary to post on threads---you know, like writers' story threads? hee....

Could you post a link? I have no clue how to get to EAYOR, and I'm too lazy to try to GPS my way there. :P

After receiving a PM from the 'fan' who created a blog entry with specific references to all the times Clay has 'played games' with us, in which she 'challenged' me to support my post on EAYOR where I stated basically the same impression of Clay's blog that I've expressed here, I replied. I sent her a reply PM and I decided to add the same reply on her blog, too. Here it is if you don't want to go to the blog. (If you'd rather skip my reply altogther, just scroll away, friends. No harm, no foul. ;) But DAMN!

I'm almost too stupefied to reply---so of course I will :P --- other than to say it's my observation after my mumblemumble years on this earth that we often find exactly what we're looking for in this short life. So I don't go looking for trouble or negativity. It's my opinion, also, that Mr. Aiken doesn't particularly like finding continual negativity in places that exist supposedly to support him and among people who profess to have his best interests at heart.

So I continue to take him at his word. At times he's an annoying prankster; at times he's a little piss ant; at times he's serious, although his general character of approaching life with a sense of humor usually keeps him from turning serious things into bitter, dark things.

I stand by what I posted on EAYOR. To me, he's never been deceiving or intentionally hurtful, or dismissive of his fans---yes, even in this latest blog, which to me is so very, very direct and simple in its message. It's a timely message, IMO, with my only worry being that the ones who need to absorb it will either ignore it and go on with the mind-numbing extrapolating and 'expert' dissection of his words---assuming he must be referring to 'someone else'---or...in a defensive maneuver from just plain stubbornness or embarrassment at being called out, they will go on the offensive and use this newest 'slight' and 'disappointing' gesture of Clay's as a new platform for more endless expression of disappointment and pessimism. I just don't understand why people who seem so miserable with being a Clay fan, continue to call themselves a fan at all and remain around the source of their discontent.

Either way, I'll have nothing to do with criticizing him for speaking to us honestly and trying to calm the raging seas of the more...er....enthusastic elements of the fandom.

And the beat goes on......the beat goes on.... Thnk I'll write some hot stuff tonight and get my mind back on the right track... :lol:

Edited by muskifest

After doing some reading today, I've decided that my new philosophy is -- I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

:P

In the meantime, let's just ponder the reason why we're here, shall we?

doubleguh.jpg

What a beautiful, beautiful man....

BRAVO Muski...just love that reply...the gall of that person...sorry I cannot call that particular persona a fan cos that simpy DO NOT apply.

I think the only thin she is truly a fan of is her own endless complaining.

good one ldyjocelyn yup that is truly beautiful...and I also relized its useless arguing with delusional people...they just ignore you when you make good point anyway.

One senses, too, that it's a bit of a diversionary tactic. Get people talking about great quotes and and hopefully, they'll get off the RCA gerbil wheel for awhile. Hey, what do you think about that as a topic--a discussion of his latest quote and what we think it means, not just as it relates to Clay but as it relates to our own lives? Maybe these quotes are his way being a teacher, again.

What a great idea...and I don't think we need to wait for a chat. We should strike while it's fresh. FYI, anybody can start a thread in most of the areas at FCA so when gives us a new quote, have at it. I set up the first thread here in the gabfest section.

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...p?showtopic=278

With Muski's influence I almost called it pearls from pink lips. LOL

Yep to both of you Ansa and ldyjocelyn and BWAH to the 'unarmed opponent' comment! :lol: And yeah, again. All the way home on the bus I kept second guessing my decision to post the damned comment on the blog, you know? For the reasons you two have noted. And I was kicking myself for taking the bait. The funniest part of this particular episode, though, is that she started her PM at CV with "I tried to PM you at EAYOR but it wouldn't let me."

uh...

That's because I had PMs from her blocked there! :lol: Ah, yes...our history is a rich and delightful one. :glare:

Oh, and the link to EAYOR? When I tried to include it here from the url, it didn't work...I'm waiting to hear back from someone over there so I can give you the right thing.

ETA: info from EAYOR:

You can give them the direct link, but I believe they still have to be a member to read and post. The only change so far has been that you don't have to be premium to post.

So you still have to go to the RHT home page to register as a member, which doesn't cost, in order to post. Used to be that you had to be a member (no fee) to read, but a premium member (fee) to post.

Edited by muskifest

Beautiful picture.

Can somebody please either PM or just tell me what Hockeygate is suppose to be?? I am just be pretty illiterate tonight or just may be stupid. Watching House. Wow, Cuddy is lying on the stand and comitting purgery. Love that show. I love a show that has legal minds, hospital mayhem (why, because I work in a hospital with lots of Houses, gotta love it). Just about as much as I love Clay. I don't want to angst or "worry" about Clay. I just want to love him for himself, geek and all.

I skipped the last two pages. I will read them tomorrow.

I just want to give a good ole Georgia Hey to Institches. Nice to meet and (((( HUGS, LOTSA HUGS )))) to this group of the greatest people in the world. Now I am just getting sappy.

I am off to read the blog now.

:dancingpickle::wein::drink: :trink3: :00000441: :trink4::polon: :704: :party045: :09:

OK...on my lunch today I actually read a bit here and wrote my responses long hand. I hope you can follow although there are no quotes.

Play: My tree is still up - all the bulbs are off but the lights are still on it. I think I'll sneak - uh - take it out tonight.... around midnight. I definitely chalk it up to laziness.

Luckiest1 - Yeah I will also re-establish some things in my life like go back to reading. When Clay tours it takes up a lot of my time between the cellcerts, the concert pages, watching clack. I'm not complaining but I've learned to dial it back when he takes a break. So other than a few little projects in the back of my head and posthoing here :D

I looked around Clay Nation last night. I do that from time to time. - lots of pod like outposts out there including his very own fan site but also many havens where communities continue to revolve around what little aspect of Clay brought them together and they're prospering. It was nice to see.

Muski - I love it when you're schmoopie.

Ansa: Nice wrap up of FCA activities. Thank you. Although we didn't start the forum because of the pins it really was what gave us life in the beginning. I think it's very appropo that it moves on as we move forward. I think archiving it all is a great idea. And props to you for doing all that work. Just in case people don't realize, Ansa posted every single thing in the pin gallery - dealt with every single pin designer. She did it all. I just listened and offered sympathy. heee

Play: Depressed? Derpressed! Clay is depressed!!!??? That's all I got

Put on TO DO list for Muski: Find new bitchen emoticons for bitchen FCA members - loved your EAYOR post and your response to Cap. You're a better woman than me because I'm not even interested in reading her "perspective." There's this sentiment in this fandom that if you spend a fortune and half your time on Clay nobody gets to call you on your assholery.

LdyJ - When it comes to touring Clay is a master. I believe he will sing never before heard songs whether he tours tomorrow, next week, or next year. It really is a little pet peeve of mine right now that after 7 tours people believe Clay would put together some sort of snoozefest of a pop tour. Well the dim witted characterization is also right up there in the pet peeve department.

Bottle The deconstruction of Clay...I kinda stole your words for our new thread...heee

KAndre: It's funny - I've actually wondered what would happen to FCA and my clack if I got hit by a bus tomorrow LOL. I wonder if I should set up a trust or add it to my will. I sometimes do get concerned that I'm worth more dead than alive :lol:

yeah we really need some new emoticons.